Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:25:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FA Cup replays  (Read 2369 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: FA Cup replays
« Reply #60 on April 19, 2024, 05:37:40 pm by silent majority »
It's a nail in the coffin to them trying to show their self governing.

It definitely does that too.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Armthorpe mickler

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 19, 2024, 06:24:38 pm by Armthorpe mickler »
It's a disgrace. Big six stopping all the smaller clubs making money and there not even in those rounds.
Awful.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 19, 2024, 07:04:01 pm by The Beast »
Every rule/law in this country is made to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. It’s steeped into the fabric of society, 1% of the population hold 70% of the wealth, you’ve got Rishi avoiding millions in tax talking about getting the sick off universal credit. The same is true in football, the FA just let the prem do what they want, the football league clubs don’t even get consulted. At least we’ve got the trickle down effect, which basically means that every now and then you get pissed on from above!

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 19, 2024, 07:32:32 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
What two brave teams who have drawn next year need to do is walk off the pitch at the end of the game and refuse to take part in a shootout. Then they can arrange a "Replay" in the other teams stadium the following Tuesday week. They can't kick both teams out if they both refuse a shootout? Imagine how the FA would be shown up if a number of clubs did that after drawn ties?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 19, 2024, 08:41:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Listened to radio Sheffield football heaven this eve.

I can never remember the presenters names but he did make a very valid argument for abolishing replays.
One game gives the lower league team more chance of success than doing it over 2 games.
If it goes to penalties then that’s almost a 50/50 result.

I am a traditionalist and think replays are something to look forward to especially if you get one against a big or bigger club than we are.

Whether we should have replays or not and there is a valid debate to be had the point is just that. Why was there no consultation with the 72 EFL clubs and the National league clubs. Does the voice of all those Clubs count for nothing.
That is what is so wrong about this. Who are the FA representing?

The EPL seem to think they can be dictatorial on how the game is run and change the format of the oldest and most prestigious cup competition in the World without any consultation with all the other clubs who have a vested interest.
This is a Cup that involves clubs right at the bottom of the pyramid.
10th tier clubs start in the 1st preliminary round.

The Premier League’s agenda has nothing but self interest.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 08:44:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 20, 2024, 07:09:58 am by Padge_DRFC »
Zero benefit in replays rounds 1 and 2 financially. I've been told off someone who does the finances at another EFL club that most Bristol street motor games cost clubs more than ticket sales. Crowds are just as bad in the FA cup at this stage.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 20, 2024, 08:06:05 am by tyke1962 »
All I know is that two legendary nights at Oakwell would now not take place under the new FA Cup rules .

The two nights under the lights when we brought Spurs and Manchester United back to Oakwell for replays have gone down in folklore .

The atmosphere on both those nights in 1998 was bouncing , something that will never happen again is actually pretty sad .

It's sad because younger supporters won't ever see two nights like that and won't ever have the memories I have sitting in my soul .

You couldn't buy those two nights off me personally .

Same with fans of non league clubs who bring league clubs back to their grounds after holding them to a draw , club's like Hosham who hosted ourselves this season in round 1 , it was a huge night for their supporters and players .

My interest in this game today dwindles with each passing year , we will get to non existent very shortly .

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 20, 2024, 08:39:31 am by Silkscarf »
The (English) FA are a disgrace. They’ve proved this many times over the years. They don’t care about me or any other football fans, or safeguarding the greater good of ‘the game’ they claim to have invented. They’ve failed us yet again.

I support Doncaster Rovers. What I think and feel about the game is just as important as a supporter of Man City, Liverpool, Bournemouth, Brentford, Fulham or any other club. I’m not a second class supporter.

If your club is in the PL today, it’s likely it won’t be at some point sooner or later. You’ll be back with us losers in the lower tiers. There’s a long list of massive clubs down here.

The Premier League and its nasty backers don’t care either. That’s no surprise. Their job is solely to make vast profits.

Human-rights abusing regimes and global ‘property developers’ laundering funds don’t care about fans or ‘consumers’ either. Of course. Richardson, Weaver Associates didn’t care about us. All this is obvious to everyone who looks closer than a lazy and incompetent local journalist.

The ‘big clubs’ want to expand the European competitions to make even more money from even more matches. Then they complain there are too many matches. What they mean is too many matches that don’t pay them what their greed dictates.

We’re not having it.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 20, 2024, 10:15:47 am by DRFC_AjA »
Today is what footy is about and the FA would do well to remember. A town/city excited about their team playing. Getting out, seeing your mates,  pre match cuppa or beer, chit chat about life, good old song and shout, smell the grass......

And that's just us and Barrow. Imagine how Cov fans are feeling this weekend

Not sitting on your backside watching overpaid children in the PL and pretending / forcing your support by buying more and more merchandise. And listening to every word of the absolute drivel the likes of Neville, Shearer, Savage talk. Just imagine working hard week in week out for your money to go on the Ferrari of an agent. Football League wins every day

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on April 20, 2024, 11:18:21 am by silent majority »
Zero benefit in replays rounds 1 and 2 financially. I've been told off someone who does the finances at another EFL club that most Bristol street motor games cost clubs more than ticket sales. Crowds are just as bad in the FA cup at this stage.

I think your finance friend needs to check his books. EPL and FA money isn’t classed as ticket income but it more than makes up the shortfall.

And nobody has really focussed on the money, it’s been about the magic that cup competitions bring that counts.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 20, 2024, 11:27:09 am by ncRover »

It’s not even the loss of potential revenue that is the annoying thing here. It’s the complete disregard of the heritage of the world’s oldest football cup competition because some spoilt brats only care about “the promised land of the premier league”.

If the main complaint is the loss of revenue then the EFL don’t have a leg to stand on when the PL / FA say there will still be revenue opportunities. That isn’t the point here.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 20, 2024, 11:27:37 am by Filo »
Kick the PL clubs out of the Bristol Streets Motors for me, without consultation, and replace them with National league clubs
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 11:30:45 am by Filo »

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 25, 2024, 10:19:03 am by DRFC_AjA »
You couldn't make it up but Newcastle and Spurs have announced a POST season tour of....Australia  :headbang:

The FA really are the biggest mugs in the world falling for the our players are too tired routine

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 25, 2024, 10:25:46 am by drfchound »
Kick the PL clubs out of the Bristol Streets Motors for me, without consultation, and replace them with National league clubs

Difficult though Filo.
L1 and L2 clubs receive hundreds of thousands of pounds from the PL clubs to allow their U21s to participate in that competition.
Of course, the NL clubs couldn’t match that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012