Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:19:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Funniest thing you've heard at a Rovers match.  (Read 8421 times)

donnydunph

• Forum Member
Re: Funniest thing you've heard at a Rovers match.
« Reply #30 on November 23, 2011, 10:43:11 pm by donnydunph »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=200596
Not a 'heard' but a 'seen'.

Season we got promoted from League 1, opposition shoots towards South Stand, goes wide, hits the furthest away advertising board behind goal, then deflects to the one nearest pitch, the ball was inches off the match photographer and he just fell backwards off them small stools they have in the funniest fashion ever!

Yesss!! this was hiarious! shame 3rd eye didnt catch it, he went flying not very gracefully

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 24, 2011, 08:48:47 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
When Doolan first joined Rovers and looked a couple of stone above his fighting weight - it may have been Hereford away (the John Ryan match).  He went down after a challenge and the trainer ran on.  \"Quick...throw him a salad\" was the shout from in front of me.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 24, 2011, 09:09:35 am by keyser_soze »
Also Doolan related, he got some stick at BV off Paul Hart after nobbling McPhail earlier in the season. He scored a screamer from 25 yards to put us out of sight at 4-1 (i think) and ran over to Paul Hart and gave it 'thats for you, you f&%king w@#nker' with accompanying hand gesture.

It's on that video that someone posted recently.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 24, 2011, 10:37:39 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"CJK\" post=200558
Scarborough away on one of the Boxing day fixtures, man on the tannoy announced something along the lines of \"...and next week we will be running a mini bus for supporters foing to the Southport game....\". Cue chants from the Rovers end of \"wheres your mini bus, wheres your mini bus\".

I remember the Scarborough mascot, a seagull with an oven chip under his arm come running over to the Rovers fans behind the goal to goad us after Scarborough had scored only to slip and fly head first into the retaining wall!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 24, 2011, 11:59:55 am by Mr1Croft »
Cardiff away at Ninian Park.

\"If you spell Marijuana clap your hands...\"

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 24, 2011, 12:11:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
About two dozen Chesterfield fans queueing up to enter Belle Vue for an evening match in the late sixties/early seventies.............All of them on their knees and waddling through the kids turnstyle, and all successfully gaining entry at a kids price!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 24, 2011, 02:43:23 pm by RedJ »
Probably one of the highlights of last weekend, that dog thing Barnsley call a mascot being a right royal cockend in front of us, doing that stupid jig he did, then dropping the ball and looking a right tosser :laugh:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 24, 2011, 04:30:49 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=200590

was that Leeds last season? shortly followed by \"where's your car gone?\"? :laugh: that's in my top 5, all my others are taken.

Can't remember if it was last season or this season in the cup.

Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=200594

I know the owner of that car!!

Did he go back to his car? haha

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 24, 2011, 04:50:32 pm by Standanista »
A couple from the BB era which have appeared on here before:

Tommy Docherty the visiting manager with Preston NE, fresh from having had his tales of infidelity writ large across the front pages of the Sunday Papers.  BB starts pissing himself as the Pop Side kick into a chorus of, \"Wife Billy Bremner, you watch your wife Billy Bremner...:

A dire, cold, wet, midwinter Tuesday night bore-draw on a boggy ploughed field of an OBV pitch.  Crowd understandably subdued until some wag shouts from the back of the Main Stand terrace, \"Tha wants to get some bloody spuds in Bremner.\"

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 24, 2011, 04:57:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Division 3 Hull City at home. Tannoy man - can so and so from Hull please contact your nearest steward, your wife is in labour.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 24, 2011, 05:30:04 pm by DonnyRTID »
Toby Tyke, he was being a smart ass but steward knocked it out of his paws didn't he?, either way it was funny.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 24, 2011, 05:49:46 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=200870
Toby Tyke, he was being a smart ass but steward knocked it out of his paws didn't he?, either way it was funny.

That's the one. No, he dropped it when trying to show off with that bloody stupid dance he tried to do :laugh:

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 24, 2011, 07:53:27 pm by number19 »
I loved everything about going to belle vue. There was always this one old chap a bit to my left in the main stand who didn't shout out too much but when he did it was bloody genius. He had a real liking for the word 'get' & I always found it funny.

The \"Ricky's gonna get ya\" chant was a bit of a personal favourite & he often did get them.

Jamie Paterson and his fondness of running right up to anyone taking a throw in and pulling some stupid face right in front of them.

Nick Fenton's welcome to game tackle on Alex Hleb against Arsenal a few minutes in, how he didn't get booked I don't know.

Away Scunthorpe, stood in the away end with the whole crowd singing 'What shall we do with the drunken foster?'

I now they weren't everyones favourite's but the Dave Penney years were great in my eyes, without doubt the most fun I've had at rovers games was during that era.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 24, 2011, 09:07:04 pm by Nudga »
Away at Bumhole Lane, Paddy Kenny collects the ball from a long range shot and get's up a bit slow as if his back is hurting so I shouts at him \"Oi Paddy, did tha forget to tek yer dildo pants off?\" I thought it was funny but I got a few cross eyed looks from some folk around me. RedBrez thought it was funny though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 24, 2011, 09:17:53 pm by Filo »
I remember an old guy that always liked to give the ref some grief next to the main stand tunnel at OBV, one game he had that much anger in him that he gave the ref both barrels and his false teeth went flying down the tunnel after the ref1 :laugh:

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 24, 2011, 09:21:04 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Me at a home game at the keepmoat in one of them quiet moments shouting \"come on Copps\" then being quietly told by my son that he was injured and not on the pitch\" I sat quietly for the rest of the game.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 24, 2011, 09:46:10 pm by aidanstu »
Two for me. Both at belle vue playing southport in the conference. Tannoy announcer( not Lenny Avis) shouts out the substitution for Southpark is...... I'm sure it was retaliation for jr having a bust up with their board.

The second was home to scunny, Peter beagrie playing on the wing after signing from everton. My mate shouted out \"oi beagrie you and Barry Horne shagged a dog\" just as the place went quiet. PB turned, shrugged his shoulders and laughed. Classic.

And shouts of \" you must have come in a sheep\" to the 100 or so Swansea visitors to belle vue. I miss that place.

And \"your just a fat Annie Lennox\" aimed at dean Ashton\"

I know that ended up being four....sorry

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 24, 2011, 11:45:27 pm by Herman Hessian »
Terry Yorath at Belle Vue about 2004/5 - must have been assistant manager or something at Huddersfield or Wednesday; he'd just been handed a three year ban for drink driving, having run some girl over - cue someone in the mainstand paddock waiting for a suitable lull in proceedings and shouting \"TAXI FOR YORATH !\" - much hilarity on the terrace, but some f**king dark looks in our direction from the away dugout - heh....

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 25, 2011, 02:13:05 am by VivaRovers »
Pop Stand song from the same day Herman; \"He'll ride, his car, right over your grandma, Terry Yorath, Terry Yorath\"

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 25, 2011, 11:27:13 am by Colin C No.3 »
Rovers 7 v Reading 5. As players come off someone shouts, \"Tha wants to get that defence sorted out Bremner!\"!!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 25, 2011, 04:10:42 pm by benaldo »
The \"What shall we do with a drunken Foster\" song at glanford park was quality.

Has no-one mentioned \"The Wrestlers\" and donnydog yet? Hilarious.

cmonyoureds

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 25, 2011, 04:20:54 pm by cmonyoureds »
leynt orient in division 3 when the announcer after 19 minutes said leo scored a hat trick :thumbsup: got me with that april fools

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 25, 2011, 05:16:09 pm by Donnybax »
The mrs once asked me which players on the pitch can score :silly:

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 25, 2011, 05:22:06 pm by grayx »
Will always remember donnydog flying round belle vue pitch on a moped,ears flapping away behind him. Funny as fcuk.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 25, 2011, 05:27:40 pm by grayx »
Quote from: \"Herman Hessian\" post=201028
Terry Yorath at Belle Vue about 2004/5 - must have been assistant manager or something at Huddersfield or Wednesday; he'd just been handed a three year ban for drink driving, having run some girl over - cue someone in the mainstand paddock waiting for a suitable lull in proceedings and shouting \"TAXI FOR YORATH !\" - much hilarity on the terrace, but some f**king dark looks in our direction from the away dugout - heh....

I so remember that. Quality.

Rossorover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 25, 2011, 08:27:42 pm by Rossorover »
Andy Liney as Donny Dog at Bradford City \"dancing\" with their cheer leaders

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 26, 2011, 12:53:52 pm by silent majority »
Some good ones on here, I remember quite a few of them. Andy Line at Chester was funny too.

Not at a Rovers game or Belle Vue but seeing as this thread is dying I thought maybe I could add this one. I was at a footy meeting last weekend when the subject of a demonstration at a forthcoming Wolves game will be taking place, they are copying something done recently in a game in Sweden where the crowd, both home and away fans remain totally silent for the first 10 minutes. The idea is to show professional footballers what it would be like to pay in empty grounds.

Some wag at the back then shouted out,'it won't work, they've been doing that at Arsenal for years'

GM-MarkB

« Reply #57 on November 26, 2011, 02:37:28 pm by GM-MarkB »
Bristol Rovers away in first season up from Conference.....beach ball being hoofed about by our travelling support, keeps going on pitch and an obliging steward keeps chucking it back in......until he decides to join in and hoof it back in.....cue someone stood at the front getting it square in the chops !!

I nearly wet meself laughing !

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 26, 2011, 06:21:05 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"Bentley Bullet\" post=200751
About two dozen Chesterfield fans queueing up to enter Belle Vue for an evening match in the late sixties/early seventies.............All of them on their knees and waddling through the kids turnstyle, and all successfully gaining entry at a kids price!

Ha ha, me and a few mates did that away at Stalybridge a few years ago. '2 quid please mister'.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rossorover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 26, 2011, 08:10:51 pm by Rossorover »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=201323
Bristol Rovers away in first season up from Conference.....beach ball being hoofed about by our travelling support, keeps going on pitch and an obliging steward keeps chucking it back in......until he decides to join in and hoof it back in.....cue someone stood at the front getting it square in the chops !!

I nearly wet meself laughing !

Was that when we christened the steward \"Little Leo\"?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012