Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:58:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The 'I'm not going to Barnsley' thread  (Read 14996 times)

Donnylass

• Forum Member
Re: The 'I'm not going to Barnsley' thread
« Reply #90 on November 04, 2011, 10:05:50 pm by Donnylass »
Quote from: \"oslorovers\" post=196987
this thread has a tye of sheep looking thing about it.

wonder how many would NOT be going if rovers were in a top six slot?

breek breek breek

Donny could be top of the table in this league, but it still doesn't put any more money in my bank account :cry:. As I've said on the Donate to Billy thread, I'd rather put what little money I can afford to better use.  :scarf:  I save up for a S/T so I can at least go to home games to show my support :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 04, 2011, 10:12:09 pm by sham69 »
Oslo and, i hate to say it, MrFrosty, are correct on this issue, if we were top, we would take at least 3000 to Barnsley. People, always find money when a team is winning. Though of course there are some genuine fans who could not afford it, winning or not, but we have a massive amount of fickle/glory hunting Rovers till we die (or lose a few) fans. The dingles will have a good giggle at our turnout.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on November 04, 2011, 10:20:14 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Me and my son, Im not giving the dingles my hard earned.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 04, 2011, 11:09:11 pm by mutleyrover »
Me and my son. Same applies to anywhere over 30 GBP

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 05, 2011, 12:44:04 am by RobTheRover »
What happened to the agreement to reduce prices for our nearest local derby on a reciprocal basis?  Have the Dingles reneged?

I was looking forward to our annual pilgrimage to Jokewell, especially as its the day after the Carter USM gig, but I wont pay £30 for Barnsley.  Cat C game, at best.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on November 05, 2011, 05:10:12 am by Mr1Croft »
Sometimes the price isn't at all relevant.

Any chance of some statto comparing our away attendances at every away game in our first season in the Championship, and then the second, because I am positive we have never taken more to the same ground the second time around than the first (expcet Swansea perhaps with ethe second game being last game of season) just because people get bored easily.

We were bottom of the league nearly and still managed to take almost double to Hillsborough than the season after. At Forest I'm never really sure why we take less and less. I remember us taking a fair bit to Coventry, Blackpool, Middlesborough Preston, Norwich, pourtsmouth Ipswich and even Plymouth compared to our second visit.

Attendances are falling across the country and for our fan base it seems like people just turn up to go to a ground they have never been before.

I rememeber we took a fair bit to Southampton on that sunny winter day, I wonder how many we'll take this time around..

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 05, 2011, 06:47:08 am by Albert Trousers »
All this doom and gloom about our away support, Barnsley took 228 to Portsmouth, 7 days later we took 369.
There you go, were massive again!!

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on November 05, 2011, 08:52:16 am by Woodhead Passer »
Add 2 more. Don't see the point where you're comparing Barnsley's prices to Leeds and West Ham though, have you seen what Oakwell looks like?
Also West Ham is a new place for us and we won't get another chance to go there (more than likely).

Just like when we took all those fans to Newcastle, not sure how muc they were but they were probably roughly the same price.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on November 05, 2011, 09:15:21 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Albert Trousers\" post=197013
All this doom and gloom about our away support, Barnsley took 228 to Portsmouth, 7 days later we took 369.
There you go, were massive again!!

The Barnsley game at Portsmouth was a Saturday evening and on Sky.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on November 05, 2011, 09:21:05 am by mushRTID »
Love how Mr Frost is trying to shoot down rovers fans with his opinion we would take more if top of the league.....

A fact that would apply to 95% of the football clubs in this country!!! Not just us.

Thats the problem with us recently, were always trying to have a pop/point score over each other. Its depressing.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 05, 2011, 09:25:29 am by Barmby Rover »
Had it all planned out to go to the match with a Dingle friend of mine, then saw the price. The Dingle has a season ticket but there will be two less Rovers there.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on November 05, 2011, 10:13:52 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"adam3rovers\" post=197015
Add 2 more. Don't see the point where you're comparing Barnsley's prices to Leeds and West Ham though, have you seen what Oakwell looks like?
Also West Ham is a new place for us and we won't get another chance to go there (more than likely).

Just like when we took all those fans to Newcastle, not sure how muc they were but they were probably roughly the same price.

I thought the idea of supporting a team was to do that, support the team. Not go ground hopping.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on November 05, 2011, 10:21:06 am by vaya »
Finite resources, people will pick and choose. Football isn't immune from market forces.

If people can only afford maybe half a dozen away games a season, does it matter which ones they are? Once I've laid out for my season ticket (the financial benefit of which goes straight to Rovers) I've not much left to spread over the rest of the season, I assume in the current climate many people will be in the same position.

Considering the Barnsley game is £10 more than last season, it's hardly an incentive to apportion some of those limited resources is it?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on November 05, 2011, 10:42:14 am by Norfolk N Chance »
2 more here:headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 05, 2011, 11:00:05 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=197029

I thought the idea of supporting a team was to do that, support the team. Not go ground hopping.

Supporting the team means paying for your home ticket, not relying on freebies like you have openly admitted to in the past and now you`re berating people on here because they won`t pay the extortionate rate being asked, something you`ve also admitted to in the past, preferring to try and get a freebie or a cheap ticket from someone, come on Frosty you can`t have it both ways!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on November 05, 2011, 11:11:12 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=197040
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=197029

Supporting the team means paying for your home ticket, not relying on freebies like you have openly admitted to in the past and now you`re berating people on here because they won`t pay the extortionate rate being asked, something you`ve also admitted to in the past, preferring to try and get a freebie or a cheap ticket from someone, come on Frosty you can`t have it both ways!

I don't rely on freebies. If i've been offered one before, I have taken advantage of it. Who wouldn't?
I'm not berating people who don't want to pay £30 to go to Barnsley. I'm berating the ones who slagged off fellow fans for complaining about our own prices, and for fans who will pay the prices at West Ham because it is a \"new ground\".

Cricketer3

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on November 05, 2011, 11:13:09 am by Cricketer3 »
add 2 more

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on November 05, 2011, 11:27:24 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
Mr Frost your last post does not stand up one bit, read the thread, if people only have enough money to go to a limited amount of away games then why not go to a new ground , experience.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on November 05, 2011, 11:30:59 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"Goldthorpe Rover\" post=197053
Mr Frost your last post does not stand up one bit, read the thread, if people only have enough money to go to a limited amount of away games then why not go to a new ground , experience.

Or if you had a limited amount of money, wouldn't you go to the nearest fixture, rather than one which would have significant travel costs involved?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on November 05, 2011, 11:38:40 am by The Red Baron »
I wasn't planning to go anyway, although had I been I'd have thought twice at the prices being charged. Barnsley isn't particularly local for me anyway, living as I do in the Midlands. I'm likely to be at St Andrews on 10th December though.

Home games come first though, as at least I'm putting money into DRFC that way.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on November 05, 2011, 12:44:04 pm by silent majority »

As I said in the opening post, it was to gauge how many would not be going because of the cost. All the other arguments put up by Frosty are irrelevant.

The intention was to make Barnsley aware.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on November 05, 2011, 12:59:54 pm by MrFrost »
Why are they irrelevant? Because you say so?
I think you'll find all threads on the forum diversify to some point.

carlislerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on November 05, 2011, 01:07:35 pm by carlislerover »
me too Bill - Maybe I'll do watford instead?:rtid:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on November 05, 2011, 01:26:56 pm by benaldo »
How many of you were not going to be going anyway regardless of price?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on November 05, 2011, 01:57:09 pm by Rovers Return »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=197071
Why are they irrelevant? Because you say so?
I think you'll find all threads on the forum diversify to some point.

Errr because it's his thread and yes because he says so. DOH!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on November 05, 2011, 02:16:38 pm by MrFrost »
Sorry, I didn't know people owned threads. My bad.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on November 05, 2011, 02:18:15 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=197091
Sorry, I didn't know people owned threads. My bad.

But you were aware of why I put the thread up and the reasons for doing so because I sent you a pm which you purposely ignored.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on November 05, 2011, 02:23:59 pm by MrFrost »
I didn't ignore it, you will find I replied with my thoughts. It is an open forum is it not? If you don't like what I have to say, then ban me. Simple!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on November 05, 2011, 02:26:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
2 more not going here.

I think the issue about taking more away fans to places like West Ham is irrelevant. Of course we will take more there - they're the biggest club in this league, we probably won't play them in the league again for years, and most of our fans will have never been to their ground.

Barnsley, on the other hand; most have been there before, we know we will go again, and obviously don't think an hour and a half's entertainment in the freezing cold at Oakwell is worth £30!

The other argument, regarding if we were top of the league, is also irrelevant. Yes would take more if we were top of the league - what's your point exactly?

Please let's get back on topic - if you aren't going to the Barnsley game because you feel £30 is too expensive, please post here. If you want to digress or raise another issue, even along similar lines, please start another thread. Thanks. :byebye

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on November 05, 2011, 02:31:19 pm by MrFrost »
I presume by that then, ALL topics should be kept on topic and not diversify from the original post? Maybe you should moderate the board a little more effectively then?

Just because you think something is irrelevant, doesn't mean it isn't relevant for someone else.

As I pointed out before - what of the people who were having a dig at fellow fans for not wanting to pay Rovers inflated prices, yet are now saying they wont pay the prices at Barnsley? Double standards?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012