Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:32:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Go on then, rub our noses in it..  (Read 5382 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Go on then, rub our noses in it..
« on December 06, 2011, 05:30:00 pm by silent majority »
I don't mind having a few Leeds, Owls, or Blades fans in Donny, but....

http://www.donnywhites.co.uk/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rios

• VSC Member
Re: Go on then, rub our noses in it..
« Reply #1 on December 06, 2011, 05:36:19 pm by Rios »
Sad f**kers.  Wonder if they were also the ones singing at the ManU fans \"we support our local team\"?

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 06, 2011, 05:42:00 pm by prince »
I can smell the plastic from here.

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 06, 2011, 07:09:00 pm by ridgewoodrover »
you really have to laugh at them , proud of supporting another towns team . long past being suprised

GM-MarkB

« Reply #4 on December 06, 2011, 07:32:01 pm by GM-MarkB »
Ahhhhh...bless :laugh:

Keith Myath

« Reply #5 on December 06, 2011, 07:58:26 pm by Keith Myath »
They have even left their pictures and mobile numbers on the contact page, in the wrong hands that could do some damage.... :whistle:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 06, 2011, 08:13:55 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Keith Myath\" post=203873
They have even left their pictures and mobile numbers on the contact page, in the wrong hands that could do some damage.... :whistle:

Hopefully these \"wrong hands\" would have a sense of perspective and realise it's only football... :whistle:

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 06, 2011, 08:18:51 pm by ditch_drfc »
Best idea is to not even talk about, theres a reason they set it up, to piss us off. Just don't give it the time of day. Pathetic group of fans. They will be reading this post no doubt...

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #8 on December 06, 2011, 08:19:31 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
By way of comparison there is also a dogging in donny web site. The town is full of all sorts.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 06, 2011, 08:21:13 pm by MrFrost »
Who fancies gate crashing one of their meetings at the Wheatsheaf?

keepmoatman

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 06, 2011, 08:25:21 pm by keepmoatman »
Quote from: \"NorthNorfolkRover\" post=203876
By way of comparison there is also a dogging in donny web site. The town is full of all sorts.

Ah the dogging website ,would that be Cussie?:aok:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 06, 2011, 08:30:24 pm by mushRTID »
Cant wait til Norfolk see this. :lol:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 06, 2011, 08:33:43 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"keepmoatman\" post=203878
Quote from: \"NorthNorfolkRover\" post=203876

Ah the dogging website ,would that be Cussie?:aok:

DonnyDogging ?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 06, 2011, 08:56:38 pm by benaldo »
I suppose it's no different to any of us who live outside Doncaster supporting Rovers really is it?

Does this mean the Retford supporters club is bad? Or even half of the vsc board?

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 06, 2011, 09:05:45 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Nothing new, move on.

There's been a Donny Branch of the Leeds Supporters Club (or there was until Uncle Ken dismantled the LUSC) since c. 1970.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #15 on December 06, 2011, 09:08:44 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203888
I suppose it's no different to any of us who live outside Doncaster supporting Rovers really is it?

Does this mean the Retford supporters club is bad? Or even half of the vsc board?

Retford dont have a pro football club. The vsc board are ex doncaster living away not  sad folk who picked their   Team 20 years ago purely because leeds were successfull  and lacked the fore sight to see they were about to become a provincial also ran

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 06, 2011, 09:08:56 pm by benaldo »
Our Chairman doesn't even live within 50 miles of the KM's hallowed turf. Who cares where suporters live. What next, a Doncaster passport?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 06, 2011, 09:12:26 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"NorthNorfolkRover\" post=203892

Retford dont have a pro football club. The vsc board are ex doncaster living away not  sad folk who picked their   Team 20 years ago purely because leeds were successfull  and lacked the fore sight to see they were about to become a provincial also ran

How do you know why these Doncaster based Leeds fans picked Leeds to support? It could be a family connection, people might have moved from Leeds to Doncaster, it might even be for the hell of it. It doesn't matter. Giving this any time is like drinking vinegar. It's pointless.

Half the people on this board don't live in Doncaster. Does it make them evil in their home towns just because they don't support, in my case, Matlock town...or Buxton? It's just ridiculous and inciting silliness in people, by people who should know better.....

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 06, 2011, 09:26:34 pm by normal rules »
how many donny fans living in leeds?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 06, 2011, 09:47:30 pm by silent majority »

Its not like you to generalise or deal in inaccuracies is it Benny boy?..... er, yes it is. Go on enlighten me how you get to half?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 06, 2011, 09:54:47 pm by not on facebook »
sole reason why there is so many donnywhites and a few donnyowls and
donnyblades i the FACT that doncaster rovers football club have been in
the main shite since year zonk.

you cant blame fans comming form doncaster supporting other teams as
success was far between at BV.

learn to live with it ffs.

this is one promblem that john ryan will never get straight in his head.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 06, 2011, 10:23:30 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=203906

Its not like you to generalise or deal in inaccuracies is it Benny boy?..... er, yes it is. Go on enlighten me how you get to half?

OK silent pedantority.......... how many out of how many vsc directors do not live in Doncaster?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 06, 2011, 10:35:42 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203913
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=203906

OK silent pedantority.......... how many out of how many vsc directors do not live in Doncaster?

I thought you knew the answer?? Didn't you make the above statement? I'm sure you did, and if you did you must know the answer. Doh!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 06, 2011, 10:41:42 pm by RedJ »
If I may chirp in here..

There's a lot of fans out in the west of the borough that will have formerly been under the administration of Wakefield, which would be one possible reason for them supporting L**ds - they thought of themselves as living as a part of there rather than Donneh.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 06, 2011, 10:44:30 pm by Muttley »
I've never understood why anyone would support a team from another town/city (apart from maybe if your family came from that place), but have learnt to accept they exist.

Now I just revel in my smugness that I support my team for the \"right\" reasons.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 07, 2011, 12:03:11 am by andysly »

Most people in Retford \"support\" Manchester United/United (like there is only one team called it) or Liverpool, mainly from the comfort of their settee or from in front of a screen in their local. I suppose there are also some Weeds and Fowls plus the odd Blunt and strangely a fair proportion of Spurs.
I would confidently say though that from when I were a lad the support for Rovers in Retford has risen dramatically, and it's great to see kids wandering round in red/white hoops.
If Rovers stay in this division or even yo-yo a bit, the fan base will continue to grow as it has over the past 10-15 years.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 07, 2011, 12:05:12 am by andysly »
Doncaster is also by far the nearest league ground to Retford. Mansfield used to run it fairly close but obviously they don't count anymore.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 07, 2011, 12:09:03 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203895
Quote from: \"NorthNorfolkRover\" post=203892

How do you know why these Doncaster based Leeds fans picked Leeds to support? It could be a family connection, people might have moved from Leeds to Doncaster

The Chairman of that Leeds Supporters club is originally from Stainy, he used to go to watch Rovers home and away in the 80`s, and was even arrested at Gillingham in the early 80`s following Rovers!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 07, 2011, 08:11:22 am by DaveDRFC »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=203921

Most people in Retford \"support\" Manchester United/United (like there is only one team called it) or Liverpool, mainly from the comfort of their settee or from in front of a screen in their local. I suppose there are also some Weeds and Fowls plus the odd Blunt and strangely a fair proportion of Spurs.
I would confidently say though that from when I were a lad the support for Rovers in Retford has risen dramatically, and it's great to see kids wandering round in red/white hoops.
If Rovers stay in this division or even yo-yo a bit, the fan base will continue to grow as it has over the past 10-15 years.

Agree with that, when I was growing up in Retford most people supported Man United, Liverpool, Leeds, Wednesday or Forest. The opinion you get from people for following Rovers has changed in the time I've been watching them, when I went to my first game back in 98 when I was 15 you got laughed at, as we started to climb the leagues people (particularly the Leeds and Wednesday fans) would think 'good on you for supporting little old Donny, aren't they doing well' then it changed to complete dislike as we overtook them. Quite amusing really, how we have gone from many people in Retford's second club to them hating us (and I'm not just saying this because of the thread, but it's the armchair Leeds fans who are the worst for this)!

As you have said though Andy, the amount of Rovers fans has grown a hell of a lot in Retford the last few years, there used to be about 5 of us wearing Rovers shirts around town and now the place is full of them. Only a good thing for DRFC! I now live in Thurcroft near Rotherham and I'm pretty confident I'm the only Rovers fan there :)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 07, 2011, 10:55:41 am by keyser_soze »
http://www.donnywhites.co.uk/Membership.html

it'd be a real shame if their junior members rank was swelled with a load of made up names wouldn't it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012