Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:20:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've had a dream  (Read 1896 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I've had a dream
« on April 29, 2011, 09:28:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
Dead vivid it was. I was walking towards the player’s entrance at the Keepmoat when I saw Jason Euell making his way inside. As I got closer I noticed a bottle of Cologne lying on the floor. It looked expensive so I knocked on the door and asked the security guy if he could ask  Euell if he’d dropped it. The bloke quickly put the bottle in his pocket and said “I’ll ask around, but it won’t be Euell’s”.  “How do you know?” I enquired. He said “Euell never wore Cologne”.  That’s a great inspiration for a song, I thought, following his brace at Baahhhnnslay........”Euell never wore Cologne, Euell never wore Cologne!”
Next thing the Rovers fans were singing it at the Leicester match following EUELL’s  25th minute opener. Rovers managed to hang on to the lead up to half time despite Leicester’s constant threats.
H.T. Rovers 1 Leicester 0
Second half Rovers had re-grouped and almost got a second when Hayter hit the post. But Leicester came back and pounded the Rovers who seemed intent to lie deep and soak up the pressure. The inevitable happened when YAKUBU thundered home after 79 minutes to make for a nail biting finish.
Leicester bombarded for what seemed the next hour, but Rovers hung on to ensure Championship football next season.
Rovers 1 Leicester 1

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
Re: I've had a dream
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2011, 11:21:09 am by keepmoatman »
excellent as always BB:thumbsup:

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2011, 11:25:02 am by DonnyRTID »
Excellent, if ever there's a time for your dream to come true, it's now.
Here's hoping.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2011, 12:38:34 pm by RedJ »
Always love reading your dreams BB :) quality mate :thumbsup:

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2011, 12:46:40 am by Viking Don »
For anyone still struggling it's a merseyside anthem. Took me a few minutes, but quality as always mate!

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2011, 06:51:10 am by Al4475 »
I've had a dream about this one too, which is very unlike me! It wasn't as dead vivid as BB's! But Rovers were 1 down with 5 minutes to go, Sheff Utd were 2-0 up and things weren't looking so hot when we were given a free-kick on the left hand side of the pitch, about 10 yards in and the same distance from the halfway line. Rovers threw everyone forward apart from Sulli who was taking the kick! He launched it forrard as all the fans in the North East corner were screaming at him too (that in itself makes the dream truly unbelievable! Ha!) and the ball bounced about a yard from the Leicester D throwing everyone off guard including their goalie who'd got caught in no-mans land between the 6-yard box and edge of the area. The ball looped up in the air after the bounce, evading everyone, pea-rolled over the line and finished nestled in the bottom left hand corner (as South-standers look at it) for 1-1! Safety! Crazy!:thumbsup:

I'd be amazed if this was the actual outcome of the game - but it's pretty weird for me to dream about Rovers and remember it when awake - maybe it's a sign!:scarf:

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2011, 08:03:50 am by CottyRover »
Quote from: \"Viking Don\" post=154191
For anyone still struggling it's a merseyside anthem. Took me a few minutes, but quality as always mate!

Thanks for that assist - I was struggling! :blush:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2011, 08:46:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
Thanks guys! Very much appreciated.

Al4475, Enjoyed your dream but found it a bit far fetched!:chair:

Also noticed that you took the 'safe bet' and copied my score!:coat:

But hey, don't apologize, we can share the after match credit for getting the score right!:aok:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2011, 09:03:43 am by The Red Baron »
I think we'll lose 1-2 today. But I also think the Dingles will win 3-2 at the Lane, their winner coming in the last minute as the Blades go all out on the attack.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2011, 09:07:27 am by Dutch Uncle »
Quote from: \"Bentley Bullet\" post=154022
“Euell never wore Cologne”.  

My vote for the best pun ever

Brilliant BB, and the dream ain't bad either B)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2011, 05:14:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Quote from: \"Bentley Bullet\" post=154022

The inevitable happened when YAKUBU thundered home after 79 minutes, but Rovers hung on to ensure Championship football next season.
Rovers 1 Leicester 1

Uncanny......Oh and also well done to Al4475 for dreaming the same result too!:thumbsup: :clapping:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012