Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:47:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan Striker Appeal  (Read 19695 times)

biggle

• Forum Member
Re: Loan Striker Appeal
« Reply #120 on August 09, 2011, 06:36:14 pm by biggle »
Same for me lol!!! Will sort out mine at the AGM on Saturday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on August 09, 2011, 10:02:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
IE, give it to the fans as a marketing amount, a small amount but to use for initiatives that can bring in more people to matchdays with our fliers and promotions for example. The club will soon realise that a bit spent on marketing will bring in much more money, unfortunately that time has still not come.

I firmly believe after last seasons experience, even having been pro leaflet/flier, it is not the best use of time, effort and money. Discount vouchers maybe. If the prices are right, then word of mouth/forum/twitter/facebook/e-mail etc are more effective ways of spreading the word.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on August 09, 2011, 11:16:33 pm by RobTheRover »
Baz, the fliers were extremely successful in terms of ROI.

Using the amazing printer we have, 5000 double sided A5 color flyers cost us around £100.  The design is all in-house and the distribution is all in-house (thanks to the generosity of VikingChat users giving up a bit of their time).

At this season's prices, if the flyers bring in just 4 adults who wouldnt otherwise have come, they have generated the club more income than if we had just donated the £100 to it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 10, 2011, 05:12:45 am by roversdude »
Rob
Just bought 5000 double sided colour A5 flyers for £55 from a company on e bay.
Really quick delivery and top results
Is there any feedback from JR so far on the effort

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on August 10, 2011, 06:11:34 am by RobTheRover »
No feedback yet, as far as I know, but I'm sure Gartom will be speaking with him ahead of the VSC AGM on saturday.

That is a great price, you will have to let me have the details.  Cheers for that.

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on August 10, 2011, 07:31:01 am by RUPRECHT »
Just joined and bought a share.

Well done to the lads last night, good performance, some real optimism for the rest of the season I think after seeing Bennett and Brown for the first time. Gutted for Mason though, yet another stroke of bad luck.

:rtid:

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on August 10, 2011, 08:35:39 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Ryan asking people to buy lottery tickets, pretty good prize to be won :thumbsup:

DROS

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on August 10, 2011, 01:37:09 pm by Gartom »
Def a good way to support our Loan Striker appeal....
We are fast approaching £2500 for the appeal - please keep up the momentum....give generously !
Cheers,
Gareth

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on August 10, 2011, 07:10:58 pm by Berkshire Rover »
There are four very good reasons for buying a half time draw ticket on Saturday,

You might win Billy or Hayts shirts that they wore last Saturday, signed, famed and hopefully presented by them

You might win £350

You will be showing JR that you are with him all the way and finally............

It will brass off our dear Chief Exec who thinks the half time draw is a waste of time!
:rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on August 10, 2011, 07:41:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Baz, the fliers were extremely successful in terms of ROI.

Ours were ! The clubs were as much use as a chocolate teapot !!

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on August 11, 2011, 04:55:30 pm by Gartom »
The 'loan star' appeal is now over the £2500 mark - well done everyone - we will make a presentation on the pitch on Saturday - add up all the funds, plus player sponsorships etc and give a big cheque that will make JR feel we really , really care !
Any more donations out there ?

You will also be able to but Loan Star raffle tickets at the AGM - remember it starts at 11 am in the Lakeside !!
Cheers,
Gareth

MartinB

« Reply #131 on August 11, 2011, 07:39:09 pm by MartinB »
Gareth, my donation should have come through on pay pal too...feels nice to be part of something good again.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on August 19, 2011, 06:55:35 pm by glosterred »
Milan Lalkovi?'s - no disrespect meant to the kid - but when I donated I was expecting someone a little more well known and proven if not at this level at least league 1.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on August 19, 2011, 07:11:34 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=177171
Milan Lalkovi?'s - no disrespect meant to the kid - but when I donated I was expecting someone a little more well known and proven if not at this level at least league 1.

If you ask me, which you're not but I'm going to tell you anyway, Lalkovic is exactly the kind of striker we're looking for. He's young, fast, has great skill, can shoot, knows where the net is, is rated by the Chelsea fans. And please don't tell me that he has no \"league 1 experience\" because for my money Chelsea reserves and the league they play in - and win in - is probably higher standard than Rovers right now!

I sometimes enjoy a good moan, lots of people on here do too, but to have a go at the kid when he hasn't even kicked a ball for Rovers yet is ridiculous. Milan plays/trains with the likes of Essien, Torres, etc etc every week, does this mean he's worse than Wade Fairhurst, Lewis Guy, James Hayter, Giles Barnes, Ryan Mason (another reserve player for a premiership team....and Chelsea are certainly a side with far more quality players in their reserve side aren't they....!).

Give him a chance for gods sake. I'll be there tomorrow in the home end, perhaps not cheering loudly, but at least I'm watching my team....and hopefully our new loan striker will give the rest of the travelling fans something to cheer about.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on August 19, 2011, 07:28:51 pm by roversdude »
Rob
re leaflets - on e bay under fairprintleaflets - still advertised at £55 + free postage
Dave

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on August 19, 2011, 07:33:09 pm by glosterred »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=177173

If you ask me, which you're not but I'm going to tell you anyway, Lalkovic is exactly the kind of striker we're looking for. He's young, fast, has great skill, can shoot, knows where the net is, is rated by the Chelsea fans. And please don't tell me that he has no \"league 1 experience\" because for my money Chelsea reserves and the league they play in - and win in - is probably higher standard than Rovers right now!

I sometimes enjoy a good moan, lots of people on here do too, but to have a go at the kid when he hasn't even kicked a ball for Rovers yet is ridiculous. Milan plays/trains with the likes of Essien, Torres, etc etc every week, does this mean he's worse than Wade Fairhurst, Lewis Guy, James Hayter, Giles Barnes, Ryan Mason (another reserve player for a premiership team....and Chelsea are certainly a side with far more quality players in their reserve side aren't they....!).

Give him a chance for gods sake. I'll be there tomorrow in the home end, perhaps not cheering loudly, but at least I'm watching my team....and hopefully our new loan striker will give the rest of the travelling fans something to cheer about.

Did not realise I had a go at the kid all I am say is that he is not what I was expecting when the appeal for donations were requested.

As for training with Essien etc - does he really train with them or does he train seperately with the reserves and the kids - Have you seen him training with these or are you assuming that he does?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on August 19, 2011, 08:23:38 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=177182
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=177173

Did not realise I had a go at the kid all I am say is that he is not what I was expecting when the appeal for donations were requested.

As for training with Essien etc - does he really train with them or does he train seperately with the reserves and the kids - Have you seen him training with these or are you assuming that he does?

A couple of Chelsea youngsters/former youngsters have made impacts as a striker at this level in the past couple of years - Borini and Sinclair. I'll admit I'd never heard of him (but then I hadn't heard of Borini) but there aren't many proven NPC strikers available for loan like when we got Billy on loan. If we were looking for a longer loan spell we may have got a more recognised name but I think a month is beneficial to both sides in this instance.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on August 19, 2011, 08:25:04 pm by Viking Don »
Point is, Chelsea reserves would probably hammer Rovers first team. Just an opinion, I have no evidence, I'm guessing by how much those fellas are worth compared to ours.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on August 19, 2011, 08:43:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm assume its only a month so we can look to see how he does for us and if he does well then extend it, if not then we can let him go back to Chelsea.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on August 19, 2011, 09:50:12 pm by Surrey Rover »
On the subject of proven strikers has me thinking back to some of the proven strikers Rovers have signed in the not too distant past. Carl Alford and Justin Jackson spring to mind who are proof alone that proven strikers are not always the solution. Just because he's unknown means nothing, Tony Woodcock came on loan as as unknown quantity back in September 76 and became an England international not long after that. In more recent times Jermaine Defoe was nutured by SOD at Bournemouth during a loan spell and whilst unknown then he's certainly well known now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012