Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:31:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers made Mcindoe enquiry!  (Read 7283 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BLIR

• Forum Member
Re:Rovers made Mcindoe enquiry!
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2010, 10:49:58 am by BLIR »
Could be a loan deal then?

I'd have him on loan - his talent is fantastic - but would be wary of a signing because his attitude and temperament were questionable.

I honestly thought he would go from strength to strength when he left us but doesn't seem to be able to settle at a club (and he's tried plenty of them).

Loan deal would be ideal, if he could recapture anything like the form he had when he was with us before he would be a huge asset. If he doesn't play well, or upsets the balance, or upsets the dressing room then he can be shipped out again as quickly as he has come?

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2010, 10:50:49 am by inSODwetrust »
After our midfield's performance the other day Vs Dull, whats the point?? Nothing more than a benchwarmer!!!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2010, 10:53:06 am by BLIR »
inSODwetrust wrote:
After our midfield's performance the other day Vs Dull, whats the point?? Nothing more than a benchwarmer!!!

Sorry, but no!

At the top of his game Macca could walk into our team (and probably any team in this league). It's getting him to the top of his game and keeping him there that seems to be the problem?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2010, 10:53:21 am by 5minstogo »
inSODwetrust wrote:

I agree, unless we were sounding them out as a replacement in case one of our midfield maestro's had left yesterday.  :ohmy:   ;)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2010, 10:57:47 am by inSODwetrust »
Re:Rovers made Mcindoe enquiry! 0 Minutes ago    
inSODwetrust wrote:

Sorry, but no!

At the top of his game Macca could walk into our team (and probably any team in this league).

Mr Egotistical left us in 2006, and since then he has played in 4 Championship clubs, surely that tells you something!!!

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2010, 11:40:42 am by DonnyNoel »
inSODwetrust wrote:

Putting aside the \"would he make the first 11\" debate... So what if he was a bench/squad player? As I've mentioned in other threads - we need a good squad to get promoted. A good first 11 got us to the fringe of the playoffs last season but a couple of runs of bad form and injuries cost us. With better players on the bench than we had last season we can start to address that problem. It would be fantastic if we could field the 11 that strolled by Hull every week and they play like that every week but over 46 games that won't happen.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2010, 11:41:45 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
If we did sign him, I would play him at left back - he is as solid in defence as he is going forwards (he played LWB for Yeovil) and would be a vast improvement on what we have.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2010, 12:11:11 pm by BLIR »
inSODwetrust wrote:
Mr Egotistical left us in 2006, and since then he has played in 4 Championship clubs, surely that tells you something!!!

Yes, he hasn't been able to settle - quite possibly because of his ego and temperament.

However, I can remember how good he was for us and he's a good shout for a loan deal in my book.

As I said previously, if he doesn't perform or upsets the team he can be sent back.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2010, 12:13:21 pm by inSODwetrust »
Re:Rovers made Mcindoe enquiry! 1 Minute ago    
inSODwetrust wrote:

Yes, he hasn't been able to settle - quite possibly because of his ego and temperament.

However, I can remember how good he was for us and he's a good shout for a loan deal in my book.

As I said previously, if he doesn't perform or upsets the team he can be sent back

That goes against everything SO'D believe's in surely!!!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2010, 12:46:28 pm by wing commander »
I think he would make a great left back as well,always liked a tackle..I have spoken to Macca a number of times when he was here and a couple after he left,and he has always been complimentary about his time here.
  He had a rep for being a bit cocky but i dont mind that in a player,although i suspect he's grown up a bit now.A coventry fan told me that he started off really well at Cov but struggled with injuries and a change of manager hasnt helped him either,nothing from them to say he has caused trouble so far..
  Go get him,thats what i say although that might have something to do with the fact id rather have Lewis Guy at left back  than Friend.lol

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2010, 01:00:35 pm by philsky »
I'll go and collect him.

Not a bad squad player Id say, and his ability would galvanise an already excellent midfield.

And yes, could do a damn fine job at left back.

RTID

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2010, 01:00:53 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I forgot all about him because of how well Mccammon did for years on the left.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2010, 01:10:09 pm by NigelJ »
inSODwetrust wrote:
... since then he has played in 4 Championship clubs, surely that tells you something!!!

Yes, he has plenty of Championship experience, having played at this level for a number of years.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 01, 2010, 03:26:39 pm by mutleyrover »
As a loan deal would be worth giving a go.  Not sure about a permanent signing though as think he may struggle with the SOD team work ethic.

Plus what would it do for his Internationl career playing for small old Donny.  Would surely be better off at a bigger club like Barnsley.  ;)

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 01, 2010, 03:35:16 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
You think he will struggle with team work? Have you never seen him play for us? He was the most hardworking member of our squad in his first stint with us, he always gave 100% to the team - there seems to be this myth that McIndoe only cares about McIndoe, that couldn't have been further from the truth back in the day!

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 01, 2010, 03:59:41 pm by inSODwetrust »
I think Mutley has just summed it up in his last paragraph there!!!   :thumbsup:

snods big brother

« Reply #17 on September 01, 2010, 04:19:46 pm by snods big brother »
Thankfully it has so far come to nothing - lets hope it stays that way - his best is behind him.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 01, 2010, 04:44:16 pm by ctay »
Yes please for me. Better than Shiels? Yes, better than Hayter? Yes. Very good player. I always thought he would fit in well to a SOD system.

He could play in the top three, midfield three and maybe even left back.

Would he fit in with the rest of the lads? Who knows.

Has he still got the desire? Worth a chance I think.

Maybe he needs a manager to put the arm round him.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 01, 2010, 04:53:05 pm by jmt »
the perfect fit for us, making us a well balanced side and also giving friend some much needed support
he might just chip in with a goal or two too!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 01, 2010, 04:57:36 pm by BLIR »
inSODwetrust wrote:
That goes against everything SO'D believe's in surely!!!!

I'm guessing not, otherwise an approach wouldn't have been made - SOD knows Macca's history after all!

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 01, 2010, 07:53:35 pm by redarmi66 »
i would have him back and play him at left back(where he played at yeovil) instead of friend who im not sold on at the moment - he has the technical ability to slot right in(not sure friend has this ability)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 01, 2010, 08:20:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So his social visit a few weeks back to see JR wasn't without purpose then.

Has he acquired a few more gambling debts or does he just see no future with Boothroyd and wants JR to rescue him ?

better to have him on loan rather than permanent then he can show us if he's anywhere near the player he was.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 01, 2010, 08:30:41 pm by Red wizard »
jmt wrote:
the perfect fit for us, making us a well balanced side and also giving friend some much needed support
he might just chip in with a goal or two too!

How would he be a prefect fit for us? He is a winger and we don't use wingers. Goals he would get of that i am sure but not a perfect fit not imo anyway. Left back? not so sure. Workrate, teamwork, you couldn't get a better eg in a player but has he still got the leggs for it? he is 30 now or maybe 31 and i just don't see a place for him. But hey what do i know i am no manager.

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 01, 2010, 08:36:18 pm by Boycie »
Don't think Copps would be happy if he came back.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 01, 2010, 09:23:11 pm by Jonathan »
DonnyNoel wrote:
Putting aside the \"would he make the first 11\" debate... So what if he was a bench/squad player? As I've mentioned in other threads - we need a good squad to get promoted. A good first 11 got us to the fringe of the playoffs last season but a couple of runs of bad form and injuries cost us. With better players on the bench than we had last season we can start to address that problem. It would be fantastic if we could field the 11 that strolled by Hull every week and they play like that every week but over 46 games that won't happen.

Keep plugging away mate, one day some of the people on here might realise we can't operate with an eleven man squad!

As for the McIndoe debate, I agree with those that have said he would be a quality addition to the squad. He's a clever player, a hard worker, and can offer support in both attack and defence. The day we become too good to find a place in the squad for a player like McIndoe will probably be the day I can no longer afford to attend any games.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 01, 2010, 10:49:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
inSODwetrust wrote:

Have you ever looked at Oster's track record before he joined us? He moved on outta town so quickly and so often, he made Kid Curry & Hannibal Hayes (ask your grandads) look like staid suburban mortgage-paying, Neighbourhood Watch vice presidents.

Has HE not adapted to the O'Driscoll approach?

VikingJames

« Reply #27 on September 01, 2010, 10:57:37 pm by VikingJames »
inSODwetrust wrote:

Yeah, it tells you he's a good Championship player who belongs at this level.

Sign him up!  :scarf:

george-friend

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 02, 2010, 02:33:39 pm by george-friend »
Class.
Skill.
Versatile.
Experience.

What more could you want ?
I would think he has matured a bit more anyway

what harm can a 1 month loan do ?
We need as many bodies as possible at this moment in time.    :dry:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 02, 2010, 02:37:06 pm by DonnyRTID »
He's not coming!, SO'D stated in DFP that it's utter nonsense.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012