Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 11:33:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tannoy guy  (Read 9005 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Tannoy guy
« on April 30, 2011, 05:21:09 pm by Wellred »
A huge well done for repeatedly telling everyone to stay off the pitch at the end of the game. It must have scared the crap out of the referee as he only played 2 minutes of the 3 minutes shown on the board. He couldn't wait to get off the pich at the end. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Tannoy guy
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2011, 05:38:41 pm by RobTheRover »
Lol

Spot on.  He was halfway down the tunnel before the last echo of the whistle had died away.  Shame we couldnt have got our hands on that excuse for a linesman in front of the west stand.  He was garbage.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2011, 05:41:32 pm by MrFrost »
I'm a bit disapointed more people didn't get onto the pitch.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2011, 05:43:53 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I couldnt understand why they insisted playing ridiculously loud music over the tannoy after the game, they should have let the fans celebrate and show their appreciation without having it drown out by shite music.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2011, 05:47:16 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Redandwhitewhizards\" post=154374
I couldnt understand why they insisted playing ridiculously loud music over the tannoy after the game, they should have let the fans celebrate and show their appreciation without having it drown out by shite music.

I'm with you on that one R&W and stop the bloody music 5 mins. BEFORE KO would be helpful......supporters create atmosphere NOT DJ's! :headbang:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2011, 05:50:33 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154370

Are you aware the club would have been fined? Not to mention the potential danger to our players and Leicesters players from a few idiots. I think the majority of people realised this which is why when the few chavy morons were running round on the pitch every one was booing and chanting for them to get off.

DRFC85

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2011, 05:53:41 pm by DRFC85 »
The fact of the matter is that the fans don't create a fantastic atmosphere when the music isn't on during the actual game… what makes you think the atmosphere would be so good when nothing is happening on the pitch in the 5 mins before?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2011, 05:54:56 pm by MrFrost »
Did we get fined after the Southend game? Or after the Man City game? Or After the Villa game? I've never known a violent pitch invasion at DRFC, they have always been good natured. The club even organised a pitch invasion after we won the title in 2004.

DRFC85

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2011, 05:58:11 pm by DRFC85 »

Why would you want a load of chav's running around on the pitch, i'd prefer to give the lads a clap for getting through a hard season with our championship status in tact…

DRFC85

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2011, 06:02:23 pm by DRFC85 »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154382
Did we get fined after the Southend game? Or after the Man City game? Or After the Villa game? I've never known a violent pitch invasion at DRFC, they have always been good natured. The club even organised a pitch invasion after we won the title in 2004.

I don't think you can technically have an organised pitch invasion… surely an invasion suggests you are not invited to be on the pitch. And besides, all the above occasions have been a reason to celebrate… I don't think not getting relegated is a reason to invade the pitch.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2011, 06:12:44 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"DRFC85\" post=154381
The fact of the matter is that the fans don't create a fantastic atmosphere when the music isn't on during the actual game… what makes you think the atmosphere would be so good when nothing is happening on the pitch in the 5 mins before?

Rubbish there are many in the SS that start singing with the drumbeat only to be drowned out by the fookin music..........how come all those around me make the same comment each and every home game .
Are you saying we are imagining it ? :angry:
Where do you sit ?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2011, 06:15:55 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"DRFC85\" post=154388
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154382

I don't think you can technically have an organised pitch invasion… surely an invasion suggests you are not invited to be on the pitch. And besides, all the above occasions have been a reason to celebrate… I don't think not getting relegated is a reason to invade the pitch.

Of course it is! I imagine if it had been a last day narrow escape, thousands would have been on the pitch, many of whom were probably booing at the few today.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 30, 2011, 06:23:07 pm by Wellred »
Mr Frost, if you actually condone fans running onto the pitch at the end of the game and spoiling it for the thousands who don't then you really are a 1st class pillock.

DRFC85

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 30, 2011, 06:28:23 pm by DRFC85 »
I'm in the WS, towards the SS. It isn't the noisiest area of the stadium, but by the same token it isn't the quietest. I just can't see there being a fantastic atmosphere in the pre-match build up, just because we turn the music down. Especially before the mid winter fixtures.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 30, 2011, 06:29:33 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=154402
Mr Frost, if you actually condone fans running onto the pitch at the end of the game and spoiling it for the thousands who don't then you really are a 1st class pillock.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying turd if people go on to the pitch.
Tell me, did you go onto the pitch when we won League 2? Or When we beat Southend? Or Villa or Man City? Or when we beat Farnborough?

Were you moaning then?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 30, 2011, 06:37:01 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154407

Tell me, did you go onto the pitch when we won League 2? Or When we beat Southend? Or Villa or Man City? Or when we beat Farnborough?

Were you moaning then?

Then you should..........Wellred has made a very good point. Fact is I don't know whether you are mature enough to appreciate exactly what he means. :unsure:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 30, 2011, 06:38:48 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=154410

Were you moaning then?

Then you should..........Wellred has made a very good point. Fact is I don't know whether you are mature enough to appreciate exactly what he means. :unsure:

Don't patronise me. My point is merely to highlight the hypocrites booing today about the few on the pitch who will more than likely have been on the pitch at one of the games I have highlighted.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 30, 2011, 06:40:49 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I'm with Frost on this one, I don't really see the harm in pitch invasions that don't turn nasty.

VikingJames

« Reply #18 on April 30, 2011, 06:41:35 pm by VikingJames »
I went on the pitch when we won League 2, but I was about 11 at the time. :dry:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 30, 2011, 06:45:43 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154411
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=154410

Were you moaning then?

Don't patronise me. My point is merely to highlight the hypocrites booing today about the few on the pitch who will more than likely have been on the pitch at one of the games I have highlighted.

I'm not patronising you I'm saying exactly what your comments tell me about you! Right here goes ..........YOU ARE A PILLOCK. Abuse do you instead ? :P

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 30, 2011, 06:48:42 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Stupid.

Personally I hope that handful of chavvy kids that did get a life ban, make an example of them, its not as if they werent warned enough times.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 30, 2011, 06:49:32 pm by DonnyRTID »
But that's the point, you never know what's going to happen, you only have to look at the incident at Chesterfield to realise pitch invasions can leave a sour taste in the mouth, in more ways than one.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 30, 2011, 06:50:46 pm by MrFrost »
So Wellred, Hoola, Thinwhiteduke, I presume you all stayed in the stands after the games I mentioned?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 30, 2011, 07:34:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Come on Frosty, which one do you mean?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 30, 2011, 07:35:23 pm by Rios »
Firstly I'm ecstatic that it's finally all over and I can stop worrying myself silly like I have done the last few weeks.

Quite frankly the whole pitch invasion encapsulates the sort of club and supporters we've become.  There was a time that we'd have gone onto the pitch regardlesss of what some dick on the tannoy said.  The players would then have gathered at the top of one of the stands and we'd have had a sing on the pitch and everyone would have been happy, including the Leicester fans who got away from the stadium easier.  But now we \"STAY IN YOUR SEATS\"!!!! as we're told and clap politely and don't create any atmosphere.  Much like the team, we're a happy pleasant set of fans that other teams/fans like to visit/chat with, but we have little back bone for the things that make the likes of Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff such intimidating places to go (and I'm not refering to violence).  Teams and oppo fans didn't like going to Belle Vue, they love coming to the Keepmoat.  I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad or a good thing, more an observation as to how we've changed (and not all of us by choice).

As to the original point of this thread... the tannoy man.  He's a real pet hate of mine and today I could quite happily have ripped up half the seats in the south stand so I could throw them at him!  From the horrific music playing after the game, the pathetic repeated announcements to stay off the pitch and worst of all his \"attempts\" at gee-ing up the crowd.  You know what, we're quite capable of letting the players know when they've done well and also when they've been shit especially after a long hard season.  We don't need you drowning out what little atmosphere there is with your ego whilst we try to sing our songs to them when they went on their lap.  I really hope that's the last time I have to listen to him, but I've a horrible feeling the club actually think he's the way forward and that \"cheesy Dj's\" are an essential match day experience.  Maybe in ice hockey but not in football.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 30, 2011, 07:37:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Redandwhitewhizards\" post=154413
I'm with Frost on this one, I don't really see the harm in pitch invasions that don't turn nasty.

Really? Over the years, how many laps of honour by the players that would have happened didn't take place because of the selfish Kitsons on the pitch?

And no, Mr Frost, I've never been on the pitch so don't try to accuse me of being a hypocrite.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 30, 2011, 07:38:13 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=154461
Firstly I'm ecstatic that it's finally all over and I can stop worrying myself silly like I have done the last few weeks.

Quite frankly the whole pitch invasion encapsulates the sort of club and supporters we've become.  There was a time that we'd have gone onto the pitch regardlesss of what some dick on the tannoy said.  The players would then have gathered at the top of one of the stands and we'd have had a sing on the pitch and everyone would have been happy, including the Leicester fans who got away from the stadium easier.  But now we \"STAY IN YOUR SEATS\"!!!! as we're told and clap politely and don't create any atmosphere.  Much like the team, we're a happy pleasant set of fans that other teams/fans like to visit/chat with, but we have little back bone for the things that make the likes of Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff such intimidating places to go (and I'm not refering to violence).  Teams and oppo fans didn't like going to Belle Vue, they love coming to the Keepmoat.  I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad or a good thing, more an observation as to how we've changed (and not all of us by choice).

As to the original point of this thread... the tannoy man.  He's a real pet hate of mine and today I could quite happily have ripped up half the seats in the south stand so I could throw them at him!  From the horrific music playing after the game, the pathetic repeated announcements to stay off the pitch and worst of all his \"attempts\" at gee-ing up the crowd.  You know what, we're quite capable of letting the players know when they've done well and also when they've been shit especially after a long hard season.  We don't need you drowning out what little atmosphere there is with your ego whilst we try to sing our songs to them when they went on their lap.  I really hope that's the last time I have to listen to him, but I've a horrible feeling the club actually think he's the way forward and that \"cheesy Dj's\" are an essential match day experience.  Maybe in ice hockey but not in football.[/quote]

Could not agree more.

Iv been a long timer hater of this t**t, some of the things he was coming out with today were laughable.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 30, 2011, 07:39:05 pm by MrFrost »

As to the original point of this thread... the tannoy man.  He's a real pet hate of mine and today I could quite happily have ripped up half the seats in the south stand so I could throw them at him!  From the horrific music playing after the game, the pathetic repeated announcements to stay off the pitch and worst of all his \"attempts\" at gee-ing up the crowd.  You know what, we're quite capable of letting the players know when they've done well and also when they've been shit especially after a long hard season.  We don't need you drowning out what little atmosphere there is with your ego whilst we try to sing our songs to them when they went on their lap.  I really hope that's the last time I have to listen to him, but I've a horrible feeling the club actually think he's the way forward and that \"cheesy Dj's\" are an essential match day experience.  Maybe in ice hockey but not in football.

Good post Rios and I agree.
Pitch invasions were tradition at Belle Vue after the final home match of every season, and like you said the players would go into the Main Stand and everyone could applaud them.

We lack the pack mentality, and are a happy clappy family club, which personally is half the reason I do not enjoy going half as much as I did at Belle Vue.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 30, 2011, 07:42:40 pm by scuzzer »
I can't stand the grimacing Kitson either. How the f**k he's kept the gig as long as he has is utterly bewildering. Ken Avis would be turning in his grave listening to that t**t.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 30, 2011, 07:44:48 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
...From the horrific music playing after the game.... We don't need you drowning out what little atmosphere there is with your ego whilst we try to sing our songs to them when they went on their lap.

Agree completely. The music/babble that is designed to create an atmosphere actually kills it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012