Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:41:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Sales  (Read 13890 times)

yarmouth rover

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Sales
« Reply #30 on March 12, 2011, 12:17:37 pm by yarmouth rover »
renewed all 6 at beginning of feb but i am sorry to say all six of us will miss all mid week games next season because i have been told by my boss no sneaking away at 3pm :cry: i have got to work until 5.30pm and i can not do 170 miles in 2 hours... but it makes it more exciting for my saturday visits:scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyMark

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 12, 2011, 12:46:42 pm by DonnyMark »
Renewing next week, for 4 in the south stand same seats as last year.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 12, 2011, 01:35:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Question - do you actually get the season ticket in your hand when you renew this year, rather than crosssed fingers and an IOU?

The ST Books will be available some time June onwards.

Some good news coming out and I hope there's more out there. Just lets not be down about special offer matches, your season ticket still provides better value. Once you get out of the habit of attending, you'll find an excuse not to go and the wife will have you shopping when you should be doing the right thing !

You know it makes sense !!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 13, 2011, 08:30:14 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=146327
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=146322
Typical not heard this at all!

Think I may join just for this reason then I can pay in the summer!

Quote from: \"deebee\" post=146254
Did you know that if you join the Rovers alliance you can get 10% off your ST and have the cheap deadline extended to July

Check the details, I think you had to have been an alliance member already to qualify for the discount and extension.

I am glad to find the references to the Alliance on here as I was about to post that I was confused about the discount on ST for 2011/12 and it looks like I am not on my own here !

I had seen both 5% and 10% quoted and indeed deebee quotes 10 above (which I am obviously hoping for) but Filos link to the Alliance pages above swhen opened says 5.

So is this difference due to when you join - i.e. if you are not a Member now but join you get 5% off but if like me you have been in for a Season or so it is 10%

Cheers DW

dn6red

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 13, 2011, 12:06:05 pm by dn6red »
Renewed our 7 and bought an extra kids one for my granddaughter

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 14, 2011, 05:14:12 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=146543
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=146327
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=146322
Typical not heard this at all!

Think I may join just for this reason then I can pay in the summer!

Quote from: \"deebee\" post=146254
Did you know that if you join the Rovers alliance you can get 10% off your ST and have the cheap deadline extended to July

Check the details, I think you had to have been an alliance member already to qualify for the discount and extension.

I am glad to find the references to the Alliance on here as I was about to post that I was confused about the discount on ST for 2011/12 and it looks like I am not on my own here !

I had seen both 5% and 10% quoted and indeed deebee quotes 10 above (which I am obviously hoping for) but Filos link to the Alliance pages above swhen opened says 5.

So is this difference due to when you join - i.e. if you are not a Member now but join you get 5% off but if like me you have been in for a Season or so it is 10%

Cheers DW

Anyone out there ....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 14, 2011, 06:11:42 am by idler »
Not many by the look of it.:(
Work in 30 minutes , at least the Leeds fans can't give me any stick today.:)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 14, 2011, 06:23:04 pm by DonnyRTID »
Got 2 of ours today, only a junior one to get now but he's moving to the Soufh stand with his mates when he's scouted them.;)

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 14, 2011, 09:50:26 pm by donny dave »
I shall be renewing mine, it's just a case of finding time inbetween 12 hour shifts

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 15, 2011, 08:48:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sales now up to 625 with 10 days to go.

It would be interesting to see the breakdown to see where the seats are being taken up and how many have been scouted.

I'll try and get this information after the deadline.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 15, 2011, 08:51:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looks like it's gonna be an incredibly poor take up, could be a fairly empty stadium next year - oh dear.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 15, 2011, 08:55:19 pm by Berkshire Rover »
let's wait and see what the position is after the early bird deadline has passed, a bit early to get depressed yet.

:)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 15, 2011, 09:08:46 pm by idler »
Can't afford to get mine until the last day or so. Could be four of us renewing. I think quite a few more will be in the same boat.:scarf:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 15, 2011, 09:27:11 pm by dknward2 »
Same here

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 15, 2011, 09:31:28 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
Getting mine this weekend, with a new recruit as well. Website won't have been updated for ages either, hopefully.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 15, 2011, 09:34:58 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I am Mr Negative re crowds but what will be will be !

The club cant do no more and likes of the video on the offical web site re visit to schools.... So I think they will come whether paying on game or otherwise!

In terms of securing players on contracts we have done that as well but would not rule out selling players inc Sharp.

If I was to be honest I thought we would be at least a thousand up and people at the top level would be quite right to be concerned.

Lets be right we are in a great position to pick of the sheffield clubs and apart from Leeds who else is there to watch locally?

Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=146795
Looks like it's gonna be an incredibly poor take up, could be a fairly empty stadium next year - oh dear.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 15, 2011, 11:58:16 pm by hoolahoop »
I don't think it will be a poor take up when it unwinds. Will be getting mine soon too. Btw many Alliance members won't have bought theirs yet because of the extended deadline . Me and my mate and the 10 or so around us have not but will be renewing shortly.

Far far too early to make rapid assumptions re. ST sales imo.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 16, 2011, 09:36:23 am by DonnyRTID »
DBR, does that figure include those that are paying by installments, cos they won't actually own their tickets until the balance is settled, will they?.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 16, 2011, 10:09:06 am by DaveDRFC »
Has anybody who did the Club Scout scheme received their cheque yet? I bought my season ticket and another on the 14th February, both paid in full, and not had anything as yet.

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 16, 2011, 11:54:58 am by MiKA »
Renewing my 2 today, if i'm honest it was touch and go if I did or not, living and working so close to the ground it wasn't as if I couldn't go and pay for each game at the discounts that have been offered this season.  

I do feel though that more needs doing for ST holders, when discounting games so much their needs to be a way of rewarding the ST holders too.

.............. anyway JR you have £680 of my hard earned money, spend it wisely   :scarf:

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 16, 2011, 12:17:45 pm by coventryrover »
I thought the season ticket does provide a discount for matches?

Yes, it is a substantial layout initially but each game works  out to be around £16 ish, assuming the person wants to go to every game of course.

PLus the season ticket holder has the added advantage of a discount at the club shop plus away/cup ticket priority.  Not bad really

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 16, 2011, 01:00:50 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"coventryrover\" post=146865
I thought the season ticket does provide a discount for matches?

Yes, it is a substantial layout initially but each game works  out to be around £16 ish, assuming the person wants to go to every game of course.

PLus the season ticket holder has the added advantage of a discount at the club shop plus away/cup ticket priority.  Not bad really

Exactly :headbang: Why do we continually get ridiculous posts on here still inferring or seemingly inferring that a ST doesn't give those buying them a substantial discount...........it's fookin annoying.
Most ST holders pay in advance in the full knowledge that the club will soon need the cashflow besides there are also discounts available at the Club Shop as well as a guarantee of a seat where and when you want it, additionally first shot at 'away' tickets are available.
NOW LET IT DROP!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 16, 2011, 01:07:58 pm by MiKA »
Calm down, calm down    :side:

I'm well aware of the bennefits a ST gives you, thats why I continue to buy one, was just saying that the club needs to stay aware of the ST holders thats all when giving discounts to non ST holders

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 16, 2011, 01:15:58 pm by inSODwetrust »
I dont think the performance's this season, injuries or not, warrant 400 odd quid!

Plus, im getting really, really bored of the Keepmoat! Would rather spend my money on away games, unfortunately!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 16, 2011, 01:16:21 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"MiKA\" post=146869
Calm down, calm down    :side:

I'm well aware of the bennefits a ST gives you, thats why I continue to buy one, was just saying that the club needs to stay aware of the ST holders thats all when giving discounts to non ST holders

I am perfectly calm, what do YOU want for ST Holders ? Cheaper prices ergo cheaper team or some other plan maybe, we need to get folk who are not used to going to the KMS trying the experience and that always takes the subsidising of ticketsm, the club can't keep chucking further discounts to STH as well........it's patently not viable in business terms.:dry:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 16, 2011, 01:50:43 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"DaveDRFC\" post=146858
Has anybody who did the Club Scout scheme received their cheque yet? I bought my season ticket and another on the 14th February, both paid in full, and not had anything as yet.

i've had mine mate, i got the season tickets paid for on the 3rd of feb, but it did take them the full 31 days to get the cheque to me (remember there are only 28 in feb) so you'll probably get yours in the next couple of days :)

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 16, 2011, 02:44:51 pm by washyrover »
scout idea is piss pot, how about £250 season tickets accross the board.Do they listen i fear not.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 16, 2011, 03:24:36 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"washyrover\" post=146875
scout idea is piss pot, how about £250 season tickets accross the board.Do they listen i fear not.

i assume that you've drawn that conclusion from the vast amount of market research you've conducted into the demand for season tickets and the likely increase were the prices to come down to those levels? i fear not.

how about you try running a football club with a limited fanbase?

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 16, 2011, 04:03:14 pm by MiKA »
I agree hoola, these massively discounted tickets arn't doing the club any favours, they also arn't filling the stadium.

I still feel that enough isn't being done on advertising, flyers would be a good start, I live within a mile of the ground but have never had one come through my door, the profile of the team and the players need lifting, surely we should be getting atleast ten thousand for every home game, that not too much to ask for.

Got my ST's today and there were 3 or 4 there who were doing the same, hopefully as the deadline nears there will be a rush on to make the saving, it does make a change paying less for something this year than last.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 16, 2011, 04:12:43 pm by washyrover »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=146879
Quote from: \"washyrover\" post=146875

i assume that you've drawn that conclusion from the vast amount of market research you've conducted into the demand for season tickets and the likely increase were the prices to come down to those levels? i fear not.

how about you try running a football club with a limited fanbase?
hudderfield did a year or two ago with success,also money is tight and their have been a lot of offers.Need to build the fan base up not pull it down.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012