Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:58:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp at Southampton having medical!  (Read 5546 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Sharp at Southampton having medical!
« on January 30, 2012, 01:03:58 pm by Mr1Croft »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Sharp at Southampton having medical!
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2012, 02:19:00 pm by grayx »
Just had confirmation on sky, terms agreed subject to medical. Shit.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2012, 02:23:33 pm by MrFrost »
I'm guessing we won't have a replacement lined up, with the financial situation what it is.
Desperate times. If Diouf doesn't stay (which is looking extremely unlikely) then I cannot see us scoring many more goals this campaign.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2012, 02:24:13 pm by Filo »
I did forcast this on this forum around October time and was ridiculed by some posters1 Us Taxi drivers get to know all sorts! ;)

Fee undisclosed?

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2012, 02:25:22 pm by Jim Dobbin »
From Paul Walker Radio Sheff on twitter:

Bid accepted for Sharp
Trying to tie up a deal for Diouf
Button extends loan deal
Trying to sign Fabian Robert.

In a nutshell...

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2012, 02:25:36 pm by rover-n-out »
Well, what did we all expect!. It had to happen sooner than later.
He deserves better than us, good luck to the lad!.:byebye

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2012, 02:27:05 pm by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=216352
I'm guessing we won't have a replacement lined up, with the financial situation what it is.
Desperate times. If Diouf doesn't stay (which is looking extremely unlikely) then I cannot see us scoring many more goals this campaign.

Doesn't it look more likely that Diouf will stay if Billy leaves?

I-was-there1976

« Reply #7 on January 30, 2012, 02:27:49 pm by I-was-there1976 »
500k plus add ons
plus sell on
less Sheff u bit
plus he doesnt play against us

Just enough to pay the apr on the 4 wise mens/womens loans

Ive heard Wilsons gone as well (not to Southampton) but its only a rumour

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2012, 02:29:21 pm by MrFrost »
500k? Are you having a laugh?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2012, 02:31:16 pm by grayx »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=216359
500k plus add ons
plus sell on
less Sheff u bit
plus he doesnt play against us

Just enough to pay the apr on the 4 wise mens/womens loans

No way.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #10 on January 30, 2012, 02:36:04 pm by I-was-there1976 »
might be a nasty rumour from my mate who s a Saints fan. He says they are skint so wont be paying alot

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2012, 02:40:58 pm by ScillyRover »
Barn Yard coming the other way ?? :(

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 30, 2012, 02:45:06 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"I-was-there1976\" post=216364
might be a nasty rumour from my mate who s a Saints fan. He says they are skint so wont be paying alot

They are far from skint.. Just bid 6 million for hooper. They are in top 3 biggest spenders in division. We wouldn't of accepted 500k

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 30, 2012, 02:56:15 pm by donnyroversfc »
It'll be the release clause, very much doubt we'd accept anything less.

Bye Billy.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 30, 2012, 02:58:32 pm by RoversAlias »

Aaaand that's what confirms your mate is full of shit. Saints are one of the richest clubs in the league thanks to that Swiss company, just bid 6-7mil for Gary Hooper.

Sums it up. We're selling Sharp and are trying to tie up a deal for...drumroll please...some midfielder from FC Lorient. Gotta love how this 'experiment' is turning out.

In short, we are screwed. There is no two ways about it.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 30, 2012, 03:03:17 pm by inSODwetrust »
So, come 5pm King Billy is going to be a Sothampton player :(

I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done, and some of the amazing goals you've scored for us! Also, I was very, very proud to be a Rovers fan when you stepped onto the pitch, played your heart out and scored one of the best goals in 2011 vs Middlesborough, three days after your tragic loss. :clapping:

If we dont replace him I will be extremeley worried!

:rtid:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 30, 2012, 03:21:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Nothing the club could do it's that simple they had to sell him.  We need the money and realistically we shouldn't be paying far in excess of what our limits are and we have with Sharp.  We have to restructure to be more sustainable.

For all the successes Sharp has had goalscoring wise, we're too reliant on him, I said it in the summer and I still believe that, we need more balance in the side.  Pointless having a good striker if you don't have some quality in midfield and defence.  Ironically we're probably as strong at the back in the last few games as we have been for a long while.

We will need a replacement, but we do have the two Africans that have come in.  Now I'm expecting the typical Willie Mckay players b*llocks, however we should give them a chance.  How people can whinge about players they haven't really seen I'll never know.  They won't be the answer but hopefully we'll get behind them and move on.

Also, good luck to Sharp he played his socks off for us and we can't complain about that.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 30, 2012, 03:45:54 pm by philsky »
The lad deserves a crack at The Premiership.

Whats the odds of him having a run out tomorrow night against Cardiff ?

RTID

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 30, 2012, 04:07:33 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"philsky\" post=216380
The lad deserves a crack at The Premiership.

Whats the odds of him having a run out tomorrow night against Cardiff ?

RTID

Agreed good luck to him. Goes with my best wishes and you can't really blame him with events here of late.

Good as down now though - god knows where we are going to find goals from.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 30, 2012, 04:24:31 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=216370

Aaaand that's what confirms your mate is full of shit. Saints are one of the richest clubs in the league thanks to that Swiss company, just bid 6-7mil for Gary Hooper.

Sums it up. We're selling Sharp and are trying to tie up a deal for...drumroll please...some midfielder from FC Lorient. Gotta love how this 'experiment' is turning out.

In short, we are screwed. There is no two ways about it.

Fabien Robert, brother of Laurent Robert He plays as an attacking midfielder, but also can play as a striker.

Thats it knock the bloke before he has even signed. FFS get a grip you moaner.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 30, 2012, 05:06:36 pm by benaldo »
I can't get my breath.......people are moaning about him leaving?????!!!! What did you expect?

JR is now on his own, he obviously can't afford the \"increased offer\" on his own and BIlly Sharp is (Despite what the less clever amongst you might think) obviously motivated not to help Rovers out, but to get a pay day. That's football. LIke I've said before, no players really care about the club they play for, they care about the pay cheque.

And what's everyone worrying about replacing him for? To my mind Rovers have Bamogo (apparently brilliant), bagayoko, Brown, Hayter, Diouf (perhaps) already in the squad. Billy Sharp is one man. He's scored a couple of really good goals this season, managed 10 in all, and though he's obviously a good player, he's not the only person at the club right now capable of scoring the goals that we need to stay up. I'm betting Bamogo steps up and shows us what he's made of.

And if you were JR what would you do with the cash? -

Spend it on someone?
Use it to pay off Dicks part of the original purchase price of Sharp?
Use the rest to stop the massive shortfall you are going to have to stump up at the end of the season out of your own pocket?

I just hope you're all clever enough to realise that we're not in the market for bringing in anyone at the moment?

I must say though, I'm disappointed in Sharp. I thought he'd stick it out until the summer when his value won't have dropped at all I would guess? Money talks......

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 30, 2012, 05:16:59 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=216405
I can't get my breath.......people are moaning about him leaving?????!!!! What did you expect?

You moan about people moaning about him leaving

I must say though, I'm disappointed in Sharp. I thought he'd stick it out until the summer when his value won't have dropped at all I would guess? Money talks......

Then proceed to moan about him leaving yourself.

Frankly, I don't blame him one iota for getting out of here right now to be honest.

What slightly bugs me, note the word slightly, is developments like this.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16788980.stm

....quality player, the sort you'd think we'd be in the running for. Interesting developments to come over the next 24 hrs hopefully.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 30, 2012, 05:19:39 pm by benaldo »
\"Disappointed\" is moaning???!! Well done :clapping:

I don't like you either.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 30, 2012, 05:25:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Of course you were. What do you want people to do? This is a discussion forum, and the reaction to Sharp leaving is as you would expect. Or should everyone just shut up, not post at all and just smile to themselves for the rest of the day that the best striker at the club (by a significant distance) has left and it doesn't look likely we'll sign a replacement.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 30, 2012, 06:22:44 pm by steve@dcfd »

Dean said the club have accepted a Deal for Billy. So if he goes good luck to him and the chairman and the other share holders will get the money back they spent. So money does talks for them. The players we have will do their best to replace his goals. He is/ was the best striker we have / had for along time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 30, 2012, 06:26:11 pm by IDM »
BIlly Sharp is (Despite what the less clever amongst you might think) obviously motivated not to help Rovers out, but to get a pay day. That's football. LIke I've said before, no players really care about the club they play for, they care about the pay cheque.....

Disagree with you here.  If it was just about the money Sharp may have gone to Leicester, who knows if they offered him more or less than Southampton did.  Or he would have gone last summer for the money.

Sharp is motivated to play in the Premiership.  Of course, he's always going to seriously consider the money on offer, who wouldn't?  But I repeat, if it was only about the money he'd have gone in Summer.  Southampton are offering him a realistic chance of not only being at a Premiership club, but also I guess actually playing rather than bench warming.  Had Doncaster been challenging in the top 3 or 4 by now, I reckon Sharp would have seen the season out here.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 30, 2012, 06:32:44 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"IDM\" post=216431
BIlly Sharp is (Despite what the less clever amongst you might think) obviously motivated not to help Rovers out, but to get a pay day. That's football. LIke I've said before, no players really care about the club they play for, they care about the pay cheque.....

Disagree with you here.  If it was just about the money Sharp may have gone to Leicester, who knows if they offered him more or less than Southampton did.  Or he would have gone last summer for the money.

Sharp is motivated to play in the Premiership.  Of course, he's always going to seriously consider the money on offer, who wouldn't?  But I repeat, if it was only about the money he'd have gone in Summer.  Southampton are offering him a realistic chance of not only being at a Premiership club, but also I guess actually playing rather than bench warming.  Had Doncaster been challenging in the top 3 or 4 by now, I reckon Sharp would have seen the season out here.

For all we know he may have rejected Leciester, hoped to sign the new offer and the heard about the resignation of the directors. JR said he had the resignations a week before he released the statement. This isn't a conspiracy theory, but I don't think we can rule out the deciding factor being money here.

Niether can we rule out that Sharp isn't motivated by having a chance in the Premiership, but I still feel that Southampton will struggle to stay in an automatic promotion spot, and could fall out very quickly.

Reading are still in the background as well, a lot can happen before the deadline closes, but it looks likely that Billy has played his last game as a Rovers player...

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 30, 2012, 06:36:52 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=216428

No sorry I'm not having that. If money talked he'd have made his Leicester debut a week ago. I would also guess he will be on less at Southampton than he would have been at Leicester. Southampton are a club who appear to be in the running for a play off place at worst and with a couple of quality signings (of which he'd be one) could go up automatically under a manager he (probably?) knows quite well.

I'd have been overjoyed if he'd stayed but with the form he's been in this season and the headlines he's attracted I would blame him for going whilst his star is well and truly on the rise. Who knows what options might (or might not) have been available in summer.

tuffty

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 30, 2012, 06:38:41 pm by tuffty »
GUTTED :cry:

He's a top bloke though and i whish him all the best, just hope to god we find somebody else to get us some goals.

Anyway i'm new on here and hope you all don't mind me joining in on the chat.

:thumbsup:

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 30, 2012, 06:44:39 pm by Wello »
were not a selling club? what a load of tosh, release clause or not, we made a mistake when we signed Billy then, having a clause in his deal for only 550k more than we signed him for. Gutted he's Gone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012