Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:26:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sods first ten games!  (Read 4518 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Sods first ten games!
« on November 23, 2011, 04:08:02 pm by dickos1 »
I loved sod greatest manager we've ever had, absolutely gutted when he left! But the treatment of Saunders is wrong, I've posted this elsewhere but think it's important that you can look at sods first ten results they weren't great.
And he turned into a genius, ten games isn't long enough to get on his back, anyway here they are.
Hudd drew 0-0
Blackpool drew 0-0
Bradford drew 3-3
Scunthorpe lost 2-0
Oldham drew 1-1
Cheltenham won 2-0
Chesterfield won 1-0
Bristol lost 1-0
Orient drew 0-0

So we got one more point in sods first ten games.
H
J
H

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Sods first ten games!
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2011, 04:11:42 pm by GazLaz »
They were the most boring football matches I have ever witnessed as well.

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 23, 2011, 04:13:10 pm by SiBo »
But SOD wasnt at club just because he was someone's mate, he actually had previously proven himself at the level he was brought into manage at...

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 23, 2011, 04:14:48 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"SiBo\" post=200533
But SOD wasnt at club just because he was someone's mate, he actually had previously proven himself at the level he was brought into manage at...

Boring........

SiBo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 23, 2011, 04:16:30 pm by SiBo »
Yup but fact.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 23, 2011, 04:17:35 pm by Chris »
In the 10 fixtures after the Orient match we didn't lose and managed to win 8 of them (including 5 consecutive wins)!

Let's hope...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 23, 2011, 04:20:05 pm by dickos1 »
Ferguson came from Scotland he wasn't very good was he? Dalglish had never even managed before he was terrible wasn't he? David penney never managed before, the list goes on!
 If everybody thought like that nobody would end up progressing their career!

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 23, 2011, 04:24:10 pm by DonnyEl »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=200534
Quote from: \"SiBo\" post=200533

Boring........

Idiot, nuff said

Its a valid point that SOD was proven at the same level as us, Saunders had had what, 18 months(?) 3 levels lower down, and is only here because he's McKay's puppet

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 23, 2011, 04:27:36 pm by dickos1 »
It's not a valid point at all, the list is endless of managers who've come from nowhere and been a success! I've told u about 3 of them

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 23, 2011, 04:52:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=200532
They were the most boring football matches I have ever witnessed as well.

The Bradford game was one of the most exciting end-to-end games I have seen in my many years of watching the Rovers.

The Scunthorpe game was an absolute disgrace.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 23, 2011, 05:08:48 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Hahahahahahahahahaha 'Ferguson wasn't good'. No he only broke Rangers and Celtics dominance and won the league with Aberdeen.

O'driscoll was proven to be good. I see Wrexham aren't exactly struggling.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 23, 2011, 05:10:07 pm by dickos1 »
Scunny game very similar to the Barnsley game other day!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 23, 2011, 05:13:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=200540
Ferguson came from Scotland he wasn't very good was he?

Under Ferguson's guidance, the club [Aberdeen] won three league championships, one Drybrough Cup, four Scottish Cups, the European Cup Winner's Cup, the European Super Cup and a League Cup – all in the space of seven years.

Aye, total garbage.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 23, 2011, 05:15:52 pm by Donnybax »
The thing is SOD seemed to have a plan when he first came into the club and it was HIS own plan. The first thing he wanted to do was to tighten up the defence, hence the bad stuff we played with big mark upfront on his own some of the time, and he did this, we had one of the best defences up until our second season in the championship. After this he concentrated on the football we played and he got us playing some stunning stuff with that move against QPR being just one of the many highlights

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 23, 2011, 05:22:14 pm by Wild Rover »
Before there is civil war between SOD and Saunders protagonists, can i just point out that season 2008 - 2009 SOD record from start of season read P26. W6. D6. L14.

Saunders record even so far will stand up against that.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 23, 2011, 05:27:16 pm by Wild Rover »
Before there is civil war between SOD and Saunders protagonists, can i just point out that season 2008 - 2009 SOD record from start of season read P26. W6. D6. L14.

quote=\"Donnybax\" post=200554]The thing is SOD seemed to have a plan when he first came into the club and it was HIS own plan. The first thing he wanted to do was to tighten up the defence, hence the bad stuff we played with big mark upfront on his own some of the time, and he did this, we had one of the best defences up until our second season in the championship. After this he concentrated on the football we played and he got us playing some stunning stuff with that move against QPR being just one of the many highlights[/quote]

You joke with me, that spell against QPR was nothing other than passes made by players 20mts either side of halfway line.

Leeds did a similar thing during one of this seasons games at KMS ( think it was Cup game ), no one raved about that passage of play.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 23, 2011, 05:33:13 pm by dickos1 »
Padge you've obviously mis understood what I said. Wasn't good was sarcasm,  as he came from a level much lower than the English top division and he ended up being the best manager ever.  Thus proving the point that you do not need experience at the same level in order to succeed!!

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 23, 2011, 05:36:22 pm by Pintolager »
SO'D and Saunders are diffrent styles of manager, but both have been slow to get results. Both at Bournemouth and here, both our fans and Bournemouth's fans agree that it took time to achieve relative success. Wrexham fans admit that Saunders took time for him to get the team to gel, but he got them into a play off position. Saunders may be a puppet for McKay, I don't necessarily disagree, but he is maybe the type of manager who needs to be given time - the same as O'Driscoll :unsure:  Just how much are certain Rovers fans expecting an overnight miracle?

I think it is time for us ALL to be realistic about the current situation.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 23, 2011, 05:39:00 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=200559

quote=\"Donnybax\" post=200554]The thing is SOD seemed to have a plan when he first came into the club and it was HIS own plan. The first thing he wanted to do was to tighten up the defence, hence the bad stuff we played with big mark upfront on his own some of the time, and he did this, we had one of the best defences up until our second season in the championship. After this he concentrated on the football we played and he got us playing some stunning stuff with that move against QPR being just one of the many highlights

You joke with me, that spell against QPR was nothing other than passes made by players 20mts either side of halfway line.

Leeds did a similar thing during one of this seasons games at KMS ( think it was Cup game ), no one raved about that passage of play.[/quote] are you having a laugh ?!?! it was a great spell of football and was raved aboout not only by our fans showing how good it was. Leeds may have strung a few passes together but we strung over 40 and a chance came from the end of it. We also had other spells of great football and played wednesday off the pitch at there own place twice and birmingham at there place

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 23, 2011, 05:42:05 pm by Donnybax »

quote=\"Donnybax\" post=200554]The thing is SOD seemed to have a plan when he first came into the club and it was HIS own plan. The first thing he wanted to do was to tighten up the defence, hence the bad stuff we played with big mark upfront on his own some of the time, and he did this, we had one of the best defences up until our second season in the championship. After this he concentrated on the football we played and he got us playing some stunning stuff with that move against QPR being just one of the many highlights

Leeds did a similar thing during one of this seasons games at KMS ( think it was Cup game ), no one raved about that passage of play.[/quote]Are you having a laugh that spell against qpr was a great bit of football that was raved about by other fans not only ours showing how good it was. We also created a chance at the end of it. But il give you some other bits of great football if that wasnt very good then :headbang: birmingham at there place we played them off the pitch and did similar things at wednesday twice i could go on....

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 23, 2011, 06:06:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=200561
Padge you've obviously mis understood what I said. Wasn't good was sarcasm,  as he came from a level much lower than the English top division and he ended up being the best manager ever.  Thus proving the point that you do not need experience at the same level in order to succeed!!

*Ahem* Two European trophies is a level below the English top division thirty years ago?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 23, 2011, 06:09:39 pm by dickos1 »
This wasn't supposed to be a sod v Saunders thread that it's been made into. Was just pointing out that 10 games isn't enough time to judge a new manager. Which is proven by sods first ten games, as he eventually turned into a legend,
All this talk of plans etc is nonsense, the fact is there in black and White, sod 10 games 12 points, Saunders 10 games 11 points!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 23, 2011, 06:21:32 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=200567

Leeds did a similar thing during one of this seasons games at KMS ( think it was Cup game ), no one raved about that passage of play.
Are you having a laugh that spell against qpr was a great bit of football that was raved about by other fans not only ours showing how good it was. We also created a chance at the end of it. But il give you some other bits of great football if that wasnt very good then :headbang: birmingham at there place we played them off the pitch and did similar things at wednesday twice i could go on....[/quote]

No chance was created, because it all ended with a foul on BS, 25 mts from goal out to left.

For every match you quote i can quote \"Dire\" tippy tappy go nowhere football one.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 23, 2011, 06:25:27 pm by Donnybax »
If you are honestly saying our perfomances at birmingahm and Wednesday were dire then you either nee your eyes testing or need to stop watching football because they were great performances.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 23, 2011, 06:31:23 pm by PDX_Rover »
You've got to bear in mind that the opposition in SO'D's first 10 games were arguably much weaker....  It's a stupid comparison anyway.

donnydunph

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 23, 2011, 06:41:39 pm by donnydunph »
Performances against Birmingham and Wednesday were fantastic and if you think not your a first class idiot! :headbang:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 23, 2011, 06:54:48 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=200573
If you are honestly saying our perfomances at birmingahm and Wednesday were dire then you either nee your eyes testing or need to stop watching football because they were great performances.

I did not say that. I said for every performance you quote i can quote a dire one. ( and so can you ).

So if you think those quoted were great, thats 3 in how many games 200 ish.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 23, 2011, 07:00:00 pm by Donnybax »
Yes and I said I could go on.. you and I both know they were not the only good games unders SOD's reign we played some brilliant football and it wasnt by fluke that we were named the \"arsenal of the north\" by other fans all over the country

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 23, 2011, 07:29:35 pm by dickos1 »
Ahem. No matter how many years ago the Scottish league was never same standard as English top league. Anyhow nobody has answered me about dalglish, Penney or even David moyes! None managed at as high level as they became a success at.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 23, 2011, 07:50:14 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=200561

Now come on, let's be fair. The Scottish leagues were much better then compared to now. Not that there's much contest.. (as Dickos apparently beat me to saying - should read both pages before posting :headbang: )

I don't buy into the experience argument. Sure, it's handy if you have it, but if you're a good manager, then it really shouldn't matter who you've managed where, as examples above have proved.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012