Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:39:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Come on lads lets make so some noise..  (Read 8577 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Come on lads lets make so some noise..
« on October 23, 2010, 02:31:22 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Bad enough having empty seats - but sing up for god sake !!!

If it helps get to the pub early and have a skin full!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re:Come on lads lets make so some noise..
« Reply #1 on October 23, 2010, 03:06:12 pm by Boomstick »
agreed, but we both know it will be complete w**k as usual. An embarrassment for the whole country to laugh at us on the BBC.
Singing/ultras section needs sorting, fast

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 23, 2010, 03:28:47 pm by DRFCTom »
+1 on the singing section

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 23, 2010, 03:30:19 pm by Superspy »
indeed, this is one of those games that would massively benefit from unreserved seating...not that it matters of course.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2010, 07:52:43 pm by RobTheRover »
Actually, the South Stand was very loud todau. Everyone seemed to want to put on a good show for the tv cameras.  Great atmosphere.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2010, 08:25:28 pm by Nudga »
RobTheRover wrote:
Actually, the South Stand was very loud todau. Everyone seemed to want to put on a good show for the tv cameras.  Great atmosphere.

Unfortunately it didn't come across on telly.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2010, 08:30:11 pm by Boomstick »
Nudga wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

Thats because it wasnt a good atmosphere, it was terrible as per usual. I'm cringing at robtherovers comments, because he actually believes it was a good atmosphere.
We have the worst home support in the country, as soon as people can admit this then we can actually do something about it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 23, 2010, 08:33:17 pm by MrFrost »
It was shit. End of.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 23, 2010, 08:35:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It was good at times, others not.  Second half the atmosphere reflected the game.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 23, 2010, 08:45:16 pm by RobTheRover »
Boomstick wrote:
Nudga wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

Thats because it wasnt a good atmosphere, it was terrible as per usual. I'm cringing at robtherovers comments, because he actually believes it was a good atmosphere.
We have the worst home support in the country, as soon as people can admit this then we can actually do something about it.

No need to cringe for me, pal.  Where i was sat at the back of the SS the atmosphere was miles better than it's been recently.  Maybe you needed to turn the telly up a bit.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 23, 2010, 08:45:22 pm by Boomstick »
well, as predicted we are getting rinsed on other football forums. Even f**king rotherham are taking the piss.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 23, 2010, 08:50:06 pm by MrFrost »
From the middle of the west stand, trust me you could hardly be heard.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 23, 2010, 08:50:18 pm by Boomstick »
RobTheRover wrote:
Boomstick wrote:
Nudga wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

No need to cringe for me, pal.  Where i was sat at the back of the SS the atmosphere was miles better than it's been recently.  Maybe you needed to turn the telly up a bit.

I was there, I have a sore throat from singing, I'm frustrated 90% dont sing, as mr frost said 'It was shit, end of'
In no way shape or form can today can be described as a good atmosphere. It was better, but only in the sense that getting punched in the face is better than getting kicked in the balls.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 23, 2010, 08:57:30 pm by jucyberry »
Well, as always I listened in on the phone with the fella, along with watching it on the tv..

IF I had not seen the game live I would have said why wasn't there more singing  because there were times when all I could hear was silence.
HOWEVER the singing perfectly came over on the tv I thought. ( loved the shot of the drummer too.) Now if it was loud enough isn't for me to say, but it just goes to show as has been said before on here, the accoustics seem to play a part in the muting of the chants.

As the fella said also, its a shame the camera faced towards the east stand too because it made us look terribly under supported.  :(

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 23, 2010, 09:02:23 pm by MrFrost »
jucyberry wrote:
Well, as always I listened in on the phone with the fella, along with watching it on the tv..

IF I had not seen the game live I would have said why wasn't there more singing  because there were times when all I could hear was silence.
HOWEVER the singing perfectly came over on the tv I thought. ( loved the shot of the drummer too.) Now if it was loud enough isn't for me to say, but it just goes to show as has been said before on here, the accoustics seem to play a part in the muting of the chants.

As the fella said also, its a shame the camera faced towards the east stand too because it made us look terribly under supported.  :(

That's because we were terrible unsupported. Less than 9000 for a South Yorkshire derby.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 23, 2010, 09:06:53 pm by Barmby Rover »
You should have bought a few more tickets and taken some friends with you Mr.Frost..........ah, there's a flaw in my plan somewhere....   :P

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 23, 2010, 09:08:59 pm by CusworthRovers »
The camera could have pointed East/West/South and North and the appearance would have been the same.

As those giants of music, Bucks Fizz once said....My camera never lies

At the end of the day, am I bothered, face-bothered, am I bothered and all that shite

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 23, 2010, 09:09:46 pm by bobjimwilly »
MrFrost wrote:
jucyberry wrote:

That's because we were terrible unsupported. Less than 9000 for a South Yorkshire derby.

Floating fans can be forgiven for saving £28 and staying in and watching on TV though, surely?
You would Frosty!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 23, 2010, 09:19:17 pm by MrFrost »
It's not just today though is it. Ticket sales for the next two games are not selling any quicker than what they do usually. We've probably got 7500 die hards now who will attend the home games. The group of lads I used to go with don't go anymore. The reason isn't the cost, the reason is that it isn't enjoyable any more. They blame the shit atmosphere, no banter with away fans. The whole experience.
Surely that is a worry going forward.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 23, 2010, 09:20:49 pm by jucyberry »
To be fair tho I would think those who usually come but stayed away must have weighed it up. which game is the best to skip if finances are tight? It has to be the one that is going to be screened on tv doesn't it? and as many people don't just buy one ticket but two plus, then I guess it makes perfect sense to skip this particular one.

Lord knows, if the government cuts are going to be as harsh as it sounds, perhaps you all best prepare yourselves for many more Saturdays with a smaller gate, because I think the days of whim ticket buying are coming to an enforced end.    :(

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 23, 2010, 09:24:55 pm by MrFrost »
If the club do not seriously reduce ticket prices next season then I predict we'll probably be getting the same numbers as Scunny.
having said that, going on sales for Millwallanf Swansea so far lower prices will have no effect on the gate.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 23, 2010, 09:34:26 pm by not on facebook »
shite ticket price>shite attendence>shite atmosphere

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 23, 2010, 09:43:30 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
I witnessed a steward tell a bunch of lads to calm down with the singing Being a big lad I told him he was a miserable t**t. Its no wonder we cannot get any atmoshpere in that place. :(

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 23, 2010, 09:45:49 pm by not on facebook »
thats all you need a steward on 'too much noise polution duty'

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 23, 2010, 09:52:48 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Seriously its as though they are on some bonus to look miserable and make the whole thing unpleasant..I love my club but im getting more peed off every game with the set up at the keep away.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 23, 2010, 09:57:02 pm by MrFrost »
Goldthorpe Rover wrote:
Seriously its as though they are on some bonus to look miserable and make the whole thing unpleasant..I love my club but im getting more peed off every game with the set up at the keep away.

Here here. It's not just the price ita the whole matchday experience. It's crap.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 23, 2010, 10:06:44 pm by BobG »
Can someone tell me what this 'match day experience' is please? I go to the KM to watch a game of footy. To applaud my team when they do something half way decent. To shout occasional abuse at some dirty git on the other side. That's it. What am I missing?

Cheers

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 23, 2010, 10:08:06 pm by hoolahoop »
Stop moaning , round your mates up, tell them to stop making excuses and get your ''singing section'' going..........be pro-active.
As for the matchday experience , it's what you make it for yourself and the group you knock around with. As for me , I still love  matchdays and really couldn't give a toss about what any other team's fora have to say about me and us.
They will snipe at us , only to deflect from their own problems ; as for Rovrum. lol

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 23, 2010, 10:09:40 pm by MrFrost »
The lack of atmospere. Jobsworth stewards. Shite announcer and music. Plastic fans. Starting to get the picture?
The passion that was there at Belle Vue has completely vanished.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 23, 2010, 10:15:49 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Dont you ever walk from an away game thinking wow what a nice set up,well I have but it aint happening at our ground for us or the away fans re their forum threads. end of.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012