Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:51:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: picking the side  (Read 4901 times)

colin cramb

• Forum Member
picking the side
« on January 24, 2012, 04:19:21 pm by colin cramb »
unsure if i should post this because no doubt i'll get abuse, but here goes, my mate has been talking to a current rovers player's dad over the last few weeks and he tells me that willie mckay is deffo picking the side, i have no agenda and my mate has no reason to lie, i'm all for the mckay project as i think we would have gone down anyway without trying something, although dont think i approve of him picking the side i'm fully aware mckay has denied this in numerous interviews but i dont see any reason why this players dad or my mate would lie...:chair: :chair: :saywhat: :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Re: picking the side
« Reply #1 on January 24, 2012, 04:26:49 pm by Superspy »
Perhaps not necessarily lying, but more exaggeration with a mix of Chinese whispers?

After all, the information has already been through 2 people to get to you.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 24, 2012, 04:31:30 pm by colin cramb »
possibly pal, but i deffo do think there is more to mckay's job than simply bringing the players in, whatever or whoever is in charge lets just hope we stay up :rtid:

RUPRECHT

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 24, 2012, 04:31:42 pm by RUPRECHT »
Bullshit - simples

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 24, 2012, 04:34:56 pm by idler »
The only thing is would Plessis or the other two new recruits be playing were he
actually picking the side.
:unsure:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 24, 2012, 04:43:11 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"idler\" post=215015
The only thing is would Plessis or the other two new recruits be playing were he
actually picking the side.
:unsure:

if they're unfit then still no.. cos they'd just look shit, which would defeat the object of what he's trying to do, surely?..

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 24, 2012, 04:57:30 pm by Wild Rover »
If McKay was to be picking the team why would he chose players he is not agent for, as opposed to those he is.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 24, 2012, 05:12:11 pm by leedshayter »
Load o bullux ,muppet!shit stirring muppet at that

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 24, 2012, 05:32:12 pm by colin cramb »
I can assure you it is not a load of \"bollux\" unless the players dad is lying which of course he maybe but I see no reason why he would and I'm not trying to stir things up like I said previously I support the club however they wish to run it and will support the XI on the pitch whoever they are  :rtid:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 24, 2012, 06:30:34 pm by benaldo »
What a load of \"my mums neighbours cats ex owners friends aunties husbands overheard a friend of a friends kids mates dad overhearing a conversation in a crowded pub after a few pints.\"

Not only is it untrue, it's stupid.

Ask yourself this -
a) A football agent is allowed by John Ryan to pick the team?
OR

b) Your mates dad is a bullshitter?

ps If you aren't in the JR/Saunders/Mckay out trolleybus, the actual answer is b.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 24, 2012, 06:32:59 pm by Superspy »
Come on benny, get it right, it's a \"current player's\" dad ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 24, 2012, 06:36:38 pm by jonnydog »
Is there any point in me asking who the player in questions' dad it is?

[attachment=973]nah.jpg[/attachment]

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 24, 2012, 06:42:23 pm by madmick50 »
If it's true then an easy way to test this would be to check what the team line-ups have been since the project started. Have the new players always played when they've been match fit and not injured? I kept an eye on things in the early days and it did seem as though the new players automatically got a game if they met the above criteria (or even if they weren't match fit). I don't know if this is still the case.

I suspect there may be an element of truth in it in that maybe McKay decides if his players play or not and Saunders then makes up the rest of the team how he wants from the old guard. There would be no point in McKay bringing players in if they weren't going to play as this would be a clear waste of his time.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 24, 2012, 06:48:45 pm by The Red Baron »
The thing is, though, with players like Ilunga, Fortune and Button, where we are making a minimal contribution to their wages, then surely the parent club expects us to play them as much as possible?

That's not down to McKay- it's the nature of the loan system.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 24, 2012, 06:50:23 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=215054
The thing is, though, with players like Ilunga, Fortune and Button, where we are making a minimal contribution to their wages, then surely the parent club expects us to play them as much as possible?

That's not down to McKay- it's the nature of the loan system.

Enough of your sensible posts.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 24, 2012, 06:56:38 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=215051
If it's true then an easy way to test this would be to check what the team line-ups have been since the project started. Have the new players always played when they've been match fit and not injured? I kept an eye on things in the early days and it did seem as though the new players automatically got a game if they met the above criteria (or even if they weren't match fit). I don't know if this is still the case.

I suspect there may be an element of truth in it in that maybe McKay decides if his players play or not and Saunders then makes up the rest of the team how he wants from the old guard. There would be no point in McKay bringing players in if they weren't going to play as this would be a clear waste of his time.

SO Madmick comes up with this..........

:sick:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 24, 2012, 06:56:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
Which players dad was it? I dont expect you to say, simply because your bullshitting!

It is in McKay's interest for these players to play (abeit, when fully fit) so i could belive that he may ask his mate Saunders to play 1 or 2 of them in certain games (for example, he invites a few clubs to watch Bamogo, he'd need to make sure Saunders plays him). No way does he pick the team though!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 24, 2012, 06:58:07 pm by mushRTID »
This is laughable.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 24, 2012, 07:10:26 pm by Red wizard »
When is all this cock n bull going to stop? I think if i was Mckay i would run a mile. Trying to help us out and all he is getting from some people is abuse at games,endless threads on here about what he is ment to be doing and how is is going to make loads of money. Get real, if he wanted to make loads of money he would still be an agent fact. He made more than enough money on Barton to QPR and could still be doing that. Yeah he may make a bit of money if we do well, and it will be a bit as well compared to what he has earned. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 24, 2012, 07:20:09 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Red wizard\" post=215063
When is all this cock n bull going to stop? I think if i was Mckay i would run a mile. Trying to help us out and all he is getting from some people is abuse at games,endless threads on here about what he is ment to be doing and how is is going to make loads of money. Get real, if he wanted to make loads of money he would still be an agent fact. He made more than enough money on Barton to QPR and could still be doing that. Yeah he may make a bit of money if we do well, and it will be a bit as well compared to what he has earned. Some people need to wake up and smell the coffee.

You have a point there. The bloke comes in to help out his local club and gets us the best squad we've ever had by a million miles and a bunch of ingrate, inbeciles, want to open up an x files and issue a fatwa!! It's ludicrous!

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 24, 2012, 07:22:02 pm by colin cramb »
I didn't want to name which player's father it is simply because I didn't want to get him or the player into trouble, which is why I had my doubts about posting...does it make a difference who the player is? Will it make my story more credible? I get the feeling no matter what I say I'll just got shot down in flames, I'm fairly new to this board I get the impression that if you don't toe the line and agree with the main men on here and their opions then you are simply branded a idiot or a liar..As stated several times, I support the team no matter who selects it or who plays, I just thought I'd share the story with you I guess I should have listened to my doubts and not posted

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 24, 2012, 07:34:36 pm by madmick50 »
I didn't want to name which player's father it is simply because I didn't want to get him or the player into trouble, which is why I had my doubts about posting...does it make a difference who the player is? Will it make my story more credible? I get the feeling no matter what I say I'll just got shot down in flames, I'm fairly new to this board I get the impression that if you don't toe the line and agree with the main men on here and their opions then you are simply branded a idiot or a liar..As stated several times, I support the team no matter who selects it or who plays, I just thought I'd share the story with you I guess I should have listened to my doubts and not posted

It makes no odds who the player is and you are right to protect his anonymity. I am grateful you posted as I'm sure are many others, they're just too scared to admit it because they'll get abuse if they do. Try not to let 'the main men' put you off posting. They just don't like it if anyone says anything in the slightest that doesn't fit their rose tinted glasses view of life.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 24, 2012, 07:39:14 pm by Mr1Croft »
There is a lot of speculation currently about Saunders and McKay and there has been since day one and this is the two scenarios;

1. Dean Saunders is manager because Sean O'Driscoll wouldn't work with McKay
2. Dean Saunders is manager because Sean O'Driscoll was one game from equalling one of our worse records.

Now because McKay and JR have spoken about players SOD were offered by McKay in the past, I tend to believe it was a mixture of both, we were doing badly under Sean, McKay offers JR a last gasp plan but given the clash of personalities its a case of \"stick with Sean and hope he performs another miracle, or step back John, look at the bigger picture and try my way, it will be tough for you to sack Sean but we both know he won't work with me.\" JR bit the bullet and did what he believed was best, whether that was the right decision is still up for discussion but lets not get off topic.

SOD was placed on Gardening leave, and a new manager was brought in immediately, one who tried something similar with McKay at Wrexham (although failed to attract the right calibre, the conference isn't a shop window, its more like a Netto wall sticker.

Lets get it right here; this is a short term shop window exercise therefore if we don't play these players I doubt more will come flocking, they have to get played. We get a percentage if they get sold so I can imagine McKay will be in touch with his links overseas trying to sell them, I can't imagine this phone call:

\"Yeah if you can fly over from Eygypt that would be great, but there is a chance he won't play\"

So in a fashion you could say McKay is picking the team, although contributing to the selection process is possibly more accurate, but for £100 a week for a second opinion for someone who has worked in the field of scouting, I'd say its a pretty fair deal...

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 24, 2012, 07:43:44 pm by roversam »
Quote from: \"colin cramb\" post=215068
I didn't want to name which player's father it is simply because I didn't want to get him or the player into trouble, which is why I had my doubts about posting...does it make a difference who the player is? Will it make my story more credible? I get the feeling no matter what I say I'll just got shot down in flames, I'm fairly new to this board I get the impression that if you don't toe the line and agree with the main men on here and their opions then you are simply branded a idiot or a liar..As stated several times, I support the team no matter who selects it or who plays, I just thought I'd share the story with   you I guess I should have listened to my doubts and not posted
I cant believe that you are so shocked at the response you are getting on the forum. What do you expect CC , for everyone to actually believe that WM is picking the team, come off it mate it is total bullshit as someone said earlier, you will be telling me next that  Redknapp is innocent.:headbang:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 24, 2012, 07:52:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"colin cramb\" post=215068

As Willie McKay doesn't even decide who comes to the club in the first place, it's obvious it's b*llocks.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 24, 2012, 08:14:49 pm by grayx »
Quote from:
As Willie McKay doesn't even decide who comes to the club in the first place, it's obvious it's b*llocks.[/quote

Don't underestimate Mr McKays involvement.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 24, 2012, 08:27:06 pm by Wild Rover »
Below is a list of Loan and Permenent signings since start of season. Obviously i have omitted Ryan Mason, Milan Lalcovic and John Parkin as they were SOD signings.

Now i will start with the players who are contracted to other clubs who will never in a million Years be sold while playing for Doncaster Rovers. In ( ) are the appearences made

Karl Ikeme (5)
Chris Kirkland (1)
David Button   (3)
Marc Antoine Fortune (5)

So they i dont consider to be showcase players.

Some who will be leaving current clubs who could be showcase players are

Herita Ilunga (15)
Herold Goulon (5)
Damien Plessis (0)
Habib Baye (9)

Definate Showcase players ( recent recruits )
E.H.D.(8)
Pascal Chimbonda (6)
Lamaine Diatta (0)
Habib Bomogo (1)
Mamadu Bagoyoko (0)

Seems to me that there are not very many who have a parent club who would not insist their players start ( Baye possibly the only one ), the rest have no great number of appearences to warrent anyone saying anyone other than Dean Saunders picks the team.
21 games DS has been in charge, Herita Ilunga appearing in 15 up to loan end. Seems fairly normal to me for the rest of them.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 24, 2012, 08:55:20 pm by wilts rover »
So if this is true - do we then credit WM with the recent upturn in form and the wins against Saints, Leicester, Barnsley & the vastly improved away display at Bristol - or do we only slag him off when we loose?

Question - how many players dads live in and around donny for the OP to be able to talk to - should narrow it down a bit

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 24, 2012, 09:00:59 pm by ravenrover »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=215089
Below is a list of Loan and Permenent signings since start of season. Obviously i have omitted Ryan Mason, Milan Lalcovic and John Parkin as they were SOD signings.

Now i will start with the players who are contracted to other clubs who will never in a million Years be sold while playing for Doncaster Rovers. In ( ) are the appearences made

Karl Ikeme (5)
Chris Kirkland (1)
David Button   (3)
Marc Antoine Fortune (5)

So they i dont consider to be showcase players.

Some who will be leaving current clubs who could be showcase players are

Herita Ilunga (15)
Herold Goulon (5)
Damien Plessis (0)
Habib Baye (9)

Definate Showcase players ( recent recruits )
E.H.D.(8)
Pascal Chimbonda (6)
Lamaine Diatta (0)
Habib Bomogo (1)
Mamadu Bagoyoko (0)

Seems to me that there are not very many who have a parent club who would not insist their players start ( Baye possibly the only one ), the rest have no great number of appearences to warrent anyone saying anyone other than Dean Saunders picks the team.
21 games DS has been in charge, Herita Ilunga appearing in 15 up to loan end. Seems fairly normal to me for the rest of them.

And the natural alternative left back would have been?
I didn't particularly rate Illunga whilst he was here but at the time we had a rather large shortage of alternative natural left backs.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 24, 2012, 09:04:59 pm by colin cramb »
Correct wilts, not rocket science to figure out who it is!! But then of course its no-body as I'm a lying shit stirring idiot

TinyPortal © 2005-2012