Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:27:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Youth cup live  (Read 1269 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Youth cup live
« on December 08, 2011, 03:27:42 pm by albie »
On ChelseaTV;
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2541013,00.html?

Are Rovers planning to cover the game on Rovers Player next week?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Youth cup live
« Reply #1 on December 08, 2011, 03:32:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Lets just say I'd be surprised!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 08, 2011, 03:48:52 pm by albie »
But if Chelski are covering the cost of a live broadcast, there should not be a problem making it available to the opposition through the network.

Unless DRFC can't be bothered, which would be a pity.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 08, 2011, 05:17:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"albie\" post=204111
But if Chelski are covering the cost of a live broadcast, there should not be a problem making it available to the opposition through the network.

Unless DRFC can't be bothered, which would be a pity.

It's not that the club \"can't be bothered\", I don't think the systems are set up to do such stuff, though I agree its one of those instances that Rovers Player should ideally be covering.

I'm not sure how it all works, but there's likely to be a cost to Rovers to do this and I know the budget for Rovers player is slim. You can imagine the budget that Chelsea have to work with thinking of how many would be signed up to Chelsea TV compared to numbers signed up for Rovers Player. In the main, it's the bigger clubs that offer the most features on their Player sites - the more that sign up for Rovers Player, the more features we'll have. Covering live games like this is unlikely in the near future, though other features may well be possible if there is the demand.

I'm in process of hearing from Steve Uttley re possibilities for the future with Rovers Player. The will is there, its just the budget it seems that is the issue so don't expect all that is available on other clubs sites just yet. In the near future we'll hopefully be having a poll on here to help focus what extra Rovers Player will provide - steps forwards. I'll mention this game to him and see if its possible to do something as a one of gesture? Though who would actually watch this live - 7pm wed 14th Dec - ? Possibly better and more realistic to try and get the video from Chelsea and offer it as an archive match?

I also hope there may be the possibility of other ways in which we can temporarily improve what is offered within the current budget. Meanwhile, if you find it useful, I can keep a list with links to Rovers extended highlights and the full 90 mins games that are accessible with your Rovers Player login on other clubs Player sites.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 08, 2011, 05:35:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Trouble is its a vicious circle, the product is losing customers therefore theres less and less income, its the old adage speculate to accumulate but the art is getting the product to a reasonable standard at little cost to attract customers back, therefore more income and then carry on improving the product to attract even more not just sit on your laurals.

Anyway I do subscribe and I'm glad its being taken on board

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 08, 2011, 05:54:17 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Anybody fancy going to see it 'live'.

We'll wave to you on the telly!

:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012