Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:23:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: More 'The Sun' Bollox?  (Read 3205 times)

AntoDRFC

• Forum Member
More 'The Sun' Bollox?
« on December 07, 2011, 12:07:21 am by AntoDRFC »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

kittyslass

• Forum Member
Re: More 'The Sun' Bollox?
« Reply #1 on December 07, 2011, 12:39:43 am by kittyslass »
In The Mirror yesterday saying they wee making a £2m bid for him AGAIN.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 07, 2011, 08:24:30 am by The Red Baron »
Must be a slow news day at the Sun. No new information to back it up- just effectively saying they bid for him in the last window and might come back again.

Southampton aren't exactly short of strikers, are they? I thought it was midfield where they could do with a bit more oomph.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 07, 2011, 08:26:59 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
If we could arrange for Billy to have a pound every time it was mentioned by the press, we may be able to afford for him to stay

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 07, 2011, 08:44:45 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"AntoDRFC\" post=203923
Billy Sharp to Southampton

That really is piss poor, even for the Sun.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 07, 2011, 09:32:19 am by jonnydog »
Bloody hell, it must have taken the chimp who wrote that at the Press Office, about 30 seconds :facepalm:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 07, 2011, 10:11:40 am by hoolahoop »
Bloody pathetic and no way I can see him going down this road. He won't need to, he has every chance to further 'shop window' himself here rather than benchwarming at some godforsaken outpost of England.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 07, 2011, 11:03:42 am by weststander »
Not sure I would dismiss this possibility so easily. I noticed on the BBC highlights of Saturday's match that at the very start it shows Billy greeting Nigel Adkins as he gets off the coach at the Keepmoat. It is clear that they have an ongoing friendship and if Saints are still in with a shout of promotion come January who knows.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 07, 2011, 11:07:41 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"weststander\" post=203957
Not sure I would dismiss this possibility so easily. I noticed on the BBC highlights of Saturday's match that at the very start it shows Billy greeting Nigel Adkins as he gets off the coach at the Keepmoat. It is clear that they have an ongoing friendship and if Saints are still in with a shout of promotion come January who knows.

He played for Scunthorpe so I think there is little unusual in that. ;)

rossorog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 07, 2011, 12:10:18 pm by rossorog »
This is the move I fear most, I believe Nigel wanted to sign him permanently at Scunny and like Weststander says could be right for a promotion push to the top tier.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 07, 2011, 12:31:21 pm by rtid88 »
This one will be all down to Billy, Southampton will come in with a offer we cannot refuse, it depends whether Billy wants to join now and be involved with the promotion push or wait until the end of the season and see if the promoted teams come in for him then. I hope to god he does not move in January, but who could blame him if he did!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 07, 2011, 12:35:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"rossorog\" post=203966
This is the move I fear most, I believe Nigel wanted to sign him permanently at Scunny and like Weststander says could be right for a promotion push to the top tier.

Nigel was the physio at Scunny when Billy was there, so I doubt he had much input into the player acquisition process.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 07, 2011, 01:10:09 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=203947
Bloody hell, it must have taken the chimp who wrote that at the Press Office, about 30 seconds :facepalm:

I resent that. It's difficult typing when your hands are cover in banana.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 07, 2011, 10:26:42 pm by BRMC_rover »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=203933
Must be a slow news day at the Sun. No new information to back it up- just effectively saying they bid for him in the last window and might come back again.

Southampton aren't exactly short of strikers, are they? I thought it was midfield where they could do with a bit more oomph.

They are though arent they. They only really have Lambert and the ageing David Connolly (must be 35 or so now), both of which were injured when we beat them on Saturday. Guly is an attacking player but cant lead the line and Lallana is a winger. They played up front in Saturday. This is what worries me. I dont think Adkins will have to do much convincing to the board in telling them Sharpy would be the final ingredient to a serious auto promotion push.

Lets just hope agent interference doesn't influence anything in Jan.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 07, 2011, 10:28:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Time for a contract extension methinks.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 08, 2011, 01:39:52 am by Mr1Croft »
Im not worried about this, he declined them in the summer and I can't see that really changing.

However after Jewell said Sharp wanted to join Ipswich in the summer does fear me, and Sharp has kept quiet on the subject (untill this week, and he didn't rule anything in or out). To me if the right money comes in, to the board it fills the gap and could stall halving the wage bill for half a season in effect.

And to be honest after his tragedy he may feel that getting away from South Yorkshire will help push the pain away, but this is all speculation, Billy will be the maker on his terms...

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 08, 2011, 01:56:45 am by Akinfenwa »
Paul Jewell talks a lot, usually out of his arse. At the time didn't JR say on the radio that Billy 'wasn't that bothered' about going to Ipswich, or something along those lines?

It wouldn't surprise me if he went to Southampton, in this story however I think it is just a case of; Southampton were interested Sharp in the summer, Sharp just scored against them, therefore they must be interested in him again in January.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 08, 2011, 07:05:06 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=204062
Paul Jewell talks a lot, usually out of his arse. At the time didn't JR say on the radio that Billy 'wasn't that bothered' about going to Ipswich, or something along those lines?

It wouldn't surprise me if he went to Southampton, in this story however I think it is just a case of; Southampton were interested Sharp in the summer, Sharp just scored against them, therefore they must be interested in him again in January.

Agreed, I just think possibly there is more chance of him going Ipswich rather than Southampton, and Jewell did say they would rekindle their interest in January, whereas this has no source...

carlislerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 08, 2011, 02:53:00 pm by carlislerover »
look to articles a bit closer to home (fee Press) too and even DRFCSC this week to read suggestions of this nature. However Ipswich will depend if Paul jewell is still there in January given current form and does Billy want to move given his recent personal circumstaces? ( Although that could also work the other way ie A new start/challenge to take their minds off  the sad loss of Luey)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012