Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:12:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Heffernan  (Read 8583 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Heffernan
« on November 02, 2010, 09:39:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Calm down. This isn't take 27 of my lifetime's argument with Cussy.

I'm just fascinated by managers' blind spots with this lad. Seems that O'Driscoll isn't the only one to ignore him when a team is scarcely able to buy a goal.

Wensdeh's scoring record this season is piss poor. Only 4 sides in L1 have scored fewer.

So Irvine goes on Football Heaven tonight and says, \"I won't pick Heffernan because he's not scored a goal at this level all season\". Which is correct of course. As is the fact that the lad has started a total of 1 game.

The Wensdeh fans are not happy on their forum. A season is going down the pan. The manager insists he is right against all the evidence.

It'd never happen here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

I-was-there1976

Re:Heffernan
« Reply #1 on November 02, 2010, 09:45:29 pm by I-was-there1976 »
i know where Heffs lives if ya wanna send him a Xmas card

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 02, 2010, 09:49:38 pm by Filo »
I-was-there1976 wrote:
i know where Heffs lives if ya wanna send him a Xmas card

The Home Dugout at Hillsborough!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 02, 2010, 09:51:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Something us fans often forget - we don't see what happens in training.  Perhaps he's not good in training?

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 02, 2010, 09:54:33 pm by Boyhood dreams »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Something us fans often forget - we don't see what happens in training.  Perhaps he's not good in training?

Surely this is 100% sarcasm at its best?  :laugh:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 02, 2010, 10:10:48 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
It is odd that he can't even get a game at Wednesday. He's turning into a bit of an enigma is Heffernan.

Either he's got a fetish for boning the boss's Mrs, or he's on a hell of an appearance fee bonus.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 02, 2010, 10:45:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Just spoke with a Wensdeh supporting pal, who has just got home after tonight's debacle.  Says Irvine will be gone in the next couple of weeks if their current run continues.  No football, all long ball from the back, and the natives are restless.  Calls to get Heffs on tonight.  My pal says in the flashes he's appeared he is the only one who looks to get the ball down when the CB's ping it at his head, and link play, bring others in.  Thats gone down well with the bacon-smelling faithful.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 02, 2010, 10:48:52 pm by Boyhood dreams »
RobTheRover wrote:
Just spoke with a Wensdeh supporting pal, who has just got home after tonight's debacle.  Says Irvine will be gone in the next couple of weeks if their current run continues.  No football, all long ball from the back, and the natives are restless.  Calls to get Heffs on tonight.  My pal says in the flashes he's appeared he is the only one who looks to get the ball down when the CB's ping it at his head, and link play, bring others in.  Thats gone down well with the bacon-smelling faithful.

True, Irvine will be gone in a couple of weeks, just like their club  :huh:

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 02, 2010, 11:45:16 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
14 days left then the shit hits the fan...still not nice to see a local club going under, Unless it was leeds that is ;)

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 03, 2010, 12:18:40 am by Boyhood dreams »
Well, they wont go under, but we might aswell make them sweat.

And most wendy fans dont care about us as half are from Donny. Most of them are arrogant as hell too, and would love for a small club like us to go under so that they could brag how big they are.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 03, 2010, 12:40:09 am by BobG »
!!!!!

BobG

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 03, 2010, 12:52:25 am by Boyhood dreams »
BobG wrote:
!!!!!

BobG

123abc

Boyhood dreams.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 03, 2010, 10:45:23 am by TheFunk »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:

We all know how good players are who perform in training. :lol:

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 03, 2010, 02:16:38 pm by sham69 »

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 03, 2010, 02:17:56 pm by sham69 »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Well, they wont go under, but we might aswell make them sweat.

And most wendy fans dont care about us as half are from Donny. Most of them are arrogant as hell too, and would love for a small club like us to go under so that they could brag how big they are.

Load of Bollox

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 03, 2010, 03:30:43 pm by wing commander »
Irvine has the safest job in Football,Wednesday cant afford to sack him even if they wanted too..........

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 03, 2010, 09:20:20 pm by BobG »
Is Mr Boyhood Dreams acting his age? Wild and sweeping assertions with no evidence at all to back them up. Juvenile, indeed puerile, abuse. Thin skin. This is a mans forum sonny.

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 03, 2010, 09:41:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
BobG wrote:
Is Mr Boyhood Dreams acting his age?

Well, his avatar suggests someone about 12, so yes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 03, 2010, 09:53:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
BobG wrote:
Is Mr Boyhood Dreams acting his age?

Well, his avatar suggests someone about 12, so yes.

Gi the bairn a break.

He's only pulling somebody's mother up after she's got her hands stuck down a drain cover whilst chasing a tanner that's dropped out of her purse, rolled inexorably across the pavement and fallen into the gutter.

EDIT: Mind. After a detailed analysis of the dimensions of the figures in that avatar, I'm rather disturbed. Firstly, the length of \"Your mum\" from ankle to shoulder appears to be approximately 60% greater than the equivalent length of \"me\". This leads me to the conclusion that, either \"Your Mum\" is 9'4\" tall if \"me\" is of average male adult height, or \"me\" is 3'6\". Neither explanation is particularly attractive.

Secondly, the length of \"Me\"'s arms appear to be approximately 70% of the distance between his shoulders and ankles.

Got it! Boyhood Dreams is a Dingle convert!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 03, 2010, 09:55:55 pm by BobG »
Oh he can shag your Ma if he likes Billy. But representing his own prejudices as fact and then reacting badly when someone politely points that out to him tells me the bloke is a tosser.

BobG

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 03, 2010, 10:00:21 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Wendy fans are arrogant. You prove me wrong!

Boyhood dreams.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 03, 2010, 10:12:43 pm by BobG »
No mate. You're the one making these generalisations. YOU prove that every single Wednesday fan is \"arrogant\". 'Cos that's what you keep on saying. Me? I simply don't believe it.

If you can prove it, I'll kiss your ass for you.

BobG

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 03, 2010, 10:23:34 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BobG wrote:
No mate. You're the one making these generalisations. YOU prove that every single Wednesday fan is \"arrogant\". 'Cos that's what you keep on saying. Me? I simply don't believe it.

If you can prove it, I'll kiss your ass for you.

BobG

You’ve never heard of figure of speech then? Obviously, they will have decent fans, but every Wendy I’ve met has been a knob. That’s what these big clubs usually attract.

Anyway, you prove I'm wrong about the majority of their fans being arrogant, and I'll kiss your ass.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 03, 2010, 10:30:01 pm by BobG »
Nope. It's you making these wild statements. It's up to you to prove 'em or back down. I've got nowt to prove. I've not made any such statements. as for figures of speech, a convenient fallback when you know you're in the wrong. Put up or shut up.

BobG

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 03, 2010, 10:33:00 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BobG wrote:
Nope. It's you making these wild statements. It's up to you to prove 'em or back down. I've got nowt to prove. I've not made any such statements. as for figures of speech, a convenient fallback when you know you're in the wrong. Put up or shut up.

BobG

I will stick with my words unless someone can prove me wrong  :P

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 03, 2010, 10:35:54 pm by RobTheRover »
I know a wensdeh fan, and he went last night.  He's one of the most level headed blokes I've ever met.  Not a hint of arrogance.  He even thinks they deserve to go down again, the way they are playing!

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 03, 2010, 10:43:16 pm by Boyhood dreams »
RobTheRover wrote:
I know a wensdeh fan, and he went last night.  He's one of the most level headed blokes I've ever met.  Not a hint of arrogance.  He even thinks they deserve to go down again, the way they are playing!

I know about 50 Owl fans, all started supporting Wendays in the 90's and none could give a shyte about us even though they are from and living in Doncaster.

For that reason, I couldnt care less if they were wound up as I know they wouldnt care about Donny if we were in that position.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 03, 2010, 10:51:58 pm by BobG »
Cracking Boy! Thanks. You've agree I'm right then and you're wrong. I congratulate you. Very noble.

Cheers

BobG

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 03, 2010, 10:55:31 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BobG wrote:
Cracking Boy! Thanks. You've agree I'm right then and you're wrong. I congratulate you. Very noble.

Cheers

BobG

Prove that I'm wrong and victory is yours until then, I'm right. If I'm not right, why cant you prove me wrong?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 03, 2010, 11:03:48 pm by BobG »
Look lad, the process of debate when someone makes a statement is that they have to defend it when and if the statement is challenged. The onus of proof does not rest with the defence - me. It rests with the prosecution - you. You're the one trying to make us all believe that every single Wednesday fan is arrogant. Unless you prove that statement why should anyone, anyone at all, believe you? You have to prove that your statement is true. If you can't, you have to agree it was wrong. if you won't do that, everyone knows you're just a windbag full of hot air.

I've challenged you to prove your statement. You clearly are unable to do so. But you won't admit it. Instead you continue to defend the indefensible. Therefore, the conclusion is clear: you are a wind bag full of hot air.

Now, go read up about supporters trusts before you make yourself look a dick all over again.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012