Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:40:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Nailed on stonewall penalty!  (Read 7226 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Nailed on stonewall penalty!
« on December 03, 2011, 05:34:56 pm by Filo »
and the lino gives offside! how can you be offside when you go past a player with the ball?

And I`m sure the 4 minutes board had some small print at the bottom that said\"or until Southampton score\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

racecourse red

• Forum Member
Re: Nailed on stonewall penalty!
« Reply #1 on December 03, 2011, 05:37:50 pm by racecourse red »
F**KING RUBBISH OFFICALS AGAIN , THINK THEY SAVE THEM ALL FOR US !!:headbang:

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 03, 2011, 05:42:27 pm by eastender »
I made  it 5 1/2 minutes of injury time played . :thumbdown:

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 03, 2011, 05:43:03 pm by Superspy »
The one saving grace from that decision was that the ref had his whistle straight to his lips and was going to give the penalty. That being said he was pretty shocking for the rest of the match so let's not give him too much credit, haha.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 03, 2011, 05:48:53 pm by Akinfenwa »
Must have been a Southampton fan, that referee. Terrible.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 03, 2011, 05:50:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Radio Sheff said over 6 minutes added time was played

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on December 03, 2011, 05:51:35 pm by VikingJames »
The lino completely bottled that one. He waved his flag in the air and then after much deliberation brought it down and gave offside, just as the ref was poised to point to the spot.

Thought the officials gave us nothing today. Worst of all was when he gave a free kick against Sam Hird, and only decided to book him on the strength of Schneiderlin waving the imaginary card in his face. Gave dozens of petty free kicks their way as well, when he wouldn't have if the boot was on the other foot.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 03, 2011, 06:01:35 pm by i_ateallthepies »
There was another solid penalty shout when defender handled in box when he's trying to get the ball under control.  How can it be ball to hand when it bounced up off his own feet? FFS!!!

There were lots of examples of poor decisions, one of the worst was Copps getting scythed down as he's running out of defence witht the ball, we lost posession that time and got nothing for it.

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on December 03, 2011, 06:04:44 pm by VikingJames »
Also, how determined was he to see Southampton get a late equaliser? Bloody giving them a free kick 6 minutes into the four added on!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 03, 2011, 06:05:26 pm by mushRTID »
Awful, awful decision. I too thought Copps ran past Fortune collecting the ball on the way, no idea how they came up with offside. Could quite easily have cost us that.

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 03, 2011, 06:23:55 pm by danum »
I would stand corrected but Copps did look offside before being brought down - that said the Officials were shocking

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 03, 2011, 06:25:11 pm by thumper »
it looked like the lino was giving the penalty then somehow decided on offside! Absolute joke! Sat opposite and it was definately a penalty, copps ran from around the back of the player who then took him out! I agree that the ref was going to give the pen though until he saw the flag.

Who cares now though it was a well deserved 3 points!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 03, 2011, 06:37:15 pm by Jimmydee »
I timed it at 5minutes 14 seconds. He added time on for the last booking.

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 03, 2011, 06:54:06 pm by curley »
The Ref was biased towards Southampton and gave us very little the Southampton no 10 kept going to ground very easily       and getting a free kick everytime.
As for the penalty appeal the lino was spot on a good call, i was sat right in line.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 03, 2011, 07:05:25 pm by hoolahoop »
Very poor officials today however the result is what counts and.............WE WON. :)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 03, 2011, 07:25:37 pm by glosterred »
Actually Copps was offside and the official got it right - Sorry I was directly inline with the incident in the west stand - for once the official got it right

:chair:

:scarf:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 03, 2011, 07:28:09 pm by mushRTID »
fair enough then. Didnt look it at the time.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 03, 2011, 07:48:53 pm by bobjimwilly »
Why did the linesman wave his flag then? I thought for offside they just put it straight out in front of them? :dry:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 03, 2011, 08:01:55 pm by The Red Baron »
In the first half I thought the ref was OK, but then he started giving every 50/50 to Southampton. He was getting ready to give the pen when the lino flagged for \"offside.\" No way it could have been as Copps went past the first defender before he was bowled over.

The booking of Hird was a joke- because it was only given after a Southampton player told the ref to get his card out. Sign of a weak referee, I'm afraid. Then again, it was the same official who let Cotterill's Pompey thugs kick lumps out of us last season.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 03, 2011, 11:45:41 pm by thumper »
well pausing the football league show when fortune touches the ball shows copps (at worst) level with the defender behind fortune!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 04, 2011, 12:18:07 am by donnievic »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=203181
Why did the linesman wave his flag then? I thought for offside they just put it straight out in front of them? :dry:

He didn't he just raised it straight in the air,no grumble about the so called 4 minutes added time but seemed to play way over the 4 minutes even with the allowed extra

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 04, 2011, 01:49:52 am by Viking Don »
Well I saw him frantically waving his flag in the air and I was fully expecting him to then put it across his chest, but instead he then raised it. Very confusing, I didn't know if he did it because he saw it as a foul by, rather than on Copps, or whether he just changed his mind and saw it as offside. Still not sure what he was thinking, but hey-ho thankfully it doesn't matter.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 04, 2011, 07:33:21 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"donnievic\" post=203285

He didn't he just raised it straight in the air,no grumble about the so called 4 minutes added time but seemed to play way over the 4 minutes even with the allowed extra

Guy near me ran (countdown) stop watch on his phone and it was on MINUS 1 Minute 18 seconds when Ref gave them the free kick 30 yards out which then got cleared for a throw in near NW corner flag so at least 5 30 played

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 04, 2011, 10:32:54 am by CJK »
Another poor excuse of a referee. Absolutely terrible. Do Prado can join Grant Holt in the 'hit the deck like a sack of spuds' hall of fame; and whats worse, the referee's fall for it every time.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 04, 2011, 11:46:48 am by bobjimwilly »

Oh right - could of sworn I saw him wave it first.

I was expecting 5 mins tbh, so was happy it was only 4, but then he went and allowed nearly 6 mins anyway! :facepalm:

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 04, 2011, 11:58:47 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=203363

Oh right - could of sworn I saw him wave it first.

I was expecting 5 mins tbh, so was happy it was only 4, but then he went and allowed nearly 6 mins anyway! :facepalm:

He definitely waved it first and the ref pointed towards the spot, they then both bottled it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 04, 2011, 12:34:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »
And in the words of the Football League show  \"Doncaster were denied a certain penalty by the interference of the officials\"

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 04, 2011, 01:07:25 pm by glosterred »
Sitting in the west stand opposite where the incident took place, for me Copps was offside, I still believe on this occasion the linesman got it right

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 04, 2011, 01:17:37 pm by donnievic »
having seen it on fls there is no way cops was offside when fortune flicked it on

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 04, 2011, 01:30:39 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=203375
Sitting in the west stand opposite where the incident took place, for me Copps was offside, I still believe on this occasion the linesman got it right

TinyPortal © 2005-2012