Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:38:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: guardian industries in goole  (Read 9750 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: guardian industries in goole
« Reply #30 on January 23, 2012, 10:54:59 pm by Filo »
Knowing more about the glass industry than the shift managers and having far more experience than them probably worked against me

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Post1929

« Reply #31 on January 23, 2012, 11:14:09 pm by Post1929 »
Well you might be right there what you doing now then since pilkingtons shut down

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 23, 2012, 11:40:34 pm by Filo »
Taxi Driver

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 25, 2012, 02:02:04 pm by firestarter »
I worked there when it first opened..lasted 10 months due to the shite management...treated the lads like crap at every opportunity. I had an accident which could have been a lot worse and after 2 days off was being harrassed by shift manager t go back to work. Lots of good lads worked there when I started...don't think any are still there....worst job I ever had...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 26, 2012, 01:13:43 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"firestarter\" post=215221
I worked there when it first opened..lasted 10 months due to the shite management...treated the lads like crap at every opportunity. I had an accident which could have been a lot worse and after 2 days off was being harrassed by shift manager t go back to work. Lots of good lads worked there when I started...don't think any are still there....worst job I ever had...

Well I had heard that they don`t like you having accidents and there`s a big blame culture, usually ending up with the accident victim getting a warning, I also heard safety is not top of their priorities either, lethal when you`re working with glass!

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 26, 2012, 09:13:45 am by drfc_burton_drfc »
Well I have been there about a month now and all is good it is better than my last job and you take home 1500 a month for the first year then it goes up to 1600 a month take home and that is in all departments hot end , cold end or warehouse  you also get a bonus of around 300-400 every 6 months the shifts are probably the hardest to get around but I am use to that kind of shift work so it was not a problem for me I have been told that if you keep your head down and do the work you are ment to do then u will be ok and filo a bloke from pilkes workes there called alan I forgot his second name he was a super intendent at pilks and about 55 years of age gray hair and wears glasses do u know him ? All I can say is if u are willing to work and do the job then u will be fine but if u want to just laze about then its not the job for you.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 26, 2012, 09:38:47 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=215525
Well I have been there about a month now and all is good it is better than my last job and you take home 1500 a month for the first year then it goes up to 1600 a month take home and that is in all departments hot end , cold end or warehouse  you also get a bonus of around 300-400 every 6 months the shifts are probably the hardest to get around but I am use to that kind of shift work so it was not a problem for me I have been told that if you keep your head down and do the work you are ment to do then u will be ok and filo a bloke from pilkes workes there called alan I forgot his second name he was a super intendent at pilks and about 55 years of age gray hair and wears glasses do u know him ? All I can say is if u are willing to work and do the job then u will be fine but if u want to just laze about then its not the job for you.

Alan Teale, he was relief foreman in the department I worked in, other ex pilks that I know work there are Dave Stocks, Phil Bullock, Shaun Ross and Brian Kitching

drfc_burton_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 26, 2012, 05:06:26 pm by drfc_burton_drfc »
Yeah that's the man he is showing me the ropes he seems like a good bloke but he says its no we're near as good as pilks

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 26, 2012, 07:51:26 pm by knockers »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=215717
Yeah that's the man he is showing me the ropes he seems like a good bloke but he says its no we're near as good as pilks

Is that not Bridon:coat:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 26, 2012, 08:24:36 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"drfc_burton_drfc\" post=215717

Thats Alan, cut him in half and he`ll bleed pilks

TinyPortal © 2005-2012