Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 01:06:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wellens  (Read 2913 times)

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
wellens
« on April 29, 2011, 06:57:46 pm by sheffieldROVER »
is a doubt for tommorrow due to a knee injury!:scarf: nice one!!
so it says on teletext anyway!!!
muzzy and stock are back in the squad!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: wellens
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2011, 07:05:03 pm by RedJ »
I miss Wellens.. I saw my mate in her old Donny top with Wellens on, brought back memories.

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2011, 07:13:11 pm by sheffieldROVER »
me too mate but ill be  happy if he aint playing against us for tommorrow!! he looked better in the hoops!!!

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2011, 07:22:08 pm by Viking Don »
Wss hoping he'd be playing TBH, and have a bit of an off day out of respect for his fans here. Easy done Richie, we'd love you for it!

We're not bitter.

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 29, 2011, 07:27:57 pm by sheffieldROVER »
Quote from: \"Viking Don\" post=154127
Wss hoping he'd be playing TBH, and have a bit of an off day out of respect for his fans here. Easy done Richie, we'd love you for it!

We're not bitter.

yeah mate he maybe faking his injury out of respect for the rovers!!!he wants no part in it!!good lad

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 29, 2011, 07:31:25 pm by RedJ »
I'll always love Ritchie. He didn't do things the way Green did (his departure was very disrespectful in my opinion), or McIndoe for that matter. He was and is a class act.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 29, 2011, 07:36:16 pm by BigH »
Terrific player. We've missed his football brain

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 29, 2011, 07:38:13 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
what a team we had in that final...wellens, stock, mills, green etc etc etc

Quote from: \"BigH\" post=154135
Terrific player. We've missed his football brain

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 29, 2011, 07:50:16 pm by Boomstick »
Should have kept that team together, it showed incredible short sightedness in splitting it up and cashing in.
It has set us back years, and if we ever get to that level again the board will probably just cash in again.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 29, 2011, 08:16:47 pm by idler »
Wellens was offered £13,000 a week at Leicester. JR stated that Richie told him that he would stay if we matched it.
How much more would Copps, JOC, Oster and the rest have wanted if we matched that. How much would the tickets gone up as well? A team of our means has limits.:(

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 29, 2011, 08:29:30 pm by podrover73 »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154131
I'll always love Ritchie. He didn't do things the way Green did (his departure was very disrespectful in my opinion), or McIndoe for that matter. He was and is a class act.

What was wrong or disrespectful from Green?
Greeny was out of contract and Rovers did not take up the chance to get Greeny signed up, Derby came along with a better offer and he took it up.
When he left he never said or did anything to direspect Rovers or the fans ---explain

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 29, 2011, 08:43:57 pm by RedJ »
It's just an opinion. I think the way he did it just seemed a bit off, that's all. Nothing against him for going, it's just my perception of the way it went down.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 29, 2011, 08:50:58 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"idler\" post=154150
Wellens was offered £13,000 a week at Leicester. JR stated that Richie told him that he would stay if we matched it.
How much more would Copps, JOC, Oster and the rest have wanted if we matched that. How much would the tickets gone up as well? A team of our means has limits.:(

What is this obsession some people have with if one player earns a big wage everyone else would want the same?

Do you earn the same as every body else in your company?

I certainly don't and whats more I haven't got a clue what my colleagues earn nor do I care.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 29, 2011, 09:09:33 pm by mushRTID »
Wellens  was out best player since the conference. Simples! Great player.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2011, 09:24:05 pm by eastender »
Quote from: \"sheffieldROVER\" post=154121
is a doubt for tommorrow due to a knee injury!:scarf: nice one!!

Looks like he will be playing tomorrow.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2349085,00.html

Chrisd_123

« Reply #15 on April 29, 2011, 09:53:17 pm by Chrisd_123 »
So he might be playing with a knee injury that, if he's \"winning the fitness race\" will be rushed back and might not be fully healed....Go on Stocky, give him a little boot early on and give us a chance :)

VixDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2011, 11:18:28 pm by VixDRFC »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154157
It's just an opinion. I think the way he did it just seemed a bit off, that's all. Nothing against him for going, it's just my perception of the way it went down.

\"I'll play in the Championship with or without Doncaster Rovers\" was the quote from Green in the YP the week before we went to Wembley. We didn't offer him a new deak and security before Derby had the chance to nip in and double his wages on a 3 year deal. Green did nothing \"off\" he took the best deal he was offered at the time and I'd imagine he was offered it a long while before it looked possible we'd get promoted

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 30, 2011, 01:15:01 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"VixDRFC\" post=154182
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154157

\"I'll play in the Championship with or without Doncaster Rovers\" was the quote from Green in the YP the week before we went to Wembley. We didn't offer him a new deak and security before Derby had the chance to nip in and double his wages on a 3 year deal. Green did nothing \"off\" he took the best deal he was offered at the time and I'd imagine he was offered it a long while before it looked possible we'd get promoted

As I say, it was just an opinion, as valid as anyone else's. I found that quote to be a little arrogant at the time - maybe why I feel this way.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 30, 2011, 08:04:45 am by idler »
I know people at my work earn more than me but not one that does the same job.
The players will accept a team mate being on more but if it's three times as much they won't be happy.
Football is a team game you need all of the squad pulling together.:scarf:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 30, 2011, 09:32:43 am by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"Boomstick\" post=154138
Should have kept that team together, it showed incredible short sightedness in splitting it up and cashing in.
It has set us back years, and if we ever get to that level again the board will probably just cash in again.

I think there's a difference between cashing in and what we can afford in this league. We got 1.2 million for Wellens (plus a sell on clause) and if we'd kept him it would have been a massive increase to the wage bill. Same with Matt Mills, we turned down a 2 million bid from Forest and and then accepted Readings bid, which must have obviously been around 2 mil but with better terms for Matt, so again keeping him would have been a massive wage bill increase.

We offered Greeny and Roberts the best deals we could afford (and offered Greeny a testimonial etc) but both turned us down for Derby who were offering silly money.

Unless we get some foreign billionaire deciding to join the board in the near future, or we expand the Keepmoat and start getting 30k fans every week, there's always going to be a limit to what we can do financially in this league.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 30, 2011, 10:44:44 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"idler\" post=154208
I know people at my work earn more than me but not one that does the same job.
The players will accept a team mate being on more but if it's three times as much they won't be happy.
Football is a team game you need all of the squad pulling together.:scarf:

So are you saying that there is unrest at Man Utd because Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are on more than 3 times more wages than some of the other players are on?

I am sure the whole squad is pulling together.

You just have to accept it happens in football. Some players are worth more to the club than others, if it means paying them higher wages then so be it.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 30, 2011, 11:27:50 am by Ian H »
Wellred[/size=4]
What is this obsession some people have with if one player earns a big wage everyone else would want the same?

Do you earn the same as every body else in your company?

I certainly don't and whats more I haven't got a clue what my colleagues earn nor do I care.

I think it's a large corporation / pay grade type of thing where all people doing similar jobs are on a \"scale\".

In my line of work you negotiate your pay / terms & conditions and everyone gets what they end up agreeing on.

In football you get a contract (I think) and if a player is on 5k per week with 2 years left on his contract so be it. If Coppinger negotiated a £8k per week deal last year over 3 years that's his deal. If Locky turned round and said \"When my deal is up I want the same as Copps or I take my talents elsewhere\" that is his choice and the club's decision to negotiate or allow him to leave.

I agree with Mr Wellred - what a player gets is between him and his employer anf F all to do with anyone else ('cept maybe his agent and his missis)

Oh ... Wellens ... Good player ... hope he doesn't get on the pitch

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 30, 2011, 04:44:17 pm by jmt »
Sad to hear the boo's for richie today, he is a rovers great, and loved this club, had we matched or even come within a grand or three I think he would have stayed, enough of all that though, WE ARE STAYING UP! :rtid:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 30, 2011, 04:48:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
AND he was playing for the other team.  I liked him when here and he did well today, MOTM I thought, but he was playing for the other team.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 30, 2011, 04:56:12 pm by mushRTID »
No excuse to boo him. Disgraceful.

Had another good game but thinking back he never had many poor ones!

DavTrav

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 30, 2011, 04:57:57 pm by DavTrav »
I think the boos may have been to him throwing himself on the floor at every possible opportunity whenever anyone came within 3 feet of him!

snods big brother

« Reply #26 on April 30, 2011, 04:58:07 pm by snods big brother »
Got to admit would rather have him in the side than in the side we are playing against - still falls over to easily though!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012