Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:28:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time for the infighting and bitching to stop!  (Read 5766 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Time for the infighting and bitching to stop!
« on November 30, 2011, 06:51:04 pm by Filo »
Have your opinions, by all means, have your disagreements and debates but why does almost every thread turn into a slanging match? Why do the same old forum members beat the same drum daily, starting almost identical threads to ones that are already running, give it a rest or keep your similar opinions in the same thread, it`s getting boring! It`s driving people away from posting on the forum, the people responsible know who they are!

If there was ever a time to rally round and get behind your team, the time is now! regardless of your views on whether the strategy is right or wrong, the very least we can do is get behind whatever team is on the pitch, we are all Rovers are n`t we? Throw your differences aside and do what fans are supposed to do, and show some solidarity!!!!!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Time for the infighting and bitching to stop!
« Reply #1 on November 30, 2011, 06:54:50 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Agreed,

:rtid:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 30, 2011, 06:59:28 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Sodist or Deanophile, be proud, but maybe not so repetitively loud.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 30, 2011, 07:16:01 pm by andysly »
Easy solution - bar benaldo

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2011, 07:16:33 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
agreed......get on my tits ....dont like it dont f**king come....think said before lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2011, 07:23:05 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=202481
agreed......get on my tits ....dont like it dont f**king come....think said before lol

You`ve posted in the wrong thread, this one`s about stopping the infighting and bitching and trying to unite us all, statements like that are pathetic!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2011, 07:30:00 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=202485
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=202481

You`ve posted in the wrong thread, this one`s about stopping the infighting and bitching and trying to unite us all, statements like that are pathetic!

what? is it not true? Why do you want people being negative as soon as we go behind? Oh it the new regime fault? People like Viva rovers saying Ive paid my money but not going to bother supporting them?

So yes I stand by my statement.....rather they went shopping !

Some people should look up the word SUPPORT!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 30, 2011, 07:38:43 pm by Filo »
I really don`t know why we bother! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

A positive thread hijacked in the 5th post by someone having a dig at others, it`s pathetic and it`s about time it stopped!

Rover87

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 30, 2011, 07:47:10 pm by Rover87 »
I have been reading this forum for years, and Yaurs before it. I have to agree, the general banter and debates has been replaced by pure bitchyness and the whole i'm a better fan than you debate. I dont post much as I cannot be bothered for some of the slanging matches. I hardly go to any games anymore, as I am away with the forces, I don't think this makes me any less of a fan or my opinion inferior. I like to read different views about the games on here and how players have done, it gives me a good insight to what I've missed, but some posts are getting pathetic and very provactive. I must add it's usually by the same posters.
Lets keep the banter keep the debates but cut out the pettyness, we all have different views, we never agree all the time, but at the end of the day were all Donny fans through thick and thin!

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 30, 2011, 07:57:51 pm by LuckyGirl »
Fully support Filo and Rovers 87 on this one. I don't bother as much simply because of the same posters. In fact if I see they have posted I tend to bypass the thread.

This doesn't leave me much to browse through of late :) :headbang:

:rtid: :scarf:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 30, 2011, 08:14:27 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
That's the way I feel as as you know always very positive re Rovers and must say surprised by reaction .....

Just dont get why our own fans want us to fail thats all?

This .....well we have lost so not working ???

So on that basis not been working for 12 months?

Some of the stuff posted on here have deeply hurts me and I am sure JR as we are only trying to secure Championship football,,,,no ones fault most of town support other teams is it?

Serring

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 30, 2011, 08:16:05 pm by Serring »
Quote from: \"LuckyGirl\" post=202499
Fully support Filo and Rovers 87 on this one. I don't bother as much simply because of the same posters. In fact if I see they have posted I tend to bypass the thread.

This doesn't leave me much to browse through of late :) :headbang:

:rtid: :scarf:

ditto

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 30, 2011, 08:18:20 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
With only 3 wins in the last 32 games no wonder we're all pulling our hair out.
We need points on the board to lift the gloom quickly.
Over to you Dean.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 30, 2011, 08:28:21 pm by robchester »
The whole pub team having a laugh was driven by us the fans not by the team.  Whilst the situation is different we need to get the same \"us againt the world mentality\" back.
We have to unite or we will fall.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 30, 2011, 08:41:53 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"robchester\" post=202508
The whole pub team having a laugh was driven by us the fans not by the team.  Whilst the situation is different we need to get the same \"us againt the world mentality\" back.

I totally agree, on a couple (at least) of occasions, our friend Mr D'urso reacted to noise from the crowd, not what was happening on the pitch, I also think back to the Watford game, the only time we created any concerted noise was when Watford didn't give us the ball back after the Illunga (i think) incident, wasn't quite in the Galatasaray league for hostility, but I'm sure it does make a difference every now and again.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 30, 2011, 08:45:52 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
OK AGREED MAYBE I MISUNDERSTOOD THE POST .......APOLOGIES .....ALL CARE ABOUT IS ROVERS

Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=202511
Quote from: \"robchester\" post=202508

I totally agree, on a couple (at least) of occasions, our friend Mr D'urso reacted to noise from the crowd, not what was happening on the pitch, I also think back to the Watford game, the only time we created any concerted noise was when Watford didn't give us the ball back after the Illunga (i think) incident, wasn't quite in the Galatasaray league for hostility, but I'm sure it does make a difference every now and again.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 30, 2011, 08:46:46 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Rover87\" post=202493
I have been reading this forum for years, and Yaurs before it. I have to agree, the general banter and debates has been replaced by pure bitchyness and the whole i'm a better fan than you debate. I dont post much as I cannot be bothered for some of the slanging matches. I hardly go to any games anymore, as I am away with the forces, I don't think this makes me any less of a fan or my opinion inferior. I like to read different views about the games on here and how players have done, it gives me a good insight to what I've missed, but some posts are getting pathetic and very provactive. I must add it's usually by the same posters.
Lets keep the banter keep the debates but cut out the pettyness, we all have different views, we never agree all the time, but at the end of the day were all Donny fans through thick and thin!

Great post - I have got bored lately reading the same opinions again and again on threads with slightly different titles. Sometimes threads on (for example) Neil Sullivan end up being hi jacked and become about SOD Deano or some other topic

What is galling recently is that people have been diametrically opposed by Deano v SOD BUT and its a big but their opinions are not (usually) based on facts but assumptions and their opinions SO ......

we dont know whether SOD if he had remained in charge would have saved us or not and at the moment we dont YET know whether Deano WILL save us

All that I know as a FAN of the Club itself rather than any individual Manager is that I hope HE DOES. That is not being disrespectful to the former King (because the King is dead - so long live the new King)  ... it is just being pragmatic.... I want my Club to stay where they are for as long as they can. It has been a great and enjoyable journey and I hope with every bone in my body that it continues for as long as possible

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #17 on November 30, 2011, 08:55:10 pm by Rovin Reporter »
It is better bieng negitive on the forum than on the terraces.. what would you say if \"SAUNDER OUT \" banners started to appear around the ground. Get a grip we vent our frustations so to avoid the other. SO you decide on here or at the Keepmoat ?

Rover87

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 30, 2011, 09:01:03 pm by Rover87 »
Quote from: \"Rovin Reporter\" post=202523
It is better bieng negitive on the forum than on the terraces.. what would you say if \"SAUNDER OUT \" banners started to appear around the ground. Get a grip we vent our frustations so to avoid the other. SO you decide on here or at the Keepmoat ?

Vent your anger, im frustrated were all frustrated. Voice your concerns and your opinions, but theres a way to go about it, and the current way is bringing this forum down. Thats what people are trying to say.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #19 on November 30, 2011, 09:38:03 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Quote from: \"Rover87\" post=202528

Vent your anger, im frustrated were all frustrated. Voice your concerns and your opinions, but theres a way to go about it, and the current way is bringing this forum down. Thats what people are trying to say.

Are they!! i thought they were just saying what they felt , are we now to start towing the company line,and don;t upset the establishment , they do not listen to us , we are not important , they are in this for BIG MONEY . This forum is nothing without the members willing to say what grips their sh*t .and football at any level has its moaners and wingers , for those of us who do not have pets to kick we do our kicking on here!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 30, 2011, 09:47:52 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Rovin Reporter\" post=202543
Quote from: \"Rover87\" post=202528

Are they!! i thought they were just saying what they felt , are we now to start towing the company line,and don;t upset the establishment , they do not listen to us , we are not important , they are in this for BIG MONEY . This forum is nothing without the members willing to say what grips their sh*t .and football at any level has its moaners and wingers , for those of us who do not have pets to kick we do our kicking on here!!

Did you not read the opening post? No one is asking or telling you to tow the company line, in fact it says \"Have your opinions, by all means, have your disagreements and debates\". Don`t you think that folk are sick of the repetitive stuff posted daily on here by the same people, forum members are getting fed up of the pettiness and posturing of some posters, it`s like being in a primary school playground on here at times!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 30, 2011, 09:52:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=202476
Sodist or Deanophile, be proud, but maybe not so repetitively loud.

LOL i spat my food out at that! :laugh:

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 30, 2011, 11:11:20 pm by CottyRover »
As an only partially reconstructed Sodist, I think Sodomite or Deanophile works better!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 30, 2011, 11:22:11 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm  still looking for the rum and the lash....

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 30, 2011, 11:47:57 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Agree with Filo I used to look forward to the banter on the old Yaurs site before the bitching got the better. This is how this site will end up if we dont start with some respect for each other and our team / club.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 01, 2011, 12:58:05 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"CottyRover\" post=202573
As an only partially reconstructed Sodist, I think Sodomite or Deanophile works better!

You're so right, I missed the obvious in the search for the more extreme :evil:  On the other hand, I'm not sure exactly what you're laying claim to there?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 01, 2011, 01:15:53 am by Viking Don »
If I see another thread that's spread to 5 pages in the course of one day I won't even bother looking at the opening post. Unless it's about us signing Zenden.

Time for folk to move on, I know change is difficult for some people, but it's a natural process and is the only thing that stays the same!

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 01, 2011, 10:31:12 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Agreed to much bitchyness and not enough debate.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 01, 2011, 10:31:15 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Where is Cussy? he's usually good at getting people together for a good old orgy (so i've heard).
That is the only way I can see people getting over the bitchyness and coming together for the club.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 01, 2011, 04:54:12 pm by graingrover »
:kiss:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012