Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:24:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: El Hadji Diouf  (Read 23129 times)

prince

• Forum Member
Re: El Hadji Diouf
« Reply #60 on September 26, 2011, 08:29:17 pm by prince »
Quote from: \"Townender\" post=186318
Smoke screen perhaps?

For what?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 26, 2011, 08:32:55 pm by southwestexile »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=186335
Quote from: \"adamtherover\" post=186331
Which player blinded a fellow professional, never heard this story before..

Oster when he was at Sunderland.

From wikipedia:
He was involved in an incident that ended the career of reserve player Mark Maley by accidentally shooting him in the eye with an air rifle.

Surely that was PJ (or Duncan?)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 26, 2011, 08:39:47 pm by southwestexile »
I don't think there'll be many defences in the league looking forward to an afternoon with Diouf, Sharp and Parkin.

I can see it being a short-term deal allowing him to prove himself for a Jan move to the likes of Wigan or QPR etc.

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 26, 2011, 08:42:56 pm by DonnyHodge »
And how many rovers players have been £10m players in their time?!

Fantastic signing if he comes and a last chance attitude to it could work wonders for club and player!

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 26, 2011, 08:48:57 pm by john_donc857 »
Give me his address,i'll go and pick him up myself. How anybody could'nt be excited by a signing like this is beyond me. We need end product simple as and to me that means having at least 4 quality strikers at the club. With billys injury record over the last 12 months its there for all to see, when he's out we struggle. There's one thing for sure, it will be a wake up call for those players that have been tucked away in S,O.Ds back pocket for the last few years. Exciting times ahead by the looks of it and i would'nt be surprised to be seeing a few of the so called fans favourites coming to the end of there drfc careers.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 26, 2011, 08:58:10 pm by mutleyrover »
Despite his proven footballing ability, I would not like to see a player like this representing our club. He is a first class cheat who dives around at every opportunity. Couple this with his arrogance, spitting sagas (yes, not just an isolated incident) and other nasty incidents which I cant be bothered to list, he would not be welcome in my eyes.

By all means, go out and get a player that will put his boot in but not when players are on the ground with a broken leg.  There must be better all round options out there than this idiot for the money it would cost to bring him in.

As you can see, I'm sitting on the fence on this issue :angry:

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 26, 2011, 09:10:02 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
WHAT?????? El Hadji Diouf??? How on earth can my club be even associated with such an awful, disgusting character as EHD? It's all a wind up................isn't it?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 26, 2011, 09:14:31 pm by GazLaz »
I'm sure if he scored 10 in his first 8 games people's minds might change.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 26, 2011, 09:18:18 pm by jonnydog »
If it's a short term then we'll see how his attitude is. Personally I will give him the respect IF he puts on a Rovers shirt and wait to see how he is, like I would with any player.

But I do agree we've been nicey nicey too long now, and I noticed on Saturday how more players were pushing/shoving and going in a bit harder, and I know cheating is something different, but it'd be nice for other clubs to have a bit of fear when playing against us, as opposed to it being, little old Donny

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 26, 2011, 09:22:10 pm by Pintolager »
Whether we sign Diouf or not, it shows to me that Deano means business and strengthening the squad from the off. I'm sure there will be a few signings in the next couple of weeks/months.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 26, 2011, 09:24:00 pm by StocksArmy »
Just been on his twitter page and what a complete wonker! Dont know how to feel about this I want his talent but don't want the attitude.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 26, 2011, 09:25:56 pm by mutleyrover »
Sorry GazLaz but some stick to their principles if they feel so strongly about an issue like this. 10 goals from him in any amount of games would not change my mind on the matter. He's a nasty piece of work who would disrupt the club and tarnish our sporting reputation. If this is the type of player the new management would like to bring to the club then thats two less season tickets sold next season. I would not want my young lad basing his football education on characters like Diouf.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 26, 2011, 09:31:15 pm by JonWallsend »
Quote from: \"Al Riggall\" post=186269
Add Marlon King to the list, its about getting results on the pitch and Diouf would definately help out. People clearly know very little about him as well, he hasn't had a spell upfront for about 5 seasons so to look at his goal record doesn't reflect his ability at all, I watched a few Rangers games at the back end of last season and they actually used him prodominatly on the left, although he is far more suited to the right, he played very well in the games I watched.

My brother has a season ticket at Ibrox- him and his mates prefer Healy.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #73 on September 26, 2011, 09:37:23 pm by DRFC MYERS »
Quote from: \"StocksArmy\" post=186383
Just been on his twitter page and what a complete wonker! Dont know how to feel about this I want his talent but don't want the attitude.

has he said anything about it on his twitter?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #74 on September 26, 2011, 09:37:42 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=186376
I'm sure if he scored 10 in his first 8 games people's minds might change.

Not really.....he'd still be a cnut !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on September 26, 2011, 09:39:21 pm by Filo »

How can you be sure that twitter page is actually him?

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 26, 2011, 09:42:08 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Interestingly, Diouf and Saunders share the same agent.

prince

• Forum Member

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 26, 2011, 09:48:50 pm by albie »
Poor scoring record only bettered by an appalling disciplinery record;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Hadji_Diouf

How long would he stay at DRFC? There must be better ways to build the future than spending our limited resources on EHD.

To be honest, I think he has already had his last chance. Spitting at a child, according to Wiki, dear me!

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on September 26, 2011, 09:50:08 pm by jonnydog »

What did it say?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 26, 2011, 10:02:06 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"Wiltshire Exile\" post=186375
WHAT?????? El Hadji Diouf??? How on earth can my club be even associated with such an awful, disgusting character as EHD? It's all a wind up................isn't it?

Same here.

The mans a a serial cheat with no moral compass whatsoever...he'd likely spend more time suspended than available...generally lazy and has a history of upsetting fellow team mates.

Seems some on here would sell their Granny to make a few quid.

No thanks.

Anyway..if money is now magically available - Id pay more attention to strengthening between the sticks.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 26, 2011, 10:05:57 pm by danrover82 »
The more i read about the guy the more I hope Wigan pull out all the stops to get him.

Spitting at anyone is dispicable even more so 11 year old kids. Then being racist to ball boys etc.

Good for publicity today but bad for the 'family club' image we put out there.

Cant the board remember the alleged incident with Wellens spitting.  imagine that 3 or 4 times a season.  

Please take note board the fans dont want him!!!!!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on September 26, 2011, 10:09:39 pm by JonWallsend »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=186410

I'm not convinced that the board take the fan's feelings into account- just a hunch.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on September 26, 2011, 10:10:33 pm by RobTheRover »
Remind me what Colin Sutherland did.  Most who saw him spark Colin West out at Rushden regard him a Rovers legend.

I get the feeling our \"my little pony\" dreamland might be getting a few ruffians to play with.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 26, 2011, 10:11:40 pm by danrover82 »
Quote from: \"JonWallsend\" post=186412

I'm not convinced that the board take the fan's feelings into account- just a hunch.

They reacted to the hot heads ;)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on September 26, 2011, 10:13:35 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
The more i read about the guy the more I hope Wigan pull out all the stops to get him.

Spitting at anyone is dispicable even more so 11 year old kids. Then being racist to ball boys etc.

Good for publicity today but bad for the 'family club' image we put out there.

Cant the board remember the alleged incident with Wellens spitting.  imagine that 3 or 4 times a season.  

Lets not get started on the fact his league record is 28 Goals in 248 starts in the UK...hardly setting the world on fire. His best return being 9 Goals in 2004 - 5. 74 appearances from 2008 - 11 ( 4 seasons) netted 4 goals.

An unremarkable players who's career in all but fizzled out anyway..and a nasty piece of work as well.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 26, 2011, 10:21:56 pm by danrover82 »
He's getting some serious stick from the Wigan faithful but seems to be getting asked to come here by some of our fans.

I seriously cannot see why the board would even give this man (and I use that loosely) the time of day to even contemplate coming here. Does our club not stand for anything anymore?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on September 26, 2011, 10:23:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=186413
Remind me what Colin Sutherland did.  Most who saw him spark Colin West out at Rushden regard him a Rovers legend.

I get the feeling our \"my little pony\" dreamland might be getting a few ruffians to play with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :scarf:

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 26, 2011, 10:36:55 pm by Buzzberry »
I think he's a first classer Tosser just after the Jamie Mackie incident where Mackie broke his leg, I think last january and Diouf stood over him giving him a mouthful claiming he dived! Still don't think Mackie is playing again yet...

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 26, 2011, 11:02:55 pm by Akinfenwa »
There's being a bit rough and then there's El-Hadji Diouf who is a complete scumbag. Do Rovers really really want a football player representing them with this much baggage?

- Three incidents of spitting at fans (including an 11 year old)
- Spat in the face of Arjan de Zeeuw
- One incident of a racist comment to a ballboy
- Multiple motoring offences
- Threatening to stab a teammate
- Taunting a player who'd just broken his leg
- Claims to be friends with Colonel Gaddafi
- Never turned up to pre-season at Blackburn

While there's no doubt that he'd be a good player at this level, do we want someone like this mixing with our squad just as confidence and team spirit may be starting to pick up? If this turns out to be true then I only hope that Deano, JR and co. know what they're dealing with.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012