Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 11:38:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tannoy guy  (Read 9006 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Tannoy guy
« Reply #30 on April 30, 2011, 07:46:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154466
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=154461
Pitch invasions were tradition at Belle Vue after the final home match of every season, and like you said the players would go into the Main Stand and everyone could applaud them.

Apart from the people in the Main Stand, of course, who couldn't see them. But then, you wouldn't care because you could see them from the pitch so that'd have been alright.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 30, 2011, 07:49:28 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=154473
Pitch invasions were tradition at Belle Vue after the final home match of every season, and like you said the players would go into the Main Stand and everyone could applaud them.

Apart from the people in the Main Stand, of course, who couldn't see them. But then, you wouldn't care because you could see them from the pitch so that'd have been alright.

I know, the posts in the Main Stand were a bit of a bas**rd.

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #32 on April 30, 2011, 07:53:50 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
..........so no more piss taking of Steve 'sicknote' Brooker, George is a 'Friend' indeed, is this Tannoy Guy is a relative of Lewis Guy, and hence the stick??

actually isn't it wonderful that this is all we can moan about tonight?
i bet Sheff U would love a hopeless buffoon on the microphone instead of managing the club!

now for a relaxing three months of will Sean/Billy/Stocky stay or go.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 30, 2011, 07:54:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154477

Oscar Wilde is alive and well and posting b*llocks.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 30, 2011, 07:54:47 pm by Rios »

I was in the main stand for the second Conference Cup victory and an end of season pitch invasion in the Conference.  I and the others around me didn't have any problem \"seeing\" or being part of it.  In fact with the players being in the same stand it made me feel more part of it then when I've been on the pitch.

Marmite Man

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 30, 2011, 07:55:15 pm by Marmite Man »
At the beginning of the game I had no interest in going on the pitch but by the 34th time of being asked to stay off it, even I pondered a light jog around the turf.

Just spray the invadees with mace.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 30, 2011, 07:55:47 pm by mushRTID »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=154488
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154477

Oscar Wilde is alive and well and posting b*llocks.

:laugh: Nice one.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 30, 2011, 08:02:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=154489

I was in the main stand for the second Conference Cup victory and an end of season pitch invasion in the Conference.  I and the others around me didn't have any problem \"seeing\" or being part of it.  In fact with the players being in the same stand it made me feel more part of it then when I've been on the pitch.

I couldn't see them (apart from odd player's head bobbing above everybody else's) at all. Didn't even get to see the trophy.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 30, 2011, 08:08:44 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=154500

I couldn't see them (apart from odd player's head bobbing above everybody else's) at all. Didn't even get to see the trophy.

The trophy would have been presented in the Main Stand regardless of apitch invasion or not.

Back to the point though, we have become a set of happy clappy boring fans. You can't even shout a few colourful words without people being funny with you.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 30, 2011, 08:18:38 pm by Rios »

Maybe you should have taken the dozen or so step down to the terracing/pitch?  Like I said for the second trophy I was in the stand, for the first one I was on the pitch.  Apart from your understandable natural aversion to Mr Frost (only kidding Frosty!) I'm not really sure why you've such an issue with this and why all of a sudden it's become such a heanous crime for a couple of hundred/thousand young uns to go on the pitch at the end of the season?  I'm a bit too old for it now, but it was something that we always looked forward too, especially as pitch invasions at Belle Vue just prior to that were for something much more sinister.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 30, 2011, 08:30:29 pm by dumbroofer »
what a set of knobs more than a few of you on here are....one of the lads so ive been told has been hit with a three year banning order for going on the pitch today ....so by that token ,there would be half the crowd there today if that happened after the southend game ...and oh forget it not worth the abuse is it mr frost

thegasworks

« Reply #41 on April 30, 2011, 08:48:06 pm by thegasworks »
The only knobs I saw were the ones that went on the pitch. I'm delighted they've been made an example of as one day it will be the F.A. making an example of a club and I'd hate it to be us.
Harsh lesson for the lad but unless he has hearing issues he was more than aware of the consequences.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 30, 2011, 08:51:25 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"thegasworks\" post=154539
The only knobs I saw were the ones that went on the pitch. I'm delighted they've been made an example of as one day it will be the F.A. making an example of a club and I'd hate it to be us.
Harsh lesson for the lad but unless he has hearing issues he was more than aware of the consequences.

I think the club should study footgae of the Southend game and ban everyone they can identify on the pitch there, including myself.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 30, 2011, 08:53:53 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154541
Quote from: \"thegasworks\" post=154539

I think the club should study footgae of the Southend game and ban everyone they can identify on the pitch there, including myself.

I agree. You should display the courage of your convictions and hand yourself in.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 30, 2011, 08:54:40 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154508

The trophy would have been presented in the Main Stand regardless of apitch invasion or not.

Back to the point though, we have become a set of happy clappy boring fans. You can't even shout a few colourful words without people being funny with you.

Speak for yourself Frosty, I'm neither 'happy clappy' or a verbal saint. Why do you have a problem with those around you .............never mind you have continuously answered my question over the last couple of years.
To answer your question - no I didn't invade the pitch on any of those occasions but was tempted today because of that moron on themic. Quite simply HE HAS TO GO

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 30, 2011, 08:55:35 pm by dumbroofer »
well the gasworks you sir are a knob first class,watch the tv coverage over the next couple o games to see people celebrating up and down the country ...on the pitch.....

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 30, 2011, 08:57:29 pm by MrFrost »
So seeing as we are quick to slate the few on the pitch today, and wishing for them to be banned, should we also have banned all those on the pitch for the Southend game, and all the other games I pointed out?

Jesus, our support would be a bit thread bare then wouldn't it?

The hypocrisy in this thread is unreal.

thegasworks

« Reply #47 on April 30, 2011, 08:58:49 pm by thegasworks »
As I didn't attend the Southend game I couldn't comment on how many warnings were given about not going on the pitch but if it was reiterated as much as it was today and someone was made an example of then I'd have been fine with that too.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 30, 2011, 08:59:23 pm by dumbroofer »
you have hit the nail on the head mr frost

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 30, 2011, 09:02:07 pm by MrFrost »
There were warnings. I didn't count how many unfortunately, I will be sure to next time.
There were also warnings against Villa, Man City, Farnborough, etc.

Imagine the banning orders dished out for those thousands.

Surprisingly, no one was banned or arrested when West Brom fans invaded the pitch at the KM last season. Quick to shit on our own aren't we.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 30, 2011, 09:05:48 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154551
There were warnings. I didn't count how many unfortunately, I will be sure to next time.
There were also warnings against Villa, Man City, Farnborough, etc.

Imagine the banning orders dished out for those thousands.

Surprisingly, no one was banned or arrested when West Brom fans invaded the pitch at the KM last season. Quick to shit on our own aren't we.

Perhaps you just have a persecution complex. Can't think why.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 30, 2011, 09:10:37 pm by ravenrover »
Would someone explain to me what the reason is for going on the pitch after the game? apart from making an absolute arse of yourself.

thegasworks

« Reply #52 on April 30, 2011, 09:19:19 pm by thegasworks »
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=154546
well the gasworks you sir are a knob first class,watch the tv coverage over the next couple o games to see people celebrating up and down the country ...on the pitch.....

A knob who'll be watching Championship football next season though as I managed to control my primitive urges and not run on the pitch.

I'd advise you ask the kid involved to watch it too as its the closest he's going to get to seeing fans celebrating for the next three years.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 30, 2011, 09:23:01 pm by MrFrost »
I wonder how many fans QPR banned last week?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 30, 2011, 09:24:26 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"thegasworks\" post=154554
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=154546

A knob who'll be watching Championship football next season though as I managed to control my primitive urges and not run on the pitch.

I'd advise you ask the kid involved to watch it too as its the closest he's going to get to seeing fans celebrating for the next three years.

Just out of interest (and not that I obviously want to detract form anyone's righteous indignation) but how long does it take to confirm, issue and impose a banning order?

Is four and a bit hours about right?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 30, 2011, 09:51:38 pm by Rios »
I agree with Vaya's sentiments in that I don't want to get in the way of anyones soapbox here, but can we all agree that the t**t on the tannoy needs to be free transferred to MK Dons and get someone from a non-ice hockey or local radio background in next season?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 30, 2011, 11:07:13 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=154431
So Wellred, Hoola, Thinwhiteduke, I presume you all stayed in the stands after the games I mentioned?

I did.....yes...your point being?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 30, 2011, 11:13:47 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=154526
what a set of knobs more than a few of you on here are....one of the lads so ive been told has been hit with a three year banning order for going on the pitch today ....

Yet they were warned that would be the case numerous times throughout the match..so tough shit...he deserves it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 01, 2011, 07:28:08 am by Dagenham Rover »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 01, 2011, 07:29:29 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=154573
Quote from: \"dumbroofer\" post=154526
what a set of knobs more than a few of you on here are....one of the lads so ive been told has been hit with a three year banning order for going on the pitch today ....

Yet they were warned that would be the case numerous times throughout the match..so tough shit...he deserves it.

Yes I stayed in the stand too.

How many times did the idiot need telling, maybe he should plead insanity as  he didn't understand what the announcer was saying?

He deserves everything he gets and if its a 3 year ban then good. Maybe more of the idiots will take notice next time, although I doubt it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012