Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 08:05:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FM2011 as Rovers  (Read 46331 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: FM2011 as Rovers
« Reply #360 on July 12, 2011, 07:33:10 pm by RedJ »
I'll find one and PM you it JD :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #361 on July 12, 2011, 10:34:03 pm by Buzzberry »
2023 Won the Prem and Champs League with DRFC, stay out of debt and play friendlies away at rich teams every other day to get a bigger budget, but keep playing the reserves and youth in the friendlies to keep players fresh B) :rtid: :side:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #362 on July 12, 2011, 10:37:53 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Buzzberry\" post=167461
2023 Won the Prem and Champs League with DRFC, stay out of debt and play friendlies away at rich teams every other day to get a bigger budget, but keep playing the reserves and youth in the friendlies to keep players fresh B) :rtid: :side:

Wow, does that really work? Sounds like a plan.. must try it some time.

herouk87

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on July 13, 2011, 09:51:32 am by herouk87 »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=167463

Yeah it does, I used to have my preseasons away everywhere to get a few mill in the bank. Gotta wonder how much you spend on Wages buzz if the champs league doesn't keep you out of debt?

Update: Started the 2016 season. Won the Charity Shield and Euro Super cup against Man Utd (they won the UEFA cup last year and got knocked out the Champs League by Celtic this year). Got rid of a few fringe players and brought in Ribery, Gignac and Jerome Boetang all on frees :) Also got 4 new youth players including a 6'8 center back (15 years old) and a French keeper who is 14...it's like a creche

Also sent Leigh Griffiths out on loan to Newcastle. They've paid £1.2m for the loan and another £3 to make it permanent. Not bad for a 300k player

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #364 on July 13, 2011, 10:11:06 am by MrFrost »
I don't know where to go now.
Losing in the play offs seems to have ruined things for the following season.

I think I have limited myself with not playing with a large database as well.

Don't really want to do a restart.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #365 on July 13, 2011, 10:53:31 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"herouk87\" post=167489
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=167463

Yeah it does, I used to have my preseasons away everywhere to get a few mill in the bank. Gotta wonder how much you spend on Wages buzz if the champs league doesn't keep you out of debt?

Update: Started the 2016 season. Won the Charity Shield and Euro Super cup against Man Utd (they won the UEFA cup last year and got knocked out the Champs League by Celtic this year). Got rid of a few fringe players and brought in Ribery, Gignac and Jerome Boetang all on frees :) Also got 4 new youth players including a 6'8 center back (15 years old) and a French keeper who is 14...it's like a creche

Also sent Leigh Griffiths out on loan to Newcastle. They've paid £1.2m for the loan and another £3 to make it permanent. Not bad for a 300k player

Knocked out by Celtic? :laugh: and like a creche? :laugh: building for the future then :P reckon you'll have a side on par with Fergie's fledglings? :P

Good move shipping him out, especially for such a high fee.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #366 on July 13, 2011, 10:54:09 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=167492

I usually get pissed off and start again if I don't go up :laugh:

herouk87

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on July 16, 2011, 07:42:59 am by herouk87 »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=167497

haha thats the spirit.

I'm having a few difficulties with my Rovers save.

Started the season well...progressing in all comps and haven't lost yet (only conceded about 5 goals in ten games) but i've got an injury crisis on my hands. 4 out of my 5 recognised strikers (Dzeko, Nava, Gignac, genned player) are all injured as is my best youth striker. Wishing i could bring Leigh Griffiths back but since Newcastle paid a fee for his loan i can't. I also sold an ok prospect to them who could have played.

I've got to make do with putting Ribery on Dzagoev up front for now. Shame i've got Man City next

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #368 on July 16, 2011, 08:00:32 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"herouk87\" post=168118
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=167497

haha thats the spirit.

I'm having a few difficulties with my Rovers save.

Started the season well...progressing in all comps and haven't lost yet (only conceded about 5 goals in ten games) but i've got an injury crisis on my hands. 4 out of my 5 recognised strikers (Dzeko, Nava, Gignac, genned player) are all injured as is my best youth striker. Wishing i could bring Leigh Griffiths back but since Newcastle paid a fee for his loan i can't. I also sold an ok prospect to them who could have played.

I've got to make do with putting Ribery on Dzagoev up front for now. Shame i've got Man City next

Spent 5 minutes laughing at this :laugh:

Could you not forge a new formation out of what you've got? & maybe have Ribery be trained up in the striker position to help you out with that?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on July 16, 2011, 03:26:44 pm by DonnyNoel »
Well after getting bored of my all conquering game I've downloaded an unofficial update and about to start a new game with the new signings. Could be tough though, media prediction 22nd!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on July 16, 2011, 03:27:56 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=168207
Well after getting bored of my all conquering game I've downloaded an unofficial update and about to start a new game with the new signings. Could be tough though, media prediction 22nd!

What's different about the update? is it the summer signings included? maybe a daft question :laugh:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #371 on July 16, 2011, 03:40:46 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=168210

What's different about the update? is it the summer signings included? maybe a daft question :laugh:

Yeh its a fully updated database for how things are now although the season still starts in 2010. All promotions and relegations are done (Brighton in the NPC etc) and we have Bennett, Spurr, Keegan, Brown, Naylor etc.

Only problem is somehow the person doing the database seems to have completely deleted Brian Stock from the game!!! So not sure I even want to continue with it already! I might do though, seeing as I play a 442 and have loads of CMs I might give it a go, just a shame as Stocky is usually worth a couple of million at least.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #372 on July 16, 2011, 03:41:54 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=168218

Yeh its a fully updated database for how things are now although the season still starts in 2010. All promotions and relegations are done (Brighton in the NPC etc) and we have Bennett, Spurr, Keegan, Brown, Naylor etc.

Only problem is somehow the person doing the database seems to have completely deleted Brian Stock from the game!!! So not sure I even want to continue with it already! I might do though, seeing as I play a 442 and have loads of CMs I might give it a go, just a shame as Stocky is usually worth a couple of million at least.

Why not just create him?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on July 16, 2011, 04:09:03 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=168219
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=168218

Why not just create him?

Wasn't totally sure how to do that so think I will just crack on with it. I've signed Marcel Seip (Dutch DC), Delron Buckley (South African AML/ST) and offered contracts to pretty much every unnattached goalkeeper!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #374 on July 16, 2011, 04:14:58 pm by RedJ »
Any chance of the link pal? Oh, and another one to look out for is Bobson, a Dutch (I think he is anyway) left winger. Gem.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #375 on July 16, 2011, 04:27:28 pm by DonnyNoel »
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5146

Cheers, I'll look out for him. Signed Iain Turner on a free! :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #376 on July 16, 2011, 04:28:53 pm by RedJ »
Cheers :) and is that on this update, Turner on free? I might make Stock if I can be arsed :laugh:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on July 16, 2011, 04:39:39 pm by DonnyNoel »
Yes he is (albeit for 5k p/w!), as is Jason Brown, Seip and your man Bobson was just offered to me on a free by his agent but can't really afford his wages!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #378 on July 16, 2011, 04:42:15 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=168252
Yes he is (albeit for 5k p/w!), as is Jason Brown, Seip and your man Bobson was just offered to me on a free by his agent but can't really afford his wages!

Oooh :) good!

And I'd do everything I could to get him in, he's great. Maybe offer him a trial for a month to get some cash in?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #379 on July 16, 2011, 06:07:20 pm by MrFrost »
Just gone to load up my game and it isn't there.
Gone completely.

Any ideas...................?!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #380 on July 16, 2011, 06:11:35 pm by RedJ »
I'm afraid it's corrupted the save. Have you got your settings to save more than one copy (i.e. a few different files with the same name but a number next to them)? Cos this'll load the game but a little earlier than your last save, otherwise you'll have to start from scratch. Very frustrating, I know..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #381 on July 16, 2011, 07:22:24 pm by MrFrost »
Found the save. It had been moved to a different folder. God knows how.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #382 on July 16, 2011, 07:25:07 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=168297
Found the save. It had been moved to a different folder. God knows how.

:laugh: t'wonders of technology, eh? :P

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #383 on July 17, 2011, 03:14:12 pm by DonnyNoel »
Well I finshed my first season an incredible 9th. The only problem with an updated databse is it doesnt really account for changing players ability, so West Ham and Blackpool walked away with the promotion spots, and Swansea and QPR came straight back down as their players hadn't been made better.

My succes was built on 3 cracking defensive signings (Turner, Seip, Hubica) and the 26 league goals of a certain Billy Sharp. Bennett's stats hadn't been adjusted so he was out on loan all season and Brown and Naylor weren't up to much so let them go along with Keegan and Locky.

Got a fair bit of cash to spend this close season so hoping to build a promotion charge over the next couple of seasons.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #384 on July 17, 2011, 03:26:39 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=168398
Well I finshed my first season an incredible 9th. The only problem with an updated databse is it doesnt really account for changing players ability, so West Ham and Blackpool walked away with the promotion spots, and Swansea and QPR came straight back down as their players hadn't been made better.

My succes was built on 3 cracking defensive signings (Turner, Seip, Hubica) and the 26 league goals of a certain Billy Sharp. Bennett's stats hadn't been adjusted so he was out on loan all season and Brown and Naylor weren't up to much so let them go along with Keegan and Locky.

Got a fair bit of cash to spend this close season so hoping to build a promotion charge over the next couple of seasons.

That's the thing with custom DBs. Had a look, didn't really like it :laugh: too hard for me :(

If you can do that well with a DB that hard, then that's very well done indeed.

herouk87

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on July 17, 2011, 03:41:02 pm by herouk87 »
Thats good work...I'd take 9th for us in real life this season..

I'd also take a fair bit of cash to spend

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #386 on July 17, 2011, 03:42:05 pm by RedJ »
I've got a really good save going that I'll type up when I can be bothered.

That's probably the very best we could hope for in real life, with a lot of luck anyway

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #387 on July 21, 2011, 10:07:23 am by DonnyNoel »
Well the summer didn't go too well, lots of targets identified but not too many signed and sadly my team is already losing its domestic bias. I signed Danny Webber and two young English players for the future as well as French/African DM, a French winger and Davide Petrucci but think he's also one for the future so loaned him out to some little club in Sheffield.

Only played 5 league games so far (W3 L2) so too early to tell how its going and I have a trip to the Emirates to look forward to in the LC 3rd round.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #388 on July 21, 2011, 12:04:26 pm by RedJ »
Do you try to keep a healthy domestic bias? I don't even bother with that, and just sign the best player I can for the role (provided I think they'd fit in, of course). Good shout on Petrucci. Not too sure Webber's that good, but hope for you he proves me wrong :)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #389 on July 21, 2011, 12:40:16 pm by DonnyNoel »
By the time I quit my last game in 2030 my domestic bias was 1%!! It doesn't bother me as such but its a shame I can't get English quality in. I do sign foreigners at a young age so they count as \"homegrown\" but I don't think that counts towards domestic bias.

Webber is so so, mainly my attacking substitute and has scored a couple of goals. Fairhurst has plenty of potential so he's out on loan. Brown was pants so I let him go which left me with Sharp and Hayter so I signed Webber as 3rd choice and got a kid in from Blackburn on loan as 4th choice to let me loan Petrucci out too. As I've got plenty of wingers I can always chuck Shiels up front too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012