Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:47:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp at Southampton having medical!  (Read 5545 times)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Sharp at Southampton having medical!
« Reply #30 on January 30, 2012, 06:51:55 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"Wello\" post=216440
were not a selling club? what a load of tosh, release clause or not, we made a mistake when we signed Billy then, having a clause in his deal for only 550k more than we signed him for. Gutted he's Gone.

We don't know the full details of the negotiations, that might have been the only way to clinch the signing in the first place. Rotherham could only sign Martin Woods after the relegation release clause and SOD said he could once only sign a player at Bournemouth after agreeing to a mere £20k release clause. Players (and agents) aren't stupid. Billy was possibly taking a slight pay cut and joining a club by no means guarenteed Championship status so may well have insisted on those things.

As for the \"selling club\" thing its been done to death. Our books don't balance and we can't pay for wages at this level without letting the stars like Mills, Wellens and now Sharp go if an offer comes in. It'd be great to have hung on to them all but even Man Utd sold Ronaldo.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GavDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 30, 2012, 07:25:17 pm by GavDRFC »
his release clause is £1.85m to be more precise

:rtid:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 30, 2012, 07:28:03 pm by Filo »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 30, 2012, 07:57:30 pm by MrFrost »
League One beckons i'm afraid. We haven't got anyone in our squad remotely capable of scoring the goals Billy has.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 30, 2012, 08:06:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=216434
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=216428
I must say though, I'm disappointed in Sharp. I thought he'd stick it out until the summer when his value won't have dropped at all I would guess? Money talks......

No sorry I'm not having that. If money talked he'd have made his Leicester debut a week ago. I would also guess he will be on less at Southampton than he would have been at Leicester. Southampton are a club who appear to be in the running for a play off place at worst and with a couple of quality signings (of which he'd be one) could go up automatically under a manager he (probably?) knows quite well.

I'd have been overjoyed if he'd stayed but with the form he's been in this season and the headlines he's attracted I would blame him for going whilst his star is well and truly on the rise. Who knows what options might (or might not) have been available in summer.

Sorry Noel this was not my quote but from Benaldo, I used it and mistakenly forgot to put it was a quote. I like you do not believe Billy was Money orientated and also from Billy's statement on the Southampton site says he had to leave.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 30, 2012, 08:12:46 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=216460
I must say though, I'm disappointed in Sharp. I thought he'd stick it out until the summer when his value won't have dropped at all I would guess? Money talks......

No sorry I'm not having that. If money talked he'd have made his Leicester debut a week ago. I would also guess he will be on less at Southampton than he would have been at Leicester. Southampton are a club who appear to be in the running for a play off place at worst and with a couple of quality signings (of which he'd be one) could go up automatically under a manager he (probably?) knows quite well.

I'd have been overjoyed if he'd stayed but with the form he's been in this season and the headlines he's attracted I would blame him for going whilst his star is well and truly on the rise. Who knows what options might (or might not) have been available in summer.

Sorry Noel this was not my quote but from Benaldo, I used it and mistakenly forgot to put it was a quote. I like you do not believe Billy was Money orientated and also from Billy's statement on the Southampton site says he had to leave.

Ah right, apologies for that!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 31, 2012, 08:36:45 am by Wellred »

So he didn't join Leicester because he couldn't agree terms was wrong then was it?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 31, 2012, 01:32:33 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=216599

So he didn't join Leicester because he couldn't agree terms was wrong then was it?

No idea, and \"terms\" doesn't just mean money. I meant more that Billy would be considering more than just money. I think Billy didn't go to Leicester because they won't be in the shake up come May and I'm not convinced he would be on any more at Soton than he could have been at Leicester.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 31, 2012, 01:51:47 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I think Dick Watson resigning from the board was instrumental to Billy finally leaving. If those Directors had not left then he may have stayed until the summer. It's only an opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012