Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 08:32:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp and Stock  (Read 1550 times)

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
Sharp and Stock
« on May 05, 2011, 01:58:02 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
A journalist on twitter who works for Yorkshire radio has been interviewing  Copps today and tweeted \"Billy sharp could return for #drfc this weekend but skipper brian stock could be out until xmas as he has ankle op next weds #hugeblow\" don't know whether to be happy or cry. Be great to see Billy but missing Stocky is a massive blow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
Re: Sharp and Stock
« Reply #1 on May 05, 2011, 02:47:19 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Good news about Sharp, surely a ankle op wouldn't take 8 months? don't worry im not shooting the messenger.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 05, 2011, 03:12:53 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=155462
Good news about Sharp, surely a ankle op wouldn't take 8 months? don't worry im not shooting the messenger.

I suppose it depends on how complex it is, but I would think even the crapiest of surgeon`s could knock out an ankle op in a couple of hours!

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 05, 2011, 03:15:26 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
Yeah, it does seem a long time. Maybe it's a mixture of his back as well as his ankle.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 05, 2011, 03:57:48 pm by DMnumber4 »
My mate who works for YR text me with this news. Sack the plonker who deemed him a) fit enough and b) worthy of a new contract. Because he's neither!

TWO million pounds he was worth, be lucky if we got two-bloody-bob for the lad.

:headbang:

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 05, 2011, 05:48:42 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=155462

Just ask Steve Brooker how long ankle injuries take to get sorted! :chair:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 06, 2011, 06:24:10 pm by The Red Baron »
The story in the Star basically backs this up. Billy could play to test out his groin. Stock is having reconstructive surgery- which means that he's got ligament damage. They won't really know how bad until they get in and have a look.

Interesting that Brooker is having an op. It was mentioned that he needed the \"other\" ankle doing and this sounds fairly straightforward. I wonder if this means he's being offered something for next season?

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 06, 2011, 07:19:35 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
Yeah, read about Brooker earlier. it will be interesting to see if he does. Personally, i would release him. Its just been said that SOD's wage budget is maxed out and we need that cutting down. As much as i'm thankful for Brooker's goal last week. 2 Goals in the last 2 seasons isn't good enough.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 06, 2011, 08:10:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Adam_DRFC\" post=155670
Yeah, read about Brooker earlier. it will be interesting to see if he does. Personally, i would release him. Its just been said that SOD's wage budget is maxed out and we need that cutting down. As much as i'm thankful for Brooker's goal last week. 2 Goals in the last 2 seasons isn't good enough.

It depends on Brooker's impact on the overall budget doesn't it surely ? If we can a) keep him fit b)tone and sharpen him up, then he may well prove to be a quality impact player for us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012