Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:14:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A new job  (Read 5829 times)

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
A new job
« on May 21, 2011, 08:17:08 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
hello does anyone know if there are any jobs going around doncaster because i am fed up of commuting to leeds every day and it takes up to £150 out of my wages each month just for diesel i need about £8.50 an hour at least cheers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: A new job
« Reply #1 on May 21, 2011, 08:25:07 am by Barmby Rover »
Whatever you do, don't jump ship and then look. Jobs are at a premium at the moment.I have to try to find them in and around York for folks, and it isn't easy.

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 21, 2011, 09:16:42 am by keepmoatman »
might help if u told us what you actually specialize in :headbang:

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 21, 2011, 05:16:16 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
to be honest i dont mind what i do i work in a warehouse at the min but i have worked as a landscape gardner for 2 and a half years and i fitted roller shutters for 2 years.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 21, 2011, 05:36:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Gotta say the Leeds commute does my head in a bit aswell.  I'm another after a new job but at least I have one for now unlike some who were in my company.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 21, 2011, 06:44:56 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=157899
to be honest i dont mind what i do i work in a warehouse at the min but i have worked as a landscape gardner for 2 and a half years and i fitted roller shutters for 2 years.

There are six hundred jobs going in warehousing at Sherburn in Elmet at the moment, not quite as far as Leeds, it is being recruited by Blue Arrow recruitment operating through Castleford JCP. I don't have the number on me but I could get it if you're interested on Monday when I'm back at work.

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 22, 2011, 08:37:24 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
no i have a perm job at the min and blue arrow are an agency and i dont think it will be as much monney as i need.

thank you very much for the offer.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 22, 2011, 08:54:28 am by Filo »
Agency `s use the job centre plus website to con people to sign up with them! My lad responded to a job advertised on there, rang up and was sent for an amazon assessment test, which he passed, he was then invited to the 2nd stage recruiting process, in actual fact this 2nd stage was just a form filling in session to get him signed up for the agency, that was over a month ago and still no sign of any work for him!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 22, 2011, 01:43:57 pm by BLIR »
Was the agency in question PMP?

If so, don't hold your breath as they are absolute dogshit:angry:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 22, 2011, 01:57:55 pm by Filo »
Quest employment at Carr Hill

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 22, 2011, 07:30:26 pm by Barmby Rover »
It is true agencies do advertise non-existant jobs at times. The ones at Sherburn ARE full time and do exist. It is the new distribution centre for Debenhams. I will still post the number on here in case any body is interested. I don't have a vested interest in the recruitment by the way, this isn't some sort of pitch.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 22, 2011, 07:55:12 pm by not on facebook »
i was in a bar last nite and some chap told us that there
was thousands of jobs  in 'jepordy' wherever that is.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 24, 2011, 11:27:24 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=157802
hello does anyone know if there are any jobs going around doncaster because i am fed up of commuting to leeds every day and it takes up to £150 out of my wages each month just for diesel i need about £8.50 an hour at least cheers.

To be honest mate...Ive worked for Yorkshire Water for 17 years now - and I could not wish for a better employer.

They constantly need Meter Readers, Water Technicians, Waste Water Technicians, Pumping Station Operators etc and as long as you are keen and enthusiastic they pretty much train on the job.

I have no fuel costs for travelling or transport costs at all, (they provide the vehicle with a fueld card). 37 hours a week, 25 days rising to 28 days holiday a year, good pension scheme - and work really hard to give their employees a good work / life balance (ie flexible working arrangements).

We are about to adopt an additional 22000 km of sewer, and are recruiting accordingly:

http://www.yorkshirewater.com/careers.aspx

http://www.yorkshirewater.com/careers/the-big-transfer-vacancies.aspx

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 24, 2011, 02:05:34 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
cheers for that i will look it up do you know the rate of pay and which is the best position to go for ?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 24, 2011, 03:16:36 pm by Barmby Rover »
Blue Arrow are taking folks on for three months and then get transferred over to permanent positions with DHL. Rate of pay for warehouse workers is £6.50 per hour, but they are also recruiting management and services roles as well, at appropriate rates. If anybody wants to call the number is 0800 3134980.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 24, 2011, 03:54:01 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=158410
cheers for that i will look it up do you know the rate of pay and which is the best position to go for ?

If your asking me then 'Customer Solutions Technicians' are a great way into the Company. Starting at £17000 a year (£9.50 on a 37 hour week / 148 hour pay period).

Click this link:

Pick the second tab on the blue box about half way down entitles 'Service Delivery' (next to 'Customer Experience). It states the vacancy is closed but there will be lots more of them in the coming weeks - its worth giving 'em a call and expressing an interest - they really really like that sort of thing.

Dont pay any attention to the listed 'Key Skills' - they arent essential and as long as you have an ability to learn, they are willing to teach.

Good luck whatever you decide.

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 24, 2011, 09:02:31 pm by billdoor »
Tesco in Goole are looking for people. Next in Armthorpe always looking for people. Can you speck Polish? It'll help making friends.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 24, 2011, 09:04:29 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"billdoor\" post=158535
Tesco in Goole are looking for people. Next in Armthorpe always looking for people. Can you speck Polish? It'll help making friends.

What agency do Next use?

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 25, 2011, 11:43:31 am by Savvy »
Have you had dealings with them Biglad? I had the mis-fortune last year and got robbed of accrued holiday pay, starting back in Rail training before I could pursue the matter so they got away with it the barrrstands!!!!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 25, 2011, 03:11:28 pm by BLIR »
I got shafted by them before Christmas Pete - I wanted in at Amazon as it's an environment I'd be comfortable in. Talked to PMP, did the assessment and drugs test etc and was given a start date. Quit my job the day before and turned up at Amazon to be told I wasn't needed.

Spoke to PMP and was given a \"tough shit\" shrug of the shoulders from a bird that couldn't care less.

I was therefore unemployed and, although I found another job pretty quickly, I was short on wages and very angry with them.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 25, 2011, 03:21:57 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"BLIR\" post=158717
I got shafted by them before Christmas Pete - I wanted in at Amazon as it's an environment I'd be comfortable in. Talked to PMP, did the assessment and drugs test etc and was given a start date. Quit my job the day before and turned up at Amazon to be told I wasn't needed.

Spoke to PMP and was given a \"tough shit\" shrug of the shoulders from a bird that couldn't care less.

I was therefore unemployed and, although I found another job pretty quickly, I was short on wages and very angry with them.

So are PMP and Quest the same, Quest have their offices just down the road from Amazon down Carr Hill

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 25, 2011, 03:44:04 pm by BLIR »
Although they appear to have the same idelogies I don't think they're one and the same. PMP have offices next to the Danum hotel in town.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 25, 2011, 04:33:27 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"BLIR\" post=158729
Although they appear to have the same idelogies I don't think they're one and the same. PMP have offices next to the Danum hotel in town.

Quest have their offices in Woodfield buisness Centre on CarrHill so as you say probably not the same

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 25, 2011, 05:13:54 pm by Savvy »
Quote from: \"BLIR\" post=158717

FFS! I'll say. I got in and managed to meet up with a former \"colleague\" of ours from the Newlook days a certain \"General Manager\" I'll say no more! Where you doing it now fella, thought you were still at Stoke?

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 25, 2011, 05:43:03 pm by BLIR »
Stoke job went tits up so been working in and around Donny since September. Currently on a night shift at Peglers in Manvers, not too bad.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 25, 2011, 07:16:36 pm by Savvy »
Nice one! I'm down in Stratford delivering Railway training. Nice and steady away, out on six o'clock on a Monday and back for half six Friday night, and decent money so can't complain!

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 09, 2011, 05:43:39 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=158419

If your asking me then 'Customer Solutions Technicians' are a great way into the Company. Starting at £17000 a year (£9.50 on a 37 hour week / 148 hour pay period).

Click this link:

Pick the second tab on the blue box about half way down entitles 'Service Delivery' (next to 'Customer Experience). It states the vacancy is closed but there will be lots more of them in the coming weeks - its worth giving 'em a call and expressing an interest - they really really like that sort of thing.

Dont pay any attention to the listed 'Key Skills' - they arent essential and as long as you have an ability to learn, they are willing to teach.

cheers for that mate i have just got an email saying i have passed my online assesment what shall i expect now and what exactley do you do as a customer solution techician and should i phone or emailthem asking how my application is doing or just wait for them to get in touch ?? cheers dtid

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 09, 2011, 10:09:16 am by podrover73 »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=157802

news flash update --there is a certain job going in Donny, a sweet smelling dog suit is the uniform and you get to watch your favourite football team for free.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 09, 2011, 09:43:06 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=160503
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=158419

Click this link:

cheers for that mate i have just got an email saying i have passed my online assesment what shall i expect now and what exactley do you do as a customer solution techician and should i phone or emailthem asking how my application is doing or just wait for them to get in touch ?? cheers dtid

Well  done on that...and they will generally get in touch with you, though it is good brownie points if you ring up to enquire on progress ;)

Customer Solutions Techs generally start and finish from home, the work basically investigation into sewerage and flooding issues, CCTV of sewers, finding problems, working out solutions, keeping customers informed, liasing with Local Authorities, councillors, Highway Depts etc...a team of great people who help new starters get up to speed n'all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 29, 2011, 01:12:48 pm by Filo »
Well this thicko here did n't meet the benchmark in the online assesment! :cry:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012