Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:30:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Slash prices and they will come!!!  (Read 5322 times)

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
Slash prices and they will come!!!
« on September 03, 2010, 05:37:24 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Well, I have just received my ticket for the away end at the Donny v Leeds United game.  £28……. TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS!!!.

I feel betrayed by John Ryan.  How dare he charge such an exorbitant amount if he hopes to continue to entice the “Donny Whites” down to the KMS?  Doesn’t he know that there is a recession on?  Hasn’t he got kids? Well I for one am going to make a stand and I won’t be visiting again until next season AT THE VERY EARLIEST. Where's that Facebook page?

It’s just not good enough, it really isn’t.  I’ve half a mind to formulate a marketing plan and send it to JR in order to enlighten him.  I may suggest a new tariff of £5 a ticket plus a gesture by the club of, say, 20 minutes in the back room of the Corner Pin with a Vikette of my choice.  How on earth, as a market-aware businessman, hasn’t he thought of this before?  It’s so simple.  And then he can re-build the away end and be guaranteed a stampede of traitorous, knuckle-dragging scum, eager to queue for 48 hours just for the privilege of a ticket.

Economics is just so simple.  I mean, anybody would think that JR has a basic knowledge of market forces and how to run a successful business, when t’Rovers revenue stream can be doubled overnight by means of an indignant rant on the VSC Forum. I bet he has never even heard of economic modelling.

What a deluded man he must be.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
Re:Slash prices and they will come!!!
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2010, 05:40:23 pm by DMnumber4 »
It's alright W.V, for £28 a pop, I'd take the roof off and build great big railings in front of the away end. I'd only serve the p*ss water that is Fosters to your fans too!

It's a disgrace JR, way too comfy and way too cheap...booo!

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2010, 05:49:42 pm by Dimples-D »
How anyone can cheer a team playing against their own town/city is beyond me..

Not supporting your own town/city team is bad,
but actually wanting them to lose is just sad.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 03, 2010, 05:54:53 pm by Sprotyrover »
Wellington Vaults wrote:
Well, I have just received my ticket for the away end at the Donny v Leeds United game.  £28……. TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS!!!.

I feel betrayed by John Ryan.  How dare he charge such an exorbitant amount if he hopes to continue to entice the “Donny Whites” down to the KMS?  Doesn’t he know that there is a recession on?  Hasn’t he got kids? Well I for one am going to make a stand and I won’t be visiting again until next season AT THE VERY EARLIEST. Where's that Facebook page?

It’s just not good enough, it really isn’t.  I’ve half a mind to formulate a marketing plan and send it to JR in order to enlighten him.  I may suggest a new tariff of £5 a ticket plus a gesture by the club of, say, 20 minutes in the back room of the Corner Pin with a Vikette of my choice.  How on earth, as a market-aware businessman, hasn’t he thought of this before?  It’s so simple.  And then he can re-build the away end and be guaranteed a stampede of traitorous, knuckle-dragging scum, eager to queue for 48 hours just for the privilege of a ticket.

Economics is just so simple.  I mean, anybody would think that JR has a basic knowledge of market forces and how to run a successful business, when t’Rovers revenue stream can be doubled overnight by means of an indignant rant on the VSC Forum. I bet he has never even heard of economic modelling.

Well said Wellington :)

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 03, 2010, 05:58:04 pm by redbrez »
how much will a away ticket at bellend road cost ?

i for one get great value in terms of quality of football for my st,it equates to probably twenty squid a game great value for the games i watch.
i feel sorry for people that cant afford a st,or think that 28squid which is i presume the top end price for a ticket on a match day basis.
i too struggle to pay for my st but all it takes is for you too put away 5 to ten squid a week and you are more or less there,so start saving and you too could have great value.
if i dint save through the year i too would not be able to pay for a season ticket.
plus that's ace coming from a donny white who calls jr,have you got any mirrors bud,two words papa smurf.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 03, 2010, 08:12:59 pm by MrFrost »
redbrez wrote:

i for one get great value in terms of quality of football for my st,it equates to probably twenty squid a game great value for the games i watch.
i feel sorry for people that cant afford a st,or think that 28squid which is i presume the top end price for a ticket on a match day basis.
i too struggle to pay for my st but all it takes is for you too put away 5 to ten squid a week and you are more or less there,so start saving and you too could have great value.
if i dint save through the year i too would not be able to pay for a season ticket.
plus that's ace coming from a donny white who calls jr,have you got any mirrors bud,two words papa smurf.

Alot of people don't have a spare £5 or £10 a week. That is the harsh reality.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 03, 2010, 08:30:07 pm by Katesby »
I will most definitely be watching the Leeds game on Sky, despite being a season ticket holder since the conference days. Seems a shame to miss a game like that however I refuse to pay such prices for my ticket. Sort it JR!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 03, 2010, 09:19:02 pm by MrFrost »
Wellington Vaults wrote:

There is no recession \"on\" and hasn't been for eight month. If you're going to use something to put your argument across, please get your facts right.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 03, 2010, 10:22:47 pm by vaya »
MrFrost wrote:
Wellington Vaults wrote:

There is no recession \"on\" and hasn't been for eight month. If you're going to use something to put your argument across, please get your facts right.

He's right - as soon as one statistical model reasoned we were out of recession fivers started pouring through my letterbox. I've had to tape the thing up just to be able to use the front door.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 03, 2010, 11:14:19 pm by donnybez »
For f**k sake its simple economics. We are out of recession. The positive growths each quarter kinda make that obvious. However we're in a Recovery and some time away from a Boom. Then its a downturn and recession which we can only enter provided we have a negative growth 3 (or 4 in US) quarters in a row.

Reason why he's risen prices are because while they were low, no one was coming (well not enough) before, and hes the one funding out club. Each month he foots the bill and invests in the squad so anyone who show indignation at a lack of cash spent, why dont YOU foot the £7,000,000 bill EVERY season

When we turn up, it funds this, however if the fans dont come in, he loses more money and its painfully obvious that over time JR will think \"Why should I bother\". Yes its his hometown club and beloved Rovers but he HAS to make something out of it to make it worthwhile to fund it. Otherwise it'll bankrupt him, hence why we have the KM2 on board to help hold it up.

Some of us havent the jobs or cash and I agree, as i am one of them, and there does need to be a comprimise of sorts between the fans and board on 'fair'

Oh and Donnywhites? How could anyone be THAT sad is beyond me

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 03, 2010, 11:21:50 pm by vaya »
We might be statistically 'out of recession' but by definition it's a national empirical model - it doesn't take into account regional variations, the hit the North has taken in terms of job losses and personal circumstances.

Or in toher words,  you can statistically prove it's stopped raining, but I'll still be be p1ss wet through for the next few hours.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 03, 2010, 11:25:28 pm by BobG »
Cracking Wellygogs. Just cracking! Shame some can't see the joke.

BobG

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 04, 2010, 12:08:58 am by Viking Don »
Enjoy the game WV, made me laugh anyway. I'll give thee a wave from the Prawn stand.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 04, 2010, 12:10:38 am by Viking Don »
double post syndrome strikes again and I'm not pissed.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 04, 2010, 12:16:12 am by BobG »
But I soon will be :)

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 04, 2010, 08:32:39 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Rigoglioso wrote:
redbrez wrote:

£29 minimum - and we'll probably be sat in the corner as well.

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Did you actually read the OP before coming out with this gem?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #16 on September 04, 2010, 09:21:15 am by Rovin Reporter »
Wellington Vaults wrote:

-

It may not have occurred to you that the club is skint, and to make some games cheaper it has to off-set that, by making Cat A more expensive every club in the league is trying to survive , we are fortunate not to be in debt , but J/R & co need to be causes  and balance things out for the good of the finances of the club, i would be more concerned that we do not have any money for new players not a few extra quid for the odd match.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 04, 2010, 12:21:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And they say the Britush have the best sense of humour in the world.

Must be some reight po-faced tears in Belgium then.

VikingJames

« Reply #18 on September 04, 2010, 12:27:03 pm by VikingJames »
Am I the only one who got that it was a joke, but didn't find it very funny?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 04, 2010, 12:35:25 pm by Superspy »
i found the bit about being in a back room with a vikette quite funny.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 04, 2010, 01:54:01 pm by CusworthRovers »
The message I saw (in a light hearted way) was that we all think we are Keynes, Smith, Malthus plus some modern day Alan Sugars, Dragons Dens etc etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the successful proven businessmen of TB, DW and JR are merely cavemen.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 04, 2010, 01:58:15 pm by Nudga »
I think most of us are suggesting that they are slightly losing touch with what's happening on the streets. Have they taken their fingers off the pulse? Are they keeping their ears to the ground?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 04, 2010, 02:02:37 pm by CusworthRovers »
Unfortunately Nudga, I doubt head dog Dave Morris is out with his homeys and bitch's sussing out the vibe and the word on the street.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 04, 2010, 02:09:20 pm by Nudga »
Me neither, he's probably doing a Phil Mitchell in Balby flats, smacked off his tits on brown and cheap cider.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 04, 2010, 02:16:53 pm by CusworthRovers »
I've been in the hallowed offices upstairs at the KM a few times and seen Dave in his office next to reception. He always looks bored shitless as do many in the main office bit. I've seen more work in a village full of Mexicans, to be honest

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 04, 2010, 02:22:26 pm by Nudga »
Seriously though, it seems like a lot of football fans (not just the Donny fans) are getting pissed off with how modern football has become. Man Utd fans are planning more demo's against their board, Middlesboro' fans are voting with their feet as are QPR. I just wish a few clubs would take the lead and start looking after the fans more and reigning in the players/agents wages. Sadly, this ain't going to happen until the arse falls out of football.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 04, 2010, 02:28:03 pm by MrFrost »
Nudga wrote:
Seriously though, it seems like a lot of football fans (not just the Donny fans) are getting pissed off with how modern football has become. Man Utd fans are planning more demo's against their board, Middlesboro' fans are voting with their feet as are QPR. I just wish a few clubs would take the lead and start looking after the fans more and reigning in the players/agents wages. Sadly, this ain't going to happen until the arse falls out of football.

I reckon it will all come to a head pretty soon. Football simply cannot keep on the way it's going.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 04, 2010, 02:46:31 pm by Sandy Lane »
Would this work at all? Seems that all sports have been hit with lower sales of season tickets as well as individual games. As I overheard at work, this is what the Yankees have instituted to fill seats and help certain groups of people to attend some games. Particularly of note is the section for $5 tickets for seniors and select games (minus the Vikette, mind you) as WV has suggested!!!  :-)  

http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/specials.jsp

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 04, 2010, 03:14:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Superspy wrote:
i found the bit about being in a back room with a vikette quite funny.

Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah but HOW does the Pot-Hunting Judas know about the Vikettes?

Has he been sneaking into the Keepmoat clandestine-like over this last couple of years to watch the sumptuous football served up by the club of the town of his birth, while the far-off heroes that he'd previously hitched his wagon to were wallowing in the lower league swamps?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 05, 2010, 01:00:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:
redbrez wrote:

£29 minimum - and we'll probably be sat in the corner as well.

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Did you actually read the OP before coming out with this gem?

What gem is that then? Come on, amuse me, lets hear what b*llocks you've got to say?

All football clubs are at it. Us, Leeds, Hartlepool, Swindon. North. East. South. West. League. Non-league. English. Scottish.

Irony? Isn't that what they use to make Steely?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012