Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:10:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the club really do get things wrong  (Read 6217 times)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
the club really do get things wrong
« on February 07, 2011, 05:09:22 pm by yapper1901 »
check out this story http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2287777,00.html
its states they renewed before the burnley game what makes this unbelivable is i renewed my and my brothers season ticket 5 days before that

i wonder how many other fans had bought theres before the so called first season ticket holders

it amazing how the club get it wrong time and time again

obviously me just renewing my season ticket was not a good enough story

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike H

• VSC Member
Re:the club really do get things wrong
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2011, 06:09:27 pm by Mike H »
It sounds like \"never let the facts get in the way of a good story\" to me!

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2011, 06:45:37 pm by yapper1901 »
Mike H wrote:
It sounds like \"never let the facts get in the way of a good story\" to me!

That's what I thought but they are now saying they got the story wrong
Saying it was bought at the Barnsley game but as I pointed out when I purchased I was told I was one and two. But not really bothered as it is a better story especially for the be a scout scheme but it does show what's number 1 not a fan who been a season ticket holder for years but a good story for the website.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2011, 06:57:12 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Do you want a medal?!

RoverandOut

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2011, 07:31:12 pm by RoverandOut »
\"Redandwhitewhizards\"

Do you want a dictionary?!

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2011, 07:45:32 pm by yapper1901 »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
Do you want a medal?!

No but then again if you have one spare I will take it

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 07, 2011, 07:54:02 pm by deebee »
If you are refering to story on DROS it says the Burnley game. With regards to the be a club scout not being in the renewal pack , well it is . Its on page 5 opposit the application form. And with regatds to doing a flier it would be far to complicated as there are different prices for different ages for different parts of the ground for different times when you buy them . Get it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 07, 2011, 07:56:51 pm by RedJ »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
Do you want a medal?!

Can I have one? :P

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 07, 2011, 09:49:26 pm by coventryrover »
yapper1901 wrote:
check out this story http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~2287777,00.html
its states they renewed before the burnley game what makes this unbelivable is i renewed my and my brothers season ticket 5 days before that

i wonder how many other fans had bought theres before the so called first season ticket holders

What a moaner you are, s@@t a brick.

Are you like this if someone buys a box of jaffa cakes just before you?

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 07, 2011, 10:10:30 pm by yapper1901 »
coventryrover wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:

no but if someone bought a pack of jaffa cakes after me and then a story came out they were the first to buy it, then i would say it was untrue

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 07, 2011, 10:36:22 pm by coventryrover »
yapper1901 wrote:
coventryrover wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:

I would say you are being a tad petty, wouldnt you?
no but if someone bought a pack of jaffa cakes after me and then a story came out they were the first to buy it, then i would say it was untrue

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 07, 2011, 10:43:50 pm by billdoor »
Get promotion on FM2011 and we'll all get you a medal.LOL

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 07, 2011, 10:47:09 pm by RedJ »
billdoor wrote:
Get promotion on FM2011 and we'll all get you a medal.LOL

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Do that and I'll personally pay for you to get onto the next Honours' List.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 07, 2011, 11:38:10 pm by Viking Don »
yapper1901 wrote:
coventryrover wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:

You would know it was untrue, but if you said it noone would listen, and why the fcuk would they? Unless it's gonna come up on a trivial pursuit question, which it won't because it's a bit too trivial.

Get onto the FP in the morning and tell them your rightful place as first season ticket holder has been hijacked by a father and son story.  :) HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 07, 2011, 11:51:06 pm by RedJ »
This is too funny :laugh:

TracyB

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 08, 2011, 09:08:25 am by TracyB »
Just to clear up any confusion, Daniel Jennings and his father were the first season ticket holders for 2011/12 making their purchase on 28/1/11 at 14.27.  Yapper1901 purchased his at 15.43 on the same day.

Yapper1901 Maybe you were the first season ticket that member of staff had served.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 08, 2011, 09:18:02 am by Filo »
TracyB wrote:
Just to clear up any confusion, Daniel Jennings and his father were the first season ticket holders for 2011/12 making their purchase on 28/1/11 at 14.27.  Yapper1901 purchased his at 15.43 on the same day.

Yapper1901 Maybe you were the first season ticket that member of staff had served.

I`m not sure how yapper will take this news, it`ll be a big blow not being the first to renew, I hope you`ve got the Samaritans number handy!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 08, 2011, 11:09:25 am by yapper1901 »
TracyB wrote:

fair enough, but just to clear it up that is not what the article said it stated the ticket was purchased the day of the burnley game, but i now see that bit has been removed out the article. so its cool i dont really mind i was just pointing out that based on the info that was printed it was good story over fact

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 08, 2011, 11:11:21 am by Filo »
yapper1901 wrote:
TracyB wrote:

fair enough, but just to clear it up that is not what the article said it stated the ticket was purchased the day of the burnley game, but i now see that bit has been removed out the article. so its cool i dont really mind i was just pointing out that based on the info that was printed it was good story over fact

Is that an apology then  ;)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 08, 2011, 11:36:10 am by yapper1901 »
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
TracyB wrote:

an apology for what
the official site posted a article saying the first season ticket was bought before the burnley game, i was saying thats wrong as i bought mine 5 days prior to the burnley game, the club have now removed this reference from the article and now have someone from the ticket office saying it was purchased on the 28th which is fine if that was the orginal story

but i dont think i have to appology for anything, i posted based on the facts i had at that time the club are now saying the facts they posted were wrong so whats to appologise for

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 08, 2011, 11:47:48 am by Filo »
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
TracyB wrote:

an apology for what
the official site posted a article saying the first season ticket was bought before the burnley game, i was saying thats wrong as i bought mine 5 days prior to the burnley game, the club have now removed this reference from the article and now have someone from the ticket office saying it was purchased on the 28th which is fine if that was the orginal story

but i dont think i have to appology for anything, i posted based on the facts i had at that time the club are now saying the facts they posted were wrong so whats to appologise for

That`s a no then?  ;)

If they did purchase on the same day as you, it was before the Burnley game  ;)

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 08, 2011, 11:58:39 am by yapper1901 »
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
TracyB wrote:

an apology for what

That`s a no then?  ;)

Try reading before posting your bull****

Now I will try again just for you

The official site posted a article saying the first season ticket was purchased at the burnley game.  They have since removed this and are now saying it wasn't purchased at the burnley game and was purchased on the 28th

Now at the time I posted the thread the only information I had was it was purchased at the burnley game. I was disputing this as I purchased mine on the 28th. Now if they would have said it was purchased on the 28th orginally I would Not have posted the thread

I am not suren how much easier I can make it for you

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 08, 2011, 12:05:12 pm by Filo »
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
TracyB wrote:

an apology for what

That`s a no then?  ;)

The official site posted a article saying the first season ticket was purchased at the burnley game.  They have since removed this and are now saying it wasn't purchased at the burnley game and was purchased on the 28th

Now at the time I posted the thread the only information I had was it was purchased at the burnley game. I was disputing this as I purchased mine on the 28th. Now if they would have said it was purchased on the 28th orginally I would Not have posted the thread

Yes, I`ve tried reading before I post, there`s a little inconsistency in your posts, highlighted in bold! also if you want to be clever, try proof reading before you post conflicting stories also highlighted at the end of your post!

Thanks for simplifying things for me  ;)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 08, 2011, 12:42:04 pm by DonnyRTID »
Re-the club really do get things wrong

So do you, it would seem.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 08, 2011, 12:42:31 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 08, 2011, 02:07:54 pm by yapper1901 »
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:
yapper1901 wrote:
TracyB wrote:

an apology for what

That`s a no then?  ;)

Yes, I`ve tried reading before I post, there`s a little inconsistency in your posts, highlighted in bold! also if you want to be clever, try proof reading before you post conflicting stories also highlighted at the end of your post!

Thanks for simplifying things for me  ;)

I was typing on a iPhone so if the only thing you can point is a extra n then so be it
Regarding my so called error, I would say at and before are exactly the same thing especially when concerning a football game
Eg I met Paul at the game. I met Paul before the game
Now reading that statement they could mean the same if you are meet Paul at 2.30 with a 3 o'clock kick off.
I hope thats simple enough for you or would you like a diagram
Maybe next time instead of feeling the need to comment on every post you may want to read the whole thing plus the attached article I posted

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 08, 2011, 02:20:48 pm by Filo »
The Burnley game was on 1st February, the bloke and his lad bought the ticket on 28th January, which on my Calendar comes before the 1st of February, if I`m wrong please simplify it for me. I saw the original article and it said they purchased before the Burnley game, which they did. It never did, or had said they purchased at the game. I don`t see what your problem is, apart from the fact that someone trumped you on being the first to get next years season ticket, I bet you`re one of those that puts your Christmas tree up in October and gets annoyed when the neighbour beats you to it!

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 08, 2011, 02:32:43 pm by yapper1901 »
Filo wrote:
The Burnley game was on 1st February, the bloke and his lad bought the ticket on 28th January, which on my Calendar comes before the 1st of February, if I`m wrong please simplify it for me. I saw the original article and it said they purchased before the Burnley game, which they did. It never did, or had said they purchased at the game. I don`t see what your problem is, apart from the fact that someone trumped you on being the first to get next years season ticket, I bet you`re one of those that puts your Christmas tree up in October and gets annoyed when the neighbour beats you to it!

Nah it's unlucky to put your tree up till 14 days before Christmas
They described it in the article that the guy purchased it just before the burnley game which would suggest to me it was at the burnley game
Now I guess its how you read it but by the fact they removed it from the article suggest that's what they meant and plus if he purchased it on the 28th why not just say that why say it was before the burnley game

And really I don't care because the kids story is a better one for the club it was just funny to me that they would change it for a better story. And then i carried on replying as you have people like you who have to comment on every post without reading

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 08, 2011, 02:41:29 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Just catching up on this enthralling thread.

So have I got this straight? Yapper is bitter because he has been cunningly outmanoeuvred and outfoxed by a ten year old kid?  

Or to put it another way...

:P

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 08, 2011, 02:47:20 pm by Filo »
yapper1901 wrote:
Filo wrote:

Nah it's unlucky to put your tree up till 14 days before Christmas
They described it in the article that the guy purchased it just before the burnley game which would suggest to me it was at the burnley game
Now I guess its how you read it but by the fact they removed it from the article suggest that's what they meant and plus if he purchased it on the 28th why not just say that why say it was before the burnley game

And really I don't care because the kids story is a better one for the club it was just funny to me that they would change it for a better story. And then i carried on replying as you have people like you who have to comment on every post without reading

That`s where you`re wrong, I did read the thread and the original article, the original article didn`t say \"just before\", it said \"before\" you`re changing your slant on things to justify your original post, in different posts in this thread you have said that they purchased \"at\" the Burnley game, \"before\" the Burnley game and \"just before\" the Burnley game. Before you go on a rant, you need to establish the facts, you clearly haven`t, and you`ve had an explanation from a member of staff from the ticket office, I jokingly made a reference to contacting the Samaritans as you wouldn`t be happy about being trumped, I then in a later post asked if your reply to the explanation was an apology, you then went on to suggest that I hadn`t read the whole thread, including the article, you had no evidence of that but seemed a bit miffed that your posts were being taken apart. Who cares who` buys the first season ticket, why make a song and dance about it? it clearly pissed you off that someone beat you to it, or you wouldn`t have posted in the first place!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012