Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:27:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Mason  (Read 5182 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Ryan Mason
« Reply #30 on November 23, 2011, 03:15:22 pm by dickos1 »
Sod never destroyed our youth team but he didn't help them. Just listen to the youth coaches now talking about the reserve team being a necessity to bridge the large gap between youth football and first football. Sod wouldn't of offered husband a 2 year contract he would of got 3 months like noble and nelthorpe and even fairhursts first contract was only for months.
And if your saying Leeds need to be thanked then it's the same as green coming from Wednesdays, Leeds released him before he signed yts forms. The majority of our academy squad is made up of players that were released by bigger clubs at 14, 15.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 23, 2011, 03:27:57 pm by SiBo »
What Noble, Nelthorpe and Fairhurst who have all gone on to massive bigger and better things since leaving Rovers thus proving the point that SOD was right not to give them all long contracts??

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 23, 2011, 03:40:39 pm by dickos1 »
And do u think they were given the opportunity here? Nobody can go from youth team straight into championship football! The development of them wasn't right, maybe sod didn't think they were good enough, but this is the first contract we've given a youngster since we go back in the league, I'm sure there were players in those years just as good as husband!

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 23, 2011, 03:53:31 pm by SiBo »
'The development of them wasnt right' - what you mean giving them all the opportunity to train day in day out with good pros, then, when it was felt they were ready sending them out to lower league clubs to get League experience and prove that when they came back they were good enough to feature for our first team. Except none of them did do that did they? Martin Woods goes to Yeovil on loan, comes back and becomes a mainstay of our midfield until injury. Fairhurst goes to Shrewsbury, Southend and Hereford and doesn't do much to suggest that he's got what it takes to cut it in Championship. As I said before, good luck to Husband, hope he does well but at the moment, it smacks of PR stunt to temper influx of short-term fixes. But only time, is going to tell us that.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 23, 2011, 04:08:56 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
dident fairhurst score a goal a game in the couple of matches he started and when billy got injured the desision to sell him looked sill them. having sed that havent herd owt of him since so he is probs crap

Realistic Rover

« Reply #35 on November 23, 2011, 09:08:07 pm by Realistic Rover »
Just remind me again who it is that forced Lalkovic and Mason out of the club?[/quote]

Im every so sorry i forgot they were both first team regulars under the messiah! They are both very talented players more so Lalkovic who i think will go on to be a top player either here in England or elsewhere in Europe.How many minutes did he get under O'driscoll? Not many and even less in his favoured forward position plus his wages were massive.As for Mason well O'driscoll didn't trust him in a relagation battle as his minutes on the pitch during last seasons run in will prove.So i wouldn't say they have been forced out as they arn't even our players.

Mr1Croft,all i asked was for you to do some research before you post.Fact,it was Sean O'driscoll who got rid of the reserve team.Fact,it was Dean Saunders who handed James Husbands a long term deal.All this said i believe you have a future in politics as you speak bullshit and can't deal with facts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012