Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:36:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Drummer Boys  (Read 2262 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
The Drummer Boys
« on April 30, 2011, 07:32:49 pm by RedJ »
..were fantastic today. Big well done to them, particularly the spell they had at the front of the SS.

Shame the people who were willing to sing didn't know half of the songs :laugh: any chance of a section for chants etc on here?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: The Drummer Boys
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2011, 07:42:10 pm by hoolahoop »
They did really well Red, as for the songs we have them on one of our sites. We don't sing that many but I didn't realise or hear loads of folk mouthing/singing the wrong words.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2011, 07:44:54 pm by RedJ »
The one Palace always do, barely anyone knows, or I just can't get enough.

No one posts that much on fanchants or any similar sites, which is where most people I know look for the words.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2011, 07:50:11 pm by Rios »
Being a bit of an old curmudgeon I've always frowned up instruments at footy... but they've been fantastic in the latter part of the season.  Maybe JR could offer them free season tickets on the condition they continue as they definitely make a difference.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2011, 08:02:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Isn't the words for some chants on Zigger Zagger. I'm sure I remember seeing a section dedicated to that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2011, 08:09:27 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=154478
Being a bit of an old curmudgeon I've always frowned up instruments at footy... but they've been fantastic in the latter part of the season.  Maybe JR could offer them free season tickets on the condition they continue as they definitely make a difference.

The main one (he's called DRFC Drummer on here) got a free one :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2011, 08:13:24 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyOsmond\" post=154501
Isn't the words for some chants on Zigger Zagger. I'm sure I remember seeing a section dedicated to that.

Thanks, just seen that. Any chance we could get something like that sorted on here?

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2011, 08:20:50 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154457
..were fantastic today. Big well done to them, particularly the spell they had at the front of the SS.

Shame the people who were willing to sing didn't know half of the songs :laugh: any chance of a section for chants etc on here?

Must say could not agree more. They were fantastic the kid bouncing with the drum trying to gee up the crowd at the front was great

Infact I would say it was probally the best atmosphere all season (home games)
I mean there were lulls in silence but overall I thought it was really good

Bring on next season at the keepmout and hope it continues

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 30, 2011, 08:22:15 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=154517
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154457

Must say could not agree more. They were fantastic the kid bouncing with the drum trying to gee up the crowd at the front was great

Infact I would say it was probally the best atmosphere all season (home games)
I mean there were lulls in silence but overall I thought it was really good

Bring on next season at the keepmout and hope it continues

Definitely. Credit to them.

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 30, 2011, 08:27:08 pm by DonnyHodge »
Can only echo the comments. Spoke to both lads at barnsley away too. Top Job fellas. And one of you jammy buggers got copps boots today!!!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 30, 2011, 08:37:21 pm by vaya »
\"....par-um-p-pum-pum\"

Bing and David stood at the back of the South Stand in casual knitwear. It's a lovely image

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 30, 2011, 08:39:30 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=154530
\"....par-um-p-pum-pum\"

Bing and David stood at the back of the South Stand in casual knitwear. It's a lovely image

:laugh: :thumbsup:

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2011, 12:40:35 pm by DRFC.drummer »
Thank you very much lads appreciated the backing with everybody chanting!  I thought it was better when we was down the front but we got told too move to the back by stewards so we had to but it might be worth me looking into staying down there, what you think guys?  and yes sir JR gave paid for my season ticket himself to get me one!  I have to say though the jumping did me no good every time it hit my legs on the way down or gradiually cut them open and bruised them so not good.  The other kid on the smaller drum is off to uni in Wales next season so want be at many home games so
will be looking for somebody else.
yet again thanks for the praise and see you at boro, and with the drum!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2011, 12:42:27 pm by RedJ »
Definitely look into being able to be at the front pal! was quality!

Just a thought - maybe get some padding for your legs? :P

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2011, 12:56:59 pm by washyrover »
Quote from: \"DRFC.drummer\" post=154670
Thank you very much lads appreciated the backing with everybody chanting!  I thought it was better when we was down the front but we got told too move to the back by stewards so we had to but it might be worth me looking into staying down there, what you think guys?  and yes sir JR gave paid for my season ticket himself to get me one!  I have to say though the jumping did me no good every time it hit my legs on the way down or gradiually cut them open and bruised them so not good.  The other kid on the smaller drum is off to uni in Wales next season so want be at many home games so
will be looking for somebody else.
yet again thanks for the praise and see you at boro, and with the drum!
Great job boys,throught stewards were toss pots. You made the atmosphere alot better when you  came to the front maybe jr could sort the toss pots out,sorry i should say stewards.

donnypaul

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2011, 12:59:26 pm by donnypaul »
they should get a mega phone like the japs and german fans do to call out instructions to the crowd to get them going

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2011, 02:14:00 pm by DRFC.drummer »
yeah padding would be a great investment!  well somebody who wrote on here was going to being a megaphone but it never came, would be a good idea like..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2011, 02:26:19 pm by RedJ »
Why not PM Gartom? he could probably sort something out with JR. It was definitely loads better when you guys went down to the front - just wondering, what did the stewards say to yous?

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2011, 02:29:52 pm by DRFC.drummer »
what about who sorry?
yeah we might need too sort something out..
told us to go to the back because were blocking pathways and were enhansing the chances of a pitch invasion.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2011, 02:42:23 pm by RedJ »
Oh - he's the main man in the VSC - send him a personal message about it - http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=3986&Itemid=68 (this should work)

And I can see about blocking pathways, but weren't you guys bouncing on the front few rows? and it's not as if tonnes were leaving at that time, if you were doing it on the track thing in front of the stands.

DRFC.drummer

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2011, 02:53:15 pm by DRFC.drummer »
iv got JR's email anyways so ill get in touch with him.  if it works at the front it might be worth trying to get on that track bit as it would prob be best idea.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2011, 02:56:55 pm by RedJ »
Oh, even better! & yeah, that'd make it a bit safer too :)

thegasworks

« Reply #22 on May 01, 2011, 03:47:51 pm by thegasworks »
Fully agree with everything said in this post. I've got to put my hands up and say I wasn't the biggest supporter of us using a drum and I stand by the point that a lot of the originality of Rovers songs from years gone by have all but ended.
However we reside in a stadium now that struggles to create the kind of stmosphere at B.V. and we need to make the best of what we've got and both of you did a fantastic job in getting the crowd stirred. I can confirm that it roused even those in the corporate seats with me into a bit of a song.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2011, 03:50:31 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"thegasworks\" post=154731
Fully agree with everything said in this post. I've got to put my hands up and say I wasn't the biggest supporter of us using a drum and I stand by the point that a lot of the originality of Rovers songs from years gone by have all but ended.
However we reside in a stadium now that struggles to create the kind of stmosphere at B.V. and we need to make the best of what we've got and both of you did a fantastic job in getting the crowd stirred. I can confirm that it roused even those in the corporate seats with me into a bit of a song.

Christ, keep it up and we'll have the East Stand Hardcore Corporate Box Ultras bouncing :P :laugh:

good to hear! the people near me comment regularly on how little you hear from the east and west stands

TinyPortal © 2005-2012