Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:26:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The 'I'm not going to Barnsley' thread  (Read 14994 times)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
Re: The 'I'm not going to Barnsley' thread
« Reply #60 on November 04, 2011, 04:43:21 pm by roversontheup »
I wont be at Oakwell.  I have always gone to the Barnsley away match but £30 is just TOO MUCH!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 04, 2011, 04:47:44 pm by intake rover »
2 more not going

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 04, 2011, 05:00:37 pm by MrFrost »
I was talking about this season, where our average after tomorrow will be around the 500 mark. Maybe you can find that out for yourself vaya.

Oh and washy, I've missed one home game this season, and that was the first in over three years so I can hardly be accused of losing my wallet.

Edit - I presume those not going wont be going to West Ham, Leeds, or any other away game in the future where the price is over 30 quid?

paddy drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 04, 2011, 05:06:43 pm by paddy drfc »
2 more here

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 04, 2011, 05:06:46 pm by DN8ROVER »
Me

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 04, 2011, 05:10:06 pm by Spankster »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=196897
I was talking about this season, where our average after tomorrow will be around the 500 mark. Maybe you can find that out for yourself vaya.

Oh and washy, I've missed one home game this season, and that was the first in over three years so I can hardly be accused of losing my wallet.

Edit - I presume those not going wont be going to West Ham, Leeds, or any other away game in the future where the price is over 30 quid?

Frosty STOP HIJACKING THE THREAD!!!!!

The question was asked who is not going due to the price, end of!!!! not who will be going to West Ham, start a new thread if you are that bothered :headbang:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 04, 2011, 05:13:43 pm by MrFrost »
I think any thread with Trying to discourage our fans from attending a crucial game needs hijacking to be honest. The team needs our support now more than ever.

I don't agree with the price , but I somehow doubt the non attendance of Rovers fans will bother the Barnsley board. All it will do is make us look even more of a laughing stock when we can only muster 500 fans to our nearest away game.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 04, 2011, 05:14:45 pm by benaldo »
I wonder what would happen if no-one turned up ever to support Rovers away? Would it make any difference to the result?

Also, wouldn't NOT turning up make sense in the long run - no away support means less money for the home side perhaps, thus hurting the home team in the long run...

Can you imagine if no-one ever turned up as away support to Elland Road?! That'd soon show some teams just how unpopular they really are.

But I suppose it also shows you how important it is to encourage both sets of fans to come to the KM. Having players like Diouf on display will undoubtedly help, but I sometimes think that DRFC can do so much more to enhance the \"experience\" of coming to the KM, I guess if the Stadium ever ends up in DRFC hands things could get really exciting!? As it stands for me, Barnsley is possibly the only town more run down than Doncaster. It's a dump of the lowest order. It has some of the highest rates of drug related crime in the UK (along with Doncaster), it's grim, it's depressing. A few years ago Barnsely council spent money on rebranding itself. What would you have rebranded it as? A gritty mining town? Somewhere honest, and striving to do better? Nope? Barnselys think tank decided to market it as \"Britains Tuscanny\" and sought to twin it with some Italian beauty spots!!! Even the \"Tarn\" residents laughed. I suppose it took the edge off getting your car nicked every week?

Doncaster twinned with Cannes anyone?

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 04, 2011, 05:15:16 pm by Donnylass »
Quote from: \"keepmoatman\" post=196827
me and donnylass ,( unless she,s paying )

I'm about to be made redundant from Library job so defo can't afford that. Just glad I've got a S/T

So Silent you can definitely add another 2 to list.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 04, 2011, 05:16:52 pm by ExileRover »
Spot on Frosty, I wont be going to Leeds or West Ham at them prices.

Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=196897

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 04, 2011, 05:23:18 pm by i_ateallthepies »
They can stick it for me and my mate.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 04, 2011, 05:32:24 pm by silent majority »
If I can add up I make that 131.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 04, 2011, 05:33:34 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=196903
I think any thread with Trying to discourage our fans from attending a crucial game needs hijacking to be honest. The team needs our support now more than ever.

I don't agree with the price , but I somehow doubt the non attendance of Rovers fans will bother the Barnsley board. All it will do is make us look even more of a laughing stock when we can only muster 500 fans to our nearest away game.

Frosty,

This thread isn't about discouraging anyone, its about finding out how the price is affecting the attendance. PM sent

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 04, 2011, 05:44:37 pm by Red wizard »
Don't think i will be going. It will be the first time since we have been in the same league that i am thinking of not going.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 04, 2011, 05:49:30 pm by MrFrost »
The ironic thing is a number of people in this thread were slating fans for not wanting to pay 27 quid to get into home games.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 04, 2011, 05:54:06 pm by benaldo »
Must admit Frosty has a point.

If you truely don't agree with the raised ticket prices in championship football, then stop going to the KM, that'd be easiest surely?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 04, 2011, 06:01:12 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"roversontheup\" post=196892
I wont be at Oakwell.  I have always gone to the Barnsley away match but £30 is just TOO MUCH!!

I am doing the same as you so add another 2 !

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on November 04, 2011, 06:02:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
2 here and 2 other pals were going to go until they realised OAP price is for over 65s.

The days I pay in excess of £25 for a footy match are reserved for special occasions. I love our 6 fingered cousins but not that much !!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 04, 2011, 06:07:24 pm by benaldo »
Mind you, I think you're all being a bit unfair. Oakwell has improved it's bar facilities - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/7654267.stm

Credit where credit's due and all that. And I noticed they got a model in as the barmaid just to make Barnsley look better.....any old trick eh!?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 04, 2011, 06:07:49 pm by ditch_drfc »
Why do you always have to be so negative frosty? Why? Pretty much every thread has you being negative. I for one can't even afford the prices at home this season. So have to pick what games i can afford. This game was going to be one i went to until they had these prices. Football should have a set price in each league.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 04, 2011, 06:19:46 pm by duggiesmyhero »
3 more here wont be going, nor to leeds either, Only game def going to is west ham, and thats only because after this season could be a long time untill were in the same league as again

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 04, 2011, 06:30:44 pm by RoversAlias »
All this moaning about our attendances away being rubbish in comparison to other teams...as we've been telling Leeds fans for god knows how many years...the attendance is irrelevant. We don't measure ourselves against other sides based on how many fans we have at a game, it's one step up from \"my dad is bigger than your dad\". The only table that matters is the one based on football results, so go and whinge about our position in that one instead of bringing up pointless tables about how we don't take as many fans to games as Blackpool. Boo frickin' hoo.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 04, 2011, 06:51:30 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=196940
All this moaning about our attendances away being rubbish in comparison to other teams...as we've been telling Leeds fans for god knows how many years...the attendance is irrelevant. We don't measure ourselves against other sides based on how many fans we have at a game, it's one step up from \"my dad is bigger than your dad\". The only table that matters is the one based on football results, so go and whinge about our position in that one instead of bringing up pointless tables about how we don't take as many fans to games as Blackpool. Boo frickin' hoo.

But it can be argued that our poor support is one of the reasons we can't sustain football at our current level which has a bearing on our results and position.

I don't begrudge anyone not going because they can't afford it. But don't moan when people refuse to pay the priced at the KM.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 04, 2011, 06:52:38 pm by normal rules »
4 exiles and sth from lincs not going doubt we will go to Leeds either

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 04, 2011, 06:56:23 pm by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=196950
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=196940

But it can be argued that our poor support is one of the reasons we can't sustain football at our current level which has a bearing on our results and position.

I don't begrudge anyone not going because they can't afford it. But don't moan when people refuse to pay the priced at the KM.

You could argue that yes, fair enough. But ultimately our attendance were not catastrophically bigger two years ago when we were more than earning our place in this division. And I have never moaned about people refusing to pay the prices at the Keepmoat, I don't blame people at all for not wanting to spend their own money on something they deem to be overpriced, be it a Rovers home game or a Barnsley away game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 04, 2011, 06:58:51 pm by MrFrost »
If I remember correctly our average away attendance in our first Championship season was almost 1700. It's now down towards the 500 mark.

If don't know how anyone can say that isn't worrying.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 04, 2011, 07:07:22 pm by RoversAlias »
You can't judge us comparatively on this season though. Let's examine our away matches so far this season, of which there's only been 7:

Brighton - Miiiiles away. And we still took 1500, a very good effort.
Derby - Overpriced to the same degree as Barnsley is.
Cardiff - Another long expedition to a place we pretty much always lose.
Reading - Have we ever taken many fans here?
Peterborough - Smallest ground in the division.
Blackpool - Tuesday night.
Portsmouth - See Brighton.

If our average two seasons ago was up at 1700 like you said, then fair enough but you're comparing 23 games to 7 for a start, and then you're not looking at it reasonably. That 1700 average contains attendances from more reasonably priced matches at Barnsley and Derby, and also includes local derbies against the Sheffield clubs. If our average is still that low at the end of the season then fair enough.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on November 04, 2011, 08:04:07 pm by silent majority »
I make that 146.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 04, 2011, 08:27:29 pm by Jonathan »
Difficult for me to add to this thread with anything other than to say that I do fully back the drive to bring down stupid prices (of which Barnsley is a prime example) and I might add I'm not really in favour of ours either.

Prices are keeping people away for sure. I don't attend as many games as I did, just can't justify it nowadays.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 04, 2011, 09:18:59 pm by not on facebook »
this thread has a tye of sheep looking thing about it.

wonder how many would NOT be going if rovers were in a top six slot?

breek breek breek

TinyPortal © 2005-2012