Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:29:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Go on then, rub our noses in it..  (Read 5381 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Go on then, rub our noses in it..
« Reply #30 on December 07, 2011, 11:04:28 am by hoolahoop »
Thorne and Moorends is snided with the feckers. Had we have had those that jumped on the Leeds 'bus' in the 70's and 80's supporting this club throughout the last 40 years then I am sure our hometown club would have been much the stronger for it both financially and in the League.

However these pathetic excuses for supporters 'of their hometown club' rarely if ever go to games and if they do go to the odd game smile while they handover their hsard-earned cash to Papa Smurf.

Anybody fancy an 'away' visit to the Wheatsheaf on the 5/12 ? :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 07, 2011, 07:16:18 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=203914
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203913
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=203906
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203888
I suppose it's no different to any of us who live outside Doncaster supporting Rovers really is it?

Does this mean the Retford supporters club is bad? Or even half of the vsc board?

Its not like you to generalise or deal in inaccuracies is it Benny boy?..... er, yes it is. Go on enlighten me how you get to half?

OK silent pedantority.......... how many out of how many vsc directors do not live in Doncaster?

I thought you knew the answer?? Didn't you make the above statement? I'm sure you did, and if you did you must know the answer. Doh!

SO, in short, by answering you'd make yourself look silly?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 07, 2011, 09:54:33 pm by bobjimwilly »
Once again benaldo you've missed/ignored the point. Those who are from Donny originally, but have moved away since and still support the Rovers are supporting their home town team. Leeds fans who have lived in Donny all their life, or who lived here originally but have moved away since don't.

So yes there is a difference between those from Donny who support Leeds, and those who are originally from Donny supporting...Donny.

Not that hard to understand surely? Even for someone of your massive intellect! :whistle:

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 07, 2011, 10:00:57 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=203959
Thorne and Moorends is snided with the feckers. Had we have had those that jumped on the Leeds 'bus' in the 70's and 80's supporting this club throughout the last 40 years then I am sure our hometown club would have been much the stronger for it both financially and in the League.

However these pathetic excuses for supporters 'of their hometown club' rarely if ever go to games and if they do go to the odd game smile while they handover their hsard-earned cash to Papa Smurf.

Your right. When I was still knocking about in Moorends around 2002/3 I only knew of one other lad from Thorne, that went to the games and wore the colours. There's loads of influencing factors though. Even silly small things like collecting Premier League sticker albums. People would familiarise themselves with Weeds/Wendy's/Blades players through this source if they had no influence within their family/friends to support rovers.

Also, whilst at Thorne Grammar, not once did I see any promotional literature or such promoting the local team.

My thoughts on the group? Pathetic. They could easily just create a sub division on their main forums rather than one that tries to overshadow the rest of the local population and their football club. Totally disrespectful. Just a way of making their d**ks feel bigger. Sad cnuts. How easy is it for any exiles on here to organise/dedicate a thread to a meet up/social if there's a group living in London?

Filo, If your statement is true, get him rumbled. How to lose all your members in a day.....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 07, 2011, 10:05:20 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"BRMC_rover\" post=204029

Your right. When I was still knocking about in Moorends around 2002/3 I only knew of one other lad from that went to the games and wore the colours. There's loads of influencing factors though. Even silly small things like collecting Premier League sticker albums. People would familiarise themselves with Weeds/Wendy's/Blades players through this source if they had no influence within their family/friends to support rovers.

Also, whilst at Thorne Grammar, not once did I see any promotional literature or such promoting the local team.

It was all done in the cave drawings in Thorne and Moorends ;)

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 07, 2011, 10:42:58 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=204033

Your right. When I was still knocking about in Moorends around 2002/3 I only knew of one other lad from that went to the games and wore the colours. There's loads of influencing factors though. Even silly small things like collecting Premier League sticker albums. People would familiarise themselves with Weeds/Wendy's/Blades players through this source if they had no influence within their family/friends to support rovers.

My thoughts on the group? Pathetic. They could easily just create a sub division on their main forums rather than one that tries to overshadow the rest of the local population and their football club. Totally disrespectful. Just a way of making their d**ks feel bigger. Sad cnuts. How easy is it for any exiles on here to organise/dedicate a thread to a meet up/social if there's a group living in London?

Filo, If your statement is true, get him rumbled. How to lose all your members in a day.....

Or perhaps Dr Anthony Brookes was a Leeds fan and any promo material was 'lost in the post'? :whistle:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 07, 2011, 10:54:13 pm by Filo »

Your right. When I was still knocking about in Moorends around 2002/3 I only knew of one other lad from Thorne, that went to the games and wore the colours. There's loads of influencing factors though. Even silly small things like collecting Premier League sticker albums. People would familiarise themselves with Weeds/Wendy's/Blades players through this source if they had no influence within their family/friends to support rovers.

100% true, I was about 3 paces away from him when he got arrested at Gillingham, in fact he travelled on the same coach as me, it was run from the Peacock pub in Stainy

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 07, 2011, 11:33:57 pm by Rios »

I lived in Thorne (from 91 to 2006) and there was always a pocket of us who went to games.  I got attacked just outside the park on a Sunday evening in the 90's by two local Leeds \"fans\" as I was wearing my Rovers away shirt.

Oh and just to confuse things, I'm not originally from Donny but starting supporting when we moved to the area when I was 16 and the Rovers were particularly shit... and now I don't live in Donny anymore either.  What sort of supporter does that make me then?  Better or worse than armchair Donny based Leeds \"fans\"?  Certainly better than Filo's mate anyway!!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 07, 2011, 11:45:49 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=204033

Jealous? just cos you lot only have smoke signals out Stainy/Hatfield way :P

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 08, 2011, 06:10:13 am by idler »
They aren't smoke signals.
It's just the locals burning the insulation off of the copper cables.;)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 08, 2011, 07:22:00 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=203888
I suppose it's no different to any of us who live outside Doncaster supporting Rovers really is it?

Does this mean the Retford supporters club is bad? Or even half of the vsc board?

I think your missing the point there benaldo and looking for a fuss, probably because I remember you say something about yourself living near the peak disctrict (I could be wrong). But the point of this thread is the fact that Rovers exiles, (or those that live away from doncaster) haven't made themselves an offical supporters club, true we do have a Retford branch, but with them being leagues apart, who is to say there aren't people who go to as many Retford games as Rovers?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 08, 2011, 10:50:31 am by Padge_DRFC »
I don't think this photo looks like a town full of Weeds fans.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012