Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 07:26:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Homophobic chanting from our fans at Barnsley  (Read 8613 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re: Homophobic chanting from our fans at Barnsley
« Reply #30 on April 27, 2011, 11:15:00 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=153690
Some of you are actually defending that shite...........haven't people moved on from taking the piss at someones sexuality??? Who gives a toss what a footballers sexuality is, does it really matter, and why do people think it's ok to use that against someone as a derogatory statement? There really are some morons out there. :headbang:

Where is anyone defending it?

I think the consensus is, is it worth bringing up on account of next to nobody heard anything?

Either Hetero or Homo...chants take place all the time regarding sexuality. Are homosexuals a special case and therefore immune / exempt from such chants? Some people really do need to develop a sense of humour.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 27, 2011, 12:41:33 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=153715
Either Hetero or Homo...chants take place all the time regarding sexuality. Are homosexuals a special case and therefore immune / exempt from such chants? Some people really do need to develop a sense of humour.

What about Bi?

;-)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 27, 2011, 12:58:26 pm by belton rover »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=153737
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=153715

What about Bi?

;-)

or A

I often partake in asexual relaxation.

What does that make me? :byebye

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 27, 2011, 04:09:14 pm by SkellowRover »
People that can't abide swearing and p*ss taking chants etc in football should p*ss off and maybe watch a play at the theatre instead, PC gone bloody mad. I bet 99% of them are bloody prawn sarnie east standers used to sitting on their padded seats and having lunch and a glass of wine in the hospitality section before a game. There always has been things like this sung/chanted for years ever since i started going in 1979 not just by us but by every football club in the land. I can imagine you all sat at oakwell saying to each other \"oh i wish they wouldn't swear\" when the fans were calling shacks a w*nker & greedy b*stard too. Next you will be wanting us to wear f*cking dinner suits to games (nudger can wear his birthday suit).

Rovers 'Till I F*cking Die!!!!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 27, 2011, 04:24:48 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=153695
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=153690
Some of you are actually defending that shite...........haven't people moved on from taking the piss at someones sexuality??? Who gives a toss what a footballers sexuality is, does it really matter, and why do people think it's ok to use that against someone as a derogatory statement? There really are some morons out there. :headbang:

Agree.

People need to realise we are in the 2011 not 1911, why can't people just shut up and get on with their own lives.

Jesus I agree with Benaldo.

This - and domestic abuse - is the only thing I won't shout about

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 27, 2011, 04:25:43 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"ctay\" post=153700
Am I the only person who didnt hear anything?

Pardon?

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 27, 2011, 04:41:16 pm by inSODwetrust »
Closet Huddersfield fan int he?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 27, 2011, 05:03:18 pm by jucyberry »
Is it any wonder that there are no openly gay players in this game? poor sods have had to climb to the very back of the closet to be able to do their jobs without the element of homophobic knuckle dragging troglodytish hetro fanatic footy fans abusing them.

With the tragic suicide of Justin Fashnu I would guess the bolt is firmly on the closet door, and who can blame them. In the thirteen years since his death nothng seems to have progressed.

I have to say tho only straight men who are secretly curious about sex with another man find a gay man threatening...I have always found it bizarre and egotistical to the extreme that straight men always think the gay lad will fancy them..

Seuality shouldn't be an issue, being able to play a good game and win matches is what matters, not wether player goes home to Arthur or Martha.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 27, 2011, 05:48:12 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=153752
Next you will be wanting us to wear f*cking dinner suits to games (nudger can wear his birthday suit).

Rovers 'Till I F*cking Die!!!!!

Now that's a f**king good idea- I mean the dinner suits, not the birthday \"billy buff\" variety.

That's next season's last away game sorted!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 27, 2011, 05:52:00 pm by The Red Baron »
As no-one seems prepared to enlighten us as to what was said and to whom it was directed there seems little point commenting. However, I think there's a big difference between calling Cardiff/ Derby fans sheepshaggers in a collective sense and directing anti-gay chants at an individual or identifiable group. One is footy banter, the other sounds more like abuse.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 27, 2011, 05:59:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The thing is homophobic stuff only really matters if you actually care (I've never known a gay guy who does and I've lived with 2).  My gay mates usually make more jokes about it than anyone else, because to be frank they couldn't actually care less.

So what if somebody says something about you being gay, if you are then why would you care?  I've never understood that.  I mean if someone came up to me and said \"you straight bas**rd bet you loved giving her a right go against that wall\" would I care?  I think the answer to that is obvious.  It's more about the paranoia of those that are gay in a lot of cases.

As an example, was in town the other week, bit drunk.  Chatting to this guy in takeaway mentioned \"you're very similar to the guy from Glee\".  For some reason his reply was \"it's because I'm gay blah blah\".  No it wasn't, it's because he had the same tone of voice, mannerisms and looked like the guy from Glee.  It was a crazy reaction.  I've never understood this paranoia from gay people to a great extent.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 27, 2011, 06:00:32 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Abuse of the sheep?:P

Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=153782
As no-one seems prepared to enlighten us as to what was said and to whom it was directed there seems little point commenting. However, I think there's a big difference between calling Cardiff/ Derby fans sheepshaggers in a collective sense and directing anti-gay chants at an individual or identifiable group. One is footy banter, the other sounds more like abuse.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 27, 2011, 06:20:15 pm by keyser_soze »
I bet there's plenty of people in this thread that can't see why \"i'd rather be a Paki than a Turk\" could be deemed offensive.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 27, 2011, 06:42:57 pm by jucyberry »
The thing is Andy, you can't understand what it would be like to be gay unless you are..A lot depends on your age too, the more progressive the world becomes hopefully the easier it will be to actually come out.

The person that I have always considered to be the other half of me is gay. The first half of his adult life he lived the lie, to conform, and it made him miserable. he has travelled the world, been married twice, once to a woman once to a man.. Neither worked because of his internal struggle to find himself.. For the last five years he has lived openly as a gay man, until last month, then he came home.

Now once again he is trying to conform to societies idea of the norm. Coming out isn't all as easy as it is in the soaps. He is my oldest, dearest friend and I love him for himself, not because he wears a particular label to appease the bigots.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 27, 2011, 06:47:43 pm by CusworthRovers »
I was there til the end ie after the players left (including Shack attack leaving the pitch and I never heard owt neither.

There seems to be a few of us who never heard it but nobody wants to post the chant/comments on here. What was said and was it that bad?

If personal abuse is wrong, but group abuse is OK, then should we be questioning a ref's parentage or suggest he self sexually abuses himself. Should we be questioning the length of a players hair akin to a traveller type. Should we be questioning the portly shape of a said player. Should we question a players girlfriend/wife sexual antics. Should we question a players wage......I may be wrong but I'm sure we hear these types of comments every Saturday at every ground in the UK, and still people moan we cannot get an atmosphere at a footy match these days. What's taking all this away going to do to the footy atmosphere? I know we shall all shout 'hurrah Rovers' when we score and bravo when somebody skins a player and just leave it at that.

Shall we open up the Lee Hughes debate again?

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 27, 2011, 07:01:22 pm by inSODwetrust »
Only chant I remember is Rigo is a w**ker! Being a w**ker aint gay is it?  :saywhat:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 27, 2011, 07:41:21 pm by Nudga »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=153789
I bet there's plenty of people in this thread that can't see why \"i'd rather be a Paki than a Turk\" could be deemed offensive.

I rather be a sweaty sock than one of those bas**rds.

:chair:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 27, 2011, 07:45:52 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=153796
Only chant I remember is Rigo is a w**ker! Being a w**ker aint gay is it?  :saywhat:

You may well just be wrong there.  It is sex with a person of the same sex as yourself....... is it not?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 27, 2011, 07:57:11 pm by CusworthRovers »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=153796

Being a w**ker could be deemed either. I suppose there's straight w**king (where you are visualising the opposite sex eg Olivia Newton John.... or there is gay w**king where you are visualising the same sex eg Elton John.

There's nothing wrong with Rigo w**king (hell I've knocked the top off a few myself). Surely there's more than Rigo and I doing this crazy shit. It can kill a lonely 10mins and I'd strongly recommend one or two on here thrash one out before posting(might wanna wash your hands first like)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 27, 2011, 08:11:34 pm by jucyberry »
From what he posted on FB, they were singing they hoped he would die.  I hope that stupidness isn't going to start up again, poor little bugger got enough of that the other year.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 27, 2011, 09:13:13 pm by RedJ »
Cheers Mark - great read.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 27, 2011, 09:22:04 pm by MrFrost »
You're all a set of faggots.

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 27, 2011, 09:39:36 pm by VixDRFC »
Got to be honest, I stayed till final whistle and heard nothing, even as we walked away all we heard was the chants 'Billy, Billy Sharp' (nothing from the home end)

I don't hold with racist or homophobic abuse, in fact I don't hold with abuse full stop. So are we also condemning the (majority) shouting \"Jason Shackell's a w****r' and 'greedy b*****d' chants that were definitely audible throughout the game?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 27, 2011, 09:42:45 pm by MrFrost »
Why don't we all just sit there and become the happy clappy fans that we should be?

This family club thing is a load of b*llocks aswell. Give me the Pop side having coins and bottles hurled at me from the away end any day.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 27, 2011, 09:45:01 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
And if we are getting rid of the families, we should get rid of the women too!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 27, 2011, 09:47:18 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Redandwhitewhizards\" post=153847
And if we are getting rid of the families, we should get rid of the women too!

Damn right. No place for women in a football ground,. :evil:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 28, 2011, 12:31:13 am by RobTheRover »
What about them working in the snack bars?  Is that allowable?

Listen, whatever the rights and wrongs of it, I know one thing is true, and this was confirmed by a Barnsley fan at work today:.....

Jason Shackell had his worst game of the season on Monday.

I suspect the constant barrage of songs and comment about him chasing the yankee dollar rather than play for a club which idolised him might have had something to do with that.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 28, 2011, 06:25:32 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=153871

Jason Shackell had his worst game of the season on Monday.

I suspect the constant barrage of songs and comment about him chasing the yankee dollar rather than play for a club which idolised him might have had something to do with that.

In which case.....

Job done.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 28, 2011, 09:52:58 am by CusworthRovers »
Agreed. Job done. We got a point, unlucky not to get 3 and peppered them in their final third (Shack's territory). I would still love the lad to come back though.

Shacks was not the same dominant player as we was for us. Nobody gaffered him whilst he played for us. This lad gave Andy 'Thug' Carroll a run for his money last season.

I don't suppose we have an ex players for Leicester do we?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012