Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:44:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bamogo  (Read 7419 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Bamogo
« on January 30, 2012, 09:07:49 pm by mushRTID »
Time to see what this fella has got because we have nobody else capable of what Billy can do.

League 1 wasnt that bad anyway. Cheaper tickets, more local games, more opportunities to win. I am resigned to it now, dont care who calls me negative.

This last year has been awful, zero enjoyment for one whole year. I would welcome a fresh start in the next league down.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Bamogo
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2012, 09:14:49 pm by ditch_drfc »
I echo that mate

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2012, 09:19:28 pm by IDM »
The remaining (and any new arrivals tomorrow) players now have nothing to lose - 2 of the club's major investors and the talisman player gone so no one would be surprised at relegation?  

We've still got some decent players, as well as some as yet unknowns.  Let's see what tomorrow night brings, and more importantly Saturday at home.  Let's get behind the team, whoever starts, to get 3 points.

Collect your Sun vouchers for a pair of tickets for £9.50 - I would never buy the Sun to read, but at 30p a shot this is a great offer.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2012, 09:21:56 pm by Akinfenwa »
Our hopes of survival are pretty much pinned on this unknown quantity being brilliant. Either that or other players somehow stepping up to the challenge.

I think League One is alright, for one there are less knobheaded fans (except the Sheffield lot). It will be a tougher league than the one we left but Peterborough have shown that bouncing back can be done if we go about it the right way. It won't be easy mind.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2012, 09:29:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
\"He's just a fat lad from Burkino Faso\"

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2012, 09:29:58 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=216492
Our hopes of survival are pretty much pinned on this unknown quantity being brilliant. Either that or other players somehow stepping up to the challenge.

I think League One is alright, for one there are less knobheaded fans (except the Sheffield lot). It will be a tougher league than the one we left but Peterborough have shown that bouncing back can be done if we go about it the right way. It won't be easy mind.

My honest opinion of the 'right way' would have been to keep SOD in charge, however whats done is done. We have now we have adopted an approach where we are taking a huge risk and if we go down - there is no plan B, and I reckon JR will take what money he has left and enjoy the rest of his days in the sun with his family.

With the walkout of the directors last week I think the whole legacy of Doncaster Rovers now relies on us staying in this division, I can't bare to imagine what would happen if we went down...

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2012, 09:43:14 pm by The Beast »
My mate's pally with Willie McKay, apparently Bamogo is stronger, faster and better than Billy Sharp! Been looking forward to seeing him since I heard this. Just how long is it going to take him to get fit??? What have these 3 new lads been doing, eating Fish and chips and drinking dark mild?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 30, 2012, 09:48:01 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=216495

My honest opinion of the 'right way' would have been to keep SOD in charge, however whats done is done. We have now we have adopted an approach where we are taking a huge risk and if we go down - there is no plan B, and I reckon JR will take what money he has left and enjoy the rest of his days in the sun with his family.

With the walkout of the directors last week I think the whole legacy of Doncaster Rovers now relies on us staying in this division, I can't bare to imagine what would happen if we went down...

Not sure how you know there is no plan b? John Ryan won't leave us in the shit

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2012, 09:48:43 pm by mushRTID »
Now is the time to throw them in. Nothing to lose.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2012, 09:52:25 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"The Beast\" post=216509
My mate's pally with Willie McKay, apparently Bamogo is stronger, faster and better than Billy Sharp! Been looking forward to seeing him since I heard this. Just how long is it going to take him to get fit??? What have these 3 new lads been doing, eating Fish and chips and drinking dark mild?

Not to call your mate wrong, but Big Willie's gonna be saying that isn't he? it's his player, it's his job to \"sell\" the player to the club.. I just hope he ends up as good as you/he/WM says.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2012, 09:52:42 pm by Chris Black come back »

Strange that as his agent Willie says he is \"stronger, faster and better than Billy Sharp\".

I wonder what it is about the agent-client relationship that cash would make any agent cash say something like that?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2012, 09:56:14 pm by Dare to dream! »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=216494
\"He's just a fat lad from Burkino Faso\"

hahahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 30, 2012, 09:57:48 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody has even seen the lad kick a ball yet. How about we give him a chance???

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 30, 2012, 09:58:01 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=216511
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=216495

Not sure how you know there is no plan b? John Ryan won't leave us in the shit

John Ryan:
“Longer term, if we can stay in the Championship we can plan for aggressive assault at the other end of the table,” said Ryan.

“If we get relegated then it’s a real back to the wall situation.

“If the worst does happen then there’ll be a lot of changes - that’s for sure.

“It’s doubtful whether we’ll be able to continue the experiment with Willie because we will have lost that Championship status.

“You’re not going to get an El Hadji Diouf coming in to play in League One.

“But we’re not thinking about that - we’re thinking about staying up.

Free Pree Interview with Ryan

I don't know what would happen, I am only guessing, I'm not in the know and never have been. John has sounded dreadful and I beleive he would call it a day after nearly 15 years of sucess.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 30, 2012, 10:02:11 pm by dickos1 »
As you stated\"there is no plan b\" I just presumed you had knowledge of this fact..

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 30, 2012, 10:03:34 pm by BobG »
It's not this season I'm worried about tbh. That was decided by last October. It's next season. That's the real challenge. This club has imploded. Either naivity or Boardroom infighting has resulted in the established players wanting out (go on then - how many established contracted players have signed a contract extension since SOD went?), in supporters fighting amongst themselves, in a major loss of interest in the club, in the destruction of a set of values, behaviours and morals that were envied throughout football, in the loss of anything we could ever call a 'team' and, worst of all, the loss of pretty well all the significant financial backing.

And I'll offer one more suggestion: apart from emotional attachment, just why is John going to stay on long term now? His money is not sufficient to keep us up. Today amply proved that. If he stays he gets progressively more and more broke. His dream is shattered. His responsibility for that is total. What's left? He's knackered - you've only got to see him, to hear him to realise that. He's getting on a bit in years too now. What's in it for him any longer?

As I said, it's next season I'm worrying about now.

BobG

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 30, 2012, 10:06:54 pm by whisky »

The standard of football in Greece must be awesome if they have players of such quality surplus to requirements.
I really hope he does prove to be a success though.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 30, 2012, 10:08:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=216523
As you stated\"there is no plan b\" I just presumed you had knowledge of this fact..

It's not a fact, it's an opinion, but one I beleive to be 95% true in this case.

The Club couldn't possibly have a Plan B, if there was some way of improving things they would be doing it now. John Ryan is on his own, what could a Plan B possibly be? Answer that question and you will have a point...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 30, 2012, 10:08:59 pm by RoversAlias »
Crofty, whatever happens I don't think John Ryan is the type who would saunter off into the sun not caring what happened to Rovers after he left. When he does finally pack it in, if he ever does, you know that a big part of him will always still be attached to this club, he won't just leave and forget all about it.

pubteam

« Reply #19 on January 30, 2012, 10:11:28 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=216528
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=216523

It's not a fact, it's an opinion, but one I beleive to be 95% true in this case.

The Club couldn't possibly have a Plan B, if there was some way of improving things they would be doing it now. John Ryan is on his own, what could a Plan B possibly be? Answer that question and you will have a point...

Do you genuinely think that JR has completely ruled out the possibility of relegation, and will be running round in a flap of panic if we find ourselves needing to plan for that eventuality?

Just because he hasn't publicised his \"Plan B\" in the Free Press, doesn't mean no thought has gone into it.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 30, 2012, 10:12:25 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=216524
It's not this season I'm worried about tbh. That was decided by last October. It's next season. That's the real challenge. This club has imploded. Either naivity or Boardroom infighting has resulted in the established players wanting out (go on then - how many established contracted players have signed a contract extension since SOD went?), in supporters fighting amongst themselves, in a major loss of interest in the club, in the destruction of a set of values, behaviours and morals that were envied throughout football, in the loss of anything we could ever call a 'team' and, worst of all, the loss of pretty well all the significant financial backing.

And I'll offer one more suggestion: apart from emotional attachment, just why is John going to stay on long term now? His money is not sufficient to keep us up. Today amply proved that. If he stays he gets progressively more and more broke. His dream is shattered. His responsibility for that is total. What's left? He's knackered - you've only got to see him, to hear him to realise that. He's getting on a bit in years too now. What's in it for him any longer?

BobG

Can't say many can disagree with that...

Good to have you back bob!:thumbsup:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 30, 2012, 10:14:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Also, Plan B? Here's our Plan B.

My sources say he is bigger, faster and better than Billy Sharp! :dry:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 30, 2012, 10:16:18 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=216524

BobG

Here here Bob. Too many mis guided folk on here as well who seem to think League One will be a push over. Reality check, there will be many many teams in the division better equipped than us. Example, Bournemouth today shelling out 800k for a player. We won't be able to put together 80k for a transfer, let alone 800k.

If we go down, to start with there is the loss of a reported 4,5 million in TV revenue. The loss of supporters (IMO we will average about 5-6k) Granted the wage bill will come down, but there will still be a hell of a shortfall to compensate for, and just who is going to do that?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 30, 2012, 10:19:38 pm by Mr1Croft »
I don't think JR would walk away without a care, he is a fan first and foremost.

Nor do I think he hasn't ruled it out, but the 'plan B' won't be no different to 'plan A' keep hold of the players we can, sign who we can on our budget and try our best on the field and hope it all works out.

But John Ryan is only human and as Bob G wrote he doesn't have a bottomless pit, he continues to pour his own fortune into the club, he isn't getting younger and this is his personal money. At the moment he is in a corner where he won't leave because of his emotional attatchment, we don't have any investors in the wings waiting and John Ryan would not walk away leaving us with nothing. However there will come a time in the not so distant future where it may be in his own interests to walk away, I'm not saying any of us will find it easier, but JR isn't going to be here forever.

I daresay he'd look a tad younger if he wasn't Chairman, as he said himself; \"it should come with a health warning\"

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 30, 2012, 10:22:42 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=216537
I don't think JR would walk away without a care, he is a fan first and foremost.

Nor do I think he hasn't ruled it out, but the 'plan B' won't be no different to 'plan A' keep hold of the players we can, sign who we can on our budget and try our best on the field and hope it all works out.

But John Ryan is only human and as Bob G wrote he doesn't have a bottomless pit, he continues to pour his own fortune into the club, he isn't getting younger and this is his personal money. At the moment he is in a corner where he won't leave because of his emotional attatchment, we don't have any investors in the wings waiting and John Ryan would not walk away leaving us with nothing. However there will come a time in the not so distant future where it may be in his own interests to walk away, I'm not saying any of us will find it easier, but JR isn't going to be here forever.

I daresay he'd look a tad younger if he wasn't Chairman, as he said himself; \"it should come with a health warning\"

he can probably sort this bit out himself.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 30, 2012, 10:37:36 pm by BobG »
Lol Vaya. Belting!

And I'm with you Mr1Croft. These are incredibly dangerous times now for DRFC. I'm trying to think of other small clubs who have had a rapid rise and then an equally rapid descent just to see if we can draw comfort somewhere. But I can't think of a single one who ended up surviving reasonably ok in the League below. Yet we've got a management, boardroom and financial disaster to contend with as well. Yet even without those disasters to contend with, just look at how similar meteor clubs have ended up... Colchester? Struggling now. Crewe? Definitely yo yo for a while but pants now. Mansfield (for the oldies amongst us! Again, definitely not a long term success story. Stockport? Maybe they did have the same problems - and just look where they've ended up.... Southend? They've dragged along the bottom for a while. Who else? I can't think of a single meteoric club that has ended up surviving comfortably in the league below their peak. You might suggest Scunny - but they're really struggling this time around aren't they? Peterborough? But theirs wasn't a meteoric rise was it?

Are there any examples we can draw comfort from? Any?

BobG

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 30, 2012, 10:39:14 pm by mushRTID »
Grimsby? Frightening really.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 30, 2012, 10:48:14 pm by BobG »
Forgot them Mush. Thanks. Yes. Scary. Very.

How about a prediction thingy? Where will we be in 3 seasons time? I'll start. League  2 - or whatever Div. 4 is called nowadays.

BobG

PS How about a second prediction thingy? How long will McKay and the Welsh dwarf stick around? My offer? No more then the end of next season. And that is REALLY scary. No half way decent long term squad AND no revolving door squad either....

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 30, 2012, 10:54:40 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=216546
Forgot them Mush. Thanks. Yes. Scary. Very.

How about a prediction thingy? Where will we be in 3 seasons time? I'll start. League  2 - or whatever Div. 4 is called nowadays.

BobG

PS How about a second prediction thingy? How long will McKay and the Welsh dwarf stick around? My offer? No more then the end of next season. And that is REALLY scary. No half way decent long term squad AND no revolving door squad either....

That made me laugh after a day of mixed emotions, \"Welsh dwarf stick\" :laugh: :laugh:

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 30, 2012, 10:56:49 pm by Wokingviking »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=216543
Lol Vaya. Belting!

And I'm with you Mr1Croft. These are incredibly dangerous times now for DRFC. I'm trying to think of other small clubs who have had a rapid rise and then an equally rapid descent just to see if we can draw comfort somewhere. But I can't think of a single one who ended up surviving reasonably ok in the League below. Yet we've got a management, boardroom and financial disaster to contend with as well. Yet even without those disasters to contend with, just look at how similar meteor clubs have ended up... Colchester? Struggling now. Crewe? Definitely yo yo for a while but pants now. Mansfield (for the oldies amongst us! Again, definitely not a long term success story. Stockport? Maybe they did have the same problems - and just look where they've ended up.... Southend? They've dragged along the bottom for a while. Who else? I can't think of a single meteoric club that has ended up surviving comfortably in the league below their peak. You might suggest Scunny - but they're really struggling this time around aren't they? Peterborough? But theirs wasn't a meteoric rise was it?

Are there any examples we can draw comfort from? Any?

BobG

Jeez, I wish I'd never led your resurrection now Bob! Nothing of that comment above is either supportive or constructive, is it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012