Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:40:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan Striker Appeal  (Read 19694 times)

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Loan Striker Appeal
« Reply #30 on August 08, 2011, 02:49:28 pm by Surrey Rover »
Quote from: \"DN5Rover\" post=173621
As I understand this a \"request\" has been made for some financial support. Why do people from BOTH sides of the argument feel they need to expand on what to me is a simple \"YES I will\" or NO I will not\" answer. Seems quite simple to me!

Good point, however why those who are on the \"No I won't\" side of the fence have to be so negative to the request so as to deter those sat on the fence is what I just don't get. Look, JR has done an awful lot to steer this club to where it is today and has put out a request for help. He does not deserve some of the vitriol already posted in his direction on this thread. If people don't want to contribute then don't contribute but leave it at that rather than launch into a tirade of negativity. After all did anyone in their wildest dreams forsee Billy and James coming home on crutches last Saturday evening?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 08, 2011, 02:52:57 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173631
As I understand this a \"request\" has been made for some financial support. Why do people from BOTH sides of the argument feel they need to expand on what to me is a simple \"YES I will\" or NO I will not\" answer. Seems quite simple to me!

Good point, however why those who are on the \"No I won't\" side of the fence have to be so negative to the request so as to deter those sat on the fence is what I just don't get. Look, JR has done an awful lot to steer this club to where it is today and has put out a request for help. He does not deserve some of the vitriol already posted in his direction on this thread. If people don't want to contribute then don't contribute but leave it at that rather than launch into a tirade of negativity. After all did anyone in their wildest dreams forsee Billy and James coming home on crutches last Saturday evening?

And you have managed to deter someone sat on the fence from joining the VSC with your inane \"freeloader\" comment.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 08, 2011, 03:15:47 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Sorry, couldn't resist...

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 08, 2011, 03:17:26 pm by RUPRECHT »
ha ha priceless :cry:

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 08, 2011, 03:19:10 pm by Rover13 »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=173633
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173631

And you have managed to deter someone sat on the fence from joining the VSC with your inane \"freeloader\" comment.

As if I'm sorry but if you really wanted to join you would I'm sure some comment would not stop you it's your choice  if you join or not but saying you now won't because of that comment is just silly

biggle

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 08, 2011, 03:31:17 pm by biggle »
OK heres the view of someone who a) IS a season ticket holder b) does read this forum on a regular basis c) can't believe we have another topic with a MR Frost negative opinion!!!!

Unbeleivable the amount of negative comments coming from this guy on just about every topic in Doncaster and not just Rovers  

Anyway for what its worth, if the Directors are prepared to put more money in for a loan striker, and are asking for support from others, then thats good enough for me. Where do i pay, as they have my support 100%

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 08, 2011, 03:34:26 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"biggle\" post=173644
OK heres the view of someone who a) IS a season ticket holder b) does read this forum on a regular basis c) can't believe we have another topic with a MR Frost negative opinion!!!!

Unbeleivable the amount of negative comments coming from this guy on just about every topic in Doncaster and not just Rovers  

Anyway for what its worth, if the Directors are prepared to put more money in for a loan striker, and are asking for support from others, then thats good enough for me. Where do i pay, as they have my support 100%

Theres a difference in being negative and realistic. Maybe its about time the happy clappers on here had a reality check.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 08, 2011, 03:35:03 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173609
Noticeable how many negative comments posted on this topic are from those who are not prepared to contirbute less than 24p a week to be a member of the VSC money which goes towards the club and of course the upkeep of this site. In view of the difficulty we now experience with this forum at busy periods its time this became a forum for VSC members only and let the freeloaders go and post elsewhere. If the VSC are prepared to do this I'll gladly contribute £100 to the \"Loan Striker Appeal\"

Why have you got it in your head that being a VSC member makes you better than everyone else.
This is one of the reason's I wont join the VSC, because so many members have got their heads up their own arses with their holier than though attitude.
I am a season ticket holder and pay through the nose for hospitality when I invite guests to watch Rovers so I probably give DRFC far more than the majority of VSC members.
That doesn't make me any better than the VSC members so why do you think you are better than me when I am not a member.

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 08, 2011, 03:40:46 pm by King Barnes »
If anyone has any strikers they'd like to help with donations, may I suggest the 24 or so who've been standing outside the Free Press offices since July 15?

;)

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 08, 2011, 03:53:00 pm by MiKA »
I'd be happy to put my hand in my pocket if it meant getting a quality player of Billy's standard, a player valued at around 2-3 million rather than one of just afew hundred.  Ive been meaning to join the VSC anyway so getting that too would be a bonus.

I have no doubt that without Billy and without a decent replacement we will be in Div 1 next season   :(

I-was-there1976

« Reply #40 on August 08, 2011, 03:53:40 pm by I-was-there1976 »
rumour on t**tter that Steve Brooker is going to donate a healthy sum per week cos he didnt do too much to earn it when he was here

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 08, 2011, 03:56:49 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=173609
Noticeable how many negative comments posted on this topic are from those who are not prepared to contirbute less than 24p a week to be a member of the VSC money which goes towards the club and of course the upkeep of this site. In view of the difficulty we now experience with this forum at busy periods its time this became a forum for VSC members only and let the freeloaders go and post elsewhere. If the VSC are prepared to do this I'll gladly contribute £100 to the \"Loan Striker Appeal\"

I donate to the VSC, infact I have just paid my yearly subs.... However I don't need my ego massaging by having a little gold logo on here. I do it because I want to help the club and the co-op and I'm not interested in broadcasting it on this forum....

As a member of the co-op I am quite frankly disgusted by your post, why should I pay my subs for someone in a position of power/trust to just go and alienate potential members?

biggle

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 08, 2011, 03:57:18 pm by biggle »
bet your glass is never half full!!

Uhtred

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 08, 2011, 03:58:12 pm by Uhtred »
:clapping: Sods shinpad 2 logo is priceless. If you want a cameo for this fund raising campaign, this is it. Get the merchandise made - T shirts , autographed posters , beer mats any  form of mugs etc, etc. Could turn into a best seller, you never know we might even get a spot on BBC. There again thats probably in the realm of miracles !!!!!!!

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 08, 2011, 04:43:12 pm by Gartom »
OK, lets get this in 'sharp' focus :)

JR wants to get in a loan striker
We have a budget. We try to stick to budgets....
The directors (apart from JR and Dick)are nt putting in any more cash - we will sort the reasons on another day....at the moment it wont change our current situation...

But part of this is.....
We have other financial commitments underway....the Keepmoat !! Focus !!!
So, do you want your own stadium ???

JR wants a bit of support from the fans....he has made funds available, but would like a show of support from the fans - that's all.....

If you dont want to help us help JR fine - dont...
If you do - OK we will make a big PR event out of your support and JR will be thanking you...and we wil sort out some goodies - Billy / Hayter signed framed shirts, hospitality box tickets etc.....

Please help us, do not try and hinder us.
We want tohelp JR that's all.
Simple.

ITs all about the JFK type of reference.....

\"Ask not what JR / DRFC can do for us, but, what can we do for JR/ DRFC !

Please try and help,
Please try and make the game tomorrow / Saturday
Please try and bring some friends too!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 08, 2011, 04:58:52 pm by Wild Rover »
That is much better than the original \"Cold Calling\" post, why was that not the original. Now i feel much more inclined to help out, though it would be good to know how/where to send these £50 or whatever.

Edit. Just read original post again so now know how to.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 08, 2011, 04:59:12 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"Gartom\" post=173669
OK, lets get this in 'sharp' focus :)

JR wants to get in a loan striker
We have a budget. We try to stick to budgets....
The directors (apart from JR and Dick)are nt putting in any more cash - we will sort the reasons on another day....at the moment it wont change our current situation...

But part of this is.....
We have other financial commitments underway....the Keepmoat !! Focus !!!
So, do you want your own stadium ???

JR wants a bit of support from the fans....he has made funds available, but would like a show of support from the fans - that's all.....

If you dont want to help us help JR fine - dont...
If you do - OK we will make a big PR event out of your support and JR will be thanking you...and we wil sort out some goodies - Billy / Hayter signed framed shirts, hospitality box tickets etc.....

Please help us, do not try and hinder us.
We want tohelp JR that's all.
Simple.

ITs all about the JFK type of reference.....

\"Ask not what JR / DRFC can do for us, but, what can we do for JR/ DRFC !

Please try and help,
Please try and make the game tomorrow / Saturday
Please try and bring some friends too!

look i know this is going to come of negative but i really find it disgraceful how this club  is run and if jr woke up to this they would not need to ask for fans to put in

i mean jr asking for help, well have we not already helped buying a season ticket
surly if he got his finger out of his arse and sacked dave morris and employed someone
who know how to run a football club and employ a decent marketing team who can attract fans
this would not need to be asked for

and two who blows there entire budget by the first game of the season surely after last seasons debacle he should have know that we would have injuries
i mean dont get me wrong i loved seeing the likes of mason, bennet and barnes here but would i have sacrafised them if i would have know that if we get injuries we cant replace them of course

its just not a way to run a club its ridiculous if the club was in such a bad postion they should have sold sharp for what they could have got and used that for a injury fund
and dont get me wrong i would have hated to see sharp go and no he cant be replaced but come on this cap in hand routine is stupid

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 08, 2011, 05:05:36 pm by Gartom »
Look guys, I agree with the criticism, but we are here now and JR is just looking for some show of support.....I think every penny we raise will help him wring a few more thousand out of a few unwilling directors....
He has made some funds available - he justs a bit of help in this hour of need.

Sorry I've been out all day - just got back to try and sort this - remember we have day jobs etc and cant be on line all the time.....
I just want us to help JR. If you cant fine...but please dont keep criticising to undermine our efforts and raise doubts.....
Lets face it - its our cause - to help JR help DRFC.
He is trying to bolster the squad in an hour of need....just thank the stars he is not  sat back just wondering about it, and cursing our bad luck.

C'mon folk, where is our Yorkshire pride / fighting spirit, 'backs to the wall' type of passion ?
RTID....remember!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 08, 2011, 05:11:44 pm by 5minstogo »
But in the grand scheme of things how is a few hundred quid going to help?

If we've spent up, we've spent up. Take it on the chin and go with what we've got.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 08, 2011, 05:16:51 pm by Prez »
£50 on its way from me, if it gives us a chance of Championship football, in my view its well worth it.:rtid:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 08, 2011, 05:24:20 pm by mushRTID »
According to SOD, we have been inundated with offers of players.

Hopefully these offers are kind moneywise too.

Tortuga

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 08, 2011, 05:29:30 pm by Tortuga »
I'm in.....

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 08, 2011, 05:43:40 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"Uhtred\" post=173659
:clapping: Sods shinpad 2 logo is priceless. If you want a cameo for this fund raising campaign, this is it. Get the merchandise made - T shirts , autographed posters , beer mats any  form of mugs etc, etc. Could turn into a best seller, you never know we might even get a spot on BBC. There again thats probably in the realm of miracles !!!!!!!

/me wonders if Vivarovers could get it made into a Tshirt....

EDIT: for what it's worth, I wish I was in a position to be able to afford to help, but I'm currently on an apprentice wage and can't realistically justify spending the money on renewing my VSC membership, let alone this :(

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 08, 2011, 05:53:12 pm by glosterred »
Would like to know how much is raised - any chance of a running total?

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 08, 2011, 06:03:52 pm by ian1980 »
I think it's more a leverage tool that JR can use to get more funds from those directors not as keen as he is to spend on a loan striker. If he can go back and say, look the fans have grouped together and raised X amount through donations, it should help to convince them to put more funds in.

For those that can / want to donate then great do so. Those that can't / don't want to then fine, everyone of those people will have their own personnal reasons why, which is their right. It doesn't make someone more or less of a supporter if they do or they don't.

Although as has already been said other things should also be looked at:

What are the marketing team doing about promoting the up and coming home games? They should be ramming these games down people's throats to get more people through the door

How about the other players? £50 is probably more than 10% of a poster on here's weekly salary. How about the playing staff donate 10% of their weekly salary. That would raise a fair bit.

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 08, 2011, 06:06:58 pm by Gartom »
Give me a chance to catch up !!!....I'm busy on the Free prize draw winners for the West Ham game at the mo.....and sorting out mailouts and other stuff....but will let you know later tonight.....

And remember - its not just about the amount of money raised - its more about a determined show of support for JR....so he can show the Directors just how many fans care about our predicament !
Cheers, GT

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 08, 2011, 06:11:34 pm by Red wizard »
I would love to help by giving £50 but its to far oput of my reach. I have just got my season ticket and new top will be there tomorrow but thats the best i can do. Iam using my mums car atm a need a new one fast. I can join the vsc though and will pay on sat or tomorrow what ever is best.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 08, 2011, 06:21:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Interesting news about Terry. I wonder whether its just this loan deal he doesn't want to put money into or the club anymore at all, perhaps he's become disillusioned with it all. If that is it then thanks Terry for all you've put into the club over the few years. On the other hand he could be saving for a stadium bid.

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 08, 2011, 06:22:13 pm by Gartom »
Red Wizard, that is fine by us....the £50 is a 'special offer' type of thing.....we dont expect everyone to be able to help us in this way...just give what you can like joining the VSC via Paypal link - or at the AGM on Saturday if you like.....just show you care !

PAYPAL RUNNING TOTAL IS £450.00 about 30 mins ago....just checked.
Not a bad Start folk....C'mon ! :) :) :)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 08, 2011, 06:25:44 pm by SkellowRover »
Sorry i cant contribute and i'm not a VSC member either. The reason is i can't work as i have a disability so i am restricted financially, but i do buy 4 season tickets every season, do the lottery plus the red and white draw at matches whenever i can and also go to most away matches to cheer the lads on, so i help out how i can in my own way and spend well over £1200 a year towards the club without counting away match costs, does that make me a freeloader too? :sick:

What really is annoying me if it's is the fact that only JR & DW are putting their hand in their pockets while Terry Brammall who is by far the richest member of our board does nothing. I know director that feels it's is a waste of time TB being on the board and that JR was hoping he would contribute a lot more financially when he was invited onto the board but he just seems content on boosting his ego and using it as some sort of status symbol rather then contribute much to the club as apparently most of the cash put into the club and towards the stadium buyout has been financed by JR & DW too. So surely Terry Brammall is the biggest freeloader of all? worth £400,000,000+ and apparently begrudges putting £1m a year towards the club :thumbdown:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012