Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:03:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Funniest thing you've heard at a Rovers match.  (Read 8419 times)

Hotdogs4$ale

• Forum Member
Funniest thing you've heard at a Rovers match.
« on November 23, 2011, 10:57:34 am by Hotdogs4$ale »
Just for a bit of light relief I thought it might be an idea to share some of the funnier moments in the career of a Rovers fan. I'll start the ball rolling with the classic taunt levelled at the Barnsley Manager of the time Paul Hart.

Shouted from the Main Stand of OBV as Mr Hart ill-advisedly decided to stretch his legs in front of his dugout...

\"F*ck of Hart, you cheap-shoed b@stard!\"

:clapping:  :woot:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Funniest thing you've heard at a Rovers match.
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2011, 11:03:15 am by ditch_drfc »
I think Peterborough away this season. Was there with my brother, and some guys sat behind us, 4 of them around 50 years old, were slating coppinger all match long. Anyway it came to one point and one of them just shouted out \"Go on coppinger you f**king coward!\"

Just made us burst out laughing at how pathetic some people are, telling him to \"go on\" whilst calling him a \"f**king coward\"

Apart from that, maybe some of the classic abuse given to the dingles and leeds fans. Although i do remember one player against villa getting some abuse, can't remember his name right now, but he had long hair, lots of \"gypoooo\" chants.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 23, 2011, 11:07:33 am by Filo »
When that Tranmere player called Dadi got sent off, all the Rovers fans singing where`s ya daddy gone

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 23, 2011, 11:22:47 am by benaldo »
1) The crowd at Belle Vue chanting \"Attack attack, attack attack attack\" Then Greeny is robbed of the ball and the other team catch Rovers on the break. \"Defend Defend, Defend Defend defend\".

2) At the KM at a pre season friendly.
Fan 1 \"Who's that midfielder?\"
Fan 2 \"It's that bloke from Man Utd...erm...something Fortune\"
Pause
Fan 1 \"He's not bad\"
fan 2 \"Yeah\"
Long pause
Fan 1 \"Have you seen his head?!\"
Fan 2 \"What?\"
fan 1 \"His head...it's like ET\"
Long pause, then Fortune gets the ball in midfield.
Both Shouting together in an alien Voice \"Eeeeeee Teeeeeeeeeee\"

Then at the same match. The same two fans had the following exchange -
Fan 1 \"IS that Uriah Rennie Running the line?\"
fan 2 \"Yeah, I think it is\"
Fan 1 \"He's shit\"
Fan 2 \"No he isn't, he's a bloody good ref. Why do you think he's shit?\"
Fan 1 \"He booked me 15 years ago in the Rotherham Sunday League. I could have had a career as a footballer but he ruined it.\"
Fan 2 \"I was at that match, you were shit. Thats why you trained to be a ref, because you were a shit footballer.\"
Fan 1 \"Still, I never deserved that booking.\"
Fan 2 \"Alright then, you go down there and tell him.\"
fan 1 (Shouting) \"Uriah\" - Uriah Turns round from the touchline. \"You booked me 15 years ago for nothing! Remember int Rotherham league when I slid in on Billy Roberts and you booked me for nothing. DO you remember?\"
- Uriah nods his head -
Both fans shouting - \"YOU bas**rd\"

I wish I sat in front of them every week. It was like being at a comedy show.

Rosso Exile Deux

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 23, 2011, 11:36:20 am by Rosso Exile Deux »
Rovers several goals down and not long to go, Duggie gets off bench to warm up...shout from back \"Sit down son...its not that f****ing bad yet\"

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 23, 2011, 01:17:32 pm by vaya »
Off the top of my head:

Birmingham away three seasons ago – “Shut your face you gypos, any money and you’d all be Villa fans!”

Over the tannoy, Mansfield away –“Will the owner of blue Volvo registration YV51 8NW parked in Church street please return to your car as you’ve left the keys in the ignition” Presumably a blue Volvo never seen again.

Kidderminster away – pre-match there was a big build up to a “new fundraising initiative” that would “drive the club on” to be “announced at half time”. Turned out they wanted people to collect 5 pence pieces in Smartie tubes……

The torrent of abuse and threats launched at Mark Weaver whilst sat in the dugout at Worksop, literally right in his face.

Arsenal in the League Cup. Halfway line on the Popside, someone shouted something at Robin Van Persie at close range which I can’t repeat here, but I remain convinced had a major part in him leaving the pitch ‘injured’

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 23, 2011, 01:22:13 pm by prince »
\"Kick it!\"

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 23, 2011, 01:27:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
and george friend is our sponsors man of the match

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 23, 2011, 01:31:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Away at Gillingham in the early 90s: \"Bloody 'ell, this lot must be crap - WE'RE playing it on the floor!\"

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 23, 2011, 02:11:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Kidderminster at home in that snowstorm. Blonde bouffant full back comes over to Pop Side to take a throw in. Bloke int crowd shouts out. \"Oi! Beeon Borg!\" Full back turns round and says \"What?\"
\"Get yer f**king haircut, yer shit\". You had to be there.

Ken Avi leaving microphone on after half time. Thirty seconds into second half, he screams out at 120dB. \"Offside ref! He's miles off!\"

PopSide c1992. Corner comes over. WingCo rises like a salmon and plants a perfect header just wide if the post. Bloke in front of me screams \"Yessssss!!! Get f**king in!!!!!\" before he realises that the ball has gone wide. Calms down and says to his mates, \"Sorry lads. Premature congratulation.\"

Wasn't there for this one but it's gone down in folklore. Dagenham away. Rovers fans trooping in. Row of coppers lining the front of the away end. Six foot three, six foot two, six foot six, six foot four, five foot one, six foot three. One of Donny lads looks at shorty and shouts out, \"f**king ell cocker, tha wants to change thi butcher.\" Even the other coppers were pissing theirsens.

And the old 70s classic of the St Johns stretcher bearers falling over and dropping that player off the stretcher.

Rosso Exile Deux

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 23, 2011, 02:17:00 pm by Rosso Exile Deux »
And anuvver one....Hereford Away, to the portly refs assistant \"Hey Lino.....Do you know what a lettuce is ?\"

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 23, 2011, 03:27:19 pm by Donnybax »
Swansea away last season when a fan of ours who looks a lot like chris moyles did a very funny dance to the \"injuries\" song

redrover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 23, 2011, 03:46:35 pm by redrover19 »
Last season away at the marvelous Brammall Lane my self and Donnybax were watching the game from some horrible seats near the bottom of the stand, it was the 1st half and rovers were attacking away from us, Mark Wilson picks up the ball 30 yards out from goal and has a shot, from where we were sitting it was flying in all the way, we were up and ready to chear as the net bulged :woot: . the ball went out for a throw in and we looked like a right pair of idiots  :headbang: but we still laugh about it

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 23, 2011, 04:09:44 pm by andyst79 »
Can't remember what game but it was out  last season at Bellevue there was a kid about 12yrs old on the town end in front of me with a 2litre bottle of cherryade we scored and he just started spraying it everywhere like he'd just won the fa cup and there was a guy next to him in a cream jumper just got soaked in it he had to laugh tho!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 23, 2011, 04:16:23 pm by bedale rover »
pre season friendly against a man u reserve team circa 2002

david may goes to take  a throw in in front of the popside but has to wait briefly due injury or summat

a wag from the pop side shouts out

\"may your career has gone to shit\"

may looks up and just nods

cue howls of laughter :woot:

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 23, 2011, 05:21:56 pm by Rios »
Scarborough away on boxing day in the Conference.  They'd been giving it big since they got relegated down to join us in the conference and had managed to turn a non-descript game at the seaside into something with a bit of feeling.  They'd been on Marples back all game, chucking stuff at him and there were some racist taunts too...  and then their tannoy guy came on to compound their panning on the pitch to announce that they were indeed running a \"mini\" bus to the next away game!  Tinpot just didn't quite cover it...

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 23, 2011, 05:24:43 pm by CJK »
Scarborough away on one of the Boxing day fixtures, man on the tannoy announced something along the lines of \"...and next week we will be running a mini bus for supporters foing to the Southport game....\". Cue chants from the Rovers end of \"wheres your mini bus, wheres your mini bus\".

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 23, 2011, 05:28:17 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=200422

...I wish I sat in front of them every week. It was like being at a comedy show.

Haha, they sound like an epic pair.

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 23, 2011, 05:35:26 pm by danum »
strange that, I trawled and read all the way down with one in mind, only to see that Rios and CJK beat me ...

so second best - I remember once at Belle Vue during a floodlight failure that the tannoy announcer stated that Car Reg No xxx 123 had left his lights on in the Car Park, still unsure whether it was wit or irony ?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 23, 2011, 05:35:56 pm by Superspy »
This sort of thing isn't really rare in football, but it made me laugh.

At Bramall Lane either last season or the season before, one of the Blades fans was giving it large at the whole donny contingent, but he was wearing a tracksuit and looked a bit like a rat. Cue chants from us lot of \"who's the smackhead in the white?\"...followed by him being ejected. The problem was his girlfriend didn't go with him, she just sat there looking embarrassed, possibly compounded by the chant of \"do you take it up the arse?\"

Good times.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 23, 2011, 05:40:00 pm by Superspy »
Oh, and speaking of tannoy ones.

After the tannoy had announced that a person needed to return to their car immediately several times without giving a reason, the guy at the keepmoat opted for the more direct approach...

\"Could the owner of the car registration XXXXXXX please return to it immediately. Your handbrake is off, and your car is moving.\"

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 23, 2011, 07:59:26 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=200566

After the tannoy had announced that a person needed to return to their car immediately several times without giving a reason, the guy at the keepmoat opted for the more direct approach...

\"Could the owner of the car registration XXXXXXX please return to it immediately. Your handbrake is off, and your car is moving.\"

was that Leeds last season? shortly followed by \"where's your car gone?\"? :laugh: that's in my top 5, all my others are taken.

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 23, 2011, 08:01:31 pm by swifty50 »
Home game during the season we went down to the conference ball was played out to Robert debenham,he took his eye off the ball and it went out for a throw,someone shouted watch the bloody game,saturday santa shouted we bloody have to.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 23, 2011, 08:06:27 pm by benaldo »
:laugh: :laugh:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 23, 2011, 08:07:29 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Superspy\" post=200566

I know the owner of that car!!

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 23, 2011, 08:12:20 pm by inSODwetrust »
Not a 'heard' but a 'seen'.

Season we got promoted from League 1, opposition shoots towards South Stand, goes wide, hits the furthest away advertising board behind goal, then deflects to the one nearest pitch, the ball was inches off the match photographer and he just fell backwards off them small stools they have in the funniest fashion ever!

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 23, 2011, 09:35:36 pm by RTID75 »
I'm sure I must remember some better ones, but at the moment I recall these clearly:

Nuneaton away in a Conference season, lino on our side had been shite all game, cue 'Ey Copper - arrest that linesman!' as the old Bill walked past.

A game at BV, really can't remember which or when, but post Conference I think - an opposition player was particularly well built. All the Pop side thought he was too big - ie: doing steroids. Every time he came near the Pop he was getting chants of 'Tiny penis', but credit to him when he came to take a throw in on the Pop side and the chant happened again he turned, smiled and waggled his little finger!

Another Pop moment at Belle Vue, playing God knows who again (terrible memory, sorry!), but someone on the Pop got frustrated with either the ref or a player and started to shout out some abuse which ended with '... you f**king monkey...' paused for a split second whilst he thought of something to put after the word monkey, clearly couldn't think of anything to say, so finished his pause with 'cock!'.

Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 23, 2011, 09:44:04 pm by Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker »
Game at Obv, midweek match when we had Southall in goal, it went really quiet and all of a sudden, someone shouted..............Pizza delivery for Southall :laugh:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 23, 2011, 09:46:17 pm by Donnybax »
ive just thought of one regarding linos palace away last season we were sat very close to him and this rather overwieght lino makes one of his many bad decisions on the day so we all stand up and give him some abuse. Then we all quiet down....cue my mate donnydunph on this forum to shout to the linesman \" you fat lump\" and it had me in hysterics :lol:

donnydunph

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 23, 2011, 10:41:56 pm by donnydunph »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=200660
ive just thought of one regarding linos palace away last season we were sat very close to him and this rather overwieght lino makes one of his many bad decisions on the day so we all stand up and give him some abuse. Then we all quiet down....cue my mate donnydunph on this forum to shout to the linesman \" you fat lump\" and it had me in hysterics :lol:

hahaa well he was useless

TinyPortal © 2005-2012