Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 10:51:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets hear your snow reports then ?  (Read 27690 times)

donnywhitegaz

• Forum Member
Lets hear your snow reports then ?
« on November 30, 2010, 09:32:38 pm by donnywhitegaz »
woodlands and its about 3-5 inch on paths and side roads,main road through a638 is white over and a couple of inch deep ,and its still coming down at some rate  :ohmy:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:Lets hear your snow reports then ?
« Reply #1 on November 30, 2010, 09:34:17 pm by Filo »
Stainy 6-8 inches and still blizzard conditions!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 30, 2010, 09:34:47 pm by Superspy »
couple of miles towards town from you, scawsby, just as bad, we've been for a wander down to the shop for vital supplies...such as doritos and a salsa dip :D

i tried dropping dad in the snow...but apparently i still have a lot to learn...he put me down 5 times on the trot....i gave up :(

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 30, 2010, 09:43:16 pm by jucyberry »
Way to go Dad...lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2010, 09:44:48 pm by Filo »
Filo wrote:
Stainy 6-8 inches and still blizzard conditions!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2010, 09:52:53 pm by BobG »
Almost sod all here in North Gloucs. Enough to make it look pretty but nowhere near enough even to cause a moment's concern on the roads. Warmer today han recently, but got a lot colder this arvo. No sign of any more white stuff yet. If it does, I want at least 3 feet. That'd change the daily dynamics just nicely that would.

BobG

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2010, 09:56:10 pm by gillinghamrover »
Gillingham is pretty frozen. About 5cm of the white stuff(snow that is!). On a more positive note me garden path is now clear and I`ve got to walk to work in the morn! :cry:

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 30, 2010, 10:08:07 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »

About 8-10 inches at least over here on the hills above Huddersfield. Still snowing too.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 30, 2010, 10:17:56 pm by CJK »
5-6 inches in Lincoln. All roads in the city gridlocked still and have been since 15.00. Never seen anything like it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 30, 2010, 10:18:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
My back yard in Bentley

Mark DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 30, 2010, 10:25:28 pm by Mark DRFC »
im due to start work at B&Q at 8am, if it keeps up like this i doubt ill be able to get off my street in sprotbrough to get there in the morning its bout 5inch here at the min.

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 30, 2010, 10:26:46 pm by ReadingViking »
Bugger all in Reading - light dusting this morning but thats already gone.  Bloody cold though.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 30, 2010, 10:30:04 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
About 8-10 inches at least over here on the hills above Huddersfield. Still snowing too.

Where abouts in Hudds are you?

I'd give it 6 inches max here in Kirkburton/Shelley. Mind you, the snow that's still falling is getting heavier, so god knows how bad it'll be in the morning.

I'm in Shepley at the moment Rigo, so just up the road from you. I actually just took a tape measure outside to measure the stuff. Sad or what.
8 and a bit inches on the shed roof. You got a shovel mate? I may need digging out tomorrow?  :laugh:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 30, 2010, 10:30:33 pm by BobG »
Just stuck my head out of the door here for a look see. Still bugger all. So you'll not get any for a while yet Reading assuming it's coming from the west?

Bet Liedschendam is bloody freezing! One cold country that is when the weather is off.

BobG

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 30, 2010, 10:46:34 pm by Superspy »
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:

Where abouts in Hudds are you?

I'd give it 6 inches max here in Kirkburton/Shelley. Mind you, the snow that's still falling is getting heavier, so god knows how bad it'll be in the morning.

I'm in Shepley at the moment Rigo, so just up the road from you. I actually just took a tape measure outside to measure the stuff. Sad or what.
8 and a bit inches on the shed roof. You got a shovel mate? I may need digging out tomorrow?  :laugh:

lol, dont worrya bout it mate, i've done the same, even been using my index finger to gauge it...1 finger length has fallen on my car roof in the last 2 and a half hours...about 3 inches  :laugh:

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 30, 2010, 10:57:10 pm by not on facebook »
its far too cold for it to seriously snow out here at the moment.

about a inch on the deck,which is covering up shear ice.mare to walk on.
but when the temp picks up then it will snow i tell yers,to extent people
will put a cover over their cars in the street and use public transport
when snow ploughs are out.

cdrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 30, 2010, 10:59:17 pm by cdrover »
Left Kirk Sandall 9.30pm (about 6 inches of snow) to get to Thorne. Canal bridge closed at Thorne (Oh joy). Turned round to get on M180 about a foot of standing snow between a few tyre tracks. Onto M18 and a little worse on there. Snow untouched on my street and got stuck trying to get onto the drive. Managed to get up onto the drive after a few attempts. Id say about a foot of snow stood here and still snowing. Very dangerous out there. Be careful if you have to go out anytime soon or in the morning.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 30, 2010, 11:16:31 pm by MrFrost »
My mate works in a call centre in Rotherham./ Its took him 3 hours to get home tonight. He has had a phone call from his boss this evening telling him he MUST be on time tomorrow at 9am or face action.
Surely that isn't right?

nutwellrover of dublin

« Reply #18 on November 30, 2010, 11:28:25 pm by nutwellrover of dublin »
poofs snowed here since saturday, and had to push every car/van on to site every morning, cant park off site due to the amount of abandoned cars around three rock Dublin

Bristol Red Rover Jnr.

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 30, 2010, 11:33:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover Jnr. »
zero snow.  :(

MartinB

« Reply #20 on November 30, 2010, 11:34:04 pm by MartinB »
Not much snow here at all today, and that will have melted/turned into slush by morning. :)

And I live in Canada!

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 30, 2010, 11:40:25 pm by donnyproletarian »
So bad on A1 last night i was doing 20mph and was driving on the hard shoulder and didnt know.Couldnt see more than 5 inch in frontof me .Shit myself all the way home.Sod work tomorow if its bad again.No wage is worth risking your and others lifes.If they want me in they can lead by example and come and pigk me up.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 30, 2010, 11:55:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's getting on for about 6 to 10 inches in some places here in Balby and it's just started pelting down again.

At least it's wet snow, so should be able to get moving in the morning providing I can get off the estate ! Otherwise might be walking !!

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 01, 2010, 12:06:57 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
bout 10inc to a foot in my front n back garden in skellow !!!!!!!!!! im ment to be at work tonight but im not risking it A1 is ment to be shut because of a crash anyway !!!!!!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 01, 2010, 12:35:37 am by silent majority »
My daughter has just spent the last 6 hours on the M1 going nowhere, poor lass, very upset and the Police a waste of time. Had a 12 hour journey from the south of England tonight and still not home yet. Police closing the M1 at Bolsover but no further advice on what to do and where to go so we're doing our best on phone and t'internet!

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 01, 2010, 12:41:27 am by Drover »
Well,I have just been woken by a rumble on my roof and have looked out my stairs window to see a avalanche has dropped onto downstairs extension.Went down to check for any damage and when I opened back door to look we now have 22\"-24\" of snow!(without the snowslide)I kid you not.This is in Bircotes.No wonder calendar picked nearby Tickhill to do a weather forecast from today,it must have one of the highest snowfalls today.I now believe this is the most snow I have seen in my lifetime,only beaten by my dads old pictures of deep snow in his garden from the 60's.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 01, 2010, 01:10:14 am by MrFrost »
Snow has stopped now and latest report on Sky is that no more should fall tonight. Hopefully roads will be clearer in the morning.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 01, 2010, 01:26:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Don't talk to me about 'kin snow.

Flying back from a business meeting tonight. Just about to start final approach to Manc Airport when Captain cones on and says, \"airport just closed due to snow. We're in the stack until they clear the runway. \"

30 mins in the stack and he says, \"We're running out of fuel - we're diverting to Birmingham to refuel.\"

Wait an hour at Brum to be refuelled.

By this time, the wings have iced up.

All in all, having been due back at Manchester at 2200, we're still sat on the Tarmac at Bru
at 0130.

If I find you're on this plane Frost, I'll have your knackers for conkers.

Edit:

Well, as shit experiences go, I'd put flying back to England on a par with spending a fortnight in a single bed with Kevin Blackwell and a sack of monkey spunk.

Finally touched down at Manc 4 hours late. Then waited 60 minutes on the apron while they found a snowplough to clear the stand.

Got off the plane expecting to be fighting through blizzards with Captain Scott. Turns out there is exactly 1cm of snow.

fcuking England eh?

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 01, 2010, 05:00:48 am by jmt »
Just cleared my shop front in balby, about 8inch of the stuff, and it's started again, I've not seen snow like this scince the mid 80's!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 01, 2010, 06:37:55 am by Filo »
Not a chance I`m going out in that today! I`ve just had a walk to the top of the street to see what the main road is like, you can`t see where the road is, snow depth is halfway between my ankles and my knees

TinyPortal © 2005-2012