Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 10:08:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: derby game OFF  (Read 6575 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
derby game OFF
« on December 26, 2010, 01:13:51 pm by donnyroversfc »
Game be postponed due to powercut :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NigelJ

• VSC Member

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re:derby game OFF
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2010, 01:17:57 pm by bobbymax »
Tinpot clubs and their cut-price generators! :angry:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2010, 01:20:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You'd think wi them charging 31 quid a chuck that they'd becable to find 10 bob for the meter.

I don't know why we put up with these pub teams.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #4 on December 26, 2010, 01:20:52 pm by I-was-there1976 »
it might be the alcohol but ive just had a little giggle

Football fans get kicked in the nuts again. On top of charging £31.lol.

Im guessing they ll be a few furious footy fans on here in a couple of hours.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 26, 2010, 01:20:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's incredible. Feel sorry for all those who forked out £31 and who have probably set off by now all excited about the game.

Assuming be now a midweek game. They should refund at least a fiver for all those wanting to go to the re-arranged game.

Greedy Tw*ts

northbayviking

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 26, 2010, 01:21:13 pm by northbayviking »
NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!
NO POWER CHAMPIONSHIP :blush:

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 26, 2010, 01:32:55 pm by gillinghamrover »
Thats some serious electrical fault if it can`t be sorted in over 24 hrs! Been a bit cynical here, but are Derby affected by a lot of injuries/bans at the moment? ;)

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 26, 2010, 01:37:13 pm by pkt_drfc »
Well Savage is banned and i think Commons was having a late fitness test

snods big brother

« Reply #9 on December 26, 2010, 01:37:57 pm by snods big brother »
Its not just the 31 quid that they have been stiffed for - those that have set off are now stuck with the travel bill as well - gets better doesn't it!

Question is when did this power problem crop up and if it has been a while then why did they not call it off sooner to stop people travelling and wasting more money at this time of year?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 26, 2010, 01:45:04 pm by Dagenham Rover »
snods big brother wrote:
Its not just the 31 quid that they have been stiffed for - those that have set off are now stuck with the travel bill as well - gets better doesn't it!

Question is when did this power problem crop up and if it has been a while then why did they not call it off sooner to stop people travelling and wasting more money at this time of year?

According to there official site yesterday morning ...over 24 hours ago.hope they get fined by the FA

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 26, 2010, 01:59:58 pm by NigelJ »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
snods big brother wrote:

According to there official site yesterday morning ...over 24 hours ago.hope they get fined by the FA

Either you didn't read the full article, or your deliberately being mischievous. Derby acquired a back-up generator, which should have solved the problem. However, their final statement is vague, in that they were then 'hit with a further problem' which meant the game was called off.

Was the further problem power-related I wonder?  :S

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 26, 2010, 02:03:51 pm by Filo »
No official mention or warning that the game was in doubt to prevent the Rovers fans from travelling, a rumour surfaced on a Derby message board at 10-45am that the game was in doubt, no word from Derby until it was called off at 1-15pm. Savage is on 606 tonight, phone in and give him grief over it!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 26, 2010, 02:07:41 pm by Filo »
NigelJ wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
snods big brother wrote:

Either you didn't read the full article, or your deliberately being mischievous. Derby acquired a back-up generator, which should have solved the problem. However, their final statement is vague, in that they were then 'hit with a further problem' which meant the game was called off.

After acquiring a back up generator, would n`t it be a wise think to do a test of the whole stadium, obviously there`s something underlying that is causing the problem, to make generators fail at least 3 times according to Radio Sheffield, poor maintenance procedures if you ask me!

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 26, 2010, 02:19:19 pm by Albert Trousers »
Just got back in boozer in Donny, luckily we had radio Sheff on in the car otherwise we would have turned up at ground instead of hearing about it on M1, feel for those who made it further.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 26, 2010, 02:24:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I hope they've lost thousands of pounds due to this. And even more when Rovers fans claim their refunds.

How long will it take for these clubs to learn that they will not prosper by continuing to rip fans off.

Get the prices down or die !

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 26, 2010, 02:25:30 pm by Dagenham Rover »
NigelJ wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
snods big brother wrote:

I read the whole article and am not being mischievous The original problem was yesterday morning so they get a generator in  and you would imagine proper tests would have been carried out then they were hit with  a \"further\" problem boxing day morning\" and a further problem around lunchtime.
The biggest issue now according to Derby's latest statement  is the possibility of the floodlights not lasting the whole game....sorry mate it stinks

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 26, 2010, 02:25:36 pm by MiKA »
Just got back, was only 20 minutes away from Derby when we heard it announced on Radio Derby, the biggest joke was listening in to Trax FM when we was nearly home and they made no mention of it at all in their sports news.

................ well pissed off now     :angry:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 26, 2010, 02:58:36 pm by The Red Baron »
I've just got back home after a wasted trip to Derby. Weststander (who wasn't planning to attend the game) kindly sent me a text about noon to say he'd read on the forum of a potential problem with the power at the ground. However, he'd also checked the Derby site and there was no mention of the game being in doubt.

When I got there the game still seemed to be on, so I parked up (paying £5 for the privilege) and walked down to the ground. The first inkling I had that something might be wrong was when I saw 20-odd stewards walking to the car park behind the away end. Then a couple of Derby fans drove past in the car, stopped and wound the window down to tell me it was off.

As I arrived in the area just before 1pm and was walking to the ground just after, it is clear that the decision was made at 1pm. I can understand the decision to call the game off, but I can't understand why there was no warning on their official site that the game was at risk of being called off. Being cynical, I wonder if they thought such an announcement might affect the crowd if the game did go ahead!

Needless to say the people collecting the money for the car parking were nowhere to be seen when I got back. Perhaps we should rename Derby \"Rip-Off City\" and Pride Park \"Shame Park.\"

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 26, 2010, 03:06:51 pm by The Red Baron »
This was posted on the Derby forum by some chap who'd come up from Bristol:

I am seriously pissed off with the club right now.

We have driven up from Bristol for this game, and we were about half-an-hour away when they cancelled it.

It's not so much that the game has been cancelled... these things happen.

What has annoyed me so much is that there was NOTHING on the official site until 1.15pm... despite their statement saying that there had been a problem since yesterday morning.

I've phoned the club, and they said, \"well it's been on Radio Derby\". But oddly enough, we don't listen to that in Bristol.

Once again, the club have put money before the fans.

I tried listening to Radio Derby after Wesstander tipped me off but after spending ten minutes listening to some dopey bird banging on about the \"Highlights of 2010\" (including the Borrowash Junior Swimming Gala or some such event) I went back to Five Live. I suspect it came on Radio Derby at 1pm.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 26, 2010, 03:12:41 pm by mushRTID »
Just got back after my late decision to go.

We were in the Harvester pub over the road from Pride Park My burger had just arrived at the table when I found out.

So pissed off, I was going to pay on the day but they can f**k right off if they expect to get my £34 now.

You cant stop people from going obviously but if everyone claimed and nobody went to the rearranged game, it would be just what they deserve.

Gutted, what a waste of time and money.

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 26, 2010, 03:31:27 pm by kittyslass »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
NigelJ wrote:
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
snods big brother wrote:

I read the whole article and am not being mischievous The original problem was yesterday morning so they get a generator in  and you would imagine proper tests would have been carried out then they were hit with  a \"further\" problem boxing day morning\" and a further problem around lunchtime.
The biggest issue now according to Derby's latest statement  is the possibility of the floodlights not lasting the whole game....sorry mate it stinks

We listened to radio Derby after getting to the ground and their chief exec - some yankie bloke - said they \"didn't think\" that the \"huge\" generator outside the ground could sustain the floodlights as well as all other electrics and this is why the match was called off. 130 mile round trip for a McDonalds meal! Gutted to say the least!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 26, 2010, 03:31:36 pm by mushRTID »
Just read the 2 statements on their website.

Not even an apology for us.

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 26, 2010, 03:37:15 pm by DN5Rover »
All the buses pulled in an we were allowed to head towards the local hostelries luckily we got sent back to the buses by a programme seller. I was lucky enough to see the F in generator . What a farce the generator they had in place was no where near big enough to run all the facilities plus flood lights.
Well pissed off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 26, 2010, 03:37:34 pm by Filo »
mushRTID wrote:
Just read the 2 statements on their website.

Not even an apology for us.

Don`t you dare issue an apology for not going to the ticket office first before going for a burger :laugh:

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #25 on December 26, 2010, 03:39:43 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Thirty four quid and they couldnt even chuck a few bags of salt out to make the paths safe. Didn't pay it but local firms wanted six quid to park on an un tarmaced ice rink for 2hours as well.football deserves the same economics pain every one else is facing.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 26, 2010, 03:53:42 pm by Dagenham Rover »
kittyslass wrote:

We listened to radio Derby after getting to the ground and their chief exec - some yankie bloke - said they \"didn't think\" that the \"huge\" generator outside the ground could sustain the floodlights as well as all other electrics and this is why the match was called off. 130 mile round trip for a McDonalds meal! Gutted to say the least!

The generator was obviously well tested after the initial failure............did Commons fail that late fitness test as well as Robbie being banned  :laugh:

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 26, 2010, 04:29:57 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Same here Kittyslass.
200 mile round trip from Harrogate for a sodding Macdonalds.

And I'd put £3 into the car park machine :angry:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 26, 2010, 04:50:46 pm by RedJ »
What an absolute joke. Unbelievably irritated. Wasted journey, wasted cash. Why did they even install those turnstiles? Can't believe it. They didn't even bother to notify Real or Trax, which we'd been scanning all bloody morning! Ugh! Is it true it's rescheduled for a Tuesday?...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 26, 2010, 05:12:57 pm by RedJ »
Yay(!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012