Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 11:24:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sean O'Driscoll joins Nottingham Forest.....  (Read 11257 times)

paddymacca

• Forum Member
Sean O'Driscoll joins Nottingham Forest.....
« on January 18, 2012, 10:35:43 pm by paddymacca »
as first team coach.

Very Surprised. I thought he was suppose to be a sought after manager. What a difference a year makes.

O'Driscoll to forest

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Sean O'Driscoll joins Nottingham Forest.....
« Reply #1 on January 18, 2012, 10:38:05 pm by Red wizard »
Next manager there then?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 18, 2012, 10:39:28 pm by mushRTID »
Can't see him getting on with that dick Cotterill.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 18, 2012, 10:41:14 pm by JonWallsend »
What a bizarre couple- got to be the beginning of the end for Cotterill. Expect SOD to be esconsed in the hot seat by February.

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on January 18, 2012, 10:42:59 pm by VikingJames »
I thought he'd get a job somewhere before long, but I didn't envisage him going head to head with us in a relegation battle so soon.

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 18, 2012, 10:45:45 pm by paddymacca »
Was O'Driscoll not linked with the Forest job a few years back? Cotterill and O'Driscoll old team mates. Cannot see how its going to work.

Forest must be thinking long term, maybe planning incase of relegation as well. O'Driscoll perfect for the job should they go down. Tighten the pure strings and all that.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 18, 2012, 10:46:33 pm by Jenny »
Will certainly make the game at Forest a bit more spicy. I imagine it will put another few hundred Rovers fans on the gate too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 18, 2012, 10:46:44 pm by dickos1 »
Thought they hated each other after that touchline bust up. Cotterill said in the interview after that game that the scuffle was because of something that goes back years.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 18, 2012, 10:48:12 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=213361
as first team coach.

Very Surprised. I thought he was suppose to be a sought after manager. What a difference a year makes.

O'Driscoll to forest

What a daft post, there are few better coaches in the country imo. Coach at the Trees is required urgently at present. Manager in waiting perhaps ?

paddymacca

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 18, 2012, 10:51:30 pm by paddymacca »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=213369
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=213361
as first team coach.

O'Driscoll to forest

What a daft post, there are few better coaches in the country imo. Coach at the Trees is required urgently at present. Manager in waiting perhaps ?

My comment wasn't a dig at O'Driscoll, more an observation based on the jobs he has been linked with both recently and over the past 12-18 months or so. Agree he is a top manager.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 18, 2012, 10:57:13 pm by hoolahoop »
Fairy snuff fella :)

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 18, 2012, 10:57:14 pm by Muttley »
Quote from: \"JonWallsend\" post=213364
What a bizarre couple- got to be the beginning of the end for Cotterill. Expect SOD to be esconsed in the hot seat by February.

Can't see Forest fans (or their board) having the patience for the SOD approach.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 18, 2012, 11:01:23 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Muttley\" post=213372
Quote from: \"JonWallsend\" post=213364

Can't see Forest fans (or their board) having the patience for the SOD approach.

Don't think they have a lot of choice, they need someone to put some shape into the team urgently.......it's not good news for us though. :(

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 18, 2012, 11:09:08 pm by Chris »
Forest fans seem to think he will be taking over from SC if results down change soon. Could go either way for us; SC isn't exactly doing a great job and a new manager could change that, however, Sean O'Driscoll doesn't seem the sort to instantly turn things around.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 18, 2012, 11:25:23 pm by Mr1Croft »
Looks to me as if Forest are as sure as hell Coterrill is finished as a manager, and snapping us SOD before it's too late.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is so SOD has more than enough time to work with the first team, without actually being blamed for the results over the next few games and then stab Cotterill in the back and unveil him as manager for the game against us or Barnsley.

I say we keep a close eye on forest transfers, if anyone joins them with links to Bournemouth or perhaps even Rovers, then SOD is as good as manager in my eyes...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 18, 2012, 11:37:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Curtains for Cotterill.

Forest bids coming in before end of window? Mmmmmm.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 19, 2012, 03:18:10 am by Standanista »
Quote from: \"paddymacca\" post=213366
Forest must be thinking long term, maybe planning incase of relegation as well. O'Driscoll perfect for the job should they go down. Tighten the pure strings and all that.

A very good point sir.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 19, 2012, 07:53:00 am by keyser_soze »
Must admit I was surprised at this after the bust-up on the touchline previously! Always dodgy to undermine a manager by bringing someone in to help him. Good move for Forest longer term though, so long as they don't turf Sean out when they sack Cotterill.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 19, 2012, 08:03:10 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=213382
Curtains for Cotterill.

Forest bids coming in before end of window? Mmmmmm.

I didn't see that one coming as I didn't think they got on particularly well. It will be interesting to know who made the appointment- was it the Board or was it Cotterill himself?

As for transfer moves, they don't have the money to afford any of our big hitters, but it could be an opportunity to move on the likes of Lockwood and Wilson.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 19, 2012, 08:14:47 am by RobTheRover »
Good luck to him, but not that much luck just yet.....

;)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 19, 2012, 08:20:48 am by DearneValleyRover »
The Doherty well has dried up so Forest have no money, any Transfers they do make are done b a panel. If Sean takes as long with Forest as he did with us to get going then they will be in League1 next season. To me his appointment sounds as if that is what they expect. Good luck to Sean but not until next season.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 19, 2012, 08:26:18 am by DonnyNoel »
Very odd on the face of it. Some sources describe the two as old friends yet the bad blood in the ties between us and Pompey last season suggest otherwise, not to mention the contrast in styles. That said, SOD is an excellent coach, maybe even a better coach than all-round manager. If Forest can't buy then no doubt he will improve what they have. We'll still finish above them though.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 19, 2012, 08:28:05 am by Wade Falana »
Martin Woods to go out and get some game time on loan?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 19, 2012, 09:30:53 am by keyser_soze »
I'm not sure if he's the man to save their Champ status, but could be a good bet to retrieve it next season once Cotterill is out of there. Lets hope that's the way it happens!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 19, 2012, 10:17:25 am by benaldo »
I can't see him being a quick fix. But good luck to him anyway. I just feel that a job at a club like forest, with debts of 75 million, huge expectation, poor players, poorer results, trigger happy board, is a hiding to nothing and can only damage your career if you don't scale the insurmountable odds!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 19, 2012, 10:17:47 am by Wellred »
He is the ideal man for the job. Excellent coach poor Manager.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 19, 2012, 10:19:17 am by drfcsteve »
I said on another thread Forest to go down as long as they keep Cotterill in charge, I'm not too sure now with Sean in the background.

Seems like a master stroke by their board, they can't spend so appoint a guy who's known for getting the best out of players and making them play well in a system. If it works they can sack Cotterill and appoint Sean full time, if they get related they can sack Cotterill and let Sean rebuild in league 1!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 19, 2012, 10:37:38 am by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"drfcsteve\" post=213411
I said on another thread Forest to go down as long as they keep Cotterill in charge, I'm not too sure now with Sean in the background.

Seems like a master stroke by their board, they can't spend so appoint a guy who's known for getting the best out of players and making them play well in a system. If it works they can sack Cotterill and appoint Sean full time, if they get related they can sack Cotterill and let Sean rebuild in league 1!

He's also known for needing time to get the players playing well in that system, and the system requires certain types of players. Cotterill won't be bringing in these type of players.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 19, 2012, 10:44:08 am by Chris »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=213410
He is the ideal man for the job. Excellent coach poor Manager.

:dry:

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 19, 2012, 10:48:10 am by sedwardsdrfc »
forest have on paper got really good players but im not sure cotterill would want Sod telling him how to play and i cant see Sod's training regime working if it is the same as he had here. but at least next time we play them they will have a long injury list with lots of players tired after 30mins and unable to battle physically or defend corners. but they will be good at passing it back to the keeper.

seriously though seems strange the board are either undermiming cotterill or he really stuck and needs ideas id say probably the first and wouldent be suprised if Sod is forests next manager. i would also say they are looking really good for relegation now imo but if sod is manager will comback stronger.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012