Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:33:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bamogo  (Read 7418 times)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Bamogo
« Reply #60 on January 31, 2012, 03:15:04 pm by benaldo »
Just to add a fact to the debate.....sorry.......Blackpool were not the \"good old lucky, honest, hard working, small spending, heart warming story\" team that you are alluding to.

In the season before their promotion, Blackpool spent 136% of their total income on Players salaries alone!!!! They bought their way out of the Championship same as anyone else has done.

In the same season, Rovers spent around 80% of their income on players salaries, a fact that is still around the same figure.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 31, 2012, 03:22:01 pm by Lipsy »
I'm not in any 'half-empty gang'. Yes, I fear relegation (does anyone - hand-on-heart - not fear it right now?). I live in hope that it won't happen, but I have a reasonable enough mind to look at the games in hand *and* the points we need to see that it's not going to be easy.

I'm just expressing my opinion. I haven't slated or criticised anyone, I'm just a bit gutted and fearful.  

It's as simple as that.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 31, 2012, 03:30:09 pm by The L J Monk »
If we had a decent youth system that would be a massive help to sustaining a second tier club.

Look at a club like Watford for example. A club who, based on average crowds, we should be competing directly against for survival. In their starting line-up against Spurs the other night they had Mariappa, Hodson, Doyley, Murray and Sordell who were all home-grown. On the bench were three more in Bond, Jenkins and Whichelow.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 31, 2012, 03:34:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=216710
If we had a decent youth system that would be a massive help to sustaining a second tier club.

Look at a club like Watford for example. A club who, based on average crowds, we should be competing directly against for survival. In their starting line-up against Spurs the other night they had Mariappa, Hodson, Doyley, Murray and Sordell who were all home-grown. On the bench were three more in Bond, Jenkins and Whichelow.
[/i]

Loach aswell i think definatly agree about the youth been important dean says he wants to sort it though and it will take along time to see the benefits. definatly the way forward

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 31, 2012, 03:34:38 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"The L J Monk\" post=216710

Good point. I think the youth setup at Rovers has been neglected since the days when it produced Paul Green et al. NOt having a dig at a former manager, it's just my opinion on the youth setup.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 31, 2012, 03:40:13 pm by donnyroversfc »
Watford have put a lot of work into youth. Certainly one of the best academies in England.

Harefield academy

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 31, 2012, 04:03:06 pm by Wellred »
Having a good youth system is the future, however you don't get one in a season or two. It takes a long time build a good youth system.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 31, 2012, 04:07:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
for the youth system it is important that someone does come through and get a chance with us because it is all about reputation who would come to drfc youth if they have never heard of anyone making it through so we miss out on the best youngsters

TinyPortal © 2005-2012