Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:52:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Heffernan  (Read 8582 times)

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
Re:Heffernan
« Reply #30 on November 03, 2010, 11:12:25 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BobG wrote:
Look lad, the process of debate when someone makes a statement is that they have to defend it when and if the statement is challenged. The onus of proof does not rest with the defence - me. It rests with the prosecution - you. You're the one trying to make us all believe that every single Wednesday fan is arrogant. Unless you prove that statement why should anyone, anyone at all, believe you? You have to prove that your statement is true. If you can't, you have to agree it was wrong. if you won't do that, everyone knows you're just a windbag full of hot air.

I've challenged you to prove your statement. You clearly are unable to do so. But you won't admit it. Instead you continue to defend the indefensible. Therefore, the conclusion is clear: you are a wind bag full of hot air.

Now, go read up about supporters trusts before you make yourself look a dick all over again.

BobG

Nah. In this life you are innocent until proven guilty. Just look at the justice system. It is upto you to refute and prove me wrong. If you cant, then you cant say I am wrong?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 03, 2010, 11:14:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ up above. Carling has spent the last 18 months bumming giant mothers and has now decided to re-appear on here.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 03, 2010, 11:19:04 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Christ up above. Carling has spent the last 18 months bumming giant mothers and has now decided to re-appear on here.

??? Is this to detract a fellow member losing a argument?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 03, 2010, 11:20:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
BobG wrote:
Look lad, the process of debate when someone makes a statement is that they have to defend it when and if the statement is challenged. The onus of proof does not rest with the defence - me. It rests with the prosecution - you. You're the one trying to make us all believe that every single Wednesday fan is arrogant. Unless you prove that statement why should anyone, anyone at all, believe you? You have to prove that your statement is true. If you can't, you have to agree it was wrong. if you won't do that, everyone knows you're just a windbag full of hot air.

I've challenged you to prove your statement. You clearly are unable to do so. But you won't admit it. Instead you continue to defend the indefensible. Therefore, the conclusion is clear: you are a wind bag full of hot air.

Now, go read up about supporters trusts before you make yourself look a dick all over again.

BobG

Nah. In this life you are innocent until proven guilty. Just look at the justice system. It is upto you to refute and prove me wrong. If you cant, then you cant say I am wrong?

One assumes you never encountered The Logic of The Miners Welfare?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 03, 2010, 11:23:12 pm by Filo »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
BobG wrote:

BobG

Does that statement apply to all the Wenesday fans you say are arrogant?  ;)

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 03, 2010, 11:23:52 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
BobG wrote:

BobG

Stop being a extremist and a inner circle maffia...I'l suck yours MR Bob G if you suck mine  :blink:

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 03, 2010, 11:27:53 pm by roversam »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
BobG wrote:

BobG

Stop being a extremist and a inner circle maffia...I'l suck yours MR Bob G if you suck mine  :blink:
:lol: boyhood dreams, are you carling in disguise  :unsure:

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 03, 2010, 11:31:34 pm by donnyjay »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Wendy fans are arrogant.

I reckon most people, not just Wednesday fans, will have a feeling of superiority when they're in your company.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 03, 2010, 11:37:00 pm by Boyhood dreams »
donnyjay wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Wendy fans are arrogant.

I reckon most people, not just Wednesday fans, will have a feeling of superiority when they're in your company.

You still got a teabag as avatar living on someones joke.

Inferior.......

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 03, 2010, 11:43:03 pm by BobG »
donnyjay wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Wendy fans are arrogant.

Absolutely belting DJ!!! I'm laughing more right now than I have in the last 3 months. Just perfect. I'm going to have to remember that one. What a staggeringly  beautiful put down.

BobG

PS. Later. I've just got to say it. I've just read yours again DJ. And I'm wetting myself all over again. :) It's almost Churchillian. It is just immensely good! Best thing on here this month. Well, last month actually.

BobG - again

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 03, 2010, 11:44:54 pm by Boyhood dreams »
BobG wrote:
donnyjay wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Wendy fans are arrogant.

Absolutely belting DJ!!! I'm laughing more right now than I have in the last 3 months. Just perfect. I'm going to have to remember that one. What a staggeringly  beautiful put down.

BobG

Yes, well, if you dont laugh, you cry...bob

VikingJames

« Reply #41 on November 03, 2010, 11:46:27 pm by VikingJames »
BobG wrote:
donnyjay wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Wendy fans are arrogant.

BobG

No surprise it appeals to you, with the amount of looking down on people you do on this forum.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 03, 2010, 11:50:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Boyhood dreams is an utter t**t. Fact.

And I stand by my words until someone proves me wrong.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 03, 2010, 11:51:58 pm by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 03, 2010, 11:53:19 pm by roversam »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Careful GW, you'll have Bob wetting himself at that post.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 03, 2010, 11:54:40 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Thats the thing, you cant. Thats why you get little gangs sticking up for each other on forums.

It doesnt make the VSC maffia correct.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 03, 2010, 11:56:02 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Thats the thing, you cant. Thats why you get little gangs sticking up for each other on forums.

I can't what?

I said proves me wrong, not underlines it.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 03, 2010, 11:57:27 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

I can't what?

I said proves me wrong, not underlines it.

I'm not in the maffia, so I must be wrong...sorry.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 03, 2010, 11:59:42 pm by BRMC_rover »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Tbf, you haven't helped by choosing a non-football, irrelevant avator. As soon as I looked at it I assumed you were a t**t before reading your first post on here.

Welcome to the forum anyway. Im sure you'l win these gatekeepers over.  :P

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 04, 2010, 12:00:44 am by BobG »
Can't help actually being superior mate. Born that way.

BobG

PS. That was meant as a sort of joke. Doesn't look like one though does it? Sorry. And IO'm sorry too about looking superior. I know it comes across that way soemtimes. I don't mean it to. What irritates me is the inability of some folk to see the obvious weakness in taking a position. A moment's thought and you can make exactly the same point weithout leaving yourself open to any git like me to challenge it. Gits like me are everywhere. At work. At college. Everywhere. So to get past them as you move through life, you have to work out how to not encourage  them into thinking you're daft? That you can't use your brain? Put the statement into a form they can't object to. Then they think 'Clever fellow. He's made a good point there'. Must look out for him'.

I know I've been a bit extreme to poor old Boyhood Dreams. I'm trying to help him see that he could make a damn good argument if only he'd stop to think for a few seconds before putting it down on paper. I actually agree with him that a lot of Wednesday supporters couldn't give a toss about us. But then, I also happen to think that supporters of every club, no matter how big or small they are, including us, are arrogant about their clubs' in comparison to every other club. (There are occasional exceptions of course: AFC Wimbledon, Utd of M are obvious ones).

So re-stating the argument would be a real good move in this case. Something like 'Many (A lot. A significant porportion. etc etc) Wednsdeh supporters couldn't give a stuff about Rovers' would get universal acclaim.

OK. BD: I'll shut up. Have fun.

BobG

VikingJames

« Reply #50 on November 04, 2010, 12:03:56 am by VikingJames »
BobG wrote:
Can't help actually being superior mate. Born that way.

BobG

PS. That was meant as a sort of joke. Doesn't look like one though does it? Sorry. And IO'm sorry too about looking superior. I know it comes across that way soemtimes. I don't mean it to. What irritates me is the inability of some folk to see the obvious weakness in taking a position. A moment's thought and you can make exactly the same point weithout leaving yourself open to any git like me to challenge it. Gits like me are everywhere. At work. At college. Everywhere. So to get past them as you move through life, you have to work out how to not encourage  them into thinking you're daft? That you can't use your brain? Put the statement into a form they can't object to. Then they think 'Clever fellow. He's made a good point there'. Must look out for him'.

I know I've been a bit extreme to poor old Boyhood Dreams. I'm trying to help him see that he could make a damn good argument if only he'd stop to think for a few seconds before putting it down on paper. I actually agree with him that a lot of Wednesday supporters couldn't give a toss about us. But then, I also happen to think that supporters of every club, no matter how big or small they are, including us, are arrogant about their clubs' in comparison to every other club. (There are occasional exceptions of course: AFC Wimbledon, Utd of M are obvious ones).

So re-stating the argument would be a real good move in this case. Something like 'Many (A lot. A significant porportion. etc etc) Wednsdeh supporters couldn't give a stuff about Rovers' would get universal acclaim.

OK. BD: I'll shut up. Have fun.

BobG

How patronising.

Sort of proves that you really do think you're better than everybody else.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 04, 2010, 12:06:03 am by BobG »
roversam wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Too bloody right Sam!!! The towel is soaking! Two such bon mots in one thread. What a night!!!! Glyn: that is absolutly on a par with DJ's. And I would never have expected, not in a million years, to have read two such on one night.

Thanks both of you. That's made my night.

BobG

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 04, 2010, 12:09:13 am by Boyhood dreams »
BRMC_rover wrote:
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Tbf, you haven't helped by choosing a non-football, irrelevant avator. As soon as I looked at it I assumed you were a t**t before reading your first post on here.

Welcome to the forum anyway. Im sure you'l win these gatekeepers over.  :P

The avatar was just a joke. Ive changed it now if it has caused upset!

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 04, 2010, 12:12:41 am by donnyjay »
BobG wrote:
roversam wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Too bloody right Sam!!! The towel is soaking! Two such bon mots in one thread. What a night!!!! Glyn: that is absolutly on a par with DJ's. And I would never have expected, not in a million years, to have read two such on one night.

Thanks both of you. That's made my night.

BobG

I think you should thank BD as well, for the inspiration. ;)

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 04, 2010, 12:16:53 am by BRMC_rover »
I doubt it upset anyone. Certainly not me, just makes for an instant assumption of what kind of person you are. I share your feeling on some Wendy's btw, not all. Tends to be the ones between 19-26 that were made to support them through family etc and only ever tasted the sweet of the Prem and know of nothing else. The ones I went to school with, born in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, yet laughed at my Saturday afternoon activity of watching DRFC at home to Northwich Victoria, or away to Stalybridge Celtic.

Alot of Wendy's are ok though.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 04, 2010, 12:27:37 am by Boyhood dreams »
BRMC_rover wrote:
I doubt it upset anyone. Certainly not me, just makes for an instant assumption of what kind of person you are. I share your feeling on some Wendy's btw, not all. Tends to be the ones between 19-26 that were made to support them through family etc and only ever tasted the sweet of the Prem and know of nothing else. The ones I went to school with, born in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, yet laughed at my Saturday afternoon activity of watching DRFC at home to Northwich Victoria, or away to Stalybridge Celtic.

Alot of Wendy's are ok though.

I think youve hit the nail on the head. I'm in that age bracket and all the wenday fans I know are complete arses. Ive been to Hillsborough a few times though, and a lot of them come across as ignorant. Like when they were chosing a team to support they looked for the biggest closest club so they could bust their ego.

All wendies will tell you how big they are...so they are arrogant. They also say they will over take us, probably true, but arrogant.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 04, 2010, 12:41:28 am by Boyhood dreams »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 04, 2010, 09:47:42 pm by Al4475 »
WTF has this 'discussion' really got to do with Heffernan? :P

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 04, 2010, 10:13:57 pm by RobTheRover »
I believe he plays for a little club called Sheffield Wensdeh.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 04, 2010, 10:20:26 pm by Al4475 »
Really? Blimey - I'd read so much sh!te and bickering on here over the last two pages I'd forgotten what the thread was actually about! Cheers for putting me back on track RTR! :laugh:  :P  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012