Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:38:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Sales  (Read 13888 times)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: Season Ticket Sales
« Reply #60 on March 16, 2011, 04:19:13 pm by Superspy »
well yeah, we're all singing from the same hymn sheet on that one, but the prices for the south stand have been reduced, and they are offering an incentive to try and get other people to sign up. i don't see how that is pulling the fanbase down?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 16, 2011, 04:51:38 pm by weststander »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=146870
I dont think the performance's this season, injuries or not, warrant 400 odd quid!

Plus, im getting really, really bored of the Keepmoat! Would rather spend my money on away games, unfortunately!
[/b]

Whereas I would rather give my money to my club rather than some other outfit. I know some people will argue that everyone has the right to decide how to spend their money, but I cannot see how true supporters would prefer to support (financially) the opposition rather than our beloved club.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 16, 2011, 05:40:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Spot-on weststander!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 16, 2011, 06:02:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quote from: \"washyrover\" post=146882
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=146879
Quote from: \"washyrover\" post=146875
scout idea is piss pot, how about £250 season tickets accross the board.Do they listen i fear not.

i assume that you've drawn that conclusion from the vast amount of market research you've conducted into the demand for season tickets and the likely increase were the prices to come down to those levels? i fear not.

how about you try running a football club with a limited fanbase?
hudderfield did a year or two ago with success,also money is tight and their have been a lot of offers.Need to build the fan base up not pull it down.

Bradford also did it.  Problem is despite their bigger crowds both stated that the impact of having less money (as even with more fans they incurred much less income) was significant, Bradford stated they had the crowd of 12,000 and the budget of 4000.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 16, 2011, 07:58:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Mmmm. Some interesting comments on here and, some already addresed.

On the issue of those paying by instalments counting as sales at this stage is a good question. I shall find out.

On the issue of flyers, promoting of offers etc the club have made significant improvements recently, particularly with the e-marketing however, those of you who may be missing on these may have opted out of receiving these in the past. If you want to be kept informed left the club have your e-mail address or pass it on to me and I'll do it for you. (make sure you do it via Private Message)

The VSC distributed around 5000 plus Club Scout flyers at the Watford match including all the major pubs around and about.

Lets keep to the thread and report about our ST sales and your investment in our wonderful club.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 16, 2011, 08:50:59 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I am taking advantage for the DD for extra tenner cant go wrong!

I am also very happy to take flyers out etc

Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=146911
Mmmm. Some interesting comments on here and, some already addresed.

On the issue of those paying by instalments counting as sales at this stage is a good question. I shall find out.

On the issue of flyers, promoting of offers etc the club have made significant improvements recently, particularly with the e-marketing however, those of you who may be missing on these may have opted out of receiving these in the past. If you want to be kept informed left the club have your e-mail address or pass it on to me and I'll do it for you. (make sure you do it via Private Message)

The VSC distributed around 5000 plus Club Scout flyers at the Watford match including all the major pubs around and about.

Lets keep to the thread and report about our ST sales and your investment in our wonderful club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 16, 2011, 10:20:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thanks Norfolk for your support with flyers.

For Saturday I'm just leaving a few batches in strategic places around the ground/concourses etc however, any practical help with these and in the future are greatly appreciated.

PM me with your contact details and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers

DBR

Big lad up front

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 16, 2011, 10:53:21 pm by Big lad up front »
Barry.this is obviously taking up quite abit of your time & to this i applaud you..............however are you sure your liver can cope as its also taking up valuable drinking time

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 16, 2011, 11:14:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It probably helps !

PS No one at home to discuss CM. I'll keep you posted.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 17, 2011, 10:51:36 am by SkellowRover »
Renewed my 4 yesterday on spread payment.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 17, 2011, 11:02:03 am by eastender »
Coughed up £400 this morning.Decided to take the £20 hit and stay in the East wing,rather than down grade to the Neanderthal South stand.:P

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 17, 2011, 07:18:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Went down to the KM ticket office to today and there was a steady stream renewing their STs and scouting new ones.

I note the numbers have gone up to 925 with a week left. I'm waiting for a response from the club whether these include those who have opted to pay by instalment.

Whilst I was down there I detected a more positive vibe and I hope more waverers can find a way to come and support the Rovers next season.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 17, 2011, 07:27:52 pm by Branton Rover »
Renewed mine today along with my dad it'll be my 30th anniversary of my first match in September

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 17, 2011, 07:37:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well it's got to be promotion then next season. How long has your dad been going ?

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 17, 2011, 09:33:31 pm by rover-n-out »
Renewing mine Fri. morning on the never, never scheme.:thumbsup:

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 18, 2011, 12:46:39 pm by rover-n-out »
Renewed mine this morning, was about 8/10 in the office also renewing. I asked the very nice Jacqui if the total number of tickets sold included those that opted for the spread payment scheme, and she told me yes.

As I was going into the office 4 people came out waving QPR game tickets and talking in an Eastern European accent. Now, I'm pretty sure we don't have any players in our squad from that neck of the woods, so I was wondering if QPR have any, and those people were getting tickets to see them.:unsure:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 18, 2011, 01:13:02 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"rover-n-out\" post=147080
Renewed mine this morning, was about 8/10 in the office also renewing. I asked the very nice Jacqui if the total number of tickets sold included those that opted for the spread payment scheme, and she told me yes.

As I was going into the office 4 people came out waving QPR game tickets and talking in an Eastern European accent. Now, I'm pretty sure we don't have any players in our squad from that neck of the woods, so I was wondering if QPR have any, and those people were getting tickets to see them.:unsure:

We do have a sizeable Eastern European population in Doncaster, maybe they are starting to adopt thier new home town ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 18, 2011, 06:01:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ours were bought this morning - good stuff.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on March 18, 2011, 06:14:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ticket Sales 1043

6 days to the first deadline. I just want those waverers to think on. Perhaps thinking they'd be better off paying match by match for the games on 'offer'. The board have yet to decide on the match day prices for next season. Who's to say Cat 3 prices will remain at £15 for the cheapest price ?? Cat 1 games may go up to £30 a throw.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 18, 2011, 06:20:16 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Have to say total shite so far

Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=147122
Ticket Sales 1043

6 days to the first deadline. I just want those waverers to think on. Perhaps thinking they'd be better off paying match by match for the games on 'offer'. The board have yet to decide on the match day prices for next season. Who's to say Cat 3 prices will remain at £15 for the cheapest price ?? Cat 1 games may go up to £30 a throw.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 18, 2011, 06:20:39 pm by washyrover »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=147122
Ticket Sales 1043

So true if we are top of the league good by offers.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 18, 2011, 06:25:33 pm by Berkshire Rover »
The offers are limited by Football League rules to 4 games per season, we know ST prices are going up by £20 next year, it would be natural for match day prices to go up by at least £1 a game

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 22, 2011, 03:52:29 pm by goalkick »
bought two today, fair no of people purchasing,told selling well plus a lot buying on extended purchase scheme,maybe a good sign,hope so.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on March 22, 2011, 04:04:31 pm by jonnydog »
Getting mine on Thursday. Hopefully more will sell by earlybird day.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 22, 2011, 04:21:39 pm by idler »
Posted my 2 of my renewals yesterday. My grand daughter and her mate have exams and need a part-time job so aren't sure whether to renew.
At least they have until June to decide without the price gouing up. I think that possibly a few might leave kids renewals a bit if money is tight while renewing their own for the discount. This could mean a sudden upsurge in May so kids can keep existing seats.
The ticket office told me yesterday that there had been a steady queue most of the day and there was still a queue when I rang at 4 o'clock.
Sounds promising to me.:scarf:

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 22, 2011, 05:22:56 pm by bobbymax »
Got two this morning and there was quite a queue when I left, all renewing, so forecasts of low sales may be a little premature. Mind you, they need more girls in there because there was only three staff and it takes an eternity photocopying this and stapling that before you can get away from the counter.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 22, 2011, 05:30:47 pm by benaldo »
I will keep my tickets. They are for 25 years anyway. I think that next season is the last one where the price is frozen though so I'll have to see what they do the one after that.

I've been trying to persuade friends to get a season ticket but they either aren't bothered about Rovers or feel they are too expensive for what you get -which is essentially just blokes running around kicking a ball. It's not like any of them are even \"stars\" either is it, or like we're a top ranked team, or that we offer a great day out? It's very difficult to sell the Rovers to the non-initiated at the prices that are asked for tickets/drinks/food/programme/car parking. I do try though.

Keith Myath

« Reply #87 on March 22, 2011, 06:15:19 pm by Keith Myath »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=147569
I will keep my tickets. They are for 25 years anyway. I think that next season is the last one where the price is frozen though so I'll have to see what they do the one after that.

I've been trying to persuade friends to get a season ticket but they either aren't bothered about Rovers or feel they are too expensive for what you get -which is essentially just blokes running around kicking a ball. It's not like any of them are even \"stars\" either is it, or like we're a top ranked team, or that we offer a great day out? It's very difficult to sell the Rovers to the non-initiated at the prices that are asked for tickets/drinks/food/programme/car parking. I do try though.

Lie to them, tell them of the great handjobs they give out at half time, the free beer thats always flowing and the fantastic view of cleavage of the young bird sat only a couple of seats down no matter what the weather...  actually that last ones not a lie and thank christ, because its provided me some right entertainment during some pretty awfull games this season.

If you have to sell them the whole premise of supporting their home town team i think you have lost the battle already, im just making sure my nephews and my son always have a season ticket, most of my mates arent interested if it isnt man u or liverpool.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 22, 2011, 08:53:24 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Cannot wait until i push my 400 sheets over ..... Like going to church and giving it the vicar.....RTID x 2 ST

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 22, 2011, 09:05:18 pm by RobTheRover »
I renewed 4 on Friday morning, and there were quite a few others renewing and picking up QPR tickets.  Hopefully, a mate will be getting 3 new STs this week.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012