Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:47:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp  (Read 4626 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Sharp
« on January 09, 2012, 10:17:04 am by dickos1 »
Billy has trained with us today, so if he did travel down to Leicester on sat evening. He must not of agreed personal terms straight away, so the discussions are still either ongoing or dead.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
Re: Sharp
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2012, 10:23:32 am by Derby Viking »
Leicester won't be the only club after his services - he'll bide his time and see what other offers there are before making any decisions. Hopefully he'll stay with us but can't see it unfortunately

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2012, 10:23:43 am by dumbroofer »
you have brightend up my morning dickos1,so will switch off all things electrical.
just in case something should spoil it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2012, 10:28:57 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Derby Viking\" post=210367
Leicester won't be the only club after his services - he'll bide his time and see what other offers there are before making any decisions. Hopefully he'll stay with us but can't see it unfortunately

I agree, but that might not be to the liking of Pearson who will hopefully move on to another target

Derby Viking

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2012, 10:34:27 am by Derby Viking »
With any luck but doubt he will find another player of Billy's quality for only £3m! Huddersfield want £5m apparently for Rhodes and he's unproven at this level.

Just hope that if he does go then DS has got a good replacement in his sights

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2012, 10:35:56 am by dickos1 »
I'm sure he does, but whether he will get the funds is a different matter.

Keith Myath

« Reply #6 on January 09, 2012, 10:44:56 am by Keith Myath »
Agent will stall talks etc, Sharp has reasons to want to have time to think. I reckon Pearson will have to wait till the end of the week atleast for an answer. Which hopefully will see a cameo roll for Sharp for 10 minutes against Cardiff to allow us to say thanks and goodbye (If he leaves)

I reckon Fulham will come in, judging by the striker clearout they are planning, that would be a great move for Sharp as he seems to strive at the smaller clubs in a league.

Heres hoping we get to see him Saturday atleast

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2012, 11:01:43 am by djoftherovers1 »
i think the clubs who are after sharp are prob interested in Rhodes aswell. i think the bids will come in for sharp once Rhodes has decided what he wants to do as judging by the speculation he is the one more in demand.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2012, 11:02:26 am by ditch_drfc »
It really grates on me that the club put it on the official website. In the least they could have added a sentence saying how nobody wants him to leave (but our hands are tied by the clause).

Be a great bonus if he's still here Saturday.

donnyguy61

£28000 a week
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2012, 11:22:58 am by donnyguy61 »
LEICESTER City are reportedly ready to make Billy Sharp the highest paid player in the Championship.

The Foxes will offer Sharp a three-and-a-half year deal worth £28,000 a week and including a £200,000 signing-on fee, according to the Mirror.

Sharp is expected to discuss personal terms with City later this week
 hard to turn that money down

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: £28000 a week
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2012, 11:30:13 am by AbsolutDRFC »
I wonder what sort of wages, the likes of Fulham and Wigan (for example) pay in the Premiership.

Same with the likes of Danny Graham and Steve Morison who both moved from our division last Summer.....

It would be nice to have Billy available for Saturday.
With them playing in the Carling Cup tomorrow night, Cardiff won't be as fresh as us and could be there for the taking.

3 points on Saturday would pull us right back in there (and could panic the likes of Millwall too).....

SiBo

• Forum Member
Re: £28000 a week
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2012, 11:32:38 am by SiBo »
Highest paid player in Championship on £28k a week?????? I really dont think so?? They're will be reserves at West Ham on more than that, Illunga being one of them!!

As for reading too much into Billy being at training today, Bolton agreed fee with Chelsea for Cahill over a week ago. That is still ongoing even though Coyle says expects it to be resolved and Cahill will go there. Never gonna be as straightforward as chat over a cuppa on a Sunday morning!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2012, 11:54:01 am by sedwardsdrfc »
im sure carlton cole, rob green, kevin nolan, mark noble and many others at west ham are on about 35-45k a week and isant beckford on 40k a week?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2012, 12:29:48 pm by rtid88 »
Thats just a bullshit story with The Mirror just quoting random figures to make a story! As if the club would have let slip any figures that they would be offering a player!! Utter Balls

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2012, 01:00:08 pm by Nudga »
I was talking to a mate on friday who knows Billy and says that Billy believes he is being forced out. He doesn't want to go (just yet) but looks like he might have to as the club are inviting offers.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2012, 01:20:17 pm by Red wizard »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=210424
I was talking to a mate on friday who knows Billy and says that Billy believes he is being forced out. He doesn't want to go (just yet) but looks like he might have to as the club are inviting offers.
I don't get how we are inviting offers. He is one of if not the best finisher in the league at a small club and has a release clause in his contract. We have heard JR and DS say they want him to stay but we will get offers and we have to let him speek to them.

Keith Myath

« Reply #16 on January 09, 2012, 02:02:17 pm by Keith Myath »
On a west ham site, it said Illunga is on £20k a week, which makes Billy worth £100k a week. Leicester City you tight gits!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 09, 2012, 02:09:57 pm by Wild Rover »

Not wishing to be awkward, but, did \"Billy\" feel that way when Ipswich and more importantly Southampton courted him in the summer, after all did he not speak to Southampton before deciding to stay.
This window is no different as far as i can see. Some team bids, it reaches the activation point in BS contract, club tell Billy, rest is up to him.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 09, 2012, 02:17:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Speaking to some Leicester fans, even they feel it would be a bad move for Billy. The strikers they have at present are not getting decent service and the muppets in their crowd (they have more than us although reading this forum of late you wouldn't think so) would be straight on his back if he didn't score in the first 30 seconds. Add to this the fact that Billy wouldn't be playing in the same role he does here. I know you read the forum Billy, it maybe a lot of money but there are better clubs out there for your talent, stay and keep us up, get 20+ this season and enjoy the prem next. :thumbsup:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2012, 02:23:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm also of the belief that Sharp does not want to leave us for anything other than a Premier league club, but that the club want to sell to get the money and won't risk him seeing out his contract as they cannot afford that to happen.  I believe this to be true given where I heard it from and he may just stay yet.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2012, 02:32:59 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
We need Billy more than ever, his goals are going to be needed for us to stay in the championship. Unless there is another clause in the summer that's lower than the current one, then it would be better all round if he stays until then. As Ryan said himself, staying in this division is the most important thing. If Billy does go all the best to him, he'll always be a club hero.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 09, 2012, 02:34:04 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=210452
I'm also of the belief that Sharp does not want to leave us for anything other than a Premier league club, but that the club want to sell to get the money and won't risk him seeing out his contract as they cannot afford that to happen.  I believe this to be true given where I heard it from and he may just stay yet.

If so,it might be worth a shot at asking him to extend his current contract with another resonable (for both parties) selling clause.Hence,he can stay longer and we still get a half reasonable fee if he gets a premiership offer in the meantime?:)
Unless the board are wanting to offload his wages bill too?Then sadly,its try to sell now still.:(

alisonoconnor

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 09, 2012, 03:07:46 pm by alisonoconnor »
I thought he wanted to go to a London club West Ham was mentioned.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 09, 2012, 03:48:15 pm by Dare to dream! »
he is settled up in the north and doesnt want to move down south so moves to West Ham, Southampton etc should be ruled out

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 09, 2012, 04:25:22 pm by JonWallsend »
Quote from: \"Drover\" post=210456
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=210452

If so,it might be worth a shot at asking him to extend his current contract with another resonable (for both parties) selling clause.Hence,he can stay longer and we still get a half reasonable fee if he gets a premiership offer in the meantime?:)
Unless the board are wanting to offload his wages bill too?Then sadly,its try to sell now still.:(

That seems a sensible solution although it's not quite as easy as that. I can't imagine it will be difficult to move Billy on at anytime (or any window). The club run the risk that his value might go down due to a decline in form or that, he is a league one striker or conversely his value could go up. Injuries affecting his form and subsequent value have to be considered as that, as we only know too well, is a realistic possibility.

I would suggest that the club are keen to cash in while his stock is high and he's under contract. Removing Billy from the wage bill is possibly key to financing some more of McKay's loanees. Staying in in the division is the priority and, I doubt anyone would disagree, we have more chance of achieving that with Billy on board but our financial situation might well dictate otherwise.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 09, 2012, 05:29:44 pm by graingrover »
We all know how we have already suffered from letting our best players go and it is arguably the fact that they have all proved irreplaceable that has lead  to our current position ... Wellens then Mills then Shackell. But Billy is even more imporant . It is a wonderful gesture on JR's part to have agreed a release clause and then to allow Billy to talk to the club(s) who trigger it . But JR knows how important a proven goalscorer is to us and the decision Billy makes at this juncture could well determine this club's destiny for the next five years. My hoe is that Billy willstay until the end of the season and eventually move to the but never gamble on going up with Leicester City.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 09, 2012, 05:33:27 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=210365
Billy has trained with us today, so if he did travel down to Leicester on sat evening. He must not of agreed personal terms straight away, so the discussions are still either ongoing or dead.

Billy DID not train with the club today, don't know where you got your info from but your wrong, he was only at the club today.

by the way, don't hold your breath that he will be here for the cardiff game, leicester are hoping to tie up the deal so he can make his debut against.............barnsley.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 09, 2012, 05:52:44 pm by Nudga »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=210437
I don't get how we are inviting offers. He is one of if not the best finisher in the league at a small club and has a release clause in his contract. We have heard JR and DS say they want him to stay but we will get offers and we have to let him speek to them.

No idea mate, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It's probably more to do with the fact that Rovers need him off the wage bill.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 09, 2012, 06:00:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is heresay but a source at the Keepmoat has reported that Billy has been offered £28k a week, as reported above, rising to £40k should they get promoted to the Premiership.

There won't be many bottom end Premiership clubs who can compete with that.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 09, 2012, 06:03:34 pm by Dare to dream! »
i dont think the wage is relevant, i dont think he is money omotivated just wants to be playing football week in week out i dont think he will get it at Leicester would be a bad move, think they sre bbigger than everyone thinks they are. They wont go up this season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012