Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:43:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: guardian industries in goole  (Read 9751 times)

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
guardian industries in goole
« on November 10, 2011, 08:23:56 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
i have got a job interview there next fri i am wondering if anyone on here workes there or knows anyone that workes there and what it is like ???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: guardian industries in goole
« Reply #1 on November 10, 2011, 08:42:17 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=198050
i have got a job interview there next fri i am wondering if anyone on here workes there or knows anyone that workes there and what it is like ???

Good Luck, with it being a Glass factory and me having 23 years experience working in a glass factory I thought I`d apply there, i`ve had two interviews there and both times I got knocked back for not meeting their criteria, I wondered why having 23 years experience is n`t enough until I spoke to someone who works there, apparently the most experienced people there had only worked in a glass factory for about 5 or 6 years since it opened, the supervisors could n`t handle the fact that they would have someone underneath them that knew more about the job than them. It`s the supervisors that do the interviews, shifts are continuous and are 8-4, 4-12, and 12-8, every Guardian factory around the world works the same shifts in synchronization, so in other parts of the world there would be some wierd starting and finishing times

P.S. my interview times we weird as well, one at 7pm and the other at 9pm!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #2 on November 10, 2011, 08:45:58 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=198056
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=198050

Good Luck, with it being a Glass factory and me having 23 years experience working in a glass factory I thought I`d apply there, i`ve had two interviews there and both times I got knocked back for not meeting their criteria, I wondered why having 23 years experience is n`t enough until I spoke to someone who works there, apparently the most experienced people there had only worked in a glass factory for about 5 or 6 years since it opened, the supervisors could n`t handle the fact that they would have someone underneath them that knew more about the job than them. It`s the supervisors that do the interviews, shifts are continuous and are 8-4, 4-12, and 12-8, every Guardian factory around the world works the same shifts in synchronization, so in other parts of the world there would be some wierd starting and finishing times

P.S. my interview times we weird as well, one at 7pm and the other at 9pm!

They saw straight through you mate :laugh:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 10, 2011, 09:22:08 pm by mushRTID »
Sounds like they shattered your dreams Filo.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 11, 2011, 07:34:01 am by Muttley »
Filo, you obviously didn't have enough bottle.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 11, 2011, 08:15:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
To be honest it sounds like regarding your experience they just glazed over the fact that you had it.  I'm sure you'd have done a smashing job though.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 11, 2011, 08:23:27 am by Donnywolf »
... lol nearly sheet myself laughing

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 11, 2011, 09:10:44 am by Dagenham Rover »
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=198083
... lol nearly sheet myself laughing

Hope its self cleaning

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 11, 2011, 09:40:51 am by mushRTID »
To be fair to Filo, those interview times sound a right pane!

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 13, 2011, 07:17:10 pm by billdoor »
Good luck. But if you don't get the job,theres a pub nearby where you can go get yourself smashed.

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 14, 2011, 06:31:39 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
yeah this is my second interview there andyes billdoor i could but im starting a night shift straight after lol

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 18, 2011, 08:13:20 pm by billdoor »
Keep us up to date. No pressure from the whole of the forum then. lol

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 19, 2011, 03:41:21 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
haha i got the job i start on 3rd jan who said there was not any jobs out there !!!

and billdoor i thrive under pressure lol

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 19, 2011, 10:10:22 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=199059
haha i got the job i start on 3rd jan who said there was not any jobs out there !!!

i think i could say i smashed it .

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 20, 2011, 08:54:03 pm by billdoor »
Well done!!
We'll all raise a glass to that,good news.... ooooopppps dropped it!lol

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 21, 2011, 03:38:48 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
cheers mate im sure it will be cracking !!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 21, 2011, 03:42:14 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=199929
cheers mate im sure it will be cracking !!!

Well done, you`ll have to let me know the secret, is it in the new coating plant?

If it`s on the hot end, make sure you drink plenty of water and take salt tablets!

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 22, 2011, 09:11:44 pm by billdoor »
I work at Stobarts across the road,and live in Armthorpe.

I have a 1.4 car and travel at between 55 and 60mph. It takes £25 of fuel per week

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 23, 2011, 06:49:35 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
filo yes it is in the new coating plant but they are training me up in every department and cheers for the advice on the salt tablets .
and billdoor i will be traveling in a 1.7 TD from skellow so should be around the same i would think.

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 23, 2011, 07:07:13 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
Filo would you say it was a secure job because I have a job now what is secure but would just like some info on the job and is it a good trade to get into ? I always worry when I get a new job and leave the old place behind because I like to have a secure income for my family ????

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 23, 2011, 09:06:34 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=200339
Filo would you say it was a secure job because I have a job now what is secure but would just like some info on the job and is it a good trade to get into ? I always worry when I get a new job and leave the old place behind because I like to have a secure income for my family ????

From what I`ve been told, it`s as secure as any job these days, apparently alot leave because they can`t handle the shifts, continuous working patterns are a pain if you`re not used to them i.e. weekends, christmas, new year etc, many people don`t appreciate the dangers of working with glass, wear your PPE all the time, especially your safety glasses, and make sure any packs of glass are propped up securely, i`ve seen a man crushed to death under 6 tons of glass

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 24, 2011, 01:48:40 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
ok cheers for that filo i work on a crap rota now anyway and £10,000 a year more you cannot turn down and i always wear my ppe and do things in a safe mannor.

billdoor

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 12, 2012, 07:51:35 pm by billdoor »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=199059

Well hows the new job?

Is it all its cracked up to be?

All those puns are still coming!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 12, 2012, 08:01:32 pm by RobTheRover »
Maybe he rolled in on the first day but got blown out?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 12, 2012, 08:09:26 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Rob rims goats in his spare time.

Post1929

« Reply #25 on January 23, 2012, 09:40:48 pm by Post1929 »
Hi there I have just been for a recruitment day last Friday there was 10 in all for factory tour and tests .

There are 2 more lots of ten this week for the  same  there after 12 more for the jobs just after wait and see if I get a interview . What glass factory did you work in was it the same

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 23, 2012, 10:00:16 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Post1929\" post=214859
Hi there I have just been for a recruitment day last Friday there was 10 in all for factory tour and tests .

There are 2 more lots of ten this week for the  same  there after 12 more for the jobs just after wait and see if I get a interview . What glass factory did you work in was it the same

Pilkingtons, Kirk Sandal

Post1929

« Reply #27 on January 23, 2012, 10:11:29 pm by Post1929 »
Ok so same stuff then You would have thought they would have taken you on did you have a look round the factory . What I saw last week they  all look a bit laid back do you no any one that works there just wondered what it's like  wages not that good  from what they told me for sifts you have to do

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 23, 2012, 10:18:42 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Post1929\" post=214868
Ok so same stuff then You would have thought they would have taken you on did you have a look round the factory . What I saw last week they  all look a bit laid back do you no any one that works there just wondered what it's like  wages not that good  from what they told me for sifts you have to do

I know 4 people that work there, from what I gather take home pay in the warehouse is about £1350 per month, if you get a job on the Hot End you`ll probably get your pay enhanced with a payment for working in extremely hot and uncomfortable conditions. from what i`ve been told though, the new recruits will probably be working in the new laminating plant.

shifts are 8-4, 4-12, and 12-8, 7 days a week 52 weeks of the year

Post1929

« Reply #29 on January 23, 2012, 10:46:39 pm by Post1929 »
Yes that's what we were told it's the new coater plant there sending them out to luxumberg for about 20 days  training pays about £24,000 a year  that's after a year . Another thing all of the lads that were there were from about 30 to 56 years of age . I thought they would have all been about 25 to 30  so how come they did no take you on  what did you think to the shift manager

TinyPortal © 2005-2012