Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:39:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ins and outs  (Read 3695 times)

DN3Rover

• Forum Member
Re: ins and outs
« Reply #30 on May 01, 2011, 10:50:45 pm by DN3Rover »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154864
Quote from: \"DN3Rover\" post=154857
Think too many of you lot have been play championship manager to be honest. Seriously as if we are going to be able to afford players like Killgallon,Henderson Keogh(Any one of those) etc. We are Donny Rovers we'll do well to hold to our best players after this season.

Football Manager for me :thumbsup: CM is w**k :laugh:  :chair:

Oh yerr tis like, school boy error right there if there ever was one :blush:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 01, 2011, 10:52:45 pm by paddymacca »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=154864
Quote from: \"DN3Rover\" post=154857
Think too many of you lot have been play championship manager to be honest. Seriously as if we are going to be able to afford players like Killgallon,Henderson Keogh(Any one of those) etc. We are Donny Rovers we'll do well to hold to our best players after this season.

Football Manager for me :thumbsup: CM is w**k :laugh:  :chair:

I agree, Football manager is better than CM :laugh:

Seriously though, i don't think Killgallon or Henderson would be a bad shout, wages permitting mind. But lets not forget, a lot of us thought we wouldn't get Billy because of Wages.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 01, 2011, 10:56:06 pm by RedJ »
That's all it comes down to really - there's no doubt there's people willing to play for us, but wages always get int he way, such as in Ritchie's case.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 02, 2011, 08:52:38 am by Lesonthewest »
Some good shouts in this thread. It's obvious we need to improve defensively & we have missed a fit Chambers in my opinion, hopefully he can come back next season fully fit. A commanding mobile centre half is a must & I would also like us to go for the lad Chris Taylor at Oldham, bags of energy, can play a bit & slot in anywhere in midfield or at left back, just the type of player we need.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 02, 2011, 09:03:39 am by DonnyNoel »
I like the idea of buying Mason. He will only get better in which case he'll do great things for the next 10-15 years or we'll get a Matt Mills type situation where his value increases 6x over a season. It'll be interesting to see Spurs thoughts regarding him - do they really see him as a top 4 player when they have Lennon and Bale who are both still young.

I've posted in the other thread on this but I go along with most of the points made, we need a defensive reshuffle, and by that not just perhaps the defenders but the guys who are supposed to protect them but haven't for a season now. Any defender out of contract should be nervous. I'd love to see Mills back again next season and us get into a position where JOC can concentrate on being a full back again.

The point on injuries is also a good one. Whilst we struggle in that department we will always be mathematically inclined to build a squad around quantity not quality.

My only other point would be not to try and replace Sulli on the cheap. These last few months aside, his time with us has been first class and if we have to pay top wages to replace him then so be it.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 02, 2011, 09:37:58 am by jonnydog »
As much as I hate to mention, but Could SOD not still be on the possible 'out' list?

Once all these relegated/under-achieving clubs start weilding the Axe for a new manager to re-build for the next season, SURELY SODs name will get drawn into the mix once more.

... How many years has his contract got left to run, and if this happens what would a realistic compensation fee be do we think??

:rtid:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 02, 2011, 09:48:33 am by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=154937
As much as I hate to mention, but Could SOD not still be on the possible 'out' list?

Once all these relegated/under-achieving clubs start weilding the Axe for a new manager to re-build for the next season, SURELY SODs name will get drawn into the mix once more.

... How many years has his contract got left to run, and if this happens what would a realistic compensation fee be do we think??

:rtid:

Thankfully he's on a 3 year rolling contract, meaning he always has 3 years left to go in an attempt to to ward suitors off. In the past we asked Burnley for £1m+.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012