Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:16:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Eventful journey home yesterday.  (Read 521 times)

streathamdave

• Forum Member
Eventful journey home yesterday.
« on April 21, 2024, 01:17:40 pm by streathamdave »
Being a London based rover I had to plan out my visit yesterday to be as cheap as possible. I contemplated driving to and from and just catching the game inbetween, but couldn't face it. As a result I got cheapest possible (stupidly early) train and then train to Meadowhall before a Megabus. Anyway, train took me through Rotherham. I understand the rivalry, but I've never had any personal issues with them before. The same can not be said of Birmingham who sadly got on in numbers. Came on singing loud shit Birmingham songs and generally being dicks. Two of them took particular issue with me being in Donny colours with the hugely original Wheres wally? and a veiled threat of violence. I kept calm and told them how happy I was with our result. Got the impression that they had won so am delighted to find that these thugs only got a draw against Rotherham. Would love Wednesday or Huddersfield to catch them and get them relegated. If I came from Birmingham and didn't support Villa (who seem a lot more normal) I'd have to wonder about my life choices. Think if i'd been the sort to be easily intimidated things would have taken an unwelcome turn. I wasn't sure until I stepped off train that I'd be able to without punches being thrown. In fairness two of them weren't dicks. Got a thumbs up from one behind the backs of the others when I said score and a nice polite word as I stepped off from another. Anyway, alls well that ends well. Brum have now become my most disliked club over Milwall. :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012