Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:43:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who would be...  (Read 1896 times)

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
Who would be...
« on May 01, 2011, 10:12:10 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
your player of the season?

I'd have to say George, consistantly good throughout the second half of the season and has proved many doubters wrong since his switch to centre half and all this despite having rarely had a consistent defensive partner alongside him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Who would be...
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2011, 10:14:48 pm by RedJ »
George, definitely.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2011, 10:15:08 pm by paddymacca »
Steve Brooker for the goal that kept us up :laugh:

Seriously though, i would probably go with JOC.

DN3Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2011, 10:24:32 pm by DN3Rover »
Yeah GF is a good shout for me, closely followed by Sharp though for obvious reasons. Got to say though sorry Paddy i think JOC has been very poor this season and nowhere near the standard hes been in previous seasons. What the fudge has happened with him i really don't know.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2011, 10:29:25 pm by paddymacca »
Fair do's DN3Rover, all be honest i've missed most of the games this season with a double fracture of the tibia and also broken ankle, but the games i did see i thought JOC did well.

Can't really comment on player of the year otherwise, because i haven't got the foggiest.

I'll probably stick with my first answer of Brooker then, just because of that goal on Saturday :scarf:

DN3Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2011, 10:41:32 pm by DN3Rover »
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=154856
Fair do's DN3Rover, all be honest i've missed most of the games this season with a double fracture of the tibia and also broken ankle, but the games i did see i thought JOC did well.

Can't really comment on player of the year otherwise, because i haven't got the foggiest.

I'll probably stick with my first answer of Brooker then, just because of that goal on Saturday :scarf:

Wooah shit, sounds like you had an unlucky year with injuries too, you didn't have the same Physio as John Dickens by any chance did you ;) We all have opinions though mate and its quite weird how people watch the same games and still have different perceptions. Like my dad for example has been to just about every game i have bar a few away games and still thinks Friend is shocking and im the total opposite i think hes been outstanding.

Wish Jimmy would get back to his old self though. I remember the end of last season and he was linked with the Blades and i was so glad we kept hold of him cos he was brilliant last year not so sure now.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2011, 10:50:11 pm by paddymacca »
Quote from: \"DN3Rover\" post=154861
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=154856

Wooah shit, sounds like you had an unlucky year with injuries too, you didn't have the same Physio as John Dickens by any chance did you ;) We all have opinions though mate and its quite weird how people watch the same games and still have different perceptions. Like my dad for example has been to just about every game i have bar a few away games and still thinks Friend is shocking and im the total opposite i think hes been outstanding.

Wish Jimmy would get back to his old self though. I remember the end of last season and he was linked with the Blades and i was so glad we kept hold of him cos he was brilliant last year not so sure now.

Hope so as well. He was exceptional last year, but as football so often goes, nothing or no-ones perfect. Everyone has there ups and downs. I watched Friend play at the start of the season at left back and i thought he started off fairly well to be honest. I have heard all the good reviews on his CB performances as well so i suppose only SOD knows what's best for him, but i suppose CB might well be it.

As for the injury, let's just say i'll be looking both ways next time when crossing :)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2011, 11:15:17 pm by DaveDRFC »
I would say Friend has to be most improved player, not sure about player of the season though. He missed a big chunk of it through injury but then who didn't? Fairly hard to pick a player of the season when most of them only played two thirds of the games!

If I had to choose though I would say O'Connor, fair enough he's not reached the standard of previous years but he has had to play in every position across the back 4 and has probably only had 1 or 2 bad games. Coupled with the fact he is a top bloke then he definitely gets my vote!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2011, 11:58:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can only be one player. Virtually no injuries, got off to a flyer but as the season wore on and all around him they were dropping like flies, he stuck to his task and flew the flag.

James Coppinger.

For me, yesterday he showed what it meant when he sprinted back 50 yards and put a tackle in after they equalised. The ref gave a free kick but it showed that Copps is willing to put himself on the line unlike Oster who makes an artform out of neshing out of challenges.

Mills, Wellens, Green, Roberts etc may have gone but this guy has DRFC written right through him.

VikingJames

« Reply #9 on May 01, 2011, 11:59:14 pm by VikingJames »
Billy Sharp. No contest for me.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2011, 12:19:58 am by RedJ »
Copps and Hayts would be a close second and third for me, but it's got to be George for me.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2011, 06:33:26 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Lets be in no doubt its Billy that has kept us up .....so no brainer BS for me!

Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=154879
Billy Sharp. No contest for me.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2011, 08:32:45 am by DonnyNoel »
Gorgeous George is certainly the most improved player of the season but not the player of the season for me (although young enough to be young player of the season?). A full season next season like the last 2 months and he'll be a shoe in for the award next year I reckon.

So hard to choose for all the wrong reasons. So many injuries. Even the more consistent players (Sharp, JOC, Stock, Copps) have had wobbly spells throughout the season. Someone mentioned Copps above, for me he has had quiet spells but then he's been injury free so when you play that many games your bound to have some quiet ones whereas you look at someone like Gillett who hasn't had a really bad game but then hasn't had the same number of games so maybe I was being harsh discounting Copps.

That said I'm going to go with Hayter in front of Billy. A couple of spells out injured I know but certainly one of our most consistent performers. Always a grafter, always willing to play that left wing target man role and got a couple of good scoring runs going.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 02, 2011, 09:39:43 am by jonnydog »
My top three.

1.) Gorgeous
2.) Billy
3.) Copps

... Simples  :kiss:

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 02, 2011, 09:48:53 am by Rover By The Tyne »
GF has certainly found his feet at centre-half and if he had been there for the whole season and been as consistent as he's been, then hands down he would get the award. But for me it's a tough decision between Copps and Billy. No doubt Billy is Billy and he brings more to the game than his goals (which have kept us up). He's a passionate player who wants to score and is a wizard in the box and has given us some great moments this season. His double at bramall lane/glanford park inparticular IMO.

As for Copps he has been consistently good all season and been a problem for teams all term. He's been unplayable at times. And let's not forget his hatrick against Norwich and his nut-meg on Bellamy haha.

But if I had to choose, it's gotta be Billy, clearly his goals have kept us in it despite being sidelined for 2 lengthy spells. A fully fit Sharp next season who performs consistently could take us places.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 02, 2011, 09:50:46 am by RedJ »
Since it's so hard to decide, why don't we use an Alternative Voting system? :thumbsup: :laugh:

opinionated old git

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 02, 2011, 09:52:13 am by opinionated old git »
Copps for me.

One of the few that has been injury free and I feel he's had his best season for us this year. More consistent than ever before, which has always been his weakness.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012