Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:24:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to be ruthless!!!!!!  (Read 4368 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Time to be ruthless!!!!!!
« on November 19, 2011, 04:42:59 pm by Filo »
A few former favourites need to be moved on, they are just not doing it anymore, start with the midfield, that is the biggest problem, this team could n`t hold it`s own in League 1!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Time to be ruthless!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on November 19, 2011, 04:50:41 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=199158
A few former favourites need to be moved on, they are just not doing it anymore, start with the midfield, that is the biggest problem, this team could n`t hold it`s own in League 1!

Ageed 100%.

Stock, Gillett, Coppinger, Friend (our new midfield dynamo...... :blink:  :woohoo: ????!!!!!! :S  :blink:  :blush: ), Martis, should all be handed their arses and then given time to move off into league one or lower. And if anyone thinks any of those players are any good I'll bet a beer to anyone that none of them will move to a championship club ever.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #2 on November 19, 2011, 04:53:56 pm by I-was-there1976 »
How do you get rid of players that are tied to contracts ?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 19, 2011, 04:57:18 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=199171
How do you get rid of players that are tied to contracts ?

Erm.....you sell them at a cut price. Thought that was obvious.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #4 on November 19, 2011, 04:58:41 pm by I-was-there1976 »
and they move to a lower placed club for less wages.

f**k me how easy ????????????:headbang:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 19, 2011, 05:00:46 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=199179
and they move to a lower placed club for less wages.

f**k me how easy ????????????:headbang:

I thought Rovers didn't pay very much? Ergo, some league one outfits WILL be able to match their pay.......

I-was-there1976

« Reply #6 on November 19, 2011, 05:05:06 pm by I-was-there1976 »
The ones who can pay good wages in league 1 want better than Crocky Stocky, Gorgeous George,Midget Gillett and Coppingers Gloves

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 19, 2011, 05:07:05 pm by benaldo »
Are you telling me that SOD landed Rovers with a crock of shite on long term contracts?

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 19, 2011, 05:08:01 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
we dont need defenders WE NEED MIDFIELD PLAYERS stock and gillet are totally out off there depths .why do you think friend is playin in midfield and not at his CB position .

I-was-there1976

« Reply #9 on November 19, 2011, 05:09:22 pm by I-was-there1976 »
2 weeks ago Rovers were great and they might be great in another 2 weeks when all these Premiershit stars sign

Life goes on

time for some Fajitas

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 19, 2011, 05:10:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
Question has JR got the money to replace these players? Answer no!  So unless we can sign quality for 2000 a week then Dean, JR, the board and us are stuck with what we have got.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 19, 2011, 05:14:16 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DRFCBRADFORD\" post=199191
we dont need defenders WE NEED MIDFIELD PLAYERS stock and gillet are totally out off there depths .why do you think friend is playin in midfield and not at his CB position .

Can I just remind you, those two are SOD`s players! ;)

Son of thor

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 19, 2011, 05:17:37 pm by Son of thor »
Why do we play two full backs in midfield.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 19, 2011, 05:18:57 pm by ditch_drfc »
ok moan about how we dont have these players when we get relegated. its funny how many of you say they areleague one players and whilst saying at the same time that were going down. if we go down we'll need those players

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 19, 2011, 05:21:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=199196

Can I just remind you, those two are SOD`s players! ;)

Does that help the team to improve, does that help Dean but it helps you to blame Sean. We have what we got its not going to get better unless we get quality players. A part from Billy the board have failed to finance a quality player in the last three years what we have are fading and we have not improved.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 19, 2011, 06:02:56 pm by Chris Black come back »

We do need defenders. Or more accurately, we need good defenders. Our pushover, makeshift defence has been shite for at least two seasons. This has gone on for too long and needs to be sorted. NOW.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 19, 2011, 06:14:04 pm by andysly »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=199189
Are you telling me that SOD landed Rovers with a crock of shite on long term contracts?

Same players who only 10 months ago had us onthe edge of the play offs. Only difference being they had a manager who knew how to set a team up to get best out of them. Not a clueless chancer from Wrexham.
With the extra quality afforded from some of the new players SoD would have this team flying.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 19, 2011, 06:14:26 pm by grayx »

**************** thankyou ************************

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 19, 2011, 07:51:21 pm by Derby Viking »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=199241

Same players who only 10 months ago had us onthe edge of the play offs. Only difference being they had a manager who knew how to set a team up to get best out of them. Not a clueless chancer from Wrexham.
With the extra quality afforded from some of the new players SoD would have this team flying.

Hence why they had won 3 of their last 32 games....

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 19, 2011, 08:02:27 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
Quote from: \"Derby Viking\" post=199324
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=199241

Hence why they had won 3 of their last 32 games....

totally agree derby

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 19, 2011, 08:26:03 pm by andysly »
And how many were playing in that period.

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 19, 2011, 08:42:10 pm by cmonyoureds »
for me saunders got it all wrong  and seemed clueless anyone who was there knows we need defenders and quick the 1st goal absolute joke.sod did not have money and the chance dean is throwing away so had to take players he could on contracts he could.billy sharp wont be here long had no interest at being there. felt like diouf was quality but just sadly some lads not on his wave lengh.people slagging off stock calling him the croc he had a pain killing injection to be out there today we needed 5 man midfield pack it out let people rat around and then just give stocky the ball and let him pass because he is still in my eyes one of best passers in league.george friend on left wing he won a few headers was never going to do much to be fair think he was put tere to deal with butterfield but did not do well he looks as good as anyone in this league and only a young lad.all in all bad day in office and think alot of people need to look at themselves today!!!!! heads up go again next week up the reds :):rtid: :scarf:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 19, 2011, 10:50:13 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=199340
And how many were playing in that period.

My thoughts exactly.

The point bieng we were never in the bottom 3 during that period, call it close or lucky SOD kept us up which was still a miracle for our stature. We also had a great first half of the season so we could only just afford to fall like we did.

Blame SOD's players all you like Dean Saunders was brought in to start winning straight away, he came to save our season NOW, id rather we went down with SOD than DS, for what SOD did he deserves to manage and field what Saunders has.

Like it or not, week in week out this is the best DONCASTER ROVERS XI in our history, and on paper we look stronger but look lost on the pitch, and its not Saunders fault? Wake up and smell the cofee before were like Stevenage priding ourselves singing \"your in the same league as Rovers\"

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 20, 2011, 12:03:59 am by Derby Viking »
We looked lost on the pitch before Saunders joined too.

I'm not saying Saunders is the answer at all but SOD looked like a man defeated before we played towards the end of his reign - he had run out of ideas and there is not one manager in the country that would not have sacked with his record at the time. We were heading down with him so a change was needed to try and keep us up - just probably not the one that was made

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 20, 2011, 01:12:56 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Derby Viking\" post=199394
We looked lost on the pitch before Saunders joined too.

I'm not saying Saunders is the answer at all but SOD looked like a man defeated before we played towards the end of his reign - he had run out of ideas and there is not one manager in the country that would not have sacked with his record at the time. We were heading down with him so a change was needed to try and keep us up - just probably not the one that was made

Did we really? I mean can you honestly say it was that bad after peformances like today?

I know SOD looked lost himself, under stress and it makes you ask if he knew what was going on behind his back? I don't buy what JR said, the change wasn't a 3 hour thing, and the fact that Brammall was on holiday and Watson said he didn't even need to consult him becase he knew Brammall was behind the decision, did the board put their cards on the table hoping SOD would resign?

For me personally I was comfortable with SOD in charge, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, can I personall say the same about Saunders? In truth I can't I gave him as much time as I deemed necessary, and now I think he's had long enough and although we have the win is the team playing better as a result? The answer for me personally is no, no I can't...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 20, 2011, 01:22:54 am by dickos1 »
What a load of rubbish. Absolute shite. We lost 2-0 to Cardiff and reading under sod. We've just beaten Ipswich away, get a grip will ya! Our record under Saunders is much better than under sod this season. Your so negative it really is unbelievable. I was one of sods biggest fans but this attitude is ridiculous!! Your just wanting to see us fail, which is wrong

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 20, 2011, 01:30:41 am by Mr1Croft »
Cardiff and Reading?? WAs you expecting anything other than a loss? We've lost our identity, our football and positivity, there isn't just me who expects us to do crap, but that doesn't mean I want us to do crap, I hate saying what I do but I'm refusing to let the good results cover up how poor we are, we were lucky against Ipswich and we look worse game on game desote fielding a better 11 game on game...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 20, 2011, 02:04:55 am by dickos1 »
We were lucky against Ipswich are you for real?? We could and should of been 5 or 6 up at Half time. They made it 3-2 in 94th minute!! Lucky! Youve got to be joking! I expected nothing more from Ipswich than I did from reading or Cardiff but hey we won. But you can't be happy about that, your only happy when there's seething to moan about!!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 20, 2011, 02:21:30 am by Mr1Croft »
We only had 3 shots on target and 4 off, by that logic Ipswich should have scored 13-14 because they had 15 shots in total.

Who says I wasn't happy? Overjoyed was an understatement. Once again your putting words into my mouth and trying to make me less of a fan because I don't have an opinion to match yours. One of my early memories of a Rovers fan was at Belle Vue in the conference, we drew 0-0, it was freezing and the highlight of my day was hearing the pop stand sing \"The Referee's a w*nker\" I never thought I'd see a more boring game of football from the Rovers.

How wrong I was...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 20, 2011, 02:42:10 am by dickos1 »
But we had 3 or 4 good chances before half time, just because we never hit the target doesn't mean we struggled. The first half we were very good, brilliant in fact. And to go in at 3-0
Was a good scoreline for them!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012