Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:38:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ins and outs  (Read 3694 times)

danny1

• Forum Member
ins and outs
« on May 01, 2011, 11:49:04 am by danny1 »
now that the rovers are comformed in the championship for another season, who would be your ins and out.

outs

sullivan
brooker
wilson
hird
webster
burge
lockwood
moussa ( back in club)
mills ( back to club)

ins

murphy ( Scunthorpe united ) free
williams ( reading ) free
kilgallon ( sunderland )400,000
JET ( arsenal ) season loan
howard ( reading ) free
keogh ( wolves ) 500,000
davies (cheasterfield ) free

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

I-was-there1976

Re: ins and outs
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2011, 11:55:06 am by I-was-there1976 »
and a wage bill of 20 million

Gibbo123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2011, 12:19:24 pm by Gibbo123 »
outs:

sullivan
brooker
webster
souza
burge
lockwood
thomas
keep hird good young prospect still only 23
try and keep mills and mason.

ins:
like the sound of keogh and murphy.
an experinced cb who can run! a box to box 6foot midfielder.

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2011, 12:24:30 pm by redrover19 »
Brooker?
:saywhat:

after the 25 yard screamer are you mad

Gibbo123

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2011, 12:29:57 pm by Gibbo123 »
pay as you play deal for brooker then?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2011, 12:31:35 pm by Metalmicky »
Why would you get rid of Ryan Burge - have you seen him play regularly?  

Reading some of the plaudits he received whilst at Oxford he is exactly the sort of player who should be retained and developed - still just a young lad also.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2011, 12:32:21 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Gibbo123\" post=154663
pay as you play deal for brooker then?

That'd be fair to him, and to the club (it'd give him a chance to repay the club for their patience, and maybe go on to earn his place in the side).

donnypaul

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2011, 01:14:29 pm by donnypaul »
think we should be raiding sheff utd youth squad surely we could tempt some cheaply

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2011, 01:14:44 pm by redrover19 »
I would add Fairhurst to the out list

if he isnt going to be played get him off the pay role

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2011, 01:29:23 pm by Filo »
On the \"ins\" list, I would like us to go for Henderson, wages and any potential fee might prove a stumbling block, but coming back to his home town might be appealing for him. Murphy is on a Bosman and we would be foolish not to make an inquiry about a good keeper thats already based locally. Kilkenny is also on a Bosman and would be a good addition to our midfield. I would think Hume at Preston would n`t fancy dropping into league 1 and looks a handful up front. A cheeky enquiry for Mason, either permanent or loan

AzzA424

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2011, 01:35:57 pm by AzzA424 »
murphy ( Scunthorpe united ) free
williams ( reading ) free
kilgallon ( sunderland )400,000
JET ( arsenal ) season loan
howard ( reading ) free
keogh ( wolves ) 500,000
davies (cheasterfield ) free

These are some pretty realistic transfers, as are enquiries to Kilkenny & Hume.

However, wage bill might again prove a huge hurdle, depending on who leaves. Only other problem I can see is the £900,000 price tag on both Keogh & Kilgallon so I'd rule those out. (would still salivate at the thought of Keogh and Sharp reunited up front though)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2011, 02:31:37 pm by RedJ »
Depending on how badly Sunderland want Kilgallon off their pay role, his price may be reduced somewhat (more hope than expectation - it is business after all).

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2011, 03:46:52 pm by DRFCSouth »
Having seen both Williams and Howard play at Reading I wouldn't bother with Williams for sure. He hasn't played all season there and has been poor when he played at the start of the season. Howard just does the simple things and not much more, no better than the current midfield to be honest. Think we need to be gambling on some lower league talent.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2011, 03:58:24 pm by Wellred »
Why would we want to spend good money and huge wages on Kilgallon when we have a better left sided CB in George Friend?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2011, 04:03:26 pm by Metalmicky »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=154736
Why would we want to spend good money and huge wages on Kilgallon when we have a better left sided CB in George Friend?

^^^^^this^^^^^

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2011, 04:12:21 pm by DRFCSouth »
Just been looking through players out of contract and some of these would be worth a shot, not sure what their wages would be like but some interesting names all the same. I think the defence is the hardest to deal with as there seems to be a lack of quality for the right amount of money or on a freebie.

Hal Robson-Kanu - Seen at Reading, understudy to McAnuff, will probably be given a deal by Reading but in the right team, he could flourish into a really good left winger.

Darryl Flahavan - One option for replacing Sully, got experience as well.

Joe Murphy - Already done to death on the forum.

Jamie Ashdown - Probably unknown to many but a steady keeper.

Joe Garner - Sure Rovers looked at him a few years ago?

Nathan Tyson - Wages might be a stumbling block on this one.

Sean St Ledger - Wages questionable again.

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2011, 04:18:03 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
for next seasons line up i would like to see

gk. (murphy?)

df. oconnor
df. a new center back (kilgallon?)
df. friend
df. dumbuya

mf. stock
mf. oster
mf. coppinger
mf. gillett or a new midfielder (kilkenny?)

st. sharp
st. (keogh?) or (henderson?)

subs
woods
martis
woods
shiels
keegan
hayter
euell

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2011, 04:31:32 pm by Jonathan »
One thing I think this season has taught us is that it's a squad game and adequate cover is needed in all positions, we have been exposed this term and that is why an almost competitive first team has been reduced to one that has been battling at the bottom.

We could do with clearing the decks a little and making room in the squad for some improvements. At present we have too many players that are not good enough, particularly at centre half. We all know the obvious names that we could do with offloading, so priorities on the incomings front in my opinion are:

A dominant central defender with leadership qualities to play alongside George Friend
Cover in central defence assuming we offload some of the current crop
A left back
Ryan Mason
At least one striker

I don't think we need to be thinking about paying out huge fees for players, we all know the Sharp signing was a bit of a one off and the priority is to keep him now and fill some of the voids around him.

There are some interesting 'free transfers' that will be kicking about, I just hope we get in early rather than waiting for contracts to expire in July, by which time most clubs have picked off the best ones.

Joe Murphy would be an excellent signing, Joe Garner also an interesting option as he has proved he can score at this level. Andy Keogh's price should have dropped significantly after a bit of a wasted season, but whether it's fallen in our range is questionable. Kilkenny will probably have some higher level interest than us although I'm sure O'Driscoll will be monitoring the situation as he has consistently over the years. Kilgallon would be a waste of money as something is obviously not right otherwise he would be in the team now. I would love to see us get Ryan Mason back, it could be worth seeing what kind of fee Spurs would accept as he is likely to be a long way down the pecking order there and he is the sort that would be an investment for a club like us, destined for the top level one day.

Finally, we need to get to the root of these injury problems as no club can cope with what we've had this season, it surely has to be more than coincedence when that many players are crocked.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2011, 04:39:50 pm by wabtec »
sod says he needs a left back two going on bosmans I think are Billy Jones at Preston and Carl Dickenson at stoke was on loan at Barnsley both good championship full backs imo.on the outs list is shiels out of contract.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2011, 04:48:50 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"wabtec\" post=154751
sod says he needs a left back two going on bosmans I think are Billy Jones at Preston and Carl Dickenson at stoke was on loan at Barnsley both good championship full backs imo.on the outs list is shiels out of contract.

Both of those would be ideal but I think Jones has been attracting Premiership interest.

Shiels has another year on his contract by the way.

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2011, 05:48:39 pm by ljm-drfc »
Id like us to sign:

Murphy, Joe Mills, Mason, Euell, a Box to box midfielder and a Centre Half to partner Friend. I'd have Euell over Henderson because he's scored more goals for us than Henderson has for Sheff Utd this season and i've been impressed with Euell's passion and ability since he joined. :rtid:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2011, 06:02:53 pm by Filo »
Not totally sure on this but Euell has scored 3 goals for us, Henderson has scored 3 goals in his last 2 games

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 01, 2011, 06:11:07 pm by Townender »
See if Chris Brown would like to stay in the championship.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2011, 07:02:32 pm by Shawndrfc »
outs

sullivan
brooker
wilson
webster
burge
lockwood
moussa ( back in club)
Euell
John Oster - tbh he has done nothing this season and hasn't looked bothered.
ins

Joe Murphy - According to some reports on here its done and dusted. Good keeper and I hope he does sign.

Joe Mills - Done well here and I hope he does sign for us.

Will Hoskins - Has done great at Bristol Rovers and might welcome a return to Yorkshire.

Neil Kilkenny - Some with a bite of a mouth and likes a tackle, something we have been missing.

Ryan Mason - Another Season long loan.

Chris Brown - A different type of striker, I feel he would benefit us.

Still think another CB is needed aswell, also another midfield, someone abit more creative like oster but who looks bothered and will tackle.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 01, 2011, 09:18:54 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=154747
One thing I think this season has taught us is that it's a squad game and adequate cover is needed in all positions, we have been exposed this term and that is why an almost competitive first team has been reduced to one that has been battling at the bottom.

We could do with clearing the decks a little and making room in the squad for some improvements. At present we have too many players that are not good enough, particularly at centre half. We all know the obvious names that we could do with offloading, so priorities on the incomings front in my opinion are:

A dominant central defender with leadership qualities to play alongside George Friend
Cover in central defence assuming we offload some of the current crop
A left back
Ryan Mason
At least one striker

I don't think we need to be thinking about paying out huge fees for players, we all know the Sharp signing was a bit of a one off and the priority is to keep him now and fill some of the voids around him.

There are some interesting 'free transfers' that will be kicking about, I just hope we get in early rather than waiting for contracts to expire in July, by which time most clubs have picked off the best ones.

Joe Murphy would be an excellent signing, Joe Garner also an interesting option as he has proved he can score at this level. Andy Keogh's price should have dropped significantly after a bit of a wasted season, but whether it's fallen in our range is questionable. Kilkenny will probably have some higher level interest than us although I'm sure O'Driscoll will be monitoring the situation as he has consistently over the years. Kilgallon would be a waste of money as something is obviously not right otherwise he would be in the team now. I would love to see us get Ryan Mason back, it could be worth seeing what kind of fee Spurs would accept as he is likely to be a long way down the pecking order there and he is the sort that would be an investment for a club like us, destined for the top level one day.

Finally, we need to get to the root of these injury problems as no club can cope with what we've had this season, it surely has to be more than coincedence when that many players are crocked.

Great post.

Realistic and ambitious to our means. We do need to look at this problem with injuries as well. We rarely see players pulling up in games though. Cantley Park? Training schedule?

I think we should go out of our way to get Keogh, Kilkenny, and Murphy.

Also, Id imagine that young lad Arsenal loaned the Bladeswould be open to a loan move again. Kyle Bartley. Would add the pace element to a George Friend pairing at the back as an alternative to Thomas or Martis when we have to negotiate a rapid striker like Danny Haynes, Bellamy or similar. Mason NEEDS to be retained.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 01, 2011, 09:49:28 pm by jonrover »
I'd pretty much echo what Jonathan posted too. We have a number of centre halves who are not good enough, and are desperately in need on a Matt Mills type character who can organise things at the back. Its just a shame we let Greer go in my because opinion I feel he would have been perfect if we'd have been patient with him. I'd move heaven and earth to recruit both Joseph Mills and Ryan Mason next season. And I'd like to think we'd be in the market for someone like Craig Davies or Adam Le Fondre to partner Billy, as well as Joe Murphy to replace Sully, whom I have also heard is a done deal.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 01, 2011, 10:05:39 pm by paddymacca »
I would say:

Out

Sullivan
Thomas
Wilson
Moussa (Loan end)
Mills (Loan end)
Euell (Loan end)
Mason (Loan end)
Souza
Keegan
Burge
Webster

Ins
Joe Murphy
Moussa (Surely won't get a game back at Leicester and would love him back)
Kilgallon (Not 100% on him, but a full pre season and maybe for a decent price could be worth a shout)
Chris Brown
Jason Euell (wages depending)
Joseph Mills

Potential loans for next season
Ryan Mason (Spurs)
Reece Brown (Man United)

Keep Steve Brooker on a pay-as -you play deal

DN3Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 01, 2011, 10:30:44 pm by DN3Rover »
Think too many of you lot have been play championship manager to be honest. Seriously as if we are going to be able to afford players like Killgallon,Henderson Keogh(Any one of those) etc. We are Donny Rovers we'll do well to hold to our best players after this season.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 01, 2011, 10:37:54 pm by paddymacca »
I would think maybe either Kilgallon or Henderson would be a realistic shout, particularly as Killa hasn't played consistently for any club because of injury for a year or two and i can't see sunderland keeping him, and Henderson has been relegated with Sheff Utd. Granted, wages would be the problem.

Keogh, i don't see as a realistic target. Wolves may come down, if they do i think they will keep him. If not anyone from Cardiff, QPR, Norwich, Notts Forest etc even Blackpool will probably go for him i think.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 01, 2011, 10:46:55 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DN3Rover\" post=154857
Think too many of you lot have been play championship manager to be honest. Seriously as if we are going to be able to afford players like Killgallon,Henderson Keogh(Any one of those) etc. We are Donny Rovers we'll do well to hold to our best players after this season.

Football Manager for me :thumbsup: CM is w**k :laugh:  :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012