Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: El Hadji Diouf  (Read 23128 times)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: El Hadji Diouf
« Reply #120 on September 27, 2011, 10:36:10 am by keyser_soze »
Quote from: \"comeonrovers\" post=186496
We shouldn't even be in his radar.

My point exactly. You need to ask the question why are we.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on September 27, 2011, 10:36:28 am by DannyRovers »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=186492

If the boat is going to be pushed out it needs to be on another Billy Sharp, or a Mills/Shackell defender that is proven at Championship level or lost their way at Premiership level. Not Diouf.

Is that not what Diouf is? A player that has lost his way in the premiership? I think this is a similar situation to that of Osters. The only difference, Diouf is more 'in the spotlight' than Oster.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on September 27, 2011, 10:39:30 am by Filo »
Dioufy Foundation

All this he`s a t**t is his stage persona I reckon

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on September 27, 2011, 10:45:26 am by comeonrovers »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=186498
Quote from: \"comeonrovers\" post=186496
We shouldn't even be in his radar.

My point exactly. You need to ask the question why are we.

Probably because he is a \"trouble maker\".  Barton is a \"trouble maker\" but it doesn't stop him being a good footballer.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on September 27, 2011, 10:46:08 am by wing commander »
Saunders has said he does want to sign new players but with the window closed and only loans available and weve already had Mason,Parkin,Lalavovic and Brown and we are only 9 games in.Maybe a free agent is very attractive to him..

What one or two might have to accept is one or two of our players going out on loan themselves over this season,Wilson,Hird,Hayter and dare i say Coppinger look very vulnerable to me in the Saunders change around...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on September 27, 2011, 10:47:24 am by GazLaz »
I'm getting his name on my shirt whether we sign him or not.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on September 27, 2011, 10:51:03 am by Standanista »
Get him signed.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on September 27, 2011, 10:52:41 am by DannyRovers »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=186504
I'm getting his name on my shirt whether we sign him or not.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on September 27, 2011, 10:52:48 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=186383
Just been on his twitter page and what a complete wonker! Dont know how to feel about this I want his talent but don't want the attitude.

Have a look at is interactions with other supposed footballers on that page and it`s obvious that it`s the same person with multiple fake accounts

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on September 27, 2011, 11:47:18 am by prince »
To the people saying they'd prefer we got in a defender and a goal keeper, who's good enough right now and available on a free transfer?

I'd rather the money went to keeping Lalkovic all season but if the money is there for both I have no objections to Diouf coming. I'd rather preserve our status as a Championship side than a family club( and I'm sure if our wholesome image can survive Oster and Hayter getting arrested the night before the Boro game it can survive Diouf winding up the opposition fans)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on September 27, 2011, 11:52:23 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"prince\" post=186521
To the people saying they'd prefer we got in a defender and a goal keeper, who's good enough right now and available on a free transfer?

I'd rather the money went to keeping Lalkovic all season but if the money is there for both I have no objections to Diouf coming. I'd rather preserve our status as a Championship side than a family club( and I'm sure if our wholesome image can survive Oster and Hayter getting arrested the night before the Boro game it can survive Diouf winding up the opposition fans)

Nobody is availble on a free transfer - the transfer window is closed.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on September 27, 2011, 11:54:13 am by MrFrost »
Free agents can still be signed

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on September 27, 2011, 11:54:48 am by keyser_soze »

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on September 27, 2011, 12:01:26 pm by Wello »
Saundo will control him I'm sure they've worked together at Blackburn so he knows what he's like and how to handle him.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on September 27, 2011, 12:25:54 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=186530
Free agents can still be signed

which by very definition is not a transfer

robthecat

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on September 27, 2011, 01:56:11 pm by robthecat »
I think we should forget about the players attitude,and think of his footballing ability and what positives he would bring to the club. I think he would put a few more bums on them shiney red seats. Hes a big name for footballing reasons and yes also for some wrong reasons give the bloke a chance.he aint done anythint wrong to any of us as he ?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on September 27, 2011, 02:37:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
This would be a good indication of the abilities of our new manager.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on September 27, 2011, 02:57:35 pm by Wello »
If he starts playing anything like this could be a coup as we will have him under contract and cash in on him

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on September 27, 2011, 03:12:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
After tonight we have one game on Saturday then we do not play till 14th October. So we could sign Diouf and then loan some players just before the Leeds game. Lalkovic can only stay while middle of November 91 days after he first signed. So if we loan players at the beginning of October we can have them until the transfer window opens again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on September 27, 2011, 03:21:30 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=186617
After tonight we have one game on Saturday then we do not play till 14th October. So we could sign Diouf and then loan some players just before the Leeds game. Lalkovic can only stay while middle of November 91 days after he first signed. So if we loan players at the beginning of October we can have them until the transfer window opens again.

Lalkovic is a youth loan, I think the rules are different, he could theoretically play tonight for us, play for Chelsea reserves tomorrow and then play again for us on Saturday

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on September 27, 2011, 03:24:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=186618
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=186617

Lalkovic is a youth loan, I think the rules are different, he could theoretically play tonight for us, play for Chelsea reserves tomorrow and then play again for us on Saturday

Did not realise it was a youth loan I stand corrected, thank you.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on September 27, 2011, 04:35:17 pm by monkeytennis »
Quote from: \"prince\" post=186242
I don't care if kicking babies is part of his pre game ritual. If he scores goals he'll do.

This. We are BOTTOM of the league. I'd be happy if they signed Col. Gaddaffi if we moved up the table.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on September 27, 2011, 04:46:36 pm by danrover82 »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=186501
Dioufy Foundation

All this he`s a t**t is his stage persona I reckon

Really?

Well he does a good job at it, what with  the spitting and name calling kids (disabled and white ones).

Wonder how many will give him a standing ovation and cheer should he sign. I for one will stay muted and sat firmly in my seat should he sign the dotted line.

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on September 27, 2011, 04:53:19 pm by TommyC »
Will you stay muted and sat firmly in your seat if he scores a goal as well?

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on September 27, 2011, 04:56:13 pm by danrover82 »
I wont give the guy the time of day full stop. Horrible excuse of a being. Past, present and more than likely future too.  

I cant believe people will sell theire grans for some thinsg in life. No Morals etc!

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on September 27, 2011, 05:09:02 pm by TommyC »
And did you have stand there mute when Jimmy Kelly played? How is Diouf's behaviour (going by your moral compass) deemed worse than kicking someone to death outside a club? Oster's actions with the air gun are hardly praisewrothy either. Do you refuse to applaud him as well? Brooker did a bit of jail time as well. Did you refuse to cheer his goals against Watford and Leicester? And the Sunderland video is hardly harmless fun for all the family. Do you not give Woods and Brown the time of day either?

I'm just looking for an indication of some consistency in how you approach rovers players with dubious pasts?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on September 27, 2011, 05:36:16 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"TommyC\" post=186657
And did you have stand there mute when Jimmy Kelly played? How is Diouf's behaviour (going by your moral compass) deemed worse than kicking someone to death outside a club? Oster's actions with the air gun are hardly praisewrothy either. Do you refuse to applaud him as well? Brooker did a bit of jail time as well. Did you refuse to cheer his goals against Watford and Leicester? And the Sunderland video is hardly harmless fun for all the family. Do you not give Woods and Brown the time of day either?

I'm just looking for an indication of some consistency in how you approach rovers players with dubious pasts?

He probably doesn't know who Jimmy Kelly is!

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on September 27, 2011, 05:38:28 pm by danrover82 »
No one is sayin that our other players havent been naught boys, but any sort of behaviour like his towards KIDS and takin the pi$$ out of disabled ones at that is lower than low. No?

Sorry if you think this is acceptable behaviour for role models for our young fans but for me we already have better players at the club that are far more respectable and thats all i@m going to say on the matter.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on September 27, 2011, 05:39:58 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=186672
No one is sayin that our other players havent been naught boys, but any sort of behaviour like his towards KIDS and takin the pi$$ out of disabled ones at that is lower than low. No?

Sorry if you think this is acceptable behaviour for role models for our young fans but for me we already have better players at the club that are far more respectable and thats all i@m going to say on the matter.

More respectable maybe. Better.......questionable.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on September 27, 2011, 05:41:18 pm by danrover82 »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=186670
Quote from: \"TommyC\" post=186657

He probably doesn't know who Jimmy Kelly is!
[/b]

And your probably wrong.

I've been a life long rovers fan through the good bad and ugly days.  Just because I dont think signing this player would be a good thing means I dont know other players?

Does that count for anyone else on here that dont agree with you guys?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012